Old 03-16-2006, 09:30 PM   #16  

Does anybody use yahoo or msn messenger??? Would be great to chat in "live" time. lol
desertdreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 06:24 AM   #17  
rambler

S/C/G: 296/225/170

Wow, stay off the computer a day or two and you miss alot! Howdy to desertdreamer! Yes, i know the binge thing all too well! i can not believe other folks feel the same ways i do about food and life in general. I have been doing a lot of talking with my mom lately about my memories of childhood and how she remembers my childhood and it amazes me how different they can be! I am desperately trying to figure out what may have happened or how i got to the place emotionally that food is my only comfort! So far a few theories but nothing solid. Loneliness definitelyseems to play a big role, the first bingeing i did was after school when my brother was off being the star athlete and mom and dad were working. i would try to see how much i could eat without anyone noticing it was gone so i would eat a little bit of a lot of stuff. Mom swears she never noticed food being gone but i think she chalked it up to my brother's endless appetite at that age.

I too am short about 5'4" and lately feel as round as i am tall. I am a physical therapist and do home health. I am in my car (alone) all day which allows for a lot of eating when "no one can see me". I am often getting up and down from the floor and this is getting more and more difficult. When the patient i am there to help is trying to help me up i could just die! I can do it and often people comment "i can't believe you do that at your size!" Not sure if that is a compliment or not but anyway i am noticing it getting harder and harder and i am grunting louder and louder! this is one of the ways i can usually tell things are changing.

Cherrylatte, congratulations on the hard work to get you as far as you have and don't quit now. I just said to my mom last night i just want to get to where i don't have to think about life as a constant calculator of how many calories of what type food and how much exercise. I just want to live and enjoy without thinking about it. But, seems like there is going to have to be consious work at it if i ever want to get there and stay there. DO NOT TAKE THIS WRONG, i am not trying to be negative about it all, just real. I am not a good calorie counter but am definitley watching carbs. I have done sugarbusters before and dropped my typical 35 pounds or so in about 5-6 weeks.

Well ladies gotta run, paperwork to do before getting daughter up for school and heading out for a long day on the road! have a fabulous day and will try to check in tonight!
ELEM-PGF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:21 AM   #18  

[QUOTE=ELEM-PGF] I am desperately trying to figure out what may have happened or how i got to the place emotionally that food is my only comfort!QUOTE]

YES! This is exactly what I am struggling with. Ya hit the nail on the head perfectly, I'm glad someone else is verbally expressive here!

I was the "black sheep" of the family. Oldest child and seemed to be the one mom focused all the negativity towards, ie. grades,wrong friends,my weight (!!!) you name it I got screamed at for it. Once my other sisters were old enought to go off and do things like clubs, band, sports, whatever, suddenly I was left alone because they focused all their attention on their goings on (but in a positive way). It seems like it was almost better to have her on me for my weight, grades, whatever then to be left completely ignored? Negative reinforcement better than nothing? I dunno, but this sounds like a therapy session, doesn't it!

Hopefully you can come up with a solution for your driving time by replacing eating with something else? Not a whole heck of alot of options is there when you consider ya gotta drive! But seriously, there's gotta be something we can come up with to help you out with that. You can do this!

Old 03-17-2006, 09:58 PM   #19  
Soon2BFit

S/C/G: 246.2/See Ticker/145

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenbee
My exercise is very sporadic...and nearly non-existant.

Generally it is Walking with my Leslie Sansone DVD. When the weather warms up it will be walking at the park, maybe I can convince myself to get back on the Bowflex that has become a lovely clothes catcher.

Ang
I thought it was just me. My Gazelle holds coats very nicely and my balance ball just fits right in the middle of it. I love the Leslie Sansone WATP videos.

Denise
GR8 2B48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 11:01 PM   #20  
Fat Chick On a Mission

S/C/G: 297/275/102

Denise;

You're not alone! I've always wanted a stationary bike, but I'm sure it would end up like the Bowflex. Most expensive hanger I have ever bought. LOL And it took the longest to assemble, too!

Ang
chickenbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 10:24 PM   #21  

S/C/G: 248/208/160

Height: 5'4

Hey ladies.. How's everyone's weekend going? I hate to admit it but I skipped the gym this morning and on top of that, I ate pizza !! You ever notice when you need the exercise most, you just can't seem to talk your self into doing it? I really shouldn't be sitting here doing nothin', weekends are so difficult for me, I always slip with my food and I almost never make it to the gym either..double no-no's... I hope ya'll are doin' better than me :O) Have a good evening..
cherrylatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 10:41 AM   #22  
Fat Chick On a Mission

S/C/G: 297/275/102

Ugh! You're not the only one who has difficult weekends. *Sigh*

I also have them. I try not to let myself get too sidetracked so that I feel like I am still dieting, just had a small setback. I had half of a vanilla shake from Hardees yesterday, and hubby took me out to my favorite Mexican restaurant for dinner last night! I didn't exercise at all, either. Today is much better.

Hope today is going better for you, also!

Angela
chickenbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 11:01 AM   #23  

Good Morning girls. I hope everyone is doing alright this weekend? I have done horribly, ate wrong and didn't work out at all. And I can tell you right now, I honestly don't have any intention of doing it today either, and the day is still young. Maybe I'll feel inspired? I dunno. It's been such a rough few months, mentally I am just exhausted dealing w/ all this junk...I have fought to lose the last few months and have struggled from day one to get anything to come off...dealing with medications causing problems, being told it would be another couple months before we would know about weight loss, I just don't know if I can take anymore. I am so tired! And we won't even discuss how physically tired I am, keeping up this fake sense of happiness around my family just so that no one worries or asks too many questions. I do not want to worry my kids that something is wrong? Am I just being weird and overly sensitive or what? I feel like I am giving up, that I've finally let go of that last rung on the wagon and am about to get pulled down and run over by the proverbial wagon.

I am hoping (praying) to get myself going this week and rev myself up and get out of this feeling of hopelessness. I only hope that I have enough strength to do it.

Okay, now that I've been the wet blanket here girls (sorry), what are everyone's "plan of attack" this week? Goals you want to set, things you would like to get done and not necessarily dealing with weight loss? Maybe I can draw some motivation off you gals and really go into this week feeling like I'll get to the other side in one piece.

Have a wonderful day girls and thanks for listening to me whine.
Old 03-19-2006, 03:35 PM   #24  
Always Strugglin'

S/C/G: 206/204/150

OK, I feel SO much better. I just got off the eliptical runner after a pitiful 20 minutes (and almost dying!) and felt like a COW. You guys are all inspiring. If I can keep reading this stuff (which also keeps me out of the fridge) I hope I can be successful!

I would also love a buddy. I have about 50 pounds to lose- (actually more, but for now am going with 50) and want to lose some of it, before I get married in August (for the first time at 38!).

Anyone interested? I also want to keep up the exercise- which is SUCH a mental struggle for me! I would love to chat with someone who feels the same way!
salinas38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 04:23 PM   #25  
rambler

Howdy girlies! finally making it back on line since my monsterous message the other night. i tend to be a little long winded so i appologize up front for that!

I want to hit some specific replies to previous posts first and then i got something i just got to get out there.

Danielle - the eating driving thing is really tough and i would love suggestions. i have tried chewing gum instead of food so at least i am chewing but now am having TMJ type symptoms so can't do that often. i also got an MP3 player so i have continuous music and can sing my head off. entertaining for those around me i am sure especially when i am chewing with my singing! i can manage to eat and do just about anything lately!!

Believe it or not i usually do better on the weekends, so busy saturday doing housework and laundry don't usually eat till dinner and then sunday do the church thing and run around all day, plus there are more people around and i do my worst eating when i am alone.

Danielle - i hear the hoplessness in your voice/typing! Please hang in there!! i am hanging on the edge of hopeless too and don't want to go that road. the thing i just gotta get out there is this.....

why do we beat outselves up by saying we are being "bad" if we have pizza or don't exercise that day????!!!! ladies we are not "bad" people we are wonderful strong women who have struggles in our lives that make us stronger and more powerful than those who do not deal with this. food is going to be a part of our lives as long as we are alive and until we develop a relationship with food that is not good or bad but just food that keeps us alive, this thing is going to beat us. i just want to scream from the roof tops sometimes, i want to be normal! i don't want to worry about all the details, i just want to go from day to day doing what works for the big picture and not worry about if that moment was good or bad. its not a good or bad deal, its life and lets just live it and enjoy!!! we have many moments surrounding the "bad" ones that we do well, why don't we ever give ourselves credit for them!!!!!!!!! i hope all this is coming across like i want it too, emotion can't always be expressed properly in and email and we put our own tone to it, so like i said i hope it comes off right. Don't get me wrong i am the first one who comes off with the good bad thing myself so i do not practice what i preach but wouldn't life be fabulous if we could master this concept!!!

okay enough from me for now, i am going to put this out there and see what yall have to say.
Old 03-19-2006, 04:25 PM   #26  
rambler

forgot to say... kudos to you salinas38 on the 20 min on the elliptical, i have not made it to 5 min yet!!!!
Old 03-19-2006, 04:52 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 248/208/160

Height: 5'4

Hey girls'. So I take it I'm not the only inperfect gal on the planet?! Still no exercise for me, but tomorrow I'll definately get there. It's true about food not being the enemy unless we make it the enemy.. I needed to hear that, I was just about ready to go out for a hot fudge sundae just 'cuz I feel so "bad" this weekend...I wish I could learn the rule "eat 2 live,not live 2 eat".
but it just doesn't seem so easy sometimes. And spring break begins here next Thursday so I'll have to find a way to juggle my 3 kids' and my gym, but I'm feeling very determined and hopefully I won't lose my focus! So I understand food is not my enemy, maybe I'm my worst enemy?! I know what I should be doing right now, like going for a walk at the park while my kids' play, yet here I sit :O) Thanx ladies for making me feel not alone with my weekend insanity,, it really makes me feel like I'm not a bad person and I will do better. Hang in there everyone, later..
cherrylatte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 05:09 PM   #28  
rambler

We started our spring break this weekend so things will definitely be crazy here this week. i have almost intentionally ignored the exercise component of things lately, make a deal with ya, i'll exercise tomorrow if you do!!
Old 03-20-2006, 01:02 PM   #29  

S/C/G: 230/226/150

I'm exercising today!!! I plan to go to the gym for at least 30 minutes...I have a hard time getting there cuz i feel like I have to go for more than 30 minutes and I don't have the time, but the truth is I could fit 30 minutes in everyday after work... So Who's with me??? Who is doing their exercising today? I set a goal for myself of AT LEAST 2 1/2 hours this week...(30 minutes a day). I kept thinking about going over the weekend, but that's as far as I got (just thinking)...Weekend are really hard for me too! Glad to know that i'm not alone!

I'm half scared of the elliptical - it looks like it is REALLY hard - hard is not really the word, i don't know how to explain it exactly...but it looks like you already need to be in shape before getting on there....Is it as hard as it looks?

I have another question...i am concerned because of my weight, I'm concerned that I might have a heart attack or something (when i'm exercising). Does anybody else ever worry about things like that? I'm sure I'm just being stupid...

Well gotta go for now - lunchtime - and God forbid I would miss it!!!
B&LSMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 04:17 PM   #30  
Working on Hot!

S/C/G: 242/225/175

I just got to say you gals have a great little thread going here...I have all the same problems you all do....Good Luck and stay together....Yall are good for each other....
la3y_un1c0rn_37 is offline   Reply With Quote