Old 02-24-2006, 04:43 AM   #31  

FRIDAY: Today is Fabulous Lbs Down Friday. What kind of losses do we have to report?

Gals, won't be back in here until Monday so you all have a great weekend!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:29 PM   #32  

Hi Everyone!
Not weighing today..but hope you all have a great weekend!
Julie
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2006, 09:38 AM   #33  

3 points yesterday...not enough water. We go through phases where our water tastes like sulphur and then a few days later it's fine....sigh. We need a system filter.

Now that the olympics are over, I can get back to a normal existence!

TTFN,
Julie
Old 02-27-2006, 07:00 AM   #34  

Morning everyone.

Guess Faye's not here yet. I hope you had a great time, Faye.

I've been experimenting with the idea that I may have a sensitivity to wheat/gluten rather than just "carbs" in general and I think I've proven to myself that I do. I've been recording my weight whenever I eat bread, pasta, or other "bready" things...mind you, I only eat whole wheat--so it's not just the "bad white carbs" I'm talking about....every time I eat so much as a sandwich or a 1 cup serving of WWpasta, I gain 4 pounds the next day Then a couple of days later, it's back down to normal. Weird. So, if I can just manage to stay away from the bread--HA! I love bread--and Lee, we had a revel here this weekend with Patti's homemade bread!!! Seriously, though, I think if I could just stay away from it, stick to veggies and fruit and a bit of meat, I'd be down to goal in no time. Sigh. I'm trying the gluten free stuff on a lark, we'll see if it helps.

Well, gotta go wake up the kids....Oh, Lee, that bday card you got for Ben was hilarious! and, of course, he loved the $$ Thanks!

TTFN everybody.
Julie
Old 02-27-2006, 07:39 AM   #35  

MONDAY: today is Mission Monday and our mission this week is exercise routine or schedule. Let's all try to make up some kind of routine, with varied exercise to keep us focused and a fairly rigid time frame to keep us going!

Julie

Julie: Boy, it sounds like you have a real possible issue with glutens, huh? Who knows why our bodies do what they do? Hope what you are doing helps you right out!

We had a nice weekend. Anytime Jack and I get away together we have fun. I did win $253 on a penny slot machine, but I was down about that much so pretty much came out even

We are trying to get everything ready for my older sister's visit April 1. I need to shampoo carpets again and I want to do touch up painting, clean the deck up for spring, stuff like that. I made a list and I hope to start with the painting today after doing my normal Monday cleaning. My back and hip are giving me trouble so I am hoping I can work that out and get the stuff done I need to.

Please keep my dil's father in your thoughts and prayers. He has a really bad heart and I got an email from her last night and he is going downhill fast. He is Jack's age, but got into BIG trouble many many years ago with dope and had been in prison since then so he is not exactly getting top notch care. He is supposed to be released next year I think, but with the way things are, he may not live that long.

Hope everyone has a super day!

Faye
Old 02-27-2006, 03:51 PM   #36  

Well, another two tae kwon do classes have come and gone and I'm completely hooked!

Because I've already fought for 10 years in a different setting, they invited me (a lowly white belt) to sparring practice where they just beat on each other until one gives. I surprised them by accepting all their heavy hits and blocking most every punch, but they kicked my poor behind with their kicks!

Also, I'm so used to a weapon adding another 25 to 35 inches to my reach that I just couldn't hit them! I always ended up punching just short of their bodies! I was getting a lot of help from the top student (who's 8 years old...) and all I can say is... it was SO MUCH FUN!!

I'm absolutely in love with this and it's revving me up for another 10 year tour in the SCA. (Even hubby is thinking about getting into it.)

My next class is tonight... I can't wait!
-Lee Ann

1 point... exercising and loving it! Don't know if I've been OP or not because I've been practising my kicks day and knight (pun intended, Julie!).. LOL
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 07:29 AM   #37  

DO NOT POST HERE BUT JOIN US AT #125