3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

chit chat #169

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2006, 07:39 AM   #31
Find your path

Good morning ladies,

Cristi - I feel for ya having to wait for a repairman! Some companies won't even say morning or afternoon, which I hate. I've got to the point of saying here's my cell phone #, call when you're close to being ready, and I'll be there then. Did your realtor agree to going with the 2 hours on Sat? Hope so. That's long enough anyway, right?

Marti - did you find your food journal? I use school paper in a 3-ring binder, lol. And I've been writing down everything before I eat it, lol, which helps.

Susan - will Rachel be living with you again, or do you know that yet?

Ginny - I'll for sure be a part of the wedding. I'm very close to my son and I just love his financé. But if they marry early, it wouldn't be a big wedding, is what I meant. Her dad is gaining some weight back, and seems a little better, so they're holding off for now, and trying to stick with Plan A, lol. I, too, really enjoy the Everybody Loves Raymond reruns. I think I've seen all of them at least once. Marie cracks me up. Well, they all do. So you have a guest room? I will, too, before long, and can't wait! Some nights Neal really vibrates the walls with his snoring and I really don't like to wake him. DGDs are so fun - I have 5 of them, lol, and am hoping for a boy grandchild someday.

Angie - aww, Neal and I have "dates" too. We even dress similar. Now that he's retired, it's fun to just pick up and go do whatever we want. I saw an ad on TV last night for "24" - the video game, and thought of you.

Sue - how exciting about your house. Bet you won't have much trouble selling yours. Glad I don't have to go through that again, though. There are so many memories for Neal here! He was born here, as was his mom. All 3 of Mary's kids learned to walk here, and that's kind of special to her.

Mindee - YAY for the new stroller, and wow! you really got a good deal!

Today I'm going to wash up the new towels for the new house. Gonna cut the tags off first - don't like those, lol. But first I have to do the Wally World thing. We're almost out of fresh fruit and veggies again. Love those grape tomatoes!!

I'm OP and feeling great! The WW "free" soup is helping me stay not so hungry.

Have a good day, chickas.
Old 03-09-2006, 08:50 AM   #32
RosieKate

Yay! We have SNOW!

My kids will be so excited when they get up...now I am just waiting to see if the school announces a late opening. They better, the rascals!

Jane - are you back on WW? your post reminded me that I have a big bag of frozen "free" soup. I need to eat that up - it's so good. Our preschool decision for Leigh is about where she will go in the fall. She's very happy where she is and none of the changes I am concerned about are happening until the fall, so we are happy where we are for the rest of this school year.

Cristi - good luck with the home showing. When I was growing up we moved alot, and I remeber having to keep the house clean and ready to show. What a childhood memory! My kids are growing up withthe memory of every thing being unfinished, lol!

Marti - so glad you are getting to the gym. Your job has such a great deal and it's nice that you are getting a chance to to use it. I know I really like using our community center. It's a reasonable price and it's nice and close.

Mindee - you are going to love the double stroller - it will give you freedom you never thought you had, lol

Susan- mmmmpretzelsmmmm - did I mention I've been sugar free...been eating alot of pretzels and grapes to get throught the "detox"

Angie - WAAAA - I want a date with my DH! We were despairing of our lack of grown up time last night.....and are going to do something about that. We have some friends who owe us some babysitting so we are going to take them up on it.

Well, life for me just keeps getting busier. I realized, almost too late, that I need to take 3 more credits so that I can renew my teaching license. Need to do it before June. Fortunately I registered for a class I can do from home. Now I just have to find the time to do it! Meanwhile the preschool auction is high gear and I have an all day parenting conference to attend ( part of my preschool parent job). In two weeks, all that will be done and maybe I can cruise a bit on preschool stuff. I also have to get cracking on Vacation Bible School, since I am planning the craft activities. Also have to do some lesson plans for my Sunday School class....and, and and....yikes!

Ok - gotta go check out the school closure website. Keep your fingers crossed for a snow day!

Old 03-09-2006, 11:24 AM   #33
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

we are already loving the new stroller!

we *might* be moving the end of next month. (back down state, there is no work up here, so we have to go where the work is) we already found a place that has a two bedroom opening the end of next month, so please keep your fingers crossed that we get this one!

I told Tommy that I wanted to get one so that I could go for walks with the boys. (I had originally planned to use it during spring time while he was sleeping during the day, but since he isn't working, well, we can use it while we walk the mall)
Old 03-09-2006, 12:49 PM   #34
Today is a new day!

S/C/G: 220/188/160

Just a quick Hi from me for now.

DS just let me know there are supposed to be some bad storms moving through and if I was going to the store I better get ther before they hit. We finally got rain this morning! YAY!! Normally, I don't care for the rain...but it is soooooo dry here we NEED it! Had a fire yesterday, burned 10,000 acres! Geez, why won't people listen and not throw their cigarettes out the window?! That has always been a pet peeve with me. The cigarette is not so nasty that they can't stick it to their mouth and smoke it but they won't put it out in their ashtray in the car!!!! That is what they are for! UGH! Anyway, we've had too many fires lately and they think most of them have been caused by that.

Better get going. The rain is still coming down pretty good and I can't imagine it getting worse. I sure don't want to be out in it if it does.

Be back in a few to do individuals.
Old 03-09-2006, 01:02 PM   #35
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Good morning all,

Jane, what color towles did you buy? I am thinking I need to buy some towels, some of ours have been with us since before were were married.
Monte and I usually do have a date a week,,,and the last while Ive been at home,,with kids and such he said we can go grab a coffee... I look forward to our nights out.
Sue, how exciting, both you and Jane having new homes. And like Cristi oh joy of selling yoru existing home.

Katy, and you are loving ever moment of your hectic life! Tanner's school is doing a silent auction tonight. First time Ive not helped, Im not even going to it. AS for dates nights,,,it could also be date DAYS. If you can get your friends to watch the kids, the two of you could go relax have a coffee, we have gone to Chapters bought a coffee first and wandered around, talking of the books we have read and the books we want to read. Those are bad cause usually we end up buying books...lol

Well today I am going to go get my nails done, and then going to see my friends play. Looking forward to both.
Right now I am letting my fingers do the walking and calling for props...never have done that before.
Monte just called to say a horrible storm is on its way,,closed part of the highway.
Well going to start getting ready.

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED

FOR THEY ARE THE ONES

WHO LET IN THE LIGHT
Old 03-09-2006, 02:54 PM   #36
Nancy

Katy: Have you tried freezing your grapes for a fabulous sugar-free snack?? Also, if you have Trader Joe's (aren't they in Oregon??), they sell freeze-dried strawberries. The entire container is only 2 points, and they are so sweet and yummy! I'll munch on them when I'm watching tv. They're also really good in cereal.

Snow, eh? We're about to get some more rain...we need it badly down here. IT's been a super dry winter.
Old 03-09-2006, 03:01 PM   #37

Height: 5'1"

Yes.....snow..........in Oregon. I drove home from work while it was snowing. And then I wake up to see that it's still here!!

Didn't like driving in it in the dark. So it took me longer to get home. At least it's not tons of it. About an inch or so.

Ooh.....I'll BBL, someone is at the door!

"Nobody ever drowned in sweat"
-Steve Prefontaine

"You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
-David Viscott
Old 03-09-2006, 04:16 PM   #38
Ginny

ok ladies,
It's happened, and sooner than I had expected it to..I am hooked on you gals. I came home from work, sat down, turned on my computer, went on line and started doing payroll. 3fc came up, so I scrolled down to today's posting and I was lost, before I realized it I was engrossed in the daily happenings of your lives and my payroll just sat there. It was funny to get to the end and realize I was suppose to be working on the paychecks.. but that is ok. it just means I feel at home with you girls..

You are having snow in Oregon and we are having rain in Michigan. It rained pretty hard last night and again this morning. Most of our snow is going fast, and there is a lot of mud around. I guess we even had a small thunder storm last night, but I didn't hear it. Put hubby in the guest room last night so I wouldn't have to listen to his snoring, and guess I must have slept pretty good if I didnt' hear that.

What is this free soup you gals are talking about? Could or would you share the recipe? Dried strawberries sound good, I like them in various cereals, didn't know you could buy them by themselves. I have a super wally world here too, do they carry them? I'll have to check this weekend.

Well, better get moving, have to start supper, then plan on riding another 6 miles at least on my bike, shower and the day will be done.

Making dates with your hubbys is a good thing. My hubby and I used to always take at least a 3 day mini vacation after our busy season was over. It gave us a chance to catch up on *our time* cause with 5 boys and a business to run we hardly saw each other for months, except when we both fell exhausted into bed at night.. you have to keep the relationship going strong....

ok, well will check in again tomorrow. Have a good night all.

Ginny I love this little guy
Old 03-09-2006, 04:23 PM   #39
Today is a new day!

S/C/G: 220/188/160

Hello ladies....

Back again! Didn't rain hard like DS said it would. Of course he was just relating to me what he saw on the news. Well, they have been saying rain for a few days and nothing. Last nights newscast mentioned NO RAIN for today and what does it do? It pours. Anyway, glad we got some.

SUSAN...Gaby is so cute! Glad Rachel seems to be better. But teenagers are so much fun aren't they? Right! Almost like going through menopause! Pretzels sounded so good I bought some when I went to the store. Never used to but now, food brings me peace and comfort and some days it seems I can't get enough! Feel like a big oinker sometimes.

SUE...yay for the new house! And wishing you good luck with the sale of your home.

MARTI...hopefully you get the girls to go to the gym with you. It's always easier when you have a buddy. Yesterday I bought a new notebook to reorganize my WL journal/photo album/scrapbook...it was all three in one, lol. So getting everything in that and also have the WATP book to write in also. Making a point of writing in it every day and reading it-hoping that helps.

JANE...yeah, never understand companies and their time frame. Glad it was something simple. He said the screen (filter) needed to be washed with a fine brush with soapy water. Hmmm, why didn't I think of that? I just vacuum it all the time thinking it got everything. But he held it up to the light and said see that? That is fabric softener build up. Thought he was crazy, but okay. When I washed it with the soapy water and the brush (toothbrush) I could actually smell the fabric softener. Who would have thought? Not going to do a Saturday Open House after all. Apparently, it wasn't a for sure thing, just kind of thrown out there before talking to the realtor that does the open houses.

KATY...jeez lady, you tired me out just reading your post! I LOVE grapes but don't buy them often. Seems like when I do I don't ever get any! I would have to buy A LOT to have any around this house because everyone likes them! Hope the kids didn't have to go to school until later, or even at all. Some snow would be nice here!

MINDEE...glad you guys got a good deal on a different stroller! Moving again?! Like I have room to say anything! Hope you guys get the place and you have lots of help to help you guys move!

NANCY...I have a bag of frozen fruit that I snack on sometimes, great snack food.

GINNY...isn't it funny how that works...I'm glad you feel at home here. We are happy to have you join us. Well, maybe this time will be a girl! You made me laugh...my DH slept on the couch for a little while last night so I could get some sleep because his allergies were acting up and he couldn't breathe. Man, talk about a snore! To top it off he has sleep apnea so when he can't breathe it is horrible!

ANGIE...V and I have a date night. We've been doing that since a year after we married. Although...here lately the dates are far and few between. He has been working so much the last date we had was Valentine's Day! I used to take him lunch too just to spend time together-he's just like 10 minutes away. Really need to get back to doing that again. Hope you had a nice day of pampering and you enjoy the show.

Hope I didn't miss anyone, seems like I always do. Anyway, HI to everyone else!

I better get going. Trying to get my laundry done-seeing if the dryer works better since I WASHED the filter, lol. I can say, I have never washed a dryer filter so it never donned on me to do it now. We read the books and it never mentioned anything about washing it. Just to vacuum it once a month. Well, I was vacuuming it once a day sometimes. But I am glad it was something simple and I know the next time, DUH!

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day!
Old 03-09-2006, 05:13 PM   #40
a work in progress

Hi ladies...I'm still here, still reading, just hurts to type too much all at once. Maybe I just talk (type) too much?

Cristi, we are getting tons of rain, keep having flood warnings - there are three major rivers in our area. I'm ready for a break. Good luck on showing your house -- I know that's incredibly stressful.

Susan from one mom of an adolescent to another. My son, who is a darn smart kid, may not pass this year because he won't do any of his homework. Every weekend, it's a battle...and it wears me out. Don't know if it helps, but I gave my mom a lot of grief when I was growing up, and we like each other a lot now You can love someone but not like them very much, if YKWIM...and Mark Twain once said, "the older I get, the smarter my parents are..." so I always hold out hope that one day my kid will come around and realize I have a little bit of life experience and not all my advice is crap.

Katy, are you thinking of going back to teaching? What grade level are you planning the crafts for VBS -- or will it be all grades? Does your church use a preplanned program, or do you make up your own? Frozen bananas are good, too, but I'd have to resist the temptation to dip them in chocolate...mmmmmmm...

Jane, loved the pic of Mackenzie!!! We are going to DL 4/9-4/13, can hardly wait

Marti, we wanted to go to a Celtic Faire this weekend in Angels Camp, but it's supposed to be 29 with snow flurries on Saturday. For an outdoor fair? No thanks! Is the snow still on the ground there, or has it melted away?

Ginny, hi the WW "free" soup is basically just made with "free" veggies -- any of them that are listed as zero points (carrot, onion, cabbage, greenbeans, zucchini, celery, peppers, etc.) I usually throw in a can of V8 for flavor, and sometimes a cube or two of boullion, and some herbs. It's always different, depending on what veggies I have on hand, and what's in season, and it's good to make a big batch and keep it in the freezer. It's considered zero points, but if you ate a LOT, like a TON of it, you'd have to count a point or two, but it's totally worth it. Satisfying, gets those veggie and fiber servings in, takes the edge off your hunger before lunch or dinner.

Angie, going stir crazy yet? I was supposed to go back to work in two weeks on 3/23, but still having problems with my arm -- clumsy thumb, numbness and tingling in my fingers, arm hurts from the incision on the inside of my elbow down to my hand, and there is this annoying snapping or cracking sensation in my wrist, that sometimes really smarts and makes all my fingers go tingle like an electric shock I see the doc tomorrow, and we'll see what she says.

OK ladies, that's all I can type, hi to everyone else, and I'm still reading every day even if I can't write so much right now...

Hugs,
Mary Kate
Old 03-09-2006, 06:52 PM   #41
kitty Momo

I think I will go home. Just a hello ......

There was beautiful snow here over night. Gaby stood buck naked in front of the patio window thrilled with the white stuff before I could get her dressed this morning.

HORRID day and that is all on that. I am sure Rach will live with me Jane...... as well as Beck and the Gabster. I think finally the decision has been taken from us all in being able to decide what we want to do. Which isn't a bad thing really.Just feel sad for their father.

WhatEVER that means , huh?

Looking for day care close to where I work. There is a place that charges $24 a day and is 7 blocks from here. If I gave up my car and insurance I could afford it. Just take the bus and MAX. It would give Gaby and I mother/daughter time on mass transit......it almost sounds like a country song - lol

geeps....I am going.

Ho to all and chat tomrorow!

always splash in puddles,always go out in public with tangled hair, always eat chocolate for dinner,always lay on tummy to watch cartoons,always play before chores are done,and never wear a puffy coat again. ~Inspired by Gaby
Old 03-09-2006, 07:57 PM   #42
Find your path

Hiya chickas!

Katy - yep, I'm back on WW full time and I feel great about that. I should've known you wouldn't be moving Leigh at this stage of the game. Sounds like you've got a lot going on. Just don't forget about us, tee hee.

Cristi - are you talking about the lint trap thingy? I clean it off after every load, but don't know about any other filter. Enlighten me, ok? It has rained here for 2 days, and now that the rain finally stopped, the wind is blowing so hard that it's downright scary!

Angie - well, I bought "linen" towels for the master bath and "porcelain" blue for the guest bath. We're already using the ones for our bath, because Mary's kids needed my other ones for their bath. Nothing wrong with them, just wanted a different color. Yikes, I need to get my nails done, too. Did I tell you guys that I finally got them done professionally? About a month ago. And I felt totally spoiled, lol. Yay for you, calling for props. You're supposed to take it easy, sis.

Ginny - about the soup, like Mary Kate said, you can just use whichever "free" veggies you like best. I personally start with fat free chicken broth. (I buy the cheap stuff at Walmart, and chill it til the fat congeals, then toss the fat). Anyway, then I add a big can of diced tomatoes, a 1/2 bag of angel hair cabbage from the produce section, chopped carrots, green beans, onion, celery if I've got some fresh. I used to add Italian seasoning to the whole pot. Now I season my servings individually, using whichever spice sounds good at the time. No matter how much of this I eat, I don't count it. I didn't get fat on tomatoes and cabbage, lol. But Mary Kate is right, you're supposed to count your "free" foods after 3 a day. Btw, are you getting the rain and wind that I am down here in S. Indiana? Yikes!

Mary Kate - I'd like to see Disneyland someday, just to see it. We're going back to pick up Katie on May 10th. Her internship is over May 12, so we're going to play for a couple of days first. Good luck at the doc's tomorrow.

Susan - awww, I'm so glad you'll have all the girls with you. Will you still get support on the older 2? I bought Mary a plaque for her kitchen, and it says, "Insanity is inherited. You get it from your kids." LOL!!! So true! God knows that's how I got so wacky.

Hello to Marti, Nancy and Mindee, too.

I think I'm starting to get Makenzie's cold, but I still got the Wally World thing done today. Also went to a furniture store and bought Katie's queen size headboard, mattress and foundation, and mattresses and foundations for the twin beds in the guest room. Also a low-slung table to put my TV on. Although everything was already on sale, I asked for 5% off for paying cash, and got it! They lose 5% when someone uses a credit card, so I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask. Anyway, they're storing it until I call.

Have a good one, ladies!
Old 03-09-2006, 11:27 PM   #43
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Wow..we had some strong winds and fierce rains earlier. Hopefully it doesn't keep up for too long. As I said earlier we have to cut trees at our lot before the house can get started. I think I need to go buy rubber boots if I am going to be helping out there.
We went to a couple stores today and looked at all sorts of goodies for the house. Getting ideas on the flooring, lighting and everything else. I am getting excited about having a few of the newer things that we didn't put in when we built this house. Hardwood floors and ceramic tile are high on the list. I haven't even begun to pick out colors yet...and I think I will go look at bedding and bath towels before I pick out the wall colors. Just need to see what is new and improved. haha
Had to go for a blood test so I could get a new prescription. Ouch! At least it all came back very good. My experience with Drs. lately has been that when I go for one thing they find two other maladies. Thank goodness that didn't happen today.
Now for the bad news and the good. When we got home from LV I hated to weigh, and when I did I was up a few pounds. BUT after just over a week of portion control and no snacks I lost 3 pounds already. I haven't even gotten back to my walking yet, so hopefully when I do I can lose even more. Hate being ABOVE my reported weight. Geesh!

Jane- Hope you don't get Makenzie's cold. And by the way, she is so cute in that picture. Do you get to buy much new furniture for the new house? We had said we were buying new great room furniture, but since the house was more than we thought it would be we will use the old stuff for awhile. It really isn't that old and should look okay. If I sell my dining room and bedroom "good" furniture I will use that cash to buy new.

Susan- Beautiful snow is an oxymoron as far as I am concerned. I do not like snow at all. Well, I can't say that, I have 2 oil paintings of snow scenes and love them. But, I don't have to shovel that or go out in the cold of it. Good luck finding a day care...I am sure everything will work out for the best.

Mary Kate- I hope your arm starts feeling better soon. Good luck at the Dr. I forget where you are located, but my DD is in Santa Rosa and I guess Sonoma county has been getting a good share of rain.

Nancy- On the other end of the state, my DS lives down your way and he also says how dry it is. I thought I would like dried strawberries, but I tried the Special K with them in it and didn't care for them. They seemed rather slick in your mouth. (sound appetizing, huh?)

Cristi- I am not looking forward to having to keep the house clean for showings. I am normally a neat person, but then I worry about just where they will look and see that one place I forgot to clean...ick. At least I don't have a dog, just a DH, to get out of the house.

Katy- You sure sound busy. I always heard if you want something done, give it to a busy person. So does everyone give it to you? My DD and DGD did the crafts for VBS last year. They had such a good time. Then DGD ended up helping with the music and snacks too. She was 14 and loved it all. My DD is always busy too....4 teens, 5 dogs, 2 ferrets, and her own business. She works out, is a deaconess at church, and helps care for her elderly grandparents. I am amazed and awed by her.

Ginny- Hello, and glad to meet you. Welcome to JL's. You sound like me...putting the DH in the guest room because of his snoring. Actually, we both snore and it is a race to see who gets to sleep first. haha He is already planning "his" bedroom in the new house.

Marti and Angie- HI to you both. Hope you have good evenings. Ang, enjoy the play. Marti, be careful on the snow.

Speaking of "date" nights with the hubby. We have so much togetherness since we are retired, and we go out to eat or to a movie when we feel like it. My idea of a date these days is to have some time away from him...for the sanity of both of us. I am sure he agrees...that is why his workshop is so important..to both of us.

======================
Sue..........

Old 03-10-2006, 03:05 AM   #44
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Hello all,
Jane,
I hope your not getting Makenzies cold,,,can you take a remedy that will push it back? Did I ever tell you our subdivision is called McKenzie Towne?
I think once we have everything done over here I am going to insist on new towels.

Sue, DH snores when hes exhausted which is all the time,,,I usually just push him to roll over and all is quiet...lol Do you have a color scheme for the new place?

Katie, ouch,,,you poor thing. I had a couple of bad days but am feeling pretty good. Did my nails,,,went to the post office, library and then the play. Topped it off with a visit to the school to pick up Tanner whom had gotten a ride home with someone else and didn't bother to call me..grrr But got to talk to his teacher about the play. We plan to meet sometime this weekend about things.

Ginny,,,ya know your hooked when you come here to vent and hang out. I swear these ladies know me better then my own family.

Susan,,,your a good mom. The girls are just doing what normal kids do. Ya that means drive their parents nuts! (can you say this to me next time I come in here venting about my boys?)

Do you guys have Jyske? OMG I can not let Monte see the flyer again,,,hes has half a page circled.
We can prime and paint this weekend. I want to repaint Brandon's room,,,idea came to me while I was all drugged out,,,but i remember it and think it will be great.
Going to install parkay flooring in his room. And a choc colored carpet in the family room. Once that is done I can push for repainting the bathrooms,,,don't like how they all turned out last year...or was it 2 years ago? Anyways want to do alot of painting.
Something for you people moving into new homes...once in you may want to do another coat of paint in the high traffic areas before adding your furniture.

well Im off to bed...night all

BLESSED ARE THE CRACKED

FOR THEY ARE THE ONES

WHO LET IN THE LIGHT
Old 03-10-2006, 12:55 PM   #45
kitty Momo

*cough Good *cough Morning

I am starting to get sick......maybe it is the thought of Rach smoking ?? She says she does and she smells like she does......sounds like a duck.

I was soooooo late this morning.
Beck and I saw her (Rach aka rebel) walking to school. I stopped and waited for her to come down the road to take her up the hill to school. Beck said........."don't wait." turd.....

I waited though and said when she got in the car I asked "were you smoking??" she denied she had been smoking. There was "frost" coming from her mouth...........course it is cold out....... brrrrrrrr

I never have gottten support for the girls Jane (though Doug provided food, so I never had to buy that). I assume I will next month. It should be 650/700 a month. I might get something for Gab too because there was a with holding from her fathers employer (yes! He is working again! Bless his lil heart).
Anyway - day care is 550 to 700. I was paying Doug 300.......I have to cut somewhere. I thought of giving up the car/ insurance which is almost 300 a month.

blah - blah......going to enjoy the weekend.

better get anal co worker has been gone all week and it has been busy busy........ugh, having to work......ugh,,,,,,better go......ugh.....lol

Adios!!

always splash in puddles,always go out in public with tangled hair, always eat chocolate for dinner,always lay on tummy to watch cartoons,always play before chores are done,and never wear a puffy coat again. ~Inspired by Gaby

Last edited by Mom2Gaby : 03-10-2006 at 01:12 PM.
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.