Old 03-30-2006, 10:39 AM   #76  

S/C/G: 248/208/160

Height: 5'4

The calorie counters have a thread and in that thread is a post called calorie cyclers.. It was interesting to me since I screw up so frequently on weekends, but I don't think it's something I can do weekly c'uz after I'd given myself permission to eat more calories over a weekend I went sooo overboard, then Monday mornin' was tough, I had cravings galore, no energy, my weight was up from 183.2-186.4,yikes...I went over my calories again Monday, I felt so hungry all day long, I was upset about my gain.. I think I'll look at the overall weekly caloric intake, rather than daily intake, that way I can eat a little bit more somedays and make up for the days I didn't quite eat enough or days I got alot of exercise done,, but no more all I can eat weekends, it's to hard fro me to get back on track again.. I know it's about "moderation" and I like to remind the people who tell me to lose my weight "moderation is the key"... Thanx a-bunch, but if I could do "moderation" I wouldn't have a weight issue in the first place!! Some people can do moderation, congrats to them...One bite is the kiss of death for my diet :O) My solution is restriction.. But I learned from the calorie cyclers it's ok to slip once in awhile as long as my intake isn't over 10,000 calories a week..Ok I'm off to the gym... Good health and great energy girls'..
cherrylatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 08:35 AM   #77  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Yeah for you Cherrylatte on getting back to the gym! It sounds like you are doing a good job of identifying your weaknesses and how you have to work around them. I have a lot of respect for you for being able to count calories at all! I had a good laugh over your response to the "all things in moderation" advice I had never really looked at it like that and i know i have said that to myself and other folks as well. Will definitely keep your feeling about that in mind for the future!

Here's to a good weekend! Hope we all make it through meeting our goals!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #78  
Fat Chick On a Mission

S/C/G: 297/275/102

Well...it's Sunday afternoon - how did your weekend go everyone? Mine went well! I was surprised (weekends are so tough for me!) but I didn't binge a bit!! YAY!!

Ang
chickenbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 09:23 AM   #79  
Fat Chick On a Mission

It's 8:40CST - how did you weekend go?

I feel a bit bloated today...will definately have to jump start the week and get back on track (not that I really got off...but last night I did eat more than F & Sat nights)!

Wishing you all quick losing!
Old 04-03-2006, 11:53 AM   #80  

Hi ladies :O) Sorry I wasn't around for a few days! I tend to not be home alot over the weekends.. It doesn't look like I missed to much here though...I'm diong good, stuck with my eating healthy, counting calories, exercising.. I was really worried about bingeing over this weekend, I tend to do that alot.. I had a talk with my husband and told him I was doing a 30day challenge at my gym and this month,for me, would mean no eating out at the Buffet or Sizzler!! He was very supportive... I think the challenge it's a great motivation for m, I would be soooo embarassed to finish in the last place
ChickenBee, good for you, keep up the positive attitude :O)
Ok I'm headed out to exercise, late, due to daylight savings totally messing up my routine!! I hate changing the hour forward, but I don't mind the changing back the hour :O) Good health..
Old 04-04-2006, 06:08 AM   #81  
rambler

Chickenbee and Cherrylatte glad to hear you came through the weekend without any major meltdowns! keep up the good work. I didn't have a major binge this weekend so that is a start. Exercise has been hard but my outside activity has definitley picked up. Hope ya'll are off to a good week!
Old 04-04-2006, 08:59 AM   #82  
Fat Chick On a Mission

Elem - I agree with you on that - my outside activity has definately picked up! I have put in 4 flower beds and been working on painting the house! I bought a volleyball set this weekend and am hoping to get it up in the backyard to help me get more active!

Best Wishes All!!

Ang
Old 04-05-2006, 06:15 AM   #83  
rambler

chickenbee you are an ambitious woman!! Volleyball has always been one of the sports i felt like i could at least not embarrass myself too badly in, but haven't played in a long time. i may look into one for myself this summer!! Thanks for the idea and have a good day! Erin
Old 04-05-2006, 04:19 PM   #84  

Hi ladies It's great to see ya'll are doin' so well!! I'm still going to exercise
4-5 days a week, I'm not even wanting to look at a scale yet.. Maybe next week I'll check-in to see if I'm making any progress yet :O) I get very upset when I weigh to often and don't see immediate results!! Silly I know, my butt isn't gonna leave me overnight...I can't believe summer is almost upon us, I was so hoping to be slimmer by now, this is my own fauly for putting off eating healthy, I'm such a procrastinator (spelled right?)
Ok, I'll check back on ya'll later today, I'm off to get my rugrats from school....
Old 04-06-2006, 06:16 AM   #85  
rambler

Yes the time of sweat and rub is upon us!! We have already had some 80 degree days here and I dread where it will go this summer! Hope everyone is coming along well. Sounds like the challenge at the gym is really keep you moving cherrylatte! I understand about the dreading to get back on the scale when you know how hard you are working but fearing the scale won't show it. I know the cliche's everyone uses about the number doesn't matter and check your inches too, but i really like to see that scale move! Bottom line though it really doesn't make a difference what the scale says, have pride in what you are doing and how you are feeling! Hope everyone has a great day! Erin
Old 04-06-2006, 09:21 AM   #86  
Fat Chick On a Mission

Grrr...I weighed in early (today) and I GAINED 2 pounds...on top of the pound that I gained last week that is a total of 3 pounds gained - 278! Even with all my activity! I just can't believe it. LOL I guess that means I'm going to have to go back to being super strict on this diet.

((HUGS)) to ya'all!!

Ang
Old 04-06-2006, 11:57 AM   #87  

AAAHHHH.. I knew better than to weigh myself this morning!! Up 0.6,, I know it's not alot but I'd though for sure I was down at least a half a pound by now :O( Boo-hoo... I'm being totally honest when I say I've not cheated at all for more than a week now and I've been very good with going to the gym!!! I'm very unhappy at the moment..I didn't even exercise yet today, maybe I can get over myself and get to the gym sometime today?!?! This really, really sucks.... I hope I don't have a binge today 'cuz of this...
Ok I had to vent, I think I feel a little better now :O) I should get off my butt and do something constructive now..I'd much rather have a bowl of ice cream for breakfast though :O)
Old 04-07-2006, 09:10 AM   #88  
Fat Chick On a Mission

Between Yesterday and Today, I am feeling back on track! I love 3FC!! I'm having difficulty seeing the messages in this thread - like the last 3 or 4, is anyone else having this problem? As soon as I post a message, then I can see all the ones before it...

I know what you mean, I am being completely honest with the board, I had thought I would have lost atleast a pound this week because I did so well (I just wasn't being so strict that I was thinking about food constantly and calculating it all, apparently, when I think about food all the time - that is when I lose!) And then I weighed in and I'm up poundS. *sigh*

But that is ok - this week is going to be a good week for me!

Ang
Old 04-08-2006, 12:10 PM   #89  

Howdy girls'... How is this weekend treatin' ya'll?? So far I feelin' postivive that I'll conquer my weekend "eating out" habits!! I did well last weekend and I think everyday that goes by is making me stronger :O) Today was the last day of my mini-goal weight of 179.2, I weighed 180.2,,, I got very close so I'm feeling good about that!! My next goal is to stay away from the darn scale for at least a week!! I will not let it get me down again :O)
I hope everyone here has a very healthy and energetic weekend!!! Eat right and exercise ladies :O)
Old 04-12-2006, 06:45 AM   #90  
rambler

Default Is Anybody Out There?

Well ladies, i have been out of the loop for a while due to internet problems but am surprised to see i haven't missed anything! Is everyone okay?? Hope all is well and you are making progress!