Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2006, 08:51 PM   #16  
Nancy

Well, our kitty will start chemotherapy as soon as he's fully healed from his surgery. We don't really feel like we have other options - we don't want to not treat and watch him waste away, and we certainly don't feel ready to put him to sleep. So, we'll start the treatment, and see how it goes. The vet said that the treatment puts cats into remission often, plus they will have more energy and gain weight. That would be good, because Floydie is sooooooo thin. It should be interesting...I was thinking about replacing my carpet, but I think I'm gonna wait a while, since vomiting is a side effect of the meds...
Old 02-28-2006, 11:26 PM   #17  
GmaTo8

Just a quick pop in to say "see ya later". We don't actually leave until Thursday, but tomorrow will be so hectic that I don't want to count on being here.

Have a good week/weekend, and I'll chat with you when I get back.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:49 AM   #18  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Jane have a great trip,,,hugs to Katie...
And a big thank you for the card...so sweet.

And to you too Cristi,,,your cards and added touch of your note made my day.
Old 03-01-2006, 01:18 PM   #19  
Give me strength

geesh its 11 am and I have been up for a whole half hour.

I have the strangest dreams...so weird that it wakes me and I lay there till I fall back to sleep...must be all the chemicals in my system.
Have been emailing with my SIL, she had gone through this about 10 years ago and has been to h*ll and back,,,9 sugeries in 3 years and they still haven't been able to fix the problem...she is now in cronic pain. She told me alot of things to do and not do. I asked her when I could start driving..not that I want to,,,the weather here has been anything but nice,,,kinda glad Im laid up and not dealing with the ice and cold.
My big plans for today is shower...which I have been,,,its just I know make it something important in my day...lol and Im working on a picture frame collage. I had the old gross huge collage family picture frame with the plastic gold trim,,,went and bought new ones from Costco,,,really funky. So want to get new pics and fingers crossed, hoping that the couple of pics I have there aren't stuck to the glass....yikes.
what are your plans for today? I am living through you all now...lol
Old 03-01-2006, 01:50 PM   #20  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hello girly girls

Man, what a morning! Forgot today is the first day of the month and Wal-Mart was crazy to say the least! And I went early! To top it off...they are paving the parking lot, again...so half of it was fenced off. The first of the month is really not a good time to blocking off 1/2, (it was actually about 3/4) of the parking lot. What were they thinking? Anyway, I survived. Another very warm day here again. I'm not complaining, but it's just weird to be having 80 degree weather when it is supposed to be cold. Of course it is supposed to drop down in the 50's tomorrow. Anywho...

Hope everyone is fine.

JANE...have a safe, fun trip to DW! See ya when ya get back.

ANGIE...you are welcome for the card. I can never remember how long a letter/card takes to get to Canada and meant to send it sooner but set it on the table and almost forgot about it. How are you feeling today?

NANCY...poor kitty. I too would wait to have the carpets replaced. Hopefully all goes well with the chemo and he goes into remission.

Hi to everyone else

Not much on the agenda for today. Ran a few errands this morning, bought groceries, got gas (for my vehicle), blah, blah, blah... Going to go and wash Josh's truck a little later, or possible wash it myself. That thing is just sitting in the driveway collecting dirt! Would rather just pay to drive it through, so much easier. Just going to take it easy the rest of the day and get some laundry done...open the doors and some windows. It is really nice outside, I hate to stay inside. Anyway...

Take care ladies and have a wonderful day! HAPPY 1st DAY of MARCH!
Old 03-01-2006, 03:29 PM   #21  

Height: 5'1"

Hi gals!

Jane--Have a wonderful trip!! Don't get too stressed out trying to get everything in order before you leave. You need to arrive calm and relaxed. (yeah right....to darn excited to see Katie right!)

Jules--Glad to hear that your DD is able to not have a nasty divorce. I was lucky w/my ex. We talk. In fact, we get along better now than we ever did togther. Now....a friend of mine....she was a whole different story. Feel for her.

Angie--You poor girl, if you're living through us...well through me, you're bored out of your mind!! My sister will be here tomorrow and I've got to clean up. At least make it look like I spent time cleaning anyway! Did Brandon not get the second surgery on his foot?? Or is this another foot problem?? Poor guy! Hugs to you and all your family!!

Nancy--How old did you say your cat was? Poor thing. Hope the chemo helps and that he's all better once it's all done.

Cristi--Did you find a house? You mentioned something about a builder. Does this mean you're having one built? I'm so out of the loop. Never know whats going on. I need to get my act together and keep up w/you all! We have a small Walmart....not a super one...here in town. I have never paid attention if it was busier any time of the month.

Not much going on around here except pick up the place and make myself some breakfast. Feeling tired. I stayed up too late to watch Amazing Race when I got home. A two hour show. Why couldn't I have just watched it today after I had gotten up???

Ok, I'm hungry so off I go!
Old 03-01-2006, 07:03 PM   #22  
RosieKate

Default ...and its a gold for Team Cardigan!

I hope the thumbnail looks ok....

anyhoo - here she is folks, the Knitting Olympics project you've all been reading about It's called the Rockstar Cardigan...

Katy
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sweater.JPG (34.5 KB, 23 views)

Old 03-01-2006, 08:23 PM   #23  
Give me strength

nice....
great color and style,
Old 03-01-2006, 11:12 PM   #24  
Nancy

Love the sweater - can you share the pattern???? Is it your basic yarn/over type pattern???
Old 03-02-2006, 08:36 AM   #25  
RosieKate

Yeah - lots of yarn overs, and psso.... The pattern is Rockstar Cardigan from Alchemy and you can get it from WEBS ( yarn.com)

If you decided to knit it , pm me first. The pattern is not written well and I have some tips for you so you don't suffer like I did.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:44 AM   #26  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Good morning,

Just popping in really quickly to say hi. Have fun Jane.

Will try and pop in later and catch up.

Katy love the sweater.

Kathy
Old 03-02-2006, 10:00 AM   #27  
a work in progress

Good morning, ladies

Katy, that sweater is beautiful! Love the lacy kind of look, and fantastic cranberry color, too... I can't believe you finished the whole thing just during the Olympics

Angie, glad to hear you are feeling as good as you are, but keep resting. General anesthaesia does weird things to you for a while -- my whole first week after surgery I laid on the couch watching TV, drifting in and out of sleep. Your body needs a while to recuperate just from being put under, let alone recuperating from the surgery.

Jane, hope you have a great time at WDW! And I know you will be so happy to visit w/Katie We have our plans set for DL for Spring Break, but Tim is talking about going to WDW next. I've never been, and he hasn't been since he was a kid.

Nancy, sorry to hear about your kitty. Hoping the treatment will be successful...always hard when a beloved pet gets so sick.

Cristi, just read that they are closing down the oldest shopping mall in our city, tearing it all down, and putting in an open air mall with a Walmart that includes a grocery store -- a first for our area, I think.

Marti, housework seems to be never ending, doesn't it? I think I have every dish in the house washed, then look in the sink and there is always one cup and one spoon left. Or I think I have ALL of the laundry done, and sure enough, there is one sock and a T-shirt left in the hamper. What's that old saying? "A man may work from sun to sun, but a woman's work is never done."

Hi to everyone else...Argh...still hurts to type for very long...have to type a few sentences at a time and rest. Thumb is still numb and not working right, and several places in my arm still hurt really bad. Supposed to go back to work on 3/23, but see the doctor again next week and she'll decide then, or if I need physical therapy, or if she will only send me back half time for a while, or...? And work is pressuring me about how long I'll be off. Jeez, I worked up until the day before surgery, and scheduled to come back 6 weeks after, what more do they want? I can't go back until I can do the stupid job. A girl I work with who has the same problem as me, except it wasn't operable, went through **** with management. Wasn't until she got a lawyer that they backed off and different position that didn't require typing magically opened up for her.

Have to go to the dentist today, ugh. Have an old filling that has been replaced twice, and now has a cavity under it again, and probably there's more filling there than tooth, so I think he will do a crown. *Hopefully* he won't decide it needs a root canal. God, I hate going to the dentist, and I am such a chicken. Please hold good thoughts for me ladies...

Alright, better hit the shower before I have to cross town in morining rush hour to go to my dental doom...is it too early for a margarita? Or three?
Old 03-02-2006, 12:21 PM   #28  
kitty Momo

Good Morning -

Nice sweater Katy! Hi Kathy

Gaby had a dentist appt today Kaite - but going to have to cancel because she is totally out of her mind tired. She started crying when I took my shower before her bath this morning. She sat in the tub crying and crying. Lord, help me!

I need to get files together for my 6 month review - supervisor wants to see 20 reviews that I have done. Yada yada. I need to grab 4 more and make sure there is nothing wrong before I hand them over and I have to fill out a self evaluation but I might beg off til Monday on that so I can have time to reflect and ponder why I am a site manager - lol whatEVER.

I have a successful donut/coffee social going twice a month. I had one yesterday and brought Gaby with me. Maybe that is why she is so tired because I woke her up at 5:30 and said "rise and shine" she just replies - turn off the light, I am tired.
haha

anyway,drama with Rach continues - basically has been not coming home twice over the last month on the weekend and had the police track her down. She skipped school last Friday and I had her picked up Saturday-she resisted and they had to handcuff her for transport- she has been in a youth runaway program since. HOPE she will come home tomorrow. She has Kaiser now and have a Sat appt for counseling and signed her up for Lacrosse. She really needs to take this all seriously because she is one step away from being to sent to an alternative school, whcih might be what she needs, who knows.

extremely tiring.

Go with Mikes ex tomorrow for a court thing. He hasn't seen that daughter since June and he is wanting visitation with her. Honestly , I think he should. Lets see if he makes arrangements to see Gaby at his fathers home???

yada, yada.....better get to files!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:10 PM   #29  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hello ladies...

MARTI...no, we are not having a house built. I'm not sure what I said about a builder (too lazy to go back and look, lol) but the houses we've looked at the builders own the houses. Anyway, we have found a house and the builder didn't accept our offer, which we didn't think he would. But it was a starting point to get a feel of where to go next. He countered and we accepted. So the house is ours but not, lol. It's ours as long as someone doesn't come in with a better offer, or we don't sell ours. Within the next few weeks we are going to push our house to get it sold fast. A pain in the booty to say the least. Hope you have a GREAT time with your sis when she gets there!

SUSAN...hopefully, Rachel straightens up soon. I know that's the last thing you need is drama from her. Especially, after all the drama with Mike! But who knows, maybe like you said the alternative school is what she needs.

KATY...love the sweater! You did a GREAT job and I love the color! Also, you are looking good yourself missy! You look different from the last photo I saw of you, in a good way of course-a lot slimmer.

MARYKATE...sure hope your arm gets to feeling better soon. And what is up with work? Jeez, you haven't even been home very long and already they want you back?! Sending good vibes for your trip to the dentist. : I too am afraid of the dentist and really need to get there soon. Just can't bear the thought of going.

Hi KATHY and NANCY, and of course ANGIE, SUE, JULES and everyone else.

Had some errands to run this morning and now just going to spend some time on the computer. Need to catch up on my e-mails, have gotten lazy with that. Too busy looking up other stuff. Need to dust and vacuum also and fold laundry. Did it yesterday and have a load in the basket in my room and a load I left in the dryer. Don't know why I am feeling so lazy and tired the last few days. Anyway...

Take care ladies and have a good day!
Old 03-02-2006, 01:17 PM   #30  
Give me strength

Susan, ya that is alot of drama for one person to have to deal with...hope things settle down, and Rach realizes how crazy her actions are going to cause on her future. Give Miss Gaby a hug,,poor lil sleepy baby.

Katie, I found that Im doing great.... found thou that I have the nastiest dreams. I used to have one dream a week possibly but now nightmare after nightmare. I hope your work doesn't give you a hard time any more. I know the way Im feeling and probably will feel even better in a couple of weeks that I could go back,,,but just don't want to. Going to take the full 6 weeks off. Have alot of small plans for around the house.

I was woken by a flower shop saying they have a del for me. Not sure who would be sending me more flowers...Ive had afew already.
Brandon's foot appointment is for the one foot he didnt' have surgery on. He and his Dr. decided back in June that he was going fantstic and wouldn't need to do another surgery. Ya well he does. Hes in agony. At the very least Im going to ask for that he gets a cortison shot in each ankle so he can do basic things...

Do any of you ladies ever have a problem with smelling? I may think this is a good thing to some extent,,,but I can't open the fridge with out smelling something gross. The guys all can't smell anything,,,I even taste it. in sealed packages. Again is this the effects of the drugs they gave me or do I have a SUPER smeller? I cleaned the fridge,,,washed down everything...fresh box of arm and hammer. Freezer too.

well Brandon is home he can get the flowers, I need a nap.
Closed Thread