Old 03-04-2006, 05:56 PM   #16  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Me again . . . wow is it ever busy in here again. Love it, love it, love it.

Robsia . . . sorry I missed you earlier. We posted at exactly the same time and you ended up above me and I didn't even notice . . . and besides that, you are getting so tiny . . . . . . Wow you must feel absolutely fantastic to be under the 190 mark. I'm sure that little bubble of sweets won't slow you down. Cute comment about the water. Aren't those little breakthroughs a delight? Actually, you drank about 2 lbs of water during your workout.

Countess . . . congratulations on the loss. I know you are going to be an inspiration for us. Keep up the great work.

Tina . . . congratulations to you, too. Knew it was a little salt making you hold on to water.

Cassie . . . hang in there girl. It will come. I get frustrated, too. We all do from time to time. Nobody promised it would be easy . . . but I do think it's a little easier because we've all got each other. Here's a special shot of

Tracey . . . so sorry you've got a cold. Just take it easy for a day or two and you'll soon be back in top shape.

Quirky . . . here's a great big for you, girl. Glad to have you with us. I'm with you on the cereal . . . for some reason it tastes better when it isn't breakfast time. Do read the box info and pick one that isn't too full of empty sugar and fluff. "Kashi, Go Lean" is pretty good and it's high protein too so it keeps you feeling full a little longer.

Okay, gang, here's my stupid question for the day . . . or at least for this hour . . . How do you post a link from one thread to another . . . or from one place on the net to another for that matter . . . oops, maybe that's two questions. Told you I was mathematically challenged.

Have a great evening, everybody. Keep on doing all the right things and the rewards will come.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:34 PM   #17  
MasterHarper

Height: 5'5"

OK - you simply copy the URL from the address bar and paste it into the post - it automatically appears as a link.

Like this:

http://robsia.livejournal.com/

. . . which is the link to my blog.

You can make links using other words like the ones in my sig, but that's more complicated. if I want to make a link to my blog but use the words "My Blog" I would need to write the following code:

Code:
My blog
Note the url tags around the words.

Edit: rats, it doesn't work. Mods, what's the point of having code tags whcih don't allow you to post code???

I'll try and find a different way of showing it.
Robsia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:41 PM   #18  
MasterHarper

[ url=http://robsia.livejournal.com/ ] My blog [ /url ]

OK, the code would be as the above example but I had to put spaces before and after all the square brackets to stop it making it into a link. You would need to remove the spaces to make it work.

I hope I haven't confused you too much.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:14 PM   #19  
I'm In Exile

S/C/G: HUGE/HUGE/Semi-Normal

Cassie we all go thru times when the scale won't move, thats why so many people get frustrated and give up. I don't know what plan you are on but if you do a google search on how to break a plateau for that plan, there is probably advice out there for your specific plan.

You are making changes in your way of eating that need to last a lifetime for this weight to come off and stay off. Sometimes our bodies need time to adjust. Don't give up, you are worth it, and its worth sticking to your plan so you can make it to your goal, not just a number on a scale but a healthier body inside and out.
Countess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:17 PM   #20  

S/C/G: 240/219/135

Gosh since we moved we have more and more people coming on board! I just can't keep up! We are normally kind of slow on the weekend so I haven't been checking back in as much as I do during the week(Can't do that anymore) I love it though! Just can't stay away so long!

Anyway a great big warm from Mississippi to the newbies!!!!

Sorry no personal's tonight to much has been going on tonight for me to comment! Plus I am soooooo tired! I don't know if Dalton being sick last week is catching up with me or the Urban Rebounder is kicking my butt! I just can't seem to get up the energy to do anything!!! I think I may need some vitamans or something. But everytime I take them I get so hungry. Do any of you take them? I thought about trying those that say they help control hunger! What do you'll think?

Well I may try to check back in later (so I won't get so far behind again)! I will just have to wait and see how I feel!!! Later Gator's
mama4dmkd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:47 PM   #21  
Working on 'Project Me'

S/C/G: 199 (1st goal)

Height: 5'6"

Hey girls, I'm back. And sad to say I slipped today. I had a small piece of cake and a little scoop of icecream, a numerous pinches of ketchup chips. Thinking I only had breakfast and that slip around lunch that I got a sub from subway for supper, 12". So I'm thinking this day is out the window! It's funny how I allowed myself to do this after being disappointed in the scale yesterday, knowing how it feels. BlahhHHHHhhhh.... You know I'm going to burn baby burn this coming week. I have to undo all I've done. I'm taking it lightly thus far, we'll see how I feel tomorrow after I see the scale.

Good night girls..

~Tina
LadyLai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 12:45 AM   #22  
Lois

Default G'nite all....

Tracey, sorry you're feeling bad and I hope you're feeling better tomorrow and can get the workout in... you gotta break in those new shoes

Quirky1, nice to meet you too and ...you can do it... just take it one pound at a time. I'm a big cereal lover too I like Honey Bunches of Oats w/ Almonds YUMMY!

Cheryl, glad you had a good day ...and great job on your choices

Robsia, now that was funny. Great job with staying on track... I'm sure those cals. will be gone before you wake up!

Paula, you're right, it is usually really quiet on the weekends... I did not do good on catching up but it's good to come here and find such good motivation to keep us going.

Tina, sounds like you had one of those, what I call, can be expected days... but look how well you've been doing... If anyone can burn it off you can. Tomorrow is a new day and yesterday is forgotten.

Hopefully I can keep up with you all now...

Good nite all
ladylane06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:21 AM   #23  
determined to lose

Java Turtle - Thanks for alerting us to your existance! Feel free to drop a line anytime! Good luck with your goals and I hope you get over your sicky sick fully and quickly.

Lois - Thanks for the new start here and for the link there and for explaining the subscription process. Good luck with the weigh in tomorrow!!

Luan - I am supposedly doing South Beach. But I am not doing it right. So then I was calorie counting with nutridiary but I did not do that right either, so I dont know what I am doing. South Beach took away 20 pounds in January, indecision and cheating kept me at zero loss/gain during February and I am hoping to go back to losing now in March. Somehow. Oh, I exercise frequently at the gym and occassionally with videos.

Robsia - another one bites the dust, houah! Oh, yes, dont you love the little bombpiles of calories littered about by our loved ones? My brother has fast food almost every day and they always ask me if I want something. It is so hard to say no...I dont manage to do it 100% of the time, but I have improved! Glad to hear your little one is a reader, that is a good habit to foster for sure!

meowee - Have you tried one of the WATP beginning videos? They are pretty easy going exercise and you stop whenever you want to.

Countess - Way to go on the weight loss!! You are doing terrific!!

Cassie - the doctor finally gave my mom the go ahead to exercise after she lost 30 pounds on south beach. She just has to watch her heart rate because she has high blood pressure.

Tina - I hope you make it to, from, and thru the birthday party without incedent.

Ooops, I just saw another post from you and you had a slip up. No problem, cannot change it, just move on past the accident and keep your eyes on the road ahead. You have not been taking detours thru the time I have been on this forum, maybe once before, I think. you should be fine, just dont make it a habit. ha ha look who's talking.

Tracey - I hope you get well very quickly so you can get back to the exercise. I know when I was sick it was hard to start back on the exercise once I got well. But even harder to eat right...too much poor me indulgence on the food front. I know you will do better than I did. Watch out at the grocery store...those bad carbs are lurking around every corner waiting to jump into your basket! They are...I've seen 'em.

Quirky1 - I hear ya, I can go nuts on bran flakes with stevia or multi-grain cheerios I dont dare let the good tasting stuff near me or I would eat the whole box. Definite cereal junkie.

Cheryl - it is so nice to have you back amoung the living! Enjoy the sunshine.

mama - I take vitamins, several supplements. I never heard of vitamins that control hunger, must be something new. I take mine at night usually, so I guess, I sleep thru the hunger part if it is there for me.

Well, my brother's two week trip changed to a 5 day trip and he is back. And we had to stop at Jack in the Box for him on the way home from the bus station. I did not have anything, HA, take that Jack! But the moratorium on the fast food has been officially lifted so I will have to say no to it almost if not every day since he is back home. Bleah, I was really enjoying his absence. Of course, he is mad that the friend he went to stay with couldnt handle him for two weeks or whatever happened (they're "lovers") so he is being fowl to us as a result which is nothing new, sad to say. Boo hoo

Anyway, I went to the gym by myself today and had a great work out, I stayed for a little over an hour and it was constant effort. I even made 10 minutes on the demon elliptical machine! I went slower than usual and was able to stay on longer. Got a blister on the back of my heel starting from the treadmill but it will be okay. Did some triceps machines and a few free weight moves. I guess mom will be going with me tomorrow. If she is thru really quick like usual, I think I am going to ask her to leave me and pick me up later if she doesnt mind. That reminds me, I need to dig out a bathing suit for her.

G'night all.
garnetfairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 08:31 AM   #24  
Onward and Downward

S/C/G: 285/215/1??

Height: 5'2"

Good Morning, all. Another cold one with a little more snow in the forecast and, unfortunately, no sun.

Wow, it sure is a busy weekend in here. Glad to see it, but it means I've no time for personal comments to each because I'm running kind of late. Sorry -- hopefully tomorrow will be better.

Thanks for the info, Robsia. Yes I'm confused but that's my normal state. Not your fault. After three of four readings I think the light is starting to go on. I'll try it later.

Here's a little shot of for all of us. Keep on doing the right stuff and the appropriate rewards are bound to follow.
meowee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 10:52 AM   #25  
I'm In Exile

I hope everyone is having a great Sunday

I'm down another pound, I know this is the initial first two weeks and I can expect my loss to slow down to 2 pounds a week instead of two pounds a day but it sure does feel good for the motivation levels and helped me resist when DH wanted Subway last night and insisted I go in with him....oooooh the smell of the bread nearly did me in but I stayed strong.

Today is going to be mid 70's so we are taking the puppies to the park close to our house. You hike about a 3/4 of a mile down the trail and it comes out at this little beach on the Gulf of Mexico, its very quiet because most people are too lazy to hike thru the woods to get to the beach. My lab puppies LOVE it because they can play in the water and because there is an Island about 3/4 of a mile off shore, there really isn't a strong current or waves so they are safe playing there. I love it because I get a chance to do some walking and get some EXERCISE!!
Old 03-05-2006, 01:05 PM   #26  
MasterHarper

Well, I was the same this morning - so only a 1.6 loss this week, but hey, it's still a loss! And that's with having AF to contend with as well.

You remember my Next 16 jeans that were mega tight when I bought them way back when and I couldn't even wear them for about four weeks - well they are beginning to feel slack! I can grab a handful of empty material round the belly!!

Tina - sorry you had a little slip but you've got a great attitude! Burn it all off!

garnetfairy - sorry to hear your brother's trip to visit his friend didn't work out. WTG on the workout though - doesn't it feel great?

Countess - congrats on the further pound! You've made a fantastic start! I think we get these good beginning weeks to spur us on when it starts to get a little tougher. If it was tough from the outset, maybe not so many would try!
Old 03-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #27  
determined to lose

Countess - the beach sounds wonderful. I live in Texas and go to Bolivar and Galveston when I get a ride and time permits. I love the beach! Especially lonesome stretches where there are no other or few other people around! and lots of shells to poke thru.

I noticed your sentence about how many pounds down and how many left to get to a hundred pound loss this year. I think I will add that to my signature to. I had not thought about the one year goal being separate from the overall goal. To tell you the truth 151 more pounds sounds so hard to me. 80 sounds much better. Thanks
Old 03-05-2006, 04:45 PM   #28  

Hi All! Just a quick check-in. I will read the posts later. My brother came 1000 miles to see me this weekend (hadn't seen him since last July) and I haven't had the time to catch up here!
I will share my SV, though..... Had weigh-in at WW yesterday... another 2.6 pounds gone forever! Whoo hoo!! I'll try to catch up later while I'm watching the Oscars!
pattybgud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:12 PM   #29  
determined to lose

Way to go Tricia! Enjoy your time with your brother, family can be so prescious to us.
Old 03-05-2006, 05:48 PM   #30  
I'm In Exile

GarnetFairy - I'm glad you added the 100 pound challenge to your siggy. The big picture is too overwhemling sometimes. Its nice to just break it down in smaller segments and it makes it feel MUCH more realistic and do-able!!

We can do this together!!!