Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 07:50 AM   #31  
GmaTo8

A good Monday morning to you!

Sue - our house should be ready to do the painting, etc. before Mother's Day. Maybe even Easter if we're lucky. I'm thankful we've had such an easy winter to take down trees, move sheds, etc. We're hoping to be moved in before Katie gets home, but that might be pushing it. One of the things I love best about it is the fireplace, and we probably won't get to use it until fall, lol. Maybe a couple of times. You're doing great with your food choices!

Marti - glad you and Jhanai always have such a good time. Did you cut her hair to one length, or can you do layers? Bet it's cute as can be.

Mindee - I bookmarked the Self site to check out later. Our DGDs just love Max and Ruby. Some of the shows available are really educational, like Dora the Explorer. Sorry your friend is treating you badly. Well, you have lots of friends here who care about you. We'll all be cyber-godmothers, how's that?

I went shopping with Mary yesterday, and the girl about walked my legs off, lol. Talk about "shop til you drop", lol.

Not much going on today. Might be going to the movies with my friend Debbie while Neal bowls tonight. She wants to see Nanny McPhee, and although I'm not too crazy about that, I'll go since we're buddies. Her DH won't go, lol.

Have a great day!
Old 02-13-2006, 11:57 AM   #32  
a work in progress

hello...

Thanks for all your kind words. I hurt but at least it's over with - what a relief. I was a wreck before surgery -- sick to my stomach for several days, couldn't eat, only slept about 2 hours the night before. I sort of had a panic attack the morning of surgery. Tim couldn't find a parking place (it was 5:45 am so the parking garage still had a locked gate), and he tried to drop me off in front while he found a place to park, but I couldn't get out of the car. I started crying, and he said, "well, what do you want to do?" I told him to drive me to Canada. It was the furthest place I could think of to drive. He told me that he didn't think he could get me back in time for my surgery, and I said, "Who said I was coming back?" Anyway, the stupid garage finally opened, and I went in and got it over with. If I have to go back in for another surgery, I will ask for some anti-anxiety drugs next time.

I've been reading through the threads, hurts too much to type right now, but will come back later.

One-armed hugs,
Mary Kate
Old 02-13-2006, 01:23 PM   #33  
GmaTo8

Mary Kate - <---- from me to you, friend. Get lots of rest and let your family pamper you, ok?
Old 02-13-2006, 04:54 PM   #34  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Mary Kate~ I agree with Jane, get lots of rest and let your family pamper you!

Jane~ Brandon and Logan were watching Blues Clues and Dora earlier today. I think Logan watched more of the shows then Brandon, he was more into walking around the house playing with our shoes. That sounds good to me!
Old 02-13-2006, 09:09 PM   #35  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Hello ladies...

Just dropping by with a quick hi, sort of...I say sort of because you would not believe how long it has taken me to get to this page! I tried getting on earlier today for a little over an hour and finally just gave up. Keep getting the server is busy stuff. I can't type in 3fatchicks.com/forum because that will not come up. So have to got through 3fatchicks then click on forum and for some reason it is loading as slow as molasses! Jeez, louise! I did get to read page 2 today and then clicked on page 3 and again kept getting the busy server. If it was everything acting up like this I would say it was my computer, but everything is fine except this site and I have tried everything to correct it. So, may not be around too much if I don't get it fixed somehow. Anyway, blah, blah, blah...I am pooped! Busy weekend and day today. Had the carpet cleaned today so had to get up early and get some things done that I didn't get done yesterday. At least V and I had a nice relaxing V-Day dinner tonight. Never go out on V-Day...too many people. ALthough....there were quite a few people out tonight. Think they were thinking the same thing we were thinking. Anyway...

MARYKATE...consider yourself hugged! At least it is over and now you can focus on getting better...and letting everyone dote on you!

MARTI...hope you had a great girls weekend!

JANE...we've seen several houses we like...that's the problem! I think we are seriously considering two though. Don't know why it seems so much harder this time. I think that movie looks kinda cute. I probably wouldn't go see it at the show but if it came on cable I would watch it. Just enjoy your night with your friend-that's what it's all about.

Hi to everyone else

I think I am headed to the bedroom. Going to try and get in some reading before I pass out. This definitely will be an early night for me. Will try and get on tomorrow, but if not...enjoy the day whatever you do!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY to you!
Old 02-14-2006, 08:54 AM   #36  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Katie, you are always welcome to come stay with me up here in Canada. But I sure am glad you got your surgery. Big one arm hugs to you!

Jane, funny, I used to shop till I dropped come home all exhausted.

Mindy, when Tanner was 4 months old his pacifier was recalled, his favorite one of course. Took forever for us to find a replacement. But when I called the company to say I had bought two, they asked me to toss them. Took my address and within a week had a huge box of dozen sent right to my door. None were what he wanted, didn't open the packs, just stuck them into gift bags for friends who had just had babies.

gotta run, Tanner has band practise...hate Tuesdays,,,having to wake 1earlier...arghhh

Back, Crazy drivers! geesh, I hate the Deerfoot in the am.

Marti, sounds like you did what we did, relaxed. I watched tv, hung out. more tv, ate , more tv. Note to self,,,don't watch the food chanel. They had a bbq burger cookoff. My mouth was watering the whole time.

Anyone with big plans for tonight? I will be making a nice dinner, once Im home from work.

Last edited by da fat n da furious; 02-14-2006 at 10:12 AM.
Old 02-14-2006, 02:10 PM   #37  
GmaTo8

Happy Valentines Day!

Mindee - I bought the DGDs lots of dressup clothes. They really like shoes and necklaces, too, lol.

Cristi - the movie was pretty good... could've waited for it to come out in video, yet it was fun to go with a friend. She's the kind that always makes me laugh.

Angie - Neal and I did lunch instead of dinner. We drove to an Amish restaurant and got there early, but there were still about 50 people ahead of us. I was thinking about going somewhere else, then Neal started talking to the guy in line in front of us, about retirement. So we stayed. The food was worth it.

I've been making calls to companies who do house demolitions. A couple of them are supposed to come by and give an estimate. It's going to be a sad sad day for Neal the day this old place comes down. I'll be sad for him, because he has so many memories here. But a little bitty part of me will be saying, "Woo-freakin-hoo!!".

I ate too much lunch and now I need a nap, but it's about 54 degrees out, so I'm going for a walk instead.

See ya on the flip side.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:03 PM   #38  
One day at a time

Smile

Hello and a Happy V-Day ladies!

Look what's new! So cute...I love them! Anyway, hope everyone is have a wonderful day! I think I solved my problem with getting here, hopefully. Not really sure what the problem is or has been. But went thru IE and it is fine, everything is working GREAT! Thought I would check in while I eat lunch. MMMM, subway tuna...yummy to my tummy

ANGIE...so what's for dinner tonight? And what time is dinner?! Hehehe Now are you getting as nervous about having surgery? I know it's fast approaching.

JANE...glad you had a nice night out with your friend and a nice lunch with Neal. There's an Amish town about an hour from us I am going to have to go to one day soon. They have a restaurant also and as much as you talk about the one you guys go to it makes me want to go and try it. They are supposed to have good food and are known for their delicious cinnamon rolls. We went through the town once to go to the state fair and I took a picture of a lady and child in their buggy. Just think it is cool the way they live and still ride in the horse and buggy rather than drive. But then you see some in Wichita who do drive and shop at Wal-Mart-I see that quite a bit.

Hi to everyone else

Well, we don't have anything special planned. V has to work late which was another reason we did dinner last night. So, I'll spend a quiet night watching tv. May start another book. I finally finished the one I was reading. Anyway...take care ladies and have a wonderful day!

Last edited by FrouFrou; 02-14-2006 at 03:30 PM.
Old 02-14-2006, 03:38 PM   #39  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies--

Just a quick post for me today. James has a really bad cold and I believe he decided to share w/me!

Feeling really congested and icky. So I'm going to make some tea and rest on the couch, I'm still going to work.....I'll stay home if it starts getting so bad it hurts to move.

Anyway, just wanted to say hello and I will pop in later when I start feeling better.

Have Happy Valentines Day!!
Old 02-14-2006, 11:23 PM   #40  
Give me strength

well that was a bust!...lol dinner was hot dogs and baked fries. I got home late and ended up not wanting to cook a big meal so I have made a promise of turkey for this weekend,,,
Jane, I don't know what Amish food is but I want some.

Marti get some cold fx. Or go to the health food store and get something that will stop your cold.

Cristi,,,thats what Im going to have tomorrow. Subway tuna. I just love tuna,,,with dill, and lots of onions.

I got a beautiful ring for valentines day. And a hint that Im getting another for our 20th anniversary. He had a hard time choosing so I can see the plan is he will get both...which is fine...I love rings..lol

I kinda had a rough day today, the pain is getting to me. day 5-6 without anything and Im down right miserable. 1 week to go, and ya Im ready. The only real thing Im worried about is the total meltdown Ive heard woman go through after. I can handle the pain, lived with it for this long.
And ya Marti I wish you all lived near by,,,
Old 02-15-2006, 01:04 PM   #41  
One day at a time

Smile Happy Hump Day!

Hi ladies...

Kind of quiet around here the last couple of days. Hope everyone is okay.

ANGIE...is there not anything that you can take for the pain? You still have another week, right? So what kind of ring did ya get? I love rings too! But don't have a lot, just don't wear too much jewelry. And a turkey dinner sounds good! Enjoy your tuna today! I like with a little bit of onion and lots of pickles!

MARTI...hope you are feeling better today.

Hi to everyone else

Well, I was up early this morning to get my grocery shopping done. Was in and out in less than an hour and hardly no one was in the store, which I love! Then ran on over to the mall to get lotion. Thought I would try some new scents and went with the new Chinese Cherry something, and brown sugar/fig...they smell heavenly! Loved the girl working in there-so cheery-kept calling me and DD Chickies & girly girls! I want whatever she had for breakfast! Also, picked up a catalog at Penneys and some perfume at Dillards. V left a coupon that he made, on my night table telling me to get some since he saw I was out. He was going to get it but had no idea where to get it. I thought I would try something different (Sarah Jessica Parker's-Lovely-heard it was good) but I love my Eternity too much! Maybe next time. I thought that was sweet of him. I was happy with dinner and the flowers and card. Now, just gotta run to walgreens in a few to get some cotton balls...can't believe I forgot to get them. And they were on my list! Then get some milk from the dairy. Anyway, nothing much on the agenda for today. Going to move the furniture and get all the little spongy things the cleaners put under everything, and of course vacuum before putting the furniture back. They did a really good job cleaning the carpet and moved a lot of the furniture-it looks good. Anyway...

Take care ladies and hope you are having a wonderful day!
Old 02-15-2006, 07:07 PM   #42  
GmaTo8

Hi ladies,

Cristi - the Amish food is so good, and old fashioned, but they have added some healthier choices, too, in the past decade or so. Neal bought a loaf of the iced cinnamon raisin bread that is to die for. You got the new Penney's catalog for Spring and Summer? Look on page 896, at the bottom, see the cream and blue wedding ring quilt set? That's what I got for our guest room. Two twin bed quilts, 2 dust ruffles, 2 pillow shams, 2 sets of curtains and 2 valances. Do you think that will look ok in my country home?

Marti - how nice of James to share, tee hee. Hope you're feeling better today. Were you able to go to work last night?

Angie - aww, so sorry you're in pain. Wish I could help you! Seven more days and it will all be over! Come to Indiana after your surgery, and I'll pamper you silly.

Well, today I cleaned the house and got the laundry done. My sister Katie visited, which almost never happens, so that was nice. Tomorrow is Caylin's turn to spend the day with me, and we're going grocery shopping. I always end up with more in the cart when a DGD tags along, lol.

Have a good one!
Old 02-15-2006, 09:57 PM   #43  
Give me strength

Cristi, or should I say Chickie...*smile I am getting close to empty with touch of pink which Monte bought me last year for Valentines, and the fact that we can't wear perfume at work tells me that I must of loved that smell. I go between Chi (some designer name, my mom bought it thinking I would like it brought with me to Cuba so when I do wear it it reminds me of Cuba), Touch of Pink and Gold Leaf by Thyme (has a hint of baby powder that I like)
My ring is an anniversary band, white gold with 5 diamonds across. He had a hard time choosing between that and an emerald... Told him not worry Mother's Day is coming,,,ha ha

Jane, I want Amish food! And I like the sound of your new spare room colors. What shade of blue?

Well today is alot better for pain, yesterday I just felt like I was in labour, bakc pain and all.
I was suppose to go and weigh in tonight,,,but there is a bit of a storm happening,,,don't wanna go out in it. Figured I did the grocery shopping after dropping Tan off at his school dance, hes going home with Zack to have a sleep over,,,so didn't have a good enough reason to go out again...brrr
Im gonna go curl up with my crochetting, watch a lil tv and crash early again. Slept a full 10 hours last night.
night all
Old 02-15-2006, 11:54 PM   #44  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

just stopping in to see how my girls are!

I have been browsing through recipes to get ideas for new meals to help liven up our dinner choices. We agreed to forego eating out/fast food, so wish me luck on that one!
Old 02-16-2006, 08:39 AM   #45  

Good morning everyone!

Just thought I'd check in before getting ready for the day. I'll be glad when Megan's training is over & she doesn't need me to take care of Chloe at 5 AM. I need a little more sleep. Today is my "late" day at work. I go in at 11:30 AM and work til 8 PM. So I'm getting laundry done and then have a chiropractor appt. at 10 AM. Work is so hectic lately everyone is grouchy.
Still having trouble house breaking the dog. She will go outside for a long time but then pee when she gets back in the house. It is very frustrating.
Don's youngest daughter & kids were over yesterday to keep him company. Another daughter is coming for a while this afternoon. Have to check into all the details of the Adult Day Care Center. That would be the answers to my prayers but it is very expensive. I'm going to call to see if Medicare & his insurance will help out. Keep your fingers crossed!

Time to go. Hope everyone has a good day!

Connie
Closed Thread