3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

~~The Thin Group #59~~

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2001, 09:20 AM   #16
Long Lost Chickie

Hi all! Wasn't able to check in yesterday but have been reading all the posts. Ah yes, Jo has begun obsessing about the trip to Boston. "But what about..." "But what if..." "But how are we..." I've said it before. Rich is a VERY patient man.

So you're going to a big dinner, right? You know you're probably going to indulge a little that evening, right? So what do you do? Well, if you're Jo, you go out to a big lunch too! What was I thinking!?!? I'll tell you. I was thinking about FOOD!!! I do that a lot. A group of us went to the chinese buffet for lunch (oooh, water retention time!!) and then Rich and I met my parents for dinner last night.

Dinner was really nice and I actually did OK with my entree which was chicken, a little pasta and lots of veggies. But the rest of it...!!! It involved rolls with butter, salad with wonderful bacon dressing, wine and key lime pie for dessert. Oh brother! I guess the good news is that I'm STILL not hungry even this morning.

Gail, was it you who was saying that 7 lbs. in 7 weeks wouldn't be too tough?? Yeah, well, it might end up as 10 lbs. in 6-1/2 weeks instead!! Oh well, gotta get right back into it, right?

Sylvia, be sure to leave just a little money in Las Vegas for me, OK!?

Synger, want my gardening secret? I go out and buy lots of plants without knowing what they are or if they need shade or sun or whatever. I buy them just because they're "cute" and plant them all over the place. I also buy lots of seeds and those big cannisters or boxes of mixed seeds and sow them into flower beds and anywhere else I can find. The birds seem to get lots of the seeds too. Then things start to grow. Some survive. Some don't. As for what's flowers and what's weeds... Beats me! I just let things come up and if they flower, they can stay but if they don't, they (eventually) get pulled out. That means even if they're weeds, as long as they're pretty, they get to stay! Strange method but it works for me.

Well, I've started a list of things I have to do tonight before we leave after work tomorrow. Two pages so far. Yeah, just a little panic here. But as I said, it's what I do. We're taking Rich's Bronco up to Boston because he wants to haul back some pretty big and heavy stuff. The one thing we're bringing back is a brand new storm door, still in the box. It may or may not fit into the Bronco. It'll probably have to hang out the back and cause Jo great anguish all the way home. So if any of you read in the papers about some major freak accident along the east coast highways next Monday involving a door and a rather hysterical woman, you can say "hey I know her!!!".

Hope to check in again tomorrow before we leave. Meanwhile, hope you all have a great day!!

Much love, Jo.

Old 08-02-2001, 09:41 AM   #17
Long Lost Chickie

What? Did I scare you all off with my ranting and raving?? OK I'll shut up about it all. I really am learning things like "well, if it isn't packed by now, it's not coming along" and "let Rich handle the traffic and driving because he's good at it and I'm not", etc. I promise to behave.

Finished up with all (most?) of the last minute stuff last night and went down to the VFW for a quick beer too. So far this morning I've been scouring the map of Boston and circling things I want to see, etc. I've done pretty well in keeping within a couple mile radius and am hoping the weather holds out for us. Plenty of film for the camera and my walking sneakers. What else do I need?

As for eating right ... I'm not. There were these doughnuts, see, and.... Boy do I feel a bit queasy now or what!?!? Guess that's a good thing. We're taking a small cooler with us on the trip and have bottles of water, baby carrots, fat free pretzels, apples, bananas and a few other things to keep me in line and out of the rest stop restaurants. Again, we're leaving after work and going up through Connecticut or as far as we get before we get tired and decide to find a hotel. Should be (better be!!! ) better than last time we went because it's a weeknight. We'll see.

Did I say I was going to shut up about this trip? Whoops! OK, I'm done now. I'm just going to say goodbye and wish you all a good weekend, etc. Talk to you all again on Monday or Tuesday.

Much love, Jo.

Old 08-02-2001, 11:39 AM   #18

HAPPY THURSDAY! Good Morning to everyone!

Jo, your trip sounds like it will be lots of fun. A cooler is sure the way to go. Good luck on the eating and have a safe and terrific trip. Oh, by the way, I was looking at one of those big containers of wild flower seeds, the other day. Could be this will solve some of my gardening problems next year too. Do you get a nice variety of color from them? They sure look interesting.

Synger, yes, the ultra sound pictures were pretty clear. The little angel looks so adorable with a little button nose - I could almost see its halo. As for the evening eating, I am beginning to figure out that it seems to be what I eat for dinner that may or may not trigger the urge to eat and eat and eat. Lots more work to do in that area, but it does make sense. Now to try and figure it out exactly.

It is a long weekend coming up for us here in some parts of Canada, this weekend. It is for us in B.C. We didn't make any plans to speak of. Ken is working at the Agrifair here in Abbotsford on Sunday - he is manning a booth in the building where they demonstrate different hobbies - his being woodcarving. He will take Sunday and others will fill in the other days. So I think I will plan on Sunday being a me day and spend it doing whatever I feel like doing. Those are kind of nice once in awhile.

It has been pretty stressful this week. Our new daughter-in-law is having serious health problems and the news she got from her tests this week is not good. We knew that she had Crohn's disease, but she was sure it was under control after some surgery she had a couple of years ago. She got sick when they got back from their honeymoon and it appears that the Crohn's has spread so much that no more surgery will be effective. They have started her on some type of superdrug to try and stabilize it. This in itself is pretty severe as it will knock out her immune system for the most part. So she will have a long and treacherous road ahead. She and my son are completely devastated and having a tough time dealing with the reality of the situation. They had wanted to start a family soon, but that will be out of the question now. Life can sure throw some curves, can't it?

Sorry, don't mean to be depressing, but when you say your prayers, could you please give them a thought too? Thanks - I know it will help to make them strong.

I'm so glad you guys are here. Take care everyone and have a good weekend. Love you all. G
Old 08-03-2001, 11:04 AM   #19
Mother Hen

Default Good Morning!

My Dear Friends.

Calvin is still alive, but barely. I hate to question God's plan, but why does he have to suffer like this?

My son, Dean, took my grandaughter, Allura, home with him to Houston a couple of weeks ago. He's bringing her home tomorrow. Cal will be surrounded by those of us who love him the most. Maybe then he will be ready to go.

The Hospice nurse says it could be anytime now, maybe just hours. My daughter, Doris sits up with him all night, and I stay with him during the day.

Thanks for the support thread and all your prayers. I'll keep you informed.

Hugs, Judy
Old 08-03-2001, 04:34 PM   #20
Taking It A Day At A Time

Hi all,

Are you all ready for the weekend? Not doing too much here. I finally am glad to be home back safe and sound from my camping trip to Michigan and just enjoy my family, my home and our kitties and our cocketial too. It feels so good to be home, I can't stress that enough.

Judy-So sorry for what you have been going through. I pray that God gives you the strength to get through all that you have to and that Cal doesn't have to suffer much more. Thanks for posting and please let us know how things are going for you as they progress. I really wish there was something we can do, but all we can do is be with you in spirit. We love you Judy!
{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{JUDY}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}} }}

Gail-Hey there, I am home at last. I emailed you yesterday about this, but still want to let you know how sorry I am about Layla's illness. I know you are there for them during this time and hope the doctors can help her in whatever way they can. I know the ultrasound of you new grandchild made your day though and I hope everything goes along well for you guys. Glad you are figuring out what happens in the evening concerning you eating pattern and hope that helps you out.

Jello-Off to Boston to see Rich's parents now? Have a wonderful time seeing everyone again. Don't forget to have fun while you are at it. I know fun goes with your name Jo. LOL I am glad Rich is a patient man while you obsess about the trip. You two sound like you complement each other greatly. Good job on your 36 lb weigh loss. You are doing so well.

Synger-Yes Michigan sure is a beautiful state to vacation in with all those great lakes. I have heard of those Medieval festivals around. I think there was one of them in Ann Arbor, Michigan somewhere. Do you go to the festivals? They always looked like alot of fun.

Sylvia-I know you are really stressed up about your work situation. But you are doing the right thing so far by trying to put some money away just in case. You are handling it well I feel. Try to take things one day at a time and remember to take care of youself too. Cause you are too important to everyone. Hope things work out for you.

Mary Kay-You are working so hard girl. I'll bet you get home and jump in the tub and soak you cares away. I don't know how you keep up the pace MK. Glad to hear from you and hope things slow down for you soon.

Sandi-Thanks for the imfo on that Julia Roberts movie. Now maybe I will save my money and wait for it to come on HBO. LOL Although I get to go to the movies anytime I want to cause my son Alan works at a movie theater and he gets to have guests in free. But I will just have to pick another movie when I go. You are thinking of going to Frankenmuth? I loved going there for their great chicken dinners when I lived in Michigan. Such a pretty town, you should go. That would be a nice trip for you and your friends. Oh yes, the blue gazing ball you gave to Chrissy when you were there looks really great in front of her house. That was so nice of you to bring it up to her. Compliments the house beautifully.

Trish-My sounds like you are going to have a very busy weekend helping your daughter and son in law unpack. That is so nice of you to offer to help. I am sure they appreciate more than you know.

CJ-Gosh girlfriend so sorry we missed each other. I tried to call you from the campsite but your phone said that it did not accept unknown phone calls. Which is what I guess my cell phone was to it. LOL By the time we got back you were gone again. Oh well November is coming soon and you and Dick will be here visiting us once again. I can't wait! Congratulations on your 11 lb loss, WOW WHEE! You can make the Labor Day Challenge AND your 10 % too. The way you are going you will be sure to make it all. Miss you lots and lots, but know you are a busy lady with all you have to do with the cabin.

Chrissy-I am home now and miss you and Emily and Ellen already. I had a blast camping with you guys. Thanks for all the fun, sun, concerts and everything else we did together. It was a really special time for me and I know for you too. I will send you an email soon I promise. Just been busy unpacking, washing clothes and trying to get the house back in order. You know I cleaned it when I left to go to Michigan, but you know how Ken, Dan and Al can be. Well I know you know cause we have talked about how kids sometimes just don't seem to care about picking up after themselves. Well sis in law, talk to you soon and remember I love you.

Well guys time to get off here and get going. Take care and hope everyone has a great on program weekend ahead.

Love ya, Sassy Sharon
Old 08-05-2001, 12:33 AM   #21
MK

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to pop in for a few minutes. It is 12:16 am and I have to be at work at 6 a.m. Tomarrow is my 10 hour day.

Sometimes it seems like something bad is happening to everyon I work with. I have trouble with my mom not knowing what is wrong with her medically and my kids fighting with each other. My best friend's son is having problems with this lady he was dating. These all seem trivial when you compare them to the other people at work. Ones husband had a heart attack and her mother in law is real bad off she lives with them. Another ladys mom had open heart surgery, but they think she had a stroke during the surgery and she isn't doing to good. Another lady husband found out he has cancer of the tyhroid. They took it out. It is the worst kind of cancer the one that spreads fast. He will be taking both radiation and kemo. They will be giving him the highest doses they can. Then the worst thing happened today, my boss's mom passed away. He was called and told to come as soon as he could. He had to take care of some things at work because he wasn't sure how long he would be. We all found out that she died before he did. His wife didn't want him knowing about it until they were on the road. It was a hard day at work today. We were all taking tylenol and trying not to cry. So I am thankful that my kids are here to fight and all of the normal everyday trails to get through and I have my parents.

I am thankful for all of my friends here for lisening. I guess I am just over tried right now. But not to worry Tomarrow is going to be a better day. And as the song says " I will get by with the from my friends"

Now I did weigh myself, and I am still at 250. I thought I put some on, but I didn't. I would still like to get below 250 before Labor Day,. We can all meet our goals.

Sorry this is just about me today will talk to all soon. Take care and enjoy your Sunday!

Mary Kay
Old 08-06-2001, 03:25 PM   #22

Hello Ladies!!

Just got back from Virginia visiting my sister. Had a nice, relaxing time. I haven't been to my sister's in a very long time and she has since moved. What a beautiful home she lives in!!! It is set right in the woods. They own over 10 areas. The house she lives in is over 8000 square feet. It is so beautiful. She also has a huge pool in the backyard. Deer running around all over. I felt like I was at a resort in the forest. But it was a nice trip. I did get to meet Tracy, the woman I mentioned from the Silenced Angels support that I belong too. It was so nice to meet her. We had a very long lunch and talked and talked. I definitely have a new friend. We have alot in common. Start school in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to that. In another month, a few of my nurse friends and I are going to Vegas. We are leaving on the 14th and returning on the 17th. Never have been there before. I am not much of a gambler, but I am anxious to go. I think that Jello mentioned that she was going to Vegas in September??? Jo - are you out there??? Maybe we will be there the same time and can run into each other!! Now that would be great!!!! Let me know Jo!!!!

I heard from Joanna. I sent her something and she wrote back to me! It was good to hear from her. Guess what girls??? Joanna is getting married this September 21st. Congratulations Joanna!!!! She wanted to say hi to everyone. She has just been busy getting ready for the wedding and all and also working alot of hours. I need to write her back.

JUDY - Hope that you are doing OK ((((JUDY)))). You, Cal and your family are always in my prayers. I am thinking about you Judy.

SHARON - Sounds like you are glad you are back. I need to call your father. Been very busy. If I could keep my $@## home once inawhile! LOL Yes camping was fun, but hot. Glad that you made it home OK.

SANDI - Is your brother-in-law still visiting from Virginia. I owe you an e-mail too. Hope all is well.

JO - Are you still in Boston? Hope that your trip went smoothly and you and Rich had some fun. Let me know about your Vegas trip???? Maybe we will be there the same time!!!

GAIL - Thanks for your e-mail. I owe you one too!! Did you ever get back the pictures that you took when we meet in Seattle?? I will have to send CJ the ones that I took. Sorry to hear about your daughter-in-law!!! How awful. See alot of Crohn's in the hospital. Seems to hit young people. Hope that they are doing OK.

MK - That's OK Mary. How many times have I come here and just talked about me???? Hope that things will look up soon.

CJ - Hope that you are having a good time on your vacation.

I really need to get motivated and loose some poundage. Just 20. Just can't seem to get my mind in the right spot. Still thinking about cigarettes too much!! LOL Julie?????? Where are you girlfriend????

Well, gotta split. Just got back today and have things to do. Want to run and see Mom at the nursing home. I missed her and I know that she is waiting for me. She was in the hospital while I was gone. Nothing serious. Just my mom...

Love you all,
Chrissy

Last edited by Chrissy : 08-06-2001 at 03:29 PM.
Old 08-07-2001, 06:28 PM   #23

Angry

Hi there to Everyone!

Sorry I was not around on the weekend. I was reading some new books I got on Ayurveda and really immersed myself in it for a few days. Lots of good things there. Hope it will help me get going again. Things sure have been difficult in the weight department, for me this past while. So when what you are doing doesn't work, then obviously I was on the wrong track. Well, change is always good.

Judy, thinking about you. {{{{{Judy}}}}}

Sharon, nice to see your post. I know for sure that I owe you a couple of emails and I will send you one very soon. Thanks for the nice card that you sent me. You are really sweet. It must be nice for you to be home after all the going away you've done lately. It's true - There's no place like home!

MaryK, you poor dear. You sound so frazzled and overtired. It is so sad when bad things happen to good people - hang in there and get some rest. It is always nice to hear from you.

Chrissy, I'm so glad that you had a nice trip. Your sister's home sounds like a palace. Wow - 8000 square feet. You could put 4 of my houses in there. I don't think I have ever been in a house that big - must be fabulous. It sure would be a nice place to relax with the pool and 10 acres. Talk about heaven! And so nice too that you had a good visit with your friend Tracy too. Wouldn't it be fun if you and Jo were in Las Vegas at the same time. Who knows - it could happen. sorry, I didn't get the film in yet. I meant to do it the other day and then I forgot it at home. Duh! I will get to it this week - I want to see them too.

So our Joanna is getting married in September. Joanna, I wish you so much happiness. Please post and let us know how things are going. Lots of joy and a big hug to you.

Well, better go - it was a long weekend for us and so lots to do today. Take care everyone. Love, G
Old 08-07-2001, 09:24 PM   #24

Angry Hi Everyone

I tried to get here before and it wouldn't let me in. Now this time it said I wasn't registered. Is that what happens when you don't show your face here for a while? LOL
Had a very busy week as we had overnight company all week. First my hubby's brother from Virginia Beach stayed for 3 days and then my brother from Texas and then my sister from Morris Illinois. It all went well though and we did enjoy the company. I was beginning to feel like Sharon there for a while...LOL
We went to downtown Chicago and they have this thing there now like they had last year (Cows On Parade) But this year it is called Suite Home Chicago. And on many street corners they have sofas and chairs made of fiberglass that different artists decorate and have a name for each one. Very unique. Took some cute pictures on them. We are trying to get our plans ready for vacation. We will leave on August 25 and return after Labor Day. It looks like we are going to go to the Dominican Republic. Want to get there once before it really starts to get touristy. It already is starting to.

Chrissy.....Cynthia's house sounds so nice. Like Gail you could fit 4 of mine in hers. LOL Quit worrying about the weight. I thought you looked good and you certainly sounded better when I saw you a few weeks ago. Your color was better too.Guess what I went out and bought today? Another gazing ball for our yard. A red one. So happy for you that you got to meet your friend Tracy.

Joanna....Warmest and best wishes to you on your upcominmg marriage. Take pictures and be sure they get on here for all of us to see.

Judy...{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}You are still in my prayers.

Gail.....What is Ayurveda? A store? Hurry and get your film in from your visit with Chrissy. Want to see your photos.

MaryK...Sorry to hear of all the things going on around you with the people at work. Sometimes we just have to look around us and count our blessings don't we? One good thing in your favor is you thought yu may have gained and you stayed the same. Good for you.

Met three of my friends for lunch today and then got invited for a swim at my daughters neighbors. Daughter and her family are at the cottage this week so I guess she felt I needed to be around some little ones. LOL Take care everyone. Love to all....Sandi
Old 08-08-2001, 09:21 AM   #25
Long Lost Chickie

Hello again! Finally back on line here at home. Had to figure out why it wouldn't let me post and how to reregister and then it said that Jello already exists, etc. Geez! All I wanted to do was say a quick hello and try to take a shower before my hair cut appt. I say "try to" because I had an accident yesterday afternoon with my usual klutzy-ness and a very sharp knife. I'm typing with one hand while the other (left fortunately) is all bandaged up. Not too serious but I think they would have tried to get me to hold still for stitches if I'd gone to the ER so I didn't. I'm such a wimp sometimes.

The weekend was wonderful!!! I didn't even obsess ... much ... about the carload of stuff or whine too teriibly about unloading it all (What are we going to do with all this stuff!?!?) in the 100 degree heat. Planned to spend the next few days cleaning the house and going up to Musikfest but boy is it hot hot hot hot hot!!! And now I'm one-handed. Could be that I spend the week hanging around the house doing NOTHING. Who me???

I really do have to run now. I MUST shower before I go out to face any other humanity. 9:15AM and Jo's still in her jammies. Unheard of!!!!

Love to you all!
Jo.

Old 08-08-2001, 09:59 AM   #26
Taking It A Day At A Time

Default Hey all!

Just thought I would post again while I have a few. I am cleaning the basement once again. Did it a couple of years ago and somehow things just don't stay that way. Somehow everything lands at the bottom of the stairs over time. I think that stuff down there must have legs and are trying to climb up the stairs to come up and be part of the family. LOL This time thought an organizing and went out and brought lots of those large, medium and smaller storage containers-Rubbermade type and whatever else I could find on sale. Somehow cardboxes just don't do it anymore for me. LOL These stack so much nice and I even have labeled them as to what is in them so I don't have to hunt when I want something out of one of them. I want to go out and buy a couple of more shelves for my crock pots, electric fry pans, ice cream makers, rice cooker and other appliances that are just sitting around on boxes and the floor. LOL Looks nice and I am 3/4 of the way done and have been working on this since Saturday. I just go down there whenever I have a few hours to spare. I have so much to sort, throw out and donate to charity it's not even funny. This is one project I had wanted to do while I am still off from work. I always feel good when I am getting something accomplished and everytime I went down there I couldn't find anything. So another few days or so and I should be done. I love getting organized and as Chrissy said to me all the while we were camping "Let's get organized" LOL

Gail-Hope you are enjoying your new book your bought. I used to read all the time, all kinds of books, but haven't read anything in a while. I should get back to reading again. It is really relaxing, especially right before bedtime. Really makes helps to relax me and make me sleepy. I know the feeling about trying to get back on track cause that is right where I am now. But I am really trying and know you are too. Don't worry Gail, it will happen for you and for me too. Just hang in there! {{{{{{{{{GAIL}}}}}}}}}

Sandi-Gee so you are beginning to feel like me eh, with all the out of town company. Yes it does get tiring, but I sure love to see them. Just don't love all the getting ready for company. Too much work, but necessary I guess. LOL Have a great time on you vacation, you lucky dog to be going to the Dominican Republic. I am sure it is so beautiful there. Have fun!

Jello-Gosh so sorry about your hand. Hope it feels better soon. Glad you had a good time in Boston and everything week great. Have fun at Musikfest, I know you go every year and hope things cool down for you when you go. Maybe it will rain there and things will cool off for you. Always better when the weather is great!

Chrissy-Hey I am getting organized with my basement. LOL Oh no when you come over and see how great my basement looks you will probally want me to do yours if I know you. Although yours really doesn't look so bad so probally doesn't need it I hope. LOL So glad you had fun at you sister Cynthia's house and I know she was so happy you were there too. She has been trying to get me out to Virginia forever and the last time when you handed the phone to me when she called while I was there the first words out of her mouth was "When you coming for a visit" LOL I know she loved you coming and I am so glad you finally got out there. Are you all excited about school starting soon? You better go out and get you school supplies. I think of you whenever I am in Target or someplace like that and see all the mom's with their kids getting school supplies. Although you probally don't need the long list like they need. LOL Let us know how it goes.

Mary Kay-Sorry things around you are not going well for others that you care about. Yes you are right and sometimes we think we have it so bad and than we see what others have happening in their lives and we thank God that we have our wonderful families around and healthy and happy. I know you appreciate yours and show them all the time. Try to take it easy when you can and make time for yourself too.
((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((MARY KAY))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Julie-How have things been going for you. I just sent you an email this morning and hope you get it and everything is alright for you and you have just been busy with you summer, Niles and the kids.

Carolyn-I sent you an email yesterday too and hope that you too are doing well. I am sure you have just been busy with your summer job. When does school start again for you? Are you enjoying you summer off? I sure hope so and hope to hear from you soon.

Joanna-Oh boy a wedding. Congratulations on your upcoming marriage. I am so happy for you that you have found someone wonderful in your life. Keep us posted and yes we want to see pictures via CJ.

CJ-Hey speaking of CJ! How the heck are you? I miss you lots and lots and hope that you are reading how much I miss you. It just isn't the same around her without your posts. You had better get the puter at the cabin girl cause otherwise how we gonna hear from you? How are things going with you cabin? I'll bet you are getting lots done around there. Hey how is El Gato faring in the new place? Is she doing well? She must be glad you took her this time and hope that she is enjoying being in the deep woods with you two. Post when you can get to a puter. LOVE YOU CJ!

Judy-Much love to you and you are in my thoughts all the time. We love you Judy!
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[JUDY]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]

Ken and I are going camping this weekend with my daughter Kelly, her boyfriend, Brian and his parents. We have never met them, but we have been talking on the phone to plan this trip and the Mom seems really nice. The kids cooked up this camping trip cause they want us all to meet and we all love to camp. I think they are getting serious and have even hinted that there may be a marriage one of these days. Kelly wants to finish college though and has another year in the Teachers Education program. This fall she starts Student Teaching at a elementary school in Indianapolis. So she says she won't get married if she does to Brian till she has her teaching degree. She has been going to college so long, around 6 years and just wants to focus on her school. So anyways should be fun to go. We are going to Mc Cormicks Creek State Park in Spencer, Indiana about an hour away. We are tent camping since our pop up camper is kaput. LOL This should be fun, the parents telling stories of our kids when they were little around the campfire.

Well guys, time to get my butt back downstairs and do some more ORGANIZING!!!!!!!

Love you guys, Sassy Sharon

Last edited by Sassy : 08-08-2001 at 10:05 AM.
Old 08-09-2001, 12:51 PM   #27

Talking

Hi and Good Morning to you all!

Wow, Sharon, you sure do sound ambitious. Cleaning and organizing a basement is never fun, but you really do feel good when it's done. We do not have a basement in this house. So you can imagine what kind of a mess we have in our closets, etc. Just thinking about it gives me the willies. It is nice having a basement though because there is so much more room to store things and it is out of sight for the most part. I'll bet it will look great when you are finished organizing everything.

The reading that I have been doing is about the Ayurvedic way of eating. It is a bit complicated off the start and I have had to work at it to bend my rigid old mind around the concepts. But it seems to be working for me. I'm down 3 lbs and feel much better than I have in a long time, so it has been worth the effort and time spent learning about it. It is so huge that I have barely scratched the surface, but am most interested in the eating principles and will stick with that at least for now. I am so hoping that this will be the one that is right for me. There has to be a way of eating for me that I can live with permanently. Too many unpleasant side effects from everything else I have tried. So far none from this one. I feel pretty satisfied and don't feel like it is a diet. I probably shouldn't get my hopes up because of all the past failures, but without enthusiasm how can any plan work? Anyways, so far, so good.

Jo, so sorry about your accident. I hope your hand is healing well. Glad to hear that you had such a great weekend. that heat must have been a killer though. We are supposed to have our hottest day of the year here today, but it will be nowhere as hot as that. Thank goodness! I think I would probably turn to a puddle of fat and deepfry myself.

Sandi, you must be getting excited about your upcoming vacation to the Dominican Republic. August 25th is not far away. Lucky you! It'll be so nice for you to get away and have a nice rest after all the company you've had this summer. You are very gracious hostess - that's for sure.

Chrissy, how are you doing? Spending some time resting up after your trip, or are you back to work? Take care. I will get those pictures developed soon. I really, really will.

Well, got lots to do today before it gets too hot. Although with the A/C cranked up, don't really feel it. But it doesn't feel like summer if you don't go out and get all hot and sweaty, right? So I will go and pull a few weeds and then come in and be grateful for the A/C.

Take care everyone and have a great day. Love, G
Old 08-10-2001, 11:18 AM   #28

Hey guys - where are you - COME OUT, COME OUT, WHEREVER YOU ARE!

We are finally having some great weather. It was hot yesterday and another day like it today. It is supposed to be a couple of degrees cooler for the weekend. That is good because the Abbotsford Airshow starts today. It usually attracts a huge crowd for the 3 days that it's on and there is a lot of heatstroke if it gets too hot out there. We live not far from the airport, so hear all the large planes coming in. There were a lot of them coming in yesterday. Huge and noisy but very exciting. We haven't actually been to the show in a few years, but get to see a lot of the action from here.

Ken has to go back to the hospital on Monday for another procedure to remove another kidney stone that won't pass. Gosh, this has been going on forever it seems. Sure hope that will finally be the end of it for him.

Hope that you all have a good weekend planned. It's hard to believe that August will soon be half over. It will be September before we know it.

Well, got tons to do today so will say bye for now. Love to all of you. G
Old 08-12-2001, 07:41 AM   #29

Default Quick hello

Hi everyone. Just wanted to say a quick hi (I'm about to collapse from exhaustion here). We're in our new house -yay. Our very own home, well I guess the bank kinda owns it, but it's ours. Just being able to put nails in the wall to hang things on is exciting!!

I'm back on track and have lost what I regained. Still got about 25 pounds to go though. I tried some work clothes on today - I can get in them but I can't move! I've got 7 weeks til I go back to work. Hoping to lose about 10 pounds and then I should be able to fit into them better (we are so broke what with buying a house I really cannot afford any new clothes).

I wanted to send my love to Judy. This must been an unbeliveably hard time for you and your family. You are so strong and we love very much. Please post here when you can and read our messages of support - I'm sending hugs your way right now <<<<<<<<<JUDY>>>>>>>>>>>

Bye 4 now
Sam
Old 08-13-2001, 03:29 PM   #30
CJ
Pending Email Confirmation

S/C/G: 184/172/130

Height: 5'4

HI GUYS!

This is going to be quick for now ... just wanted to pop in and say hi - still up north but the good news is I GOT A NEW COMPUTER FOR THE CABIN so I can now keep in touch with you almost daily!!! WHOOPPEE!!!!!

If anyone cares to email me my address at the cabin is: cjlem@core.com

I have missed you all and I promise that I will write a long post soon and address you all!

Love you,
CJ
Closed Thread
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.