Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2006, 07:19 PM   #31  
kitty Momo

woo hoo got the files done! Got my tax return cashed!

I miss Rach though. I left a message for her to call me last night, I had missed her call and she never did call back. I don't think she got the message.
I am putting her check for Lacrosse in the mail and she HAS to come home and shop for her equipment, right?? She HAS to come home - *laughs nervously*......damn that kid- she is going to give me grey/gray hair.

btw- how do you spell gray/grey??

I guess that is it. I am pooped. Going to go to the back office and haul the 20 files to my super and print off the self evaluation. Maybe I will work on it tonight.

Co worker is going for a week! yay......I am in charge. Old boss came in a talked for awhile, that was nice. I miss the old place that we worked at *sigh*.

Tomorrow I get off at noon and go to the court to offer support to ex wife.....or should I??? I don't know. I don't need to get on his bad side - maybe seeing me will remind him he has a daughter named Gaby?? lol

dim wit

k- I think I will go to Goodwill tonight and look around.

You are living through us Ang????????? hehe....pretty scary, huh???? lol Hope you are feeling ok, love ya!

chow!
Old 03-02-2006, 07:31 PM   #32  
RosieKate

Susan - hope Rach calls soon.......

get lots of sleep, Angie....you will feel so much better

Cristi - thanks you for your kind words...hope you get your house sold fast. Then you can get really excited about moving into your new house!

MaryKate - thanks for the compliment. I love the sweater, but it is a little baggy...I may try to shrink it a little. I want to wear it to the preschool auction in a few weeks.

oops - gotta run - HI to everyone else!
Katy

Old 03-02-2006, 10:42 PM   #33  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

better yet Katy,,,send it up north! Its my color...wahoo...
Old 03-02-2006, 10:57 PM   #34  
Nancy

Susan: Sounds like, as hard as it is, you're doing the right thing for your daughter (I don't have all the history, but from what you said...).

I think parenting is the most imperfect science, isn't it? It's the only thing I've ever done in my life where the rewards are so amazing, and yet, I can feel totally inept!

Dealt today with playground drama with our son (kindergarten)...he's been terrorized by another kid, and we don't feel like the school has been taking action. I actually witnessed it today, and boy, did I channel my inner "mama bear". I was so angry! Don't mess with my kid...he's so sweet and vulnerable.

I'm pooped...too much drama, and my father-in-law and his wife (husband's step-mother) arrive tomorrow...talk about drama...
Old 03-03-2006, 12:19 AM   #35  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

boy have we been busy! Brandon had his speech evaluation today. the lady played with him and observed him. She said that his speech is in the 20-23 month range, which is where it should be. She said that where he is now, is not worrisome so it isn't necessary to put him in speech therapy. So, she wants to re-evaluate him in about 6 months. Still haven't heard back from my mom.

She gave us a packet of information that will educate us, so that we can help him work on his speech. Speech/language was the only area that he was behind in, and he wasn’t even behind by that much. He was ahead in the self help and gross motor, and all the other areas that he got tested in he was right on target for them.

I think Logan is definitely teething now. His hands are constantly in his mouth. When he has his mouth open, you can see white spots all over the place. He fell asleep earlier in the bassinet, and then woke up screaming. I rubbed Oragel on his gums, gave him the rest of the his bottle and he was in a much happier mood.

Nancy~ I am so sorry to hear about your kitty.

Katy~ I love that sweater!
Old 03-03-2006, 12:39 PM   #36  
Give me strength

Nancy,,,been there and done that. Hope all the issues have been delt with and will be no reprocussions on your son. When Brandon was in grade 4 he got beat up by a boy in grade 7. The boy had anger issues and was angry with a teacher, he left the building and ran up behind my son who was walking into another door of the building. He kicked him all over his body, black eyes, fat lip. I was at work when the school called 3 hours later. *3hours grrr) anyways I went in and the VP says he didn't want to bother me while I was at work. I bet you anything he shuddered for years after when he heard my name, the man was an idiot. But close to an unemployed idiot. I changed the system in that school. I was appalled over the fact that the boy got a 3 day suspension. And laughed on his way out the door that he had 5 days off with the weekend...the mother (sigh swear her parents were siblings) was excited too since they could do a lil holiday. Well evryone learned that day they shouldn't tick me off,,,got quiet the temper.
By the time I was done with her she was sobbing in the corner with child welfare on its way... I also had the boy in another office writing out a report (500 words or more) about what happened. Then another report of what he should of done,,,took him 3 days...in that lil office...so much for a holiday.
There is a no bullying system in the school my youngest son goes to. Have never had him say hes been bullied so not sure how it works. Hes been harrassed by a lil girl that had a crush on him.

ok boredom has finally set in. I don't want to crochet anymore. I am sick of reno shows... I made cookies,,,have eaten 2..peanut butter.
I have the series Smallville to watch...that is it. No groceries in the house but can't go get any,,,roads are slippery. Im thinking I should ask one of my friends to come over and drive me to Safeway. Ill bring Brandon to lift everything.
I could do stuff its just I want to be outside! human contact....
Even my dog who never leaves my side is getting sick of it being just the two of us.
well gonna go watch superman
Old 03-03-2006, 02:51 PM   #37  
kitty Momo

Good Morning

Where is our Miss Cristi? Always look forward to reading your morning post

Thank you Nancy It is very hard.Last night I was in tears. I asked that she call me and the message was given to her. She called and was angry. I asked how her day was and she said fine. Some adult lady had called her twice at her fathers house asking for Rach and I asked if she knew a "Charlie" that was female. Rach didn't. Very odd. I asked if she was still interested in Lacrosse because I was about to put the check in the mail , she said no. I am mailing it anyway. I asked if she wanted to do anythinng this weekend and she said "nothing with you!."
ouch........so, I teared up and said good bye.

I am going to get off work in a minute. I have Wiggle tickets to buy and court to attend. Pick both older girls up at school at 4:00 and take back to the runaway youth place for a 4:30 meeting. Cross fingers she comes home. I miss her.

Adios!
Old 03-03-2006, 07:54 PM   #38  
RosieKate

Susan - I hope all goes well with Rachel today. I remember treating my mother pretty badly when I was a teen - making her pay for being gone I guess. I never ran away, but could have used some counseling - we really just never did that back then. Hope it all smooths out soon.....saying a prayer for all of you. Wiggles sounds like lots of fun. Leigh would love it. She and James just saw A Year with Frog and Toad with their grandma and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's musical based on the Arnold Lobel books and the broadway cast recording is so sweet. You can check it out at the library - Miss G may like it

Angie - I hope you can find something to do to ease your boredom - poor thing. Guess you'll have to learn to knit or something I have a great blog for you - it's called www.crazyauntpurl.com She blogs about beginning knitting things and has a wicked sense of humor - very entertaining!

Mindee- glad everything went well with Brandon's evaluation - that has to be a big relief. You know, both my kids were late to the potty party and it wasn't a big deal. Two is kind of young for some kids to be ready for it. Mine weren't ready til 3 or 3.5 - but when they were - it was a piece of cake! Both kids made great progress in the summer and they could run around the backyard with no pants. I would put the potty on the deck and just let them "practice" where the messes were easy to clean up.

Nancy- I haven't had to deal with playground bullies yet... here's hoping I never have to. I would be pretty assertive, that's for sure! Our school has conflict managers at recess who seem to keep things from getting out of hand.

I visited a preschool today - and realized very quickly that it would not work for our daughter. So that one is off the list. DH and I agreed that looking at a few schools would be good, if nothing else it will help us feel ok about keeping her where she is if that's what is best for her. We would just set some boundaries as far as the grown-up workload. There's a part of me that would love a break from a co-op for a year. I'm feeling pretty tired right now, what with being on the board and our big auction fundraiser coming up in a few weeks.

Well - the fam is off to Family Fun Night at the community center tonight aka Mom's night off. I always end up in my jammies drinking wine and watching a movie. I should do something fun, but I'm so wiped out by Friday night. My life is so glamorous - NOT

Have a great weekend everyone
Katy

Old 03-03-2006, 08:59 PM   #39  
Nancy

Mindee: We found the best stuff for teething is called Hyland's Teething Tablets. They are homeopathic, and you can get them at any health food store. I always found that the orajel was very harsh tasting - the Hyland's tablets taste sweet.

Susan: You hang tough...when Rachel grows up a bit, she'll thank you for the guidance you gave. It'll be harder on you for a while, but I'm sure you will do what's right for her.

Well, the bully was back on the playground today. We talked to the principal last night ,who really pissed me off when he said "Well, maybe Anthony just wants to make friends with Benjamin". I pretty much told him where to take that thought - that A's behavior was pure aggression, and my son has the bruises to prove it. At least he stayed away from Benjamin today, but I don't think this battle is over.

In-laws arrived today....DH is already in his "dad's here, I'm a wreck" mode. Luckily I'm going to Los Angeles on Sunday for a 2-day autism seminar. Woo hoo.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:17 AM   #40  
I know I can

Just wanted to pop in and say hello.

I haven't had the time to post the last few days, with the funeral and family being here.
Bill's oldest brother and wife went home today. Our house seems so quiet. His other brother is still here. He goes back next week (they're not staying with us, they're @ Bill's mum's)

I haven't read through all the posts, will do tomorrow.
Off to bed in a tic. Courtney has pony club in the morning. Just got in from putting the float/trailer on the 4x4, so we don't have to do it in the morning.
It is our first pony club for the year and at this location, so a l'il nervous.

I hope you all have a great day, whatever you are doing
Old 03-04-2006, 11:42 AM   #41  
Nancy

woo hoo...the scale was good to me today! Lost 3.8 for a total of 21. Only 2.8 to go to my 10% (and that fancy 10% key chain!). What a relief...I worked my butt off these last 2 weeks.
Old 03-04-2006, 01:54 PM   #42  
Give me strength

Good going Nancy! Lucky girl....

Annette, good luck with the pony club.

not much planned today...I did leave the house this morning to drive Tanner to vocal lessons...got home to a ticked off dog,,,and made it known with alal the lil droppings in the house! She will be put back in to her kennel when we leave even if its for 5 minutes...

I did a tim hortons drive throu so I am pretty much do anything now with a decent cup of coffee...
Im reading unlikely angel by Ashley Smith...shes the woman who was taken hostage last year.
need to get groceries,,,Tanner and I ate the last of the cellery and carrots yesterday..better then junk which I wanted too...but stuck it out with cellery.
well back to my Smallville marathon...season 2 disc 3....*sigh my life boiled down to being excited over watching teenagers...even if they do have super powers...
Old 03-04-2006, 02:27 PM   #43  

Height: 5'1"

Girls, just wanted to pop in really quick to let you know that my sis is in town and that I have been visiting w/her......which is why I've been MIA!!

I had forgotten to mention this so I thought I would pop in and let you all before you wonder what happened to me!!

Ok.....best get to visiting!
Old 03-04-2006, 02:37 PM   #44  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

SUSAN...I'm here. I was online yesterday going through my e-mails and got a call saying they wanted to show the house in less than an hour. They are supposed to make an appointment 24 hours in advance so I'm ready but...apparently they can't read. So never made it thru my e-mails or to 3FC. I kept thinking I would clean the house last night to ready it in case anyone wanted to see it over the weekend but ended up doing a really fast clean-up yesterday. Then had to get the dog and get out for an hour. UGH! So this morning I cleaned before even getting on the computer. Anyway...I hope everything works out with the counselor and Rachel. She's just mad at you right now but will get over it soon enough. And grey/gray is spelled both ways, or at least I spell it both ways-just depends on the day. Did you get the Wiggles tickets? Gaby will love that!

ANGIE...should you be driving so soon Missy? You be careful doing too much too soon. Know what ya mean about getting out though. I'm pretty content most days with staying at home. Usually find something to keep me busy. But there are those times where I feel like an animal trapped in a cage and get so bored. If I don't find a job soon, I am going to go do some volunteer work again. I really enjoyed doing that.

NANCY...WTG on the loss this week! Keep up the good work, and pass your motivation on over to me!

ANNETTE...have a great day at the pony club.

KATY...you are welcome for the kind words, meant every word. We may have already lost the house. Our realtor told DH they got another offer but we won't find out anything unless it is a better offer than ours. So we play the waiting game. I just hope we don't have to go through this several times.

MINDEE...good to hear Brandon is right on schedule with his speech.

Well, I probably should get going. V will be home in about 10 minutes and we are driving up to get our taxes from the tax guy. It's about an hour drive, but definitely worth it.

Take care ladies and have a wonderful weekend.
Old 03-04-2006, 10:51 PM   #45  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Hello all...We are back in In and really busy right now. Not only are we working on the house things..but I had to take mom in for a cath scan and then Tues she goes for a stent. I spent the night with her last night, so had to do laundry when I got home. They lay out the house area on our lot Mon. then we can start clearing the trees. It will be a busy time for us.

Will stop by when I can. Thinking of you all..Angie,get well..Susan, bless you as you do the right thing for your child (not the easy thing always.) Cristi, GL on the house selling/buying. Jane- I know you are in FL kissing Mickey. To those of you who have lost loved ones lately..my prayers are with you.
Closed Thread