chit chat #169

You're on Page 2 of 4
Go to
  • Welcome Ginny! I'm glad you are here - the more the merrier! The bike sounds like a good form of exercise....I have a stepper that I use if I can't get out of the house.

Cristi - go to tops.org - I belonged to a TOPS group for several years and was a board member twice. They can vary widely from group to group and some indeed are more social and less about weight loss. I belonged to two different groups that were very focused and they helped me alot. TOPS is way cheaper than other programs and they are a non-profit, so they aren't constantly trying to sell you something. They can be a bit too competitive -and that was one of the things I didn't like. The biggest thing that helped me was showing up every week for a weigh in and having to say "up x" or "down x" or "turtle" - VERY motivating! TOPS has a policy of letting vistiors visit any group once without joining - so if there are a few different groups in your area you can check them all out and see if one suits you best.

Susan
    - hope the meeting with Rach goes well. Did you make it to Dove's open house? I did put Leigh on Small Friend's wait list, but really don't want to make a decision about changing schools until I have a chance to get this one out of my system for a bit. It's alot of work and if I bail now I think it would be because I am tired. I want the decision to be about what's best for Leigh.

Angie - hope Brandon's foot issue gets resolved soon - is this related to his surgery? Does that mean it didn't work? Poor guy. I really hope he feels better soon. Hope you do too!

Jane
    - glad Mackenzie is feeling better. I did remember a hotel and I posted about it on the get-together thread. We do have a nice zoo, but I go there all the time as we have a membership and my daughter loves animals. I could stand to go somewhere else for a change I really am up for whatever anyone else wants to do ( zoo included)- I'm just excited that I am going to get to meet some of y'all!

Marti - sorry about the sis....hope you are feeling better about it. When my SIL comes into town we go thru similar things. Never really get to see much of her because she wants to do a lot of things in a very short period of time.

As mentioned, I checked out a few preschools -we are thinking about making a change, but need to be in a more clear-headed spot, I guess. Our current school is in high gear getting ready for the big auction fundraiser. This weekend I am putting in all Saturday working at a parenting conference, which is part of the job I have to do for this school. I know if I were handed a spot in a school that was not a parent-run school right now I would probably jump at it just because I am fried. I do really want Leigh to have a good year.... and I know it will all work out.

Hope you are all having a good day!
  • BACK Ginny!!!! I remember you and am glad to see you again.
  • Hi all...just got back from a 2-day seminar in LA. Stayed at a hotel...managed food pretty well, but actually got up early both mornings and went down to the exercise room. I even worked out, both mornings! Yay. I am feeling very motivated...I want my 10%! Hope all have a good week.
  • Cristi~ We have a Toys 'R' us about an hour south of us. I am hoping to get Tommy motivated to go shopping for a new stroller on Wednesday. (he said that we would go on Tuesday, but that didn't happen)

nothing really new on this end....just same stuff different day. time to head to bed though.
  • Oh Cristi,,,I remember once we had a horrible wind storm,,,things were flying all over the place...it was early moring and I was woken with what sounded like someone in the house...Monte was living here and we were still in Sylvan,,,there I am no glasses (blind) and armed with a hair brush! I called Monte bawling so scared. I laugh now but at that time I was totally freaked.

Katy I hope you a good preschool for Leigh, I know how important it is. Brandon had an awesome preschool, but they changed districts by the time Tanner went and had a less then good. I was so stressed,,,Tanner would cry the whole time. I am just glad that is over.

Ginny, my son Brandon is actually now considered an adult,,,18 yrs old. He had surgery winter of 2004, a bone taken from his hip and pinned into his foot. From what they say, he grew too fast too much (went from a size 9 to 13 in a year) WE thought the surgery was a success, but now Im thinking it could of been the cortisone talking...or it has worked but he only had one foot done, and with it hurting so much he is compicating and using his surgery foot causeing it to be over worked.
    He was given not 1 but two types of pain relievers T3s and another that is also an antiflamitory...
    I on the other hand had surgery almost 2 weeks ago, hystercetomy. I over did it yesterday with some chores and was in alot of pain,,,today we sat at the Dr. office for 3 hours. Then went to the pharmacy...I was in pain,,,ame home took some motrin and crashed. Will take them dream inducing pain releivers...lol
    Nancy that is fantastic that you are so motivated...keep it up!

Susan,,, oh joy being mother of three girls.... Its ok I know you didn't mean to call us a ho...or where you speaking in pirate? lol

Do you guys get the tv show Sons and Daughters? Its so sick its hilarious,,,a bit like My name is Earl...
    Well I don't know how it came about but Tanner just imformed me that Ive been watching season 1 of Smallvillenot season 2,,,(will it ever end?) now Im just watching cause I feel this need to finish what I started even if it kills me...lol

well off to bed I go,,,night all
  • Good morning, ladies,

Cristi - so sorry about the viewing cancellation! I remember when we sold out house in town, I had to take my dogs and leave, too. It was stressful to try and keep the house spotless. Hopefully your house will sell soon. Btw, I think you should FOR SURE reward yourself now for what you've accomplished!

Nancy - way to go, exercising while out of town. I hope you make your 10% soon.

Angie - glad Tanner got the meds, but is he scheduled for surgery on the other foot soon? We watched Sons and Daughters last night, and it was a hoot! Very "out-there", lol. I think some of it is ad-libbed, right? Please take it easy today, ok?

Mindee - hope you get a new stroller soon! How's the Self challenge going?

Katy - ah, it's hard to know what to do, huh? How many weeks are left in this semester? Maybe you could make it through, then start her in a new place next fall. Just a thought.

Ginny - my son is getting married in July, if not before. His fiancé's father has terminal cancer, so they're thinking of moving the date up. Actually, I thought they'd already been married by now, but who knows what kids will do? I told them to just let me know when, where, and what I should wear, lol.

Susan - my girls were 6 years apart and once I made it through with Mary, then Katie was facing the same problems. At least you'll be prepared for Gaby's adventures.

Katiecat and Luckycharm- come out, come out, wherever you are!!

Well, our house will be ready before long, and I'm excited about that. I don't like to think about moving everything, but at least there's no pressure to hurry. We got bids to demolish this house. Both companies said $2500. to tear it down, move the rubble to a spot in the fields and burn it. Or $7000. to tear it down and haul it off. Yikes! Something tells me we'll be going with the move-and-burn option.

Hope everyone has a good day.
  • Wanted to share this photo of DGD Makenzie J..... she got her face painted at Downtown Disney, lol.

• Good morning all,
    Angie thank you for the headsup, now I know what you are talking about. Sorry to hear about your son Brandon's foot. I have no arches and my feet hurt a lot, so I can imagine how painful his feet must be. And when your feet hurt it makes you all out of sorts.. good luck to him.. will they do surgery on the other one now?

You are really doing well being up and around so quickly after a hysterectomy. I had mine in 1999, I was in the hospital for 5 days then after I was home for about a week, my whole stomache turned black and blue and I had a temp of 102, comes to find out, she didn't catch a bleeder and I had been bleeding inside for a bit and got an infection. So at 2 weeks after surgery I was still tied to the bed, and the pain was terrible. Then they gave me pain pills that made me sick... oooh misery... but I made it. Tough old bird as my hubby says. Anyway, don't over do....you need this time to recoup and you don't want to end up back in the hospital or tied to your bed.

Mindee, your son Brandon was born on the very same day as my granddaughter Jasmine. Isn't that funny.

Well, doing some paper work here so best get back at it. Just wanted to say good morning to you all. It will take me a bit to get into the swing of things.

Jane, glad you remember me. It is sort of like coming home again, to talk to a bunch of women who know what I am and where I am in life.

Ginny
  • Hi Ladies...

Ugh, what a day! I am so tired...couldn't go to sleep last night. Finally dozed off at about 2:30 and woke up every hour on the hour after that. When I finally went to sleep it was time to get up! So now I am draggin' and in a crappy mood. Did manage to get to Wal-Mart and do the grocery shopping, ugh! Was not in the mood for that at all and the parking lot is still a mess and blocked off. Then had to sit here and wait for the guy to come and take a look at the dryer. Why can't they give you a time instead of saying we can be there between 1 and 5? Anyone, he left a few minutes ago and seemed so bothered when I answered the door. Maybe he had a sleepless night too, lol! Anyway...

HI and Ginny! Sorry, don't remember you but glad to have ya back!

JANE...yeah, I definitely would go with the demolish and burn. What a difference in the price, eh? We are goin got have an Open House this weekend. The realtor wanted to do Saturday and Sunday which would have been fine but he said on Sat. they like to do 12-4. I can't do that...I have no where to go for four hours with a dog that does not like anyone other than us. So, he's going to see about doing it for 2 hours on Sat. Sunday they always do 2-4 and that is no problemo. I can go the the park where I walked last year. Takes an hour to get there and back and would be nothing to spend an hour there walking. The picture of Makenzie is adorable. Bet she had a fantastic time at DW.

ANGIE...bet that was a funny look for you though...armed with a brush! I've had some instances like that. DH#1 worked a LOT and I was so jumpy when I was pregnant for some reason. Had the living daylights scared out of me a few times. But...I always had to confront whatever it was and see what the noise was. Glad I never called the police because it always turned out to be nothing. It was when we bought our first house and I wasn't used to all the noises it made. The water heater was in the kitchen close to the living room. At least I hope it was! Found out later we had a prowler in the neighborhood a couple of times. I wanted to watch Sons & Daughters because it looks so funny but it was on the same time as Scrubs and I have come to love that show.

SUSAN...eventually Rachel will be through with her phase. I always look at it like that. I think every kid has a phase they go through. Although, it drives us moms crazy at the time. Hope she doesn't get any worse. Although, having a stuffy nose is bad enough. I can't stand it when I can't breath. Hope the meeting yesterday went well. I think I am having a Rebecca day today! And lil Miss Gaby...I love them when they are that age. Some little ones try to be so grown up and it's so cute! Can't wait to see her in person.

KATY... for the link to TOPS! Already went there and found out the time for the meeting in our area. They do it on Tuesday so I missed that yesterday but will go check it out next Tuesday.

Hi to everyone else

Anyway, probably should get off this thing. Been on here since 1 but had to take a break and let the dog out twice and then the dryer man came and then I had two phone calls, jeez...what a day. I am definitely ready for a nap! Take care ladies and have a good day.
  • Hello everyone!

I'll do individuals next time since I've fallen behind! Hope all is well you and your families.

Today I'm going to talk some girls into dragging their butts into the gym. I'm going alone if they don't want to come.

I want to get myself into better shape before the summer hits. I will be doing lots of walking in San Fran, and I want to be able to do it w/out running out of breath after walking one block! I'm so looking forward to the trip!!

So my goal is to really concentrate on my exercising and eating habits. I've strayed too long and it's really time to do something about it.

I'm an emotional eater. And it goes both ways. I either eat and eat and eat. Or I just don't eat at all. Both are bad. So I'm going to try and fix that.

I had started a food journal and then put that aside.......now to bring it back (if I can find it!) and really get serious.

So that is my goal. Get stronger both physically and emotionally and to eat much better.

Hugs to you all!
  • Afternoon -

I am headed home , just wanted to check in and say hello.

Hello

Welcome back Ginny

I am glad you are posting Marti. Sounds like you were having a few tough days (assuming this) I hope you are feeling better now. It is very true in what you write (as I sit here eating a bag of honey sesame pretzels - yum-) eating brings me a lot of peace.......comfort and ......pounds - lol

dang

On going saga with Rach and I am at my wits end. She did come by with her father today.She stayed home and went to the doctors.....she was sweet and acted back to normal. Bracing myself for her next angry telephone call. She only has til Sunday before she HAS to come home or HAS to find another place to live.

That is all. Gaby is the sun shine of my life. Cute sayings.......when she is in the tub and I tell her it is time to get out she says "2 more minutes" and after another 5 minutes I say "it is time to get out of the tub she says "2 more minutes"......
    another cute Gabism is she says "thanks mom, you're the best".....lol

awwww, k........feeling sooooo full on pretzels.....adios!
  • Jane,
    McKenzie is sure a cutie. Wow you are getting a new home, how exciting. That is my dream to get a new house. We bought a fixer upper back in 1974 and have been fixing it up ever since. Some rooms we have done several times. I am still dreaming of a new house. I can't imagine having this one taken down and hauled off to be burned though. That would be tough. My life has been in this house. But I guess you have to say goodbye to the past and move on.. so good for you.. also sorry to hear about your son's future father in law. That is really sad. Aren't you a part of the wedding? My future daughter in law and I are always discussing the plans etc., it's a real family gathering. We were an active part in our other two sons' weddings too.

Well, I am about to call it a day and go upstairs and veg out with Ray Barone. I get such a kick out of the Everybody loves Raymond show. I had today off so I finished a fleece blanket I was making for my new grandchild who should be making an appearance in about 2-3 weeks. This is the first one that we don't know what it will be, so we are all excited to find out..They already have 2 sons, so I'm hoping for a girl...then I will have 3 of each for grandchildren.

Ok, well I am trying to get each of you placed in my mind's eye so I can relate to you as you post. It will take time, so be patient with me if I use the wrong name once in a while.

Good night all, hope we all get a good night's sleep. I've had to go to the guestroom several nights this week already. Hubby has a cold and has been snoring up a storm.

Ginny
  • Susan, I love those days...I miss that the most, Brandon was the one to do the most talking...chatter box from the get go. Where as Tanner didn't talk till he was 3. We have Brandon on tape and I just get so sentimental watching it.

Jane, Makenzie is just down right adorable! I am very envious for Mary...
    Well how much longer before you move? Id say do the move and burn,,,that is just rediculous in price difference.

Marti,,,good for you,,,working out will make you feel so much better.

Cristi, same here,,,we did an open house and it almost killed us cause like Earnie Skittles is not a good people dog,,,hates everyone but us. And I spent 4 hours trying to keep her occupied.
    As for cancellations,,,well it has happened a couple of times. Just annoying.

Ginny, it would be exciting to get a lil girl...do you know if this is their last baby?
    As for the surgery,,,I was so mentally ready that felt confident throughout. Was only in the hospital for 2 days. Ive had a couple of days of over doing it...but spent today relaxing,,,finished my Smallville season 1...onto season 2.

Monte took me for a drive,,,went and sat and had a coffee,,,like a date. It was great, just the two of us.
    Brandon felt so much better today. He has taken his pills on schedule and acted human today. Even gave Miss Skittles a bath, which was hilarous watching. Big 6'2 grown man wrestling with a 12 lb dog...It was worth the pain of laughing that hard. he came out just as wet as her...lol
    One of my friend's play is on stage tomorrow for a one act theatre compitetion. Im so excited for him, and helped with his props so I have been invited to watch which Im so looking forward to.
    anyways want to go watch AI
    later
  • Well. it is done! We signed to have our house built. Now the rain has to stop so we can remove some trees in the next two weeks. Once they start it will take 5 months or less. Then I will be in the same place as Cristi, trying to sell our present house. We've been here since 1978, so there will be some memories left behind for sure.

See you all tomorrow......
  • Well, we got the double stroller part taken care of. We went to Target to get the one that was on sale. The Graco duo glider tandem stroller, was sold out and I grabbed a thing for a rain check. I walked a little further over, and saw the Eddie Baur tandem stroller. Then even more to my surprise I looked at the price tag, and it said that because the Graco stroller was sold out, that we could substitute the Eddie Baur one for 8 more dollars. We agreed on it and bought it. Tommy ended up putting the stroller together, and I can’t tell you how many laps he did with both boys in the stroller. Brandon loves it!

Tommy changed Logan earlier tonight, and put some Oragel on his gums. He then said "I feel some bumps." I said "where? on top or on bottom?" He said "both, I think. I just felt the top, not sure about the bottom."