Old 03-26-2006, 06:34 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 248/208/160

Height: 5'4

You need to not get to stressed about your weight :O) It'll just end up making you have more cravings!! I know firsthand It's always easier said than done, I know that too... But seriously don't beat yourself up, k...
cherrylatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:59 PM   #62  

Oh ya, I have a silly question for anybody with more smarts than I;that would mean everybody! What in the world does (Baseline) BMR mean??? I don't get it.. It's on the fitday software I downloaded..Help :O)
Old 03-27-2006, 07:01 AM   #63  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

I thnk it is actual basal metabolic rate, but regardless, it is supposed to be the amount of calories you burn just existing, what your body burns just keeping you alive. At least that's my understanding, anyone else have a better explaination?

thanks for being encouraging! i am feeling much better this morning and plan to start the week fresh. no need worrying about the past it is gone! Here's to moving forward! I am going to the cardiologist this morning and hope she will not ream me about the weight gain, but maybe that is what i need!

love ya'll thanks for the help!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 08:32 AM   #64  
Fat Chick On a Mission

S/C/G: 297/275/102

Elem - I have done the same thing! I've gained atleast 3 pounds! But this week is a fresh week and I'm saddling up for another "go"!

Best Wishes;
Angela
chickenbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 01:01 PM   #65  

Ok I'm also up to 187 (again) My body really seems to enjoy that weight !! I really am so sick of it.. It's like my comfort weight or something ... I'm determined to lose for summer !! I did a little extra this morning at my gym so I'm hoping that will help me lose some of my weekend gain.. Good health gals'
Old 03-27-2006, 03:43 PM   #66  
rambler

thanks for being honest ladies and letting me know i am not the only one gaining while i am supposed to be losing. i have done well so far today. i really wanted to pig out this morning and started in on some vanilla cream wafers but only ate about 6 of them instead of the whole package like i normally do right now i am debating on working in the yard or doing some paperwork and other stuff on the computer. let's say it -- get off my keister and go outside!!!

Hope ya'll have a great day and we can all make a new start this week.

Oh yeah the cardiologist didn't even say a word about my wieght until i brought it up and then she only said yeah you're up a little.
Old 03-27-2006, 03:49 PM   #67  
rambler

xfudge3, glad to have you with us. As you can see from the last few posts we all struggle!!! hope you find this helpful!
Old 03-27-2006, 09:28 PM   #68  
rambler

okay ladies it is now, 8:30 pm and i went outside played with the kids and trimmed one of three crepe myrtle trees, cleaned up the kitchen during and after supper and then got kids in the bed and came down to the computer to keep from eating anything else. i had a salad loaded with lots of good stuff for supper but a long stretch from what i had been eating at night. I am feeling real inspired at the moment and pray that i can continue it! hope ya'll have a wonderful evening!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:07 PM   #69  

Keep up the good eating habits and before you even know it becomes a habit
I made to the park and walking around the baseball field while the kids' played, I feel like I should've done more today though after my very lousy eating all weekend!! I'm up first thing tomorrow and off to the gym
Old 03-28-2006, 06:01 AM   #70  
rambler

good job on the walking! Are you up and on your way to the gym this morning??
Old 03-28-2006, 10:44 AM   #71  

I just woke up!! It's already 8:40 here.. I'm drinking my morning cup of java, i can't function without it I'm bummed again this morning, I need to stay away from the scale for a few day, my weight is 186.2, boo-hoo.... I hope I'm retaining water...I will make it to the gym though, eventually Ya'll have healthy day...
Old 03-28-2006, 10:50 AM   #72  

Default cravings

oh those cravings are such a bad thing! i had one for chalupas this weekend.. ordered2 could only eat one though and i found it wasnt as good as i thought it would be. i was much more satified with my steamed broccoli and cauliflower and cabbage. maybe you can you some carb free ice cream its retty good! well i am off to do my last few minutes on the treadmill for today . have a good day and exercise!
toofatforu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 11:00 AM   #73  

S/C/G: 230/226/150

I finally found it!! (the thread) I don't know what happened because i found it the other day, but could not find it yesterday AT ALL!!! Anyway, just want to let you all know that the past few days i think i've been on a diet to GAIN weight...I have been absolutely horrible!!!! It IS nice to know other people are going through the same thing! Anyway, I am back on track today...i AM going to the gym today....I just have to keep telling myself that this is for ME and only ME and nobody else is going to do it for me and I DESERVE IT!!! (y'all like my little pep talk?)

ELEM-PGF, about the cravings - i've heard other people say this helps so i'm trying it strting today - cut back on the carbs. I had raisin bran this morning. Last week i had bagels each morning and I was out of control, so I'm sticking to raisin bran and frosted mini wheats for breakfast this week, and try for low carb lunches...Don't know if this will help or not, but i plan to find out!

CHERRYLATTE- Is that the calorie counters your are talking about? that sound kinda interesting...

Everybody keep up the good work and stay on track!!! BECAUSE WE ALL DESERVE IT!!! RIGHT???
B&LSMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:24 PM   #74  
Fat Chick On a Mission

S/C/G: 297/275/102

Right! I had a moment of weakness, but I won!! I'm doing well today, writing down all my calories/fat consumed and water drank!

Best Wishes ALL!!

Ang
chickenbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 06:22 AM   #75  
rambler

Can't tell ya'll how wonderful it is to have people who are going through the same things!

Yeah chickenbee on winning over that moment of weakness I think it only takes of few of those wins to add up to a confidence that can really keep you going!

Cherrylatte - i agree the scale can bring you down faster than anything else. I am a habitual daily weigher and took about 3 weeks off only weighing about once a week. My weight did not do any better but i found myself not being as obsessed about food etc through the day as i do when i weigh all the time.

toofatforu - Actually have had some of the low carb ice creams and they are not bad. I get the WW fudge popsicles (they are big so you feel like you are really getting a treat) and Sweet Freedom ice cream cones with nuts on top. My problem is i need to stick with only eating one!

b&lsmama - I will definitely cut back on carbs and see what that does. thanks for the suggestion

happy day to everyone and have you exercised today????