Old 03-30-2006, 08:57 AM   #46  
dgpebbles

Well I didn't make it to the gym on tuesday...I just had too much paperwork to get done but I did ride my stationary bike for 25 mins....Funny when I first started my new lifestyle I loved my bike and now that I'm going to the gym I really hated using it...I had to force myself to make to 25 mins...anyway I did make it yesterday and did 30 min on elliptical and 60 min weights and I will go again tonight...

Bonnie-Boy does a margarita sound good...I haven't had a drink since new years....I may have to break down and relax myself with a drink...sounds like you had fun though...How was the hockey game?

mscat- great job doing your WATP...I loved doing them workouts too but haven't since the gym either...I liked the walk/jog the best....I also have trouble getting in my water sometimes...I have to add the crystal light packs to my water or I'll never get in all down...the only time I can manage plain water is while I'm working out or doing yard work....
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 12:08 PM   #47  

Default Quickie!

Just checking in to say I did not get in my workout this a.m. Left my water bottle in the car

But I am on my way to lunch with our boss. I will be a good girl and have a great salad and bring my water in and get in 64 oz before 5:00! Then I am going to stretch for a STI moment and get in a tread or stair climber workout when I get home tonight. I am declaring this so I will be accountable to you ladies! I am standing in taking action and proclaiming it DONE!
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 10:11 PM   #48  

Just a quick hello since Bonnie's feeling so all alone. I'm still fat, still overeating, still feeling sorry for myself. But planning to get over myself soon...
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:45 AM   #49  
dgpebbles

I didn't get to workout today...we had a goodbye dinner tonight for my district leader...today was her last day...BUT she changed her mind today and now is not going to leave...we were all happy that she's staying now...

I am meeting with a trainer at the gym tomorrow to go over my goals and to have my body fat % measured and then I will put in a good workout to make up for today..

Carla- keep moving girl...and put down that food..it's evil

Bonnie- great job getting in your walks...and congrats on the 1lb down....every one counts...keep it up

mscat- how's that will power dust working..Did you get in your workout..
Old 04-02-2006, 01:30 PM   #50  
dgpebbles

Well I had my meeting with the trainer...it went good...my body fat is 39.5%....thats about where i thought it was....I went ahead and signed up for 5 training session for $99....one day a week for 5 weeks for 25 mins....I'll see how it goes....

Yesterday I did 60 mins on elliptical and 60 min weights..

Bonnie-great job on your exercise...it's really important to get in that exercise...helps keep you in shape and keeps you from giving up cause your making it a habit
Old 04-02-2006, 06:34 PM   #51  

Default Hi Ladies!

Don't know what happened - I posted Friday but somehow I didn't send it or it got lost! Didn't mean to desert my BB friends It's been rough this week.

No I didn't get my workout in on Thursday. No excuses but I thought I would be getting home by 9:30 that night and instead it was 12:00!

Still struggling but inspired by all your posts. I will check in later and catch up with you all. Working on wate right now and getting in a tread or stair workout before dinner. Tomorrow is weigh in day for us all!
Old 04-03-2006, 08:58 AM   #52  
dgpebbles

This week was a loss...I don't know what happened....I only missed my workout one day...I ate good all week and had a deficit of 6126 which should of been a loss of 1.75lbs but instead of losing I gained .4lb..so now I'm at 172.8....Guess I'll have to try harded this week...maybe I'm retaining fluid or maybe it's from muscle or maybe it the big bad word "plateau"...boy I hope not....

Anyway hope you ladies have a great weigh-in and and a great day.
Old 04-03-2006, 09:58 PM   #53  

Default Night!

Hey Ladies - I am keeping the thread going until Easter and then we will change. I am doing well this week so far. Got in a 30 minute walk with DH on Sunday and a 15 minute stairclimber this a.m. Had a salad for lunch and a great dinner. I am not weighing in until I feel the diference in inches.

Donna - for 6 days of exercise! Don't worry about a .4lb fluctuation. It could mean anything or nothing. You are doing fine and those results will show soon

Bonnie for 5 days of exercise! You rock!

carla - it's you and me together - BB sisters through and through I am working but not consistently enough to lose. "Butt" I am not giving up and my commitment is to be consistent all this week.

Have a great week everyone.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:33 PM   #54  

Deplorable, shocking weigh-in this morning. Almost a change to a higher century. Desperately hoping there was salt involved somewhere, but...

When it comes to Insanity, I have a lot to stop these days. Mscat, my BB pal, I wish I could at least find the motivation to stay at the same weight. Hard to believe that a month ago I was actually leaping out of bed at the crack to go to boot camp!

Donna, don't worry about the mini-plateau. It sounds like you're doing everything right, so the ticker will no doubt move twice as far next week.

Bonnie, where are you? Did you move back to onederland?

G'night all.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:17 AM   #55  
dgpebbles

Do you ladies think that maybe I'm not eating enough calories for the amount of exercise I'm doing...my average for last week was 1312 and I'm doing between 30-60 mins of cardio and about 1 hour of weights every day...

Last edited by dgpebbles; 04-04-2006 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:39 PM   #56  

Bonnie, if you get back on track, and I don't, there will be a magic moment when you slip under 200 and I climb back above - we'll have to set up a rendez-vous to wave as our paths cross. (Interesting that the little fellow rolling on the floor laughing is yellow - in French a "yellow laugh" is a sort of ironic, bitter laugh. Appropriate in this case, don't you think?) I don't know what it will take to get me off this carb binge, but it will happen.

Donna, your calorie count does seem a little low for all that exercise, but if you're not feeling hungry and you have enough energy to do your workouts, why change? At the same time, if you're not eating ANYTHING before you work out in the morning or whenever, you really should take something small in, maybe a half banana or some small carb morsel. And you need a bit of protein very soon after finishing your workout as well. According to some theories, you can have an extra (small) serving of protein and carb right after exercise and it "doesn't count". At the rate you're going that ticker will be moving any day now. And in the right direction, of course.
Old 04-05-2006, 11:54 PM   #57  

Default Quickie

I'ts sooo late! Sorry ladies - I have been out late 2 nights in a row. I did a 15 minute stairclimber on Tuesday and a 15 minute Tae Bo workout with Billy Blanks this a.m. So far I am 3 for 3 days of exercise.

Donna - I believe you are doing all the right things. However, your body may be getting acclimated. First check to see if you are getting in enough water and sleep. Both can have an effect on weight loss. Increase your water intake and see if that makes a difference. If not, try adding a few more calories in the a.m. as carla suggested.

carla

Bonnie to you too!

mscat
Old 04-06-2006, 12:13 PM   #58  
dgpebbles

Thank you ladies for all the advice and encouragement....I've had a high caolires day the last 2 days...tuesday I was just hungry all day 1812 calories and wednesday I did good untill I finally talked myself into going to the gym...I only did cardio 30 min and then went to taco bell and tried their new grilled chicken ceaser burrito....It was good....so yesterdays calories were 1675..Today I'm going to get back on track and I'm going to try to average my calories to around 1500 a day and see what happens...

mscat- I think sleep might also be part of it...I have been really tired these last few days....and tuesday I took 2 naps....Great job on getting in your exercise....How do you like the Billy workouts?...I bought his bootcamp workouts...I only tried it once but I was tired before the warm up was even over...
Bonnie & carla - you are both doing such a great job...keep it up and yes you both WILL see 190 by summer..

Thanks again for your help in keeping me motivated and getting me back on track....I love you ladies...Have a great day

PS-I meet with my trainer for the first time in less than a hour...I will fill you in on what happens..
Old 04-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #59  

Just a quick look-in here.

Donna, if you're feeling tired a lot you may in fact be a little low on calories. The cal counts you mention won't interfere with your weight loss, so don't stress. At your weight and activity level you should lose anyway.

Bonnie, I'm listening to you, and really don't want to go back up there. Today was feeling more positive, and if I can maintain that there's better days ahead.

Mscat, to you too, my BB buddy. Congrats on the three days in a row!
Old 04-06-2006, 07:04 PM   #60  
dgpebbles

Hello ladies...well I meet with my trainer today and all we did was take my body measurements, weight and go over my goals....then he had me do cardio for at least 45 mins but I did 60 mins on elliptical....he said next week we will start working with the weights, etc...after I left the gym I went to eat and had a grilled chicken salad and a side of broccoli...so today has been good and I'm back on track..

carla- great thinking..no you will not go back up there....glad to see your looking positive