Old 02-13-2006, 08:45 AM   #1  

Default Time For Serious Fun #124

TIME FOR SERIOUS FUN

We are a thread dedicated to making losing weight a pleasant experience. We laugh, cry and talk together. We have challenges, points for staying on program, drinking our water, and exercising. We have a daily topic to join in. Our only focus is to help us realize that dieting and all that goes with it need not be unpleasant, but can be fun. Come join the fun here at Time for Serious Fun! Everyone is Welcome!

TOPICS:

Monday: Mission Monday New mission each week
Tuesday: Target Tuesday We target something to work on
Wednesday: Wednesday's Woes Our day to complain about anything and everything
Thursday: Time for Us Thursday The day set aside to pamper us!
Friday: Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. Report our losses!

POINTS VALUES:

STAYING ON PROGRAM IS 2 POINTS
DRINKING YOUR WATER IS 1 POINT
EXERCISING IS 1 POINT

POSTING A WTG: A WTG IS WHEN SOMETHING NON WEIGHT LOSS HAPPENS TO YOU LIKE A NEW DRESS IN A SMALLER SIZE. TO POST A WTG, USE ALL CAPS AND POST IT IN PINK. FOR EXAMPLE: WTG: I rode my bike 2 miles instead of one today
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:49 AM   #2  

MONDAY: Today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is 4pters. Let's try and get a good week of the ole 4pters in girls!

Julie: Hey, I think anyone that is over 40 and can do what you are doing should be applauded, so here goes....

Well, the codeine they gave Jack helped him to sleep some so I am sure he is on the mend. I am sick and tired of this stuff though. I can't stand not having the energy to clean and use my treadmill and such.

I need to get going and get my morning chores going. You all have a great day today! I am looking forward to posting those 4pters from you!

Faye
Old 02-13-2006, 01:18 PM   #3  
It is what it is...

Afternoon all, well it is Monday, so another start to a long week, ha! I had a couple of week moments over the weekend but all in all did not do too bad, still not a perfect non-cheating weekend though like I wanted, would help if dh would stick to his plan too!

Kim - Yes I remember you, come back around !!

Julie - Did I miss something? You are not 40 yet? Right?

Faye - Hope you are feeling better soon ( and Jack of course - sounds like he is worse ).

Amanda and Leann -

Gotta run so just wanted to pop in and say "hi!" to all, will try and pop back in more later or tomorrow!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 05:06 PM   #4  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hey all,

Today is the first day of my new plan - wooo-hooooo! I am looking forward to seeing some excellent results! The thing with this no carbs in the evening thing is you just can't help but eat alot of veg - I had carbs and veg for lunch, and then protein and veg for tea - I feel so healthy!

FAYE - Sorry Jack is so sick, hope it's not too serious. Love the new avatar!

JULIE - You go girl - wow, that is alot of exercise! I think you should definately eat 1800+ cals on days with that much exercise.

LEE - Congrats on the 1lb loss!

CARRI - Sounds like your weekend wasn't a total washout - you didn't mention the P word so it couldn't have been that bad!

KIM - Welcome back! Congrats on the weight loss - you must feel great. If i am corrrect, a healthy BMI is between 23 and 25, so you are a healthy weight now - well done!

Hi to Susan!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 06:58 AM   #5  

TUESDAY: Today is Target Tuesday and our target this week is Carbs. They aren't bad, just have to be controlled. Try eating low carb/no carb pastas that are now on the market, read up on what carbs are good and limit the bad ones.

TO MY FAVORITE GALS, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

I think we are finally getting Jack on the mend and there is always hope for me!

Have a wonderful day today girls!

Faye
Old 02-14-2006, 09:16 AM   #6  

Complex carbs are good for us - try a new grain - barley, quinona, wheat berries. Makes a nice change from pasta or rice. There are many out there.

Simple carbs are not so good - they are the white flour, sugar, white rice, etc. type stuff and really need to be limited.

4 points for yesterday.

Amanda - won't it be great if we could always remember how good healthy eating makes us feel!

Now to get through Valentine's day. I am the recipient of a dish of assorted chocolates here at work - put it out on the counter for everyone else to enjoy and get it out of my sight!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 06:24 AM   #7  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes, a day to gripe about anything.

Susan

Hope everyone has a great day today!

Faye
Old 02-15-2006, 06:41 AM   #8  

Hi all,
2 points for me yesterday. I ate some valentine chocolate. THe calories I'm not too worried about, but I started eating "without thinking"--so I'm not counting my op points for that.

Today's a dance day, and I don't ususally skate bec. I have to teach 2 classes. But I really want to! My body could use a break after the last 2 days. But I really want to! And next week is school vacation so there will be too many kids at the rink for me to really do anything....sigh. I'll probably go anyway. We'll see.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 12:29 PM   #9  
It is what it is...

Afternoon Girls ... I had a 4 pointer yesterday, worked my butt off at they gym with some cardio and weights ... my upper arms are really sore today...

OK MY WOE IS ... that I have been sticking to plan ( well 95% of the time, weekends are bad for me you know ) and even going to the gym 3 times a week and the scale has been stuck at the same weight for two weeks !!!!
I think it is too early in the game for a plateau but I guess one never knows...I am going to get TOM tomorrow or Friday so I am hoping I can see a loss next week...I mean how frustrating !!!!

I hope everyone had a good Valentines Day yesterday, me and dh did nothing except go to the gym together ... romantic huh?

Well hope you all have a good OP day, talk later!!
Satine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 05:47 AM   #10  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so take some time for you today!

Julie
Carri

Carri: That's a bummer, but hang in there, I am sure those ole scales with drop soon! Hey, just thing about how much all that exercise will improve your romance!

Julie: Hope your classes went well.

I have a plumber coming early this AM so I have to make sure the house is all ok so I got up early to get started. I hope they are on time as the water RUNS in our bathtub tap and boy will that run up the ole utility bill. Jack has been crawling into the attic and turning the hot water on and off so it doesn't run all the time. This stuff is so ancient, but we can't afford to have the walls ripped out to replace everything.

Everyone have a great day today!

Faye
Old 02-16-2006, 04:50 PM   #11  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Not feeling so good - TOM has hit hard and made me go off plan and I'm beating myself up about it. I just can't seem to get it together at the moment - I've been trying hard with my new plan and eating really well for breakfast and lunch, then blown it in the evning with pizza because I feel crappy. I'm hoping it's just TOM, but I have been feeling down recently which doesn't help - I'll try again tomorrow I guess!

Love Amanda x
Old 02-17-2006, 06:06 AM   #12  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Friday Follies and our folly poll for this week is, what's the worst thing you ever did to your sibling (if you have one)?

Morning gals! My poll answer is hard because I was always on the receiving end of everything. My younger sister was horrible. We lived in a small town like Mayberry when I was growing up and you didn't get home postal delivery, you had to go and pick it up at the post office. I was a jr in high school, was responsible for my two siblings and running the house and had to walk to the post office to get the mail one summer's day (my mom was working) and when I got back, my sister had tied my 11 yr old brother to a tree out in the summer heat. She got mad at him about something and to punish him tied him to a tree. She was not quite Nelly Olsen of Little House on the Prairie, but she wasn't far off!

Maybe the worst thing I did was marry Jack. She tried to "get" him and he ignored her. She is now in a lousy marriage with a very ego maniac man.

Amanda: Just try hard to eat better things even if you feel the need to overeat. Make a homemade pizza with less cheese and more veggies, etc until you feel more like yourself. Women get screwed when it comes to losing weight because hormones play such a huge roll in our well being so just hang in there and remember it only lasts about a week. Oh, and try to prepare ahead of time for your next period. Have stuff in the house that is good to eat and filling in case of the bingy feeling you can't control! Like a boy scout, BE PREPARED!

I am not a happy camper. The plumber came, fixed the faucets, but took the pipe and everything for the spout saying he would have to go to parts and get a new one. He isn't coming back until late this afternoon so we have no way to bathe! On top of that, Jack had to CALL to make sure they were going to come back today because no one called us with a time. He was also an hour late even though we were the first call he made, then charged us for 2 hours work even though he was only here an hour! Get this, the parts cost 60 cents and the bill was $200! I got up to go to the bathroom and found that the sink is still dripping that he supposedly fixed! On top of that, we bought the new garage opener and they have yet to call with an install appt. We called them yesterday afternoon and the girl got snippy about our contract reading they had 48 hours to call and set up an appt and Jack told her it was 50 hours when we called. She aquiesced and said she would check and call back, which she never did. If they don't call today, I am going back to Lowes and blow my stack! (Jack is not a forceful person when it comes to stuff like this and so I am going to have to be the butt kicker here) We bought 5 appliances, all our paint and supplies for the whole condo, all new lighting for the whole condo, some furniture and some small appliances there when we bought the condo and I am crawling up the manager's behind and tell them we won't even buy another light bulb in there if they don't get their act together and get our install done. I am going to tell him that we shouldn't have to pay for something that they didn't follow through with (of course the payment for this stuff has already gone through my bank! They are johnny on the spot with that!)

Have to go girls! Have a great weekend if I don't get back in here.

Faye
Old 02-17-2006, 07:20 AM   #13  

Faye, you scare me sometimes!!

3 points for me yesterday, not quite enough water.

Amanda, I hear you on the TOM thing. I'm in the same boat. I WANT SWEETS! I bought some skinny cows, ate one, and then went upstairs to watch the Olympics. I've never had a tv in my room before, but it's the only place we get good enough reception to watch NBC. I have to say, it's not too comfortable, but I don't go back and forth to the refrigerator all night.

Carrie, hang in there--your plateaus never last long.

Everyone have a great day!

Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 07:42 AM   #14  

Just popping in.. lots of packing, cleaning and throwing out of old crud...

3 points for thye last few days.. i hate water.

-Lee Ann
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:08 AM   #15  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

Well today is a new day and I will try again to stay on track - I've worked out that if I manage to stay OP for today, and all weekend then I will have been OP for 4 out of 7 days, which is actually quite good for me! I feel alot better today and realise that beating myself up is not helpful - this is the first week of a new plan and it's TOM so there was bound to be some problems! The good thing is I've been having some really healthy meals and other than pizza, I've cut right down on the processed stuff. Yesterday for lunch, I made stuffed peppers with veg and couscous - very tasty and really low fat and healthy. So all is not lost - I have made positive changes this week, so I'll focus on that.

I did my cycle class at the gym today and it was the toughest one ever! It was a new instructor and the first thing he said was 'I like my classes to be tough and challenging' - now I like them tough, but boy this guy was in a league of his own! He kept making us sprint at really high resistance, and if he thought you weren't working hard enough he'd get off his bike and come and turn your resistance up higher! My legs were like jelly by the end and my face is only just calming down after 2 hours - maybe it was my punishment for having that pizza last night!

I was meant to visit my friend today but I rang and she said she'd been burgled in the night whilst they were asleep - I'm not sure how much was taken, but their only car has been stolen from outside. I feel really bad for them as they have a new baby and need the car to get around. They are insured, but who knows how long it will take to sort that out.

FAYE - Sorry for all your problems with the plumber - a good tradesman is like golddust - once you find one, never let them go!

JULIE - Good for you for not giving in to your sweet cravings - I have been very weak willed this month!

LEE - Hope the clearing and packing goes okay - you can call that your exercise!

CARRI - I'm sure the weight will drop after your TOM is over - I predict you will lose at least 3lb!!

Love Amanda x