Closed Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 08:37 PM   #16  
GmaTo8

A quick reminder, ladies.... the boards will be closed down for some updates/repairs at midnight tonight. No Susan, we won't crash!! See you all when we're back up, which hopefully will not be too long.
Old 02-03-2006, 10:03 PM   #17  
Nancy

Connie:
I don't really know you, but I do know that with what you're going through, a little emotional eating is probably a reasonable reaction. I hope your husband gets the help he needs, and I also hope that you get the support that you need to help him through this.

I'll be thinking of you...
Old 02-03-2006, 11:29 PM   #18  
RosieKate

Wahoo - just filed my taxes online...the internet is a wonderful thing
Jane - I've heard the Wedding Crashers is really funny, so report back ya hear?

Ohhh - I drank wine while doing my taxes....not sure that was advisable.... but hey we got a refund! And I'm pretty sure I punched in all the right numbers

OK - off to watch this PBS thing my DH taped for me. Several prominent African-Americans explore thier heritage. Oprah, Chris Tucker, Quincy Jones.... I started watching it the other night and it was so good, but on too late for me. They interview these people, then take them back generation by generation as much as they can. African Americans don't have the same documentation that northern Europeans have because the slave trade didn't keep records. The Oprah interview I caught part of was raw. She has overcome alot...and she goes into detail....

Anyway...i digress

Hope y'all are having a good evening and hope the weekend is a good one. I'll be gone most of tomorrow with DS to a chess tournament. I'll try to check in and post on Sunday sometime.
Til then.....

Old 02-05-2006, 04:14 PM   #19  

Height: 5'1"

Hello girls!!

First day of not having a headache in three days!! And the sun is out! It's almost as though the weather was indication of how I'm feeling! Crazy.

I really need to get to town and get some errands done. So I shall check back in later on today.

Just wanted to say Hello and we're back on!!
Old 02-05-2006, 04:36 PM   #20  
kitty Momo

Good Super Bowl Sunday! 27 Billion calories eaten today. Lets make sure JL get their share - lol - wow that is a lot of pizza and beer.
yum.......

EDITED for food update:
Had a plate of fries
1 beer
and piece bar-b-q rib

{{{{Connie}}}} Wishing you the best and your husband. I hope you are both hanging in there today. Many prayers for you , I am glad you have such a nice supervisor

Katy - drinking and doing your taxes eh?? lol omg- it was so boring with the site down yesterday that I joined a Bachelor yahoo group. Gossip is the Dr. and Teacher have been seen at the gym down in Nashville. who knows if that is true or not but I can hope. Think she is the perfect choice.

Walking and down a pound! Thank goodness. Watching the super bowl and relaxing today. Beautiful out here in Oregon .

Chat later

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 02-05-2006 at 05:37 PM.
Old 02-05-2006, 08:40 PM   #21  
GmaTo8

Hey ladies,

Just another quick hello. I'm watching the super bowl with Neal. Well, he's watching the game, I'm watching the commercials, lol. Plus, I got to see The Rolling Stones at 1/2 time. Woo Hoo. Boy, they are really OLD, though, lol. Not me... I'm the same fresh-faced 14 year old as when I first saw them on TV, lol.

Have a good one!
Old 02-05-2006, 09:32 PM   #22  
RosieKate

Ok- Susan I'm going to have to check out that yahoo group. I lurk on a Bachelor thread over at Survivor Sucks (they have an area for other shows) and it is HI-larious! Sometimes i think it's the only reason why I watch the show.

The more I think about it the more I think you're right. The editing is totally steering away from her which means, of course , that she wins.

Everyone here is rooting for the Seahawks, being the Pacific Northwest and all, but there's an Oregon kid on the Steelers team...I mean...where's the love, folks?

Ok - back to the game

Old 02-05-2006, 10:17 PM   #23  
kitty Momo

Mick is HOT Jane - face of a prune but body of a 20 year old *sigh......what a combo.

5 beers
chips
and some more prime rib - yummy.

I geeel bloated and druskj'

lol jk

Anyway, check out the Yahoo group Katy. bunch of nice ladies. The ABC is nasty people.

k - going to get Gabster to bed and get myself to bed and back on track tomorrow. Go Seahawks!!!!!

My fave commercial were the beer ones with the bears and the guy grabs the beer and runs - leaving his friend behind.....hahaha - what a friend - geez.

Night
Old 02-05-2006, 10:21 PM   #24  

Severe headache taking control...........

But I'm going to try my best and do some individuals here!

Katy--I think doing taxes while drinking wine has GOT to be the only way to go! We haven't even received James paper work yet, so we can't touch our taxes until we do. We also have to find an accountant through the RR since he has so many deductables and stuff like that. We're pretty much tax illiterates here!

Susan--Was this not a gorgeous day for Oregon or what?! I got my errands done only to come home and lay on the couch because my head was throbbing. BBQ ribs sound soooooo good! I haven't had any in like, forever! Can I come over?

Jane--You crack me up! The rolling stones have always looked old to me! They were never a young looking bunch. Too much partying I suppose. I've turned the channel to the game only once today to see who was ahead. It was the 3rd quarter and now I can't even remember who was!

Hello to everyone else out there!

Ok, I really need to get back to my little house on the prairie show. I'm hoping the blasted headache will ease up some soon.

Hugs to all!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:25 PM   #25  
Nancy

I liked the insurance commercials (don't judge was the theme), particularly the one on the airplane.

DH begged me to make Chex Mix, which is a danger food for me. I not only made it, I managed to avoid eating more than a tiny handful.
I made lots of cut veggies and low-cal dip. I pretty much just stayed out of the room with the TV and snacks.

Feeling good about avoiding the Chex Mix (but boy, was it HARD...I love that stuff). I think I was mostly motivated by the jeans I was able to FINALLY wear today. Up until a few weeks ago, I could zip them (lying flat on my bed) but then I couldn't walk or breathe. Today I could zip them (with some effort...) and was able to wear them semi-comfortably. Another 3 lbs or so and they'll really fit and that made it worth it not to eat the Chex Mix.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:29 PM   #26  

Nancy--Must have been posting the same time. Good for you for taking control and not helping yourself to more of the chex mix! And the veggies being there was also a smart idea! Jeans are always a great motivator!! And you know it will be worth it all once you fit in them comfortably.

Ok....now like I've been meaning to do....lay on the couch!
Old 02-05-2006, 11:33 PM   #27  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Superbowl? thats football right?

I like football but I like sitting in the stands screaming my face off....so who won?

Marti,,,how long have you been getting headaches? is TOM around the corner,,,do you get them before then? (I get nasty headahces /migrains 3 days before)
Have you taken anything Advil migraine gels? works..
Susan,,,put down the beer! and Rib!
Nancy,,,what a smart woman,,,how a pair of jeans saved you!
I don't know,,,I think Mick is much too skinny,,,him and Aerosmith..Steven Tyler...
I have been working on a lil bit of this and that all day...learned to burn a cd...for whatever reason I was asked that during my interview the other morning,,,I had done ONE long time ago so figured I better refresh myself. More then half way done with the lamp shade. Gold thread,,,bronz beads,,,and gold dangly trim...yup my shade is going to be gaudy! Gotta love it.
Funeral was wonderful yesterday,,,had a good talk with the oldest daughter,,, and the widow made me laugh,,in a sad way. Married 52 years,,,highschool sweethearts. She was mad at Bobby for leaving without saying goodbye,,,and when she meets up with him she was going to be giving him a piece of her mind...ahh Chatted with my cousins,,,had dinner with my parents and then came home.

Anyone do yoga? Been told its as good as a good weight training. Will look into that... right now did some surfing of the colleges about doing some computer courses,,,again if i want a better job I need to refresh everything,,,dang if I hadn't forgetten everything...*sigh

well off to finish reading my book...
Old 02-06-2006, 12:16 AM   #28  
Not Giving Up

Height: 5'9"

Hi everyone.

Everything is finally back under control here. Got a new (used car) for going back and forth to town in. It is the cutest little geo metro. Have been out teaching the DD how to drive a standard. Gets 55 mpg and only costs $20.00 to fill it up.

Marti (((hugs))) and hope that the headaches stop. Did you have so many before you moved into the new work building?

Connie (((hugs))) to you also. Hope that your hubby is doing better. Will they phone you if they feel he is not ready to come home yet?

Angie when is it that you have your surgery? Next time you see that nurse can you just accidentally step on her foot or something? (((hugs))) to you and I am glad that you are ok, after the funeral. Always such a sad time.

Nancy WTG on the jeans. That is totally wonderful. I have a pair of pants and a top that my mother got for me for motivation. Can't wait to get into them.

Susan WTG on your pound also. Now because of your fries today, no processed cheese for you tomorrow. Well ok you can have the cheese, you just have to walk a little more to take care of it.

Mindee that is great that you are doing really well also. Amazing the workout one gets when they chase little ones.

Cristi, good luck on getting the job that you want. If only someone could invent some sort of robotical laundry our lives would be so much easier.

Jane how did you like the movie? We rented it, but I fell asleep before I had a chance to watch it. My children however really liked it.

Katy wow is it a daycare near you that is going through this scandal? The parents will probably sue and end up with a fortune over something like that.
I have never watched the bachelor.

Mel, where are you moving to?

OK I'm sorry if I forgot anyone.

Must run as DH just asked if I would give him a haircut. Good thing that Sister Act is on so that I can watch that as I am doing that.

Hope that you all have a great Monday. Will Chat later.

Kathy
Old 02-06-2006, 01:51 AM   #29  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

I promised I would be back and I tried, I really tried. I have been having computer "issues" for days. For some reason my server keeps hanging up...yes, I have the dreaded dial-up and it stinks! Sometimes I will have a long e-mail or post written and then it just dis-connects and I lose my work. Grrrrr!
SO I am going to send this real quick....
Old 02-06-2006, 01:57 AM   #30  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Okay, that worked, so maybe I can really do this tonight.
My eating has been really going well since I was sick. I have been eating lots of fruit and veggies. Little meat and bread. We even got in nice long walks for two days, which felt really, really good.
The house plans are under way and we are heading home way earlier than normal to get started. End of the month to be exact....as opposed to April. Egads! I am going to have to start cooking sooner than I usually do.
Closed Thread