Old 04-17-2006, 08:29 AM   #76  

Scary weigh-in this morning: up to 199. Now I know that's probably a little inflated, what with the aftermath of easter chocolate and salty ham and all, but it was enough to make me break out the raisin bran. Maybe a fridge clearout later, and of course the rest of the easter trash to ditch. (You may be surprised that there's any junk left, but there was a lot, and I really DID try to finish it last night... )

So there's still a lot of insanity around here , and a lot of blubber too. The dreaded return to WW is getting closer and closer. Mscat, I'll let you know once I've signed up. But there's not much excuse right now: troubling Easter visit home is over, the weather is nice enough to bike, the constant blues are feeling increasingly self-indulgent...

Donna, how did the BMR test turn out? You've been doing so well, I have a good feeling about it.

Sushi, it's great to see you back! It sounds like you had a great time, and I rather expect the ice cream was worth it. Are you still in Aus? Thanks for the spanking, you know I always enjoy a little public flagellation.

Bonnie, my BB Buddy, where are you? By now we're probably at the same weight; let's stop going THE WRONG WAY, and let's do it TOGETHER! (Of course all my fellow insanity stoppers are welcome to jump on board...)

Mscat, my fingers will be crossed that your holiday doesn't interfere with your exercise streak. You've been doing so well!

My posts may continue to be a little sporadic: on top of my already bad habits, I seem to have developed a pinched nerve in my right wrist. At first I thought it was from playing laser pointer with the cats, and that may have started it , but now I fear using the laptop may be a factor too. I see the doc tomorrow, and do NOT want to be told it's carpal tunnel. But I may be trying to stay off the puter.

Ta for now.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:57 AM   #77  
prepare for the BEST time

Default The Voice Of Larger Pants Sizes To Come....

Slap, Slap, Slap.....

I have no tolerance for ANYTHING today

myself is doing double workouts, AM about 20 mins. of interval training at home and after work I am hitting the gym (literally)....I have a standing *date* with the body-bag....my hands aren't used to punching, but at least I channel my rage in a safe manner.....and no one can indict me!
marbleflys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:58 PM   #78  

Hmmmmm.... Typical weigh-in Monday here, regular posters hiding beneath rocks... Except for slap-happy skinny Marble and infrequent flyer yours truly...

Tsk, tsk!!

carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 05:00 AM   #79  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello Ladies

Mscat, hope you're enjoying your holiday and managing to stick with your willingness to exercise (because we all know that we always want to do something - like exercise - while on holiday, but a lot of time it doesn't happen for whaterver reason.

Donna, the BMR test sounds great, I'd love to do something like that to really know what my BMR is! Hope you didn't starve before the appointment.

Carla, hope your wrist will be ok. Good luck for the checkup.

Marble, sound good: exercise AND getting emotions out!

Bonnie, waves to you too.

And no, I'm not hiding, just didn't get on the computer until now (the laptop has to come home from work before I can use it ). I still haven't decided on my challenges for this week, or on what the action plan should be for the next month. Weigh in today 62 kgs, which is 137.7 lbs, which isn't good, yet I'm not unhappy with it, as I was the same before leaving for New Zealand. So I didn't go up despite the ice cream, crackers and chocolate. Must get back to work though, I haven't lost in ages, and have a long way to go.

Take care everyone, I'll be in touch as often as possible.
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 08:07 AM   #80  
dgpebbles

Well they couldn't do the test..they said that since I have a trainer that only my trainer can do the test so now I'm waiting for him to call me to schedule a time...I will let you all know how it turns out...

yesterdays weight in was only down .8..I was at 171.8 and now I'm at 171...but look out 160's cause here I come...yesterday was an off day from exercise but I will be at it tonight...

carla-199 is not that bad..thats only up 1 lb and after all that chocolate and ham...your doing good...just get back on track and get away from the 200 mark
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2006, 07:56 AM   #81  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Still challenge-less, but I have an STI moment to report.
I've been meaning to get off my you-know-what and go running - and I've been meaning and meaning to for the past few days. I guess it was the health magazine that gave me the motivation tonight - there was an article about fitness and good eating... I got ready, opened the door and... it was pouring buckets. So I went back to reading the magazine but... didn't have another cookie from the pack on the table next to the paper. And 15 minutes later it had stopped raining, so I went for a run.
Well, that makes 3 STI moments, I guess...
Old 04-21-2006, 09:00 AM   #82  
dgpebbles

Sushi-great job getting that run in and getting off your you-know-what lol..also great job on saying no to the cookies..if your like me, sweets are my downfall.

I was tired last night and had to talk myself into working out also ...took about 2 hours to do so but then I finally went to the gym and did my elliptical and weights...I also had a great day of eating...
Old 04-21-2006, 09:13 AM   #83  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Well, that doesn't mean I didn't get any cookies later... like now...
But it actually required some work/effort to get up, go around the counter, dig in the cupboard and take out a cookie. Still counts as exercise!
Anyhow, what I'm getting at is that earlier, they were actually on the table, so it would have been very easy to just grab one as I was reading - but I didn't.
Old 04-24-2006, 06:32 AM   #84  

Default I'm Back!

just a quickie post to say "hi" and I missed all of you soooo much! I had no internet access while in Florida (darn expensive timeshares living in the stone ages!) but I was so elated to see that our little family kept the thread alive. I have been reading up on the posts and will report on my MIA week when I have time later. For now, I love you all

mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2006, 06:58 AM   #85  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Welcome back Mscat
Old 04-24-2006, 08:04 AM   #86  
dgpebbles

welcome back mscat...we missed you too...hope you had a great time...can't wait to hear all about it...

today is weigh-in day and I'm happy to say that I'm down 2.4lbs which puts me at 168.6.
Old 04-24-2006, 08:25 AM   #87  

Default Quickie Report

I have a frightening day ahead due to being off work for a whole week and missing my class and assignments for a week also. Bottom line is I may not get a chance to report in until late or tomorrow a.m. So here is a recap just in case:

Fri 4/14 - Billy Blanks workout before taking off trip
Sat 4/15 - Late night WATP after arrival in Florida
Sun 4/16 - Walked Universal Studios for 7 hours
Mon 4/17 - ditto!
Tue 4/18 - Tae Bo workout (down day from the parks)
Wed 4/19 - Walked Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and back to MK for 12 hours
Thur 4/20 Down day from parks - didn't move
Fri 4/21 - Walked Animal Kingdom and MGM for 12 hours
Saturday and Sunday - driving home, sitting on butt, bloating (from forgotten BP med), eating and evening the score for all the exercising I did

I was so proud of myself. Then I got on the scale and realized I ate myself into oblivion and I am up to a whopping 241 pounds! Just think where I would be if I hadn't exercised so much??? I stopped the insanity with being lazy on vacation but practiced insanity with the eating. Gonna have to give that some serious thought. HELP!

mscat
Old 04-24-2006, 07:02 PM   #88  

Default Hi Everyone!

I am sooo proud of all of you.

Bonnie - off program for over 2 weeks and only 1lb gained? What a woman
Donna - down 2.4 lbs.
Sushi - 3 STI moments in one day - and at 137 you are the skinny mini amongst us!
carla - you may be a BB buddy but at least you are still in onderland!
marbleflys - double workouts - what an inspiration and example

I was feeling pretty sorry for myself - I am looking at all your accomplishments and getting inspired. Gotta get off my BB and get back on the program!

mscat
Old 04-24-2006, 08:01 PM   #89  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Wow, Mscat, I'm so impressed with you doing all this exercise while on holiday! I was nowhere near as good in New Zealand! I second Bonnie's words, the extra pounds will go away. Maybe it was from salt, or the travel... don't give up!

Bonnie, I'm so sorry to hear about the doggie... I hope you did enjoy your vacation despite this happening just before.

Donna, wow, congratulations!

It's Tuesday here already, and I still don't have a challenge for this week specified! I must really get myself together with this. However, it's my thrid day on a VERY structured eating plan, which I want to stick with for 2 or 3 weeks. It's really awful, lots of foods I don't like and normally don't eat, no sweets/treats, snacks, and only a little bit of fruit which thankfully isn't prescribed (as in, apple ok, but not an orange). Lots of veggies and red meat though. Yea, red meat. Now can you understand the extent of my suffering?

Yesterday evening I was thinking that it's been difficult to get back into Yoga... didn't go last week, using Easter Monday as excuse and then didn't go to any of the other classes to make up (I usually go on Mondays, but there are classes on Tuesday and Thursday). I missed this Monday as well, today is a public holiday... so I think I'll make "Yoga class on Thursday" my goal for this week...
And the other one will be to go skating (Wednesday), but that only if someone fills up the car... ops: I can't do it because $90 is all the money I have, and whatever is left in the tank isn't enough for the 80 km return trip to skating...

I must seriously start looking for a job... I contacted the agency by email a week ago, and haven't heard back from them yet. So I guess I'll need to call them tomorrow, and also search elsewhere. And update my resume. I hate job hunting... wish me luck!
Old 04-24-2006, 08:05 PM   #90  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

ETA, I tought of another goal... nice and easy, but big enough: to play badminton with my boyfriend at least a couple of times this week! We've been taking the equipment with us for all the walks and hikes for months now, but never end up playing...