Old 03-05-2006, 07:02 PM   #31  
Lois

Default Hi Ladies...

garnetfairy, great job on passing up on the fast food... and on the workouts too. Way to stay focused girl!

Countess, congrats on the loss and enjoy it. WTG with your will power too!

Robsia, that's the attitude... look how great you are doing. I bet you'll be shopping for some smaller jeans soon

Tricia, whoo hooo on the loss! ...you're doign great! ...keep it up girl!

I've had a pretty lazy day... the weather has been dreary and more snow is on it's way for us too! c'mon spring!

I woke up this morning knowing I had too much sodium yesterday because my ankles were swollen. water retention I really did not want to step on the scale but it's my official day... with the fluctuations and AF's visit, I've had only a 1 lb. loss this week... talk about slowing down! ...it was not a gain, so as with any loss, I'll take it! I know I did really good with my exercise last week and I kept my calories below my limit... so it's gotta be the water retention and muscle, right? ...yeah, that's it! hahaha! I'm looking forward to a better week, and I'm putting this one behind me!

Hope everyone has had a good day... I'll check back later.

ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 09:56 PM   #32  
determined to lose

Thanks Countess, looks like you are just a smidge ahead of me, right now.

Lois - you KNOW it is water retention when your ankles are swollen. Take that loss and keep on track because next weigh in should be a really good one! Just watch that sodium!!

Well, you can tell my butt has been glued to the PC all day. Nothing better to do. I guess I should have done another exercise video but I did not feel like it. I've just been hanging out on here and lounging around with the cats all day except for one WATP mile this afternoon. Ate on program today !! hurray, keep it up, pay attention to this Janet!

My dad gave me the "you would lose weight if you would stop cheating" speach..."it takes willpower"..."look at how well your mother is doing"...all made me feel just grand. Especially after it was his idea to go to Joe's crab shack Friday. I know, I should have just had the shrimp I did not have to eat the cheesecake....but, I am obviously evil to the core with no willpower and am a known cheat! I should not be suffered to live. For goodness sake.
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:09 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 240/219/135

Unhappy Hey!

Hey Ladies! I was just checking in! It has been so nice today! We had BBQ for supper ohhhh Yummy! But I was good I only had one hamburger and a few baked French Fries!

Lois- Sorry to hear about your ankles! WTG on the weight loss!

Congrats to everyones NSV and SV!( Just in case I forget someboby, We have soo many newbies)

pattybgud- You are doing so good ! My brother lives less than 5 miles from me and we hardly even speak.

Countess- How do you stay so positive? I love Dogs or should I say our 4 legged childern!!

Rosbia- Great on the 16's!

Garnet-

Tina- Glad You made It back safely! Don't worry about that little slip, You probably burn that much chasing after kiddos at the party, especially If they had cake !

Meowee- to you too! Sorry about the weather! Come to MS, It was down right toasty here today! But I was so tired I didn't even get to enjoy it!!!

Quirky1- I have a love/hate relationship with Captian Crunch!!!!

Java Turtle- We may not see you; but we know you are there! LOL Looking forward to getting to know you!!!! Any excitement at work tonight?

Looks like I am stuck! I know that this too will pass, but dang it is hard to be good and not lose anything! I have been going a little easy on the strength training. Because It hurts my back everytime I do it and I am still so tired! I thought this exercise thing was suppose to get easier!

OK well to everyone! Later Gator's
mama4dmkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 05:45 AM   #34  

omg i am ashamed to tell u todays weigh in , i know iv been bad this weekend, after my binge the other day on pasta and chocolate i ended up eating badly all weekend and not exercising but i wos not expecting this....
5lbs..gain
AndrewsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #35  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Just a quick Hello. I'm definitely not feeling too well today. Hope I'm not coming down with something really nasty. Only time will tell, I guess.

You hang in there, gang and I'll see you tomorrow -- hopefully feeling a lot better.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:39 AM   #36  

Thumbs up AndrewsMum

mum-Sorry I forgot you last night! You haven't posted since we moved and I just went down the list! That 5 lbs will be nothing for you to get off again!!! It might just be water retention! You will do better, I know you will!!!!! Talk to you later!!! Paula
Old 03-06-2006, 11:04 AM   #37  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Default It's Monday again.... Yayy!

Good morning! Well, I've gone up 0.5lbs. I am so thankful after the weekend I've had. Hopefully this week will become like last week, after an influx of calories and then maintaining them seemed to drop the pounds really easy. Let's keep our fingers crossed! I have a one year walk through today for my house, and I'm the type of person who wants everything in place when I know someone is coming (especially if they're going to inspect it!). Can hardly believe I've been living here for a year already! Hopefully a year of weight loss will go just as fast. It actually is when you think it's already March 6th!

Lois, I know what you mean about keeping up! Slacking here is not an option! LOL I'm sorry you did't get results that you wanting outta last week. But hey, it's so better than a gain. Great attitude for this week!

Garnet, you are doing great with the personals! Way to go with staying OP this past weekend! Wonderful job at the gym, I wish I had your stamina to stay at a gym like that. The only gym like atmosphere I've ever went to was Curves, and I was glad that was only 30mins. LOL

countess, congrats on the pound!! WooHOO that's great! Can I come to the park too!? That sounds so wonderful and makes me so envious!!

Robsia, girl...I don't even know what to say but you're doin "marvelous darling"! Congrats on the loss!

Pattybgud, congrats on your weight loss! I feel your happiness! Hope you had a good visit with your brother. Mine is a 10hr. (I don't know the distance! LOL) drive from here. I do enjoy visiting when he comes or I go there.

Paula, hang in there! Like you said, this to shall pass!

Mum, I don't want you to get down about this, but get mad! Just like the last time, you worked your a$$ off to lose 7lbs. and your not about to let a man make you put 5 back on. I'm sure it will slide right off you again. Get up and get moving like your taking revenge on whatever he did to make you lose your grip! I know you can do it!! we're in your corner!

Linda, here's to a speedy sickness! Everyone always asks for a speedy recovery, but let the sick be speedy instead!

Hi to everyone else, if I missed, I've only went back to the last time I posted. If I didn't mention you, sorry! But I'm proud of you if you lost and I'm here for you if you maintained or gained. I really got to get my rear in gear! Gotta do my walking and start cleaning. Have a wonderful, fat burning day girls!

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:39 AM   #38  
Slow and Steady

Hi everybody.
Thank you so much for the warm welcome.

Well, I've been "closet shopping" and yikes. Have sizes really changed that much over the last 10 years? I have a pair of size 22 jeans that I bought maybe 7 years ago that are way too small. (They're totally out of style and I'll probably never wear them, but I want to be able to put them on!) But, I just bought a pair of size 22 black pants and they are almost too loose on me now. What is up with that???

I remember wearing a size 13 in High school (way back in the early 80's)and weighing 145 lbs (And I felt like a fat cow. Boy would I love to be *that* fat again.) Now I see some ladies posting that they are wearing size sixes or eights at that same weight. I assume that clothing sizes have changed a whole lot (or maybe my butt is much bigger than everyone elses, lol! )

Well ladies, thanks so much for your inspiration. I really enjoy reading this thread each day.

Have a great day!
Quirky1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 12:20 PM   #39  
I'm In Exile

S/C/G: HUGE/HUGE/Semi-Normal

Happy Monday everyone! I'm finished with Phase 1 of South Beach and ready to start Phase 2, wooooohooooooo!!! I'm down 25 pounds so far. I KNOW its going to slow down and I'm going to force myself to only weight once a week so I don't get discouraged by scale bounces and the scale not moving.

Mama4dmkd - you asked how I stay so positive? I have a wonderful loving supportive hubby who kicks me in the butt when I get grumpy and feel down about silly things. Our situation could be much better but it could also be MUCH worse. If I sat and dwelled on the negative, I'd be one of those miserable people I hate to be around and I don't ever want to be one of those!! :hugs:
Countess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:03 PM   #40  

Questions for the group -

Do you all have a 'harder' time of day than others?? I do great all morning, have a good lunch, and then about 2-4 pm every afternoon, I struggle! The little inside of me is saying.. "I know I saw some cookies in the kitchen cupboard".

Any suggestions/hints you have to get through this would be greatly appreciated.
pattybgud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:48 PM   #41  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

Buy healthier snacks that you ARE allowed, such as grapes, low fat yoghurts, sugar free jellies etc. Snack on those during your danger periods.

Is it possible not to buy the cookies? My daughter and I both went on a health kick at the same time as I know if I bought cookies for her then I'd snack. She gets sweeties on Saturdays and that is all.

My danger period was always evenings after dd had gone to bed and I'd sit and snack in front of the TV. So I only had the healthy snacks and I was scrupulously honest in logging them on Nutridiary. Now, the craving seems to have mostly gone so maybe I'm getting out of the habit.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 02:58 PM   #42  

Thumbs up

pattybgud-The afternoons are hard for me too! Carrot sticks(yuck), grapes, and water, I drink tons of water! It helps with the hunger pains! I try not to but alot of junk food, but sometimes that is hard with kids in the house! So now when I buy them cookies, I buy myself some Nabisco 100 calorie packs or low fat frozen yogurt! Good Luck!!!
Old 03-06-2006, 03:01 PM   #43  

We posted at the sametime Rosbia! Just wanted to say Hi!
Old 03-06-2006, 03:07 PM   #44  

im thinking sum of the weight gained might be down to time of month, cos iv been really irritable and tearful all day, trouble is im so irregular i cant tell just by dates if im due on and put the weight down to that i just hav to wait for dear aunt f to show up.

tina, u are so right, instead of comfort eating i need to take my stresses out on the treadmill. sumtimes its easier said than done tho lol.

paula, thanks for the kind words and hug wot would i do wivout u gals. ur puppy is sooo cute, does he have a name yet? my little boy really wants a puppy but as we dont hav a garden we cant get one.

tricia, my time of the day for munchies is night-time, after iv put my son to bed all i wanna do is sit in front of the tv and eat, its definatly not hunger its just boredom/lonliness. i live on my own with my boy so once hes in bed and its all quiet im totally bored. i try to either exercise while i watch tv or munch on sumthin healthy like an apple. but hey dont take my advice iv just gained 5lbs lol.

countess, it took me ages to get used to weighing once per week, i used to always weigh daily but i fluctuate so much throughout the week that i just get de-motivated and give up. for the last 3months iv been really good at weighing just once per week, but then its really hard wen u think throughout the week that uv been good but then come weigh in day the scales disagrees wiv ya

well after this mornings disappointment i had a mc donalds for lunch (quarter-pounder wiv cheese. but iv done 10mins on treadmill at 5.5kms/hr cant actually breathe right now lol back to burning that fat tomorrow
AndrewsMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 04:24 PM   #45  

Ladies - I made it through today's tough time!!!
a 100-calorie pack of Wheat Thins and 2 big glasses of Crystal Lite Lemonade got me through!!
pattybgud is offline   Reply With Quote