Old 05-23-2006, 09:30 PM   #136  

Donna, even if you're not as low as you'd hoped, you seem to be on track - and you've come a very long way already! I bet you're looking pretty darn good.

Bonnie, your summer plans sound great. Maybe not a formula for weight-loss success, but then we only live once (at least as far as we know).

I had a little epiphany today: I was driving along having a Walter-Mittyesque daydream, and all of a sudden I realized that if I were trapped in my car after an accident, broken and bleeding, I'd be more likely to regret NOT trying the new Mayan Chocolate Haagen Dasz ice cream than NOT going for a bike ride... Fortunately there was none to be found, although being as I'm just a tiny bit obsessive I'm sure the desire will last long enough for me to find some somewhere. Now I realize that my perspective would change if they had to use the jaws of life to pry me out of the wreck ("Get the scissors, boys, wide load here - we'll never squeeze this one thru the side window...") So now you've had a scary little glimpse into Carla's twisted psyche. It ain't lookin' good for 189 by July 1...

Maybe tomorrow I can hop on my bike to go look for the elusive treat...

Mscat, please get well soon! I'm beginning to worry about you! The rest of the BB crew needs you in good health!

I'm watching a Canadian TV series - xweighted - that each week profiles someone's 6-month attempt to lose weight. This week's is scary. She's a 49-year-old smoker who spends most of her time hacking and wheezing and whining. Now I haven't smoked for 15 years or so, but I'm afraid I'm turning into that same whiny, lazy sloth. Yikes! But if any of you can get Canada's Life channel, I highly recommend the show. (Not even slightly glitzy, very realistic.)

Well, I've babbled on enough. You'll all be surprised that for once it's not wine talking - at least in that area I'm behaving tonight.

Take care all!
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2006, 01:04 PM   #137  

Default Hi Ladies!

It's been challenging these last couple of days to get my workouts in - my course is kicking my BB and I am not feeling 100% yet. I did get in a 15 minute tread workout yesterday a.m. Ate after 7 again I have an even this evening from 7 - 10 so I am definitely going to eat before it and NOT after. Starting on my first 16 of water today.

carla - that was a profound thought You probably dream in technicolor too! You are so funny

Donna - you are soooo close to the 150's. You and Sushi are the skinny mini's in the group. We are so proud of you.

Bonnie - I am jealous of your travel plans - just kidding You continue to live life to the fullest.

Sushi - how are you? Have a great day everyone mscat
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2006, 02:39 AM   #138  
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hey ladies

I lost my voice today... which is why I could leave work 2 hours early. I don't think I'm going in tomorrow, I just can't stand it anymore... hopefully I'll get a different assignment next week.

I'm doing quite good with water, and I'm very happy to report that "zit invasion" is over - for some reason, I suddenly had a million of them on my face last week... and when one disappeared, 3 more showed up. Disgusting... sory for the gross details... When I realized that I wasn't drinking enough water, I thought that might have contributed. And seems like that was the case, since they're all gone.

Good with food too - few snacks, and I haven't eaten after 7 pm all week, except Monday maybe (can't remember!). That's my new 21-day challenge.
I haven't been sleeping enough again, so must work on that more.

Okay, the library computer is about to kick me off, so talk to you later!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:00 PM   #139  

Default Friday check-in

Hi my lovelies! Yesterday was challenging and great all in the same breath. I had some major accomplishments and got in a 15 minute treadmill workout despite my tight schedule. My weight is stagnant and I am responsible for that - I haven't been consistent with my BP meds this week (excess water ), exercise, water or eating after 7 p.m.

I am taking time this weekend (Saturday) to create a possibility of "being" in order to Stop the Insanity of doing the same thing and getting the same results. I know that my current POA (Plan of Action) is consistent with being fit - not eating after 7, exercising a min. of 5 times a week, drinking enough water everyday (and getting enough sleep - I ain't been doing that at all). However, I also know that knowing how to lose weight (the Plan) and putting the plan in Action are 2 different things.

Knowing how to lose weight doesn't make a difference in losing weight. Being in action with your plan makes the difference. Based on the personal development and leadership coursework I am taking, I recognize that my state of "being" about my POA for losing weight is not fulfilling the gap between knowing and action. Who I have been for you on the thread is different than who I am really "being" at home when faced with the toughest challenge of being consistent with all parts of my plan every day. Who I am "being" about my plan in reality is "something I gotta do", "it's tough", "it's challenging", "someday it will pay off", "I'll keep trying but it doesn't seem to work." In laymen's terms, I have been "being" distracted, inconsistent, and resigned.

This weekend I will examine and recreate who I am being and modify my POA to be more specific in time and space (scheduling when, where and how much). I also want to change the thread on Monday keeping the title but modifying the parameters - a fresh start for me and hopefully for you too. I invite each of you examine who you are "being" about your plan, review your POA and let me know your ideas about reviving, infusing and catapulting the thread in a new way.

Sushi - on getting a new assignment! Water is challenging for me too. I am struggling with urgent bladder and if I am not careful with when I drink water I risk having an accident. I think I need to join a forum about that Anyway, hang in there - I am with you

Bonnie, carla and donna - have a great holiday weekend.

mscat
Old 05-28-2006, 10:33 PM   #140  

Default Nightey Night!

Hi Ladies. I am soooo exhausted after mowing the front lawn yesterday and cleaning gutters (up and down the ladder about 20 times), trimming trees over the roof, cleaning the patio. I was going to get on the treadmill but my knees and thighs are screaming I think I have had my workout today. I am climbing into bed and after a good nights' rest I am looking forward to tomorrow.

We had company over and our memorial dinner today. I ate well considering, drank lots of water, and had a small piece of pie for desert. And all before 8:00.

Bonnie - Sounds like a great plan to start on Tuesday with the new thread, weigh-ins and our new plans. We have HD tv too and it is great. Football takes on a whole new meaning for us. Have you checked out any PBS travelogs or nature shows on it? Just like being there.

Have a great holiday tomorrow ladies.

mscat
Old 05-28-2006, 10:36 PM   #141  
dgpebbles

Hello Ladies and thanks for all the encouragement..I need it right now...I'm still not doing to good with the exercise...I really need to get back on track...I made it through graduation friday night...I'm so proud of my daughter but now I feel old..lol

sushi-hope you are feeling better and your voice is back..sounds like your on track with your eating and 7pm challenge.

carla- love your dream so much that I lived it for you..I had graduation cake yesterday and ice cream today...yummy but I'll regret it later.
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2006, 05:19 PM   #142  

After several days of eating tons of fattening stand-ins for the elusive Mayan choc ice cream, I actually found it! It was okay, but NOT WORTH the calories. I sacrificed myself for all of you and ate the whole pint to make SURE it wasn't worth it. You're very welcome. It has cinammon in it. Weird.

That's all for now - I'm just briefly at home to feed the cats before returning to my out-of-town assignment until tomorrow night. Will weigh in on Wed...
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 12:44 AM   #143  

Default New Thread - New Start

DON'T POST HERE - GO TO STOP THE INSANITY WEEKLY CHALLENGE #11
MSCAT