Old 02-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #31  

Welcome to the group. Yes this a great bunch of gals and they have been a lifeline for me. I have a place where I can vent, get good advice, get encouragement as well as give it. I am almost 42 and raising 3 grandkids ages 3, 2 and almost 9 months along with my 9yr old son with autism. I have been trying my hand at ebay but not doing the volume that I would like. Mostly sell American girl outfits but I have thrown other things into the mix lately too. You sound like a busy gal but it can be done with some planning and looking ahead. You are already ahead in the game with a supportive hubby! We all look forward to getting to know you
Melissa
neo98292 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 07:24 PM   #32  

Hello and welcome, Laurie! You have found an awesome group here. They all have helped me lose the last of my extra pounds last summer and fall and they've been helping me stay on track and maintain since ever since then. Congrats on having the supportive hubby...some people aren't so lucky, but fortunately for me, my husband has also been extremely supportive (he also lost a lot of weight, plus he does all the cooking so it was really important to me to have his help. It sounds like you are extremely busy, but do try to schedule in some time to get started with exercise when you can. Even if it's only for a few minutes, it just makes you feel good. I hated exercising when I first started but now I look forward to my workouts and it just doesn't feel right if I miss one.

Sorry about your day yesterday, Candace. People can be such jerks. That was one thing I hated when I worked in a store. I always felt I had to be so nice no matter how bad people acted. Kudos to you Melissa for not being afraid to stand up to people like that. You are right, you shouldn't have to put up with anyone treating you badly. It's funny, when people find out that I work with teens that have academic and/or behavioral problems they think I must be crazy for thinking I have the best job in the world, but I have never, EVER had any of these kids be as disrespectful to me as some of the adults I used to have to deal with in my previous job. Sure, they have bad days, too, but for the most part if they are treated well they respond in kind. I definitely can't say that about some of the people I used to have to deal with.

So glad to see you are back, Theresa!! It sounds like you have been really busy! Good luck with the potty training! My son was so hard to train and it took forever. My daughter was like a dream, though. She was only a year and a half old and it took a whole day! She wet her pants one time and didn't like it so she never did it again. I was, and still am amazed by that.

Well, my husband is calling me so I better go see what's up...hope you all have a great night!!!
KayElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 07:45 AM   #33  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

thanks for your encouragement kayelle. in this situation i didn't really get a chance to say anything because the other girl at drive-through took over (bless her heart). even if that had not been the case, i don't think i would have been able to say anything, because in general i freeze up when people are that rude. i just can't handle it and i go into shock. i always think of great comebacks later though. yesterday i had two really rude customers again. one of them was even a coworker from another store who came in for a drink! she told off my manager because he wanted to see her i.d. (a little anal, but within the discount policy, of course). sheesh. it's only coffee people! get over it!
well i better be off to work. here's to another op day for all us summer starters! and welcome to the group laurie! hope you enjoy posting with all these great gals here. they are super-supportive. me too, i guess
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:05 AM   #34  
I hate my scale

S/C/G: 173/165/130

Tried to post last night but my computer was acting up. I so want a new computer but the $$ I had saved for it is going to fix the truck. Grr i can't win somedays.

Time to play catch up to everyone

Laurie This is an awesome group of ladies - there are days i'd want to eat a 5lb box of chocolate BUT i come here and although i still want to eat the candy- i don't- these ladies help me thru it! My hubby is from NH- he wants to go back for a visit next summer - it's been a few years since he's been there. He's lived in Nashua and Hudson- planning is EVERYTHING-
Melissa is SO right - again

Wow Theresa- YOU are not only our exercise Queen but our Ebay Queen! I made 80.00 last week and so far 60.00 this week - the Extra $$$ is nice! Hubby says i am going to run outa stuff to sell and i said Nope- i'll get into your stuff eventually YOU CAN get into the 16's You know you can! and STEP AWAY FROM THE DR. PEPPER- all artificial coloring and flavors and calories - OOOO hey where's candice with her food descriptions?

Candice- i would have envisioned pouring the hot drink over the ladies head- then again i tend to be oh so sicky sweet when i am confronted by rude people- i just go all kind and nice and it seems to irritate them even more. not nice i know but then they can't complain i was rude.
Hope the vicodin helped- tooth pain is like the worst ever.

suzette on your NSV and what a nice gift !

I have never had green hair but did go orange for a few days- ( gf decided i would look as a blonde( never mind i have a ruddy complection and would look horrible with light hair.) and she over processed it and it turned ORANGE
( she was only in her second week of beauty school) well it took 2 weeks and alot of $$ to fix it! now i stick to miss clariol and have plain old brown hair.

well my FIL can't go back to work for 3 more weeks, if then- and it's looking more and more like we will have to move in with them- i don't really want to- BUT you gotta do what ya gotta do for family. and we can't see them losing their home- it is a HUGE house tho and we'd have a bit of privacy- plus they have an awesome kitchen -oh well things happen for a reason- we may not understand why but one day we will. hmmm they also have a huge back yard- i am thinking pool.
Have a GREAT OP day everyone- I am still trying for my NSV this week
and to exercise 2 more times so i can at least meet one goal!
sandi

Last edited by sandisuze; 02-10-2006 at 09:20 AM.
sandisuze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:57 AM   #35  

It's good to be home again, but hard to settle down. My working out is good, but food is just soso. No junk, not too much, but not OP.
Everyone sounds good. I think we are all re energized to face the the next 2 1/2 months. When May comes I want to be able to look better than I did last May. Our anniversery is May 2 and last May 2nd, we went into the city for a lovely dinner, the opera, and we stayed overnight in a hotel. I was fat and looked yucky. This year will be different.
We are expecting a big snow storm after a very mild Dec and Jan. I am off to get some food into this house, human, cat and dog.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:56 AM   #36  

Looks like we are both off to the store today Laura. Today is grocery day here too. My SIL is on her way to the hospital again today. She went yesterday but they wound up sending her home so mom called this morning to let me know they were on their way back again. She will have micah while Kayla arrives. I got my menu all set up and tonight I will sit down and get the dailies done for at least a couple of days. It is time to get serious again and get the rest of this gone.

I am with you Sandi-gotta do what you gotta do for family. It isn't always the thing we would choose for ourselves but if family doesn't look out for each other who will?????

Ok let's all get on the ball here and start moving those darn tickers down!
Melissa
Old 02-10-2006, 09:29 PM   #37  

Hi, all! It's Friday!

I've had a good week. I got in a LOT of exercise today. I just finished the Billy Blanks Basic Boot Camp DVD with resistance bands. It's a 55 minute workout and it is SO HARD. I haven't even tried Ultimate Boot Camp yet...the basic one is still so hard for me. I can hardly lift my arms and legs afterwards.

Has anybody tried the Aquafina or Dasani flavored waters? I have a real problem drinking plain water, I just do not like it. This week I've tried the wild berry flaver and the grape flavor Aquafina and the strawberry Dasani and I love them all (the grape Aquafina is especially good). I know plain old water is the best but this has to be better than not drinking water at all and drinking diet pop all the time, doesn't it? It doesn't have any calories and it just tastes good. I really like this stuff. It does have splenda in it, but artificial sweeteners are one thing that I'm just not willing to give up.

Melissa do you have a new niece yet? How exciting! I hope your SIL has an easy delivery.

I had a great NSV this week! My husband put his arms around me and said "your abs are hard!". And the thing is...I checked and he's right! I didn't even realize it! I've always been so squishy everywhere I am still getting used to my new body. Everything is firming up and it is just amazing to me.

Tomorrow is a long day on the road for us. We are driving across state to watch an honor band concert that our son is in. He's already been there reahearsing for a few days. I like riding in the truck and I like concerts so it should be a fun day but I probably won't get a lot of exercise, and trying to stay OP in restaurants can be tough we all know. I am going to get up early and get in a good workout before we leave at least, and hopefully we can find something like a Subway for lunch and an Applebees for dinner. I really don't have any desire to splurge right now so I'd like to eat somewhere that I know exactly what I'm getting.

Have a great weekend everyone!!!
KayElle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:31 PM   #38  

Sandi- It's so good of you to be willing to join your inlaws. It's hard, but the house sounds great and you will have privacy and you always sound like you like them.
Melissa- I'm glad you were able to go shopping and get the right stuff into the house. It makes stying OP easier.
I shopped a lot, 3 stores. DH came with me which means I bought too much. He just throws things in the cart.
Have a fun trip Kayelle. All the chain restaurants on the road are good for travelers. Outback is good too.
I'm cold and tired, so good night all.
Laura
LauraB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:37 PM   #39  
mmmm.. ice cream

S/C/G: 238/135/125

Height: 5'4"

Angry cranky and bitter post #2

lol sandi. if i had been on the ball i could have chucked it out the drive-through window as her car went by. "but geez, ma'am, you sounded like you really wanted that hot chocolate bad! here it is!"
sorry, but i don't really have a good description for dr. pepper, other than <insert valley girl accent> "vomit!" i am not much of a dr. pepper person. but the artificial, calorific, sugaristy, tooth-murdering nastiness would not be much good even if the taste was to die for. and it's so not. (that help? )
well i am pretty bummed today. i am stuck at home with no car and no dh until tomorrow because of his church sleepover. my friend was supposed to come up, but she flaked. apparently she had a panic attack because of some traffic difficulties and instead of coming to visit me, she is taking a colonopin (or however you spell it) and going to bed. i suppose living where i do, i just don't have much sympathy for traffic-related stress incurred by folks that live other places (except you melissa.. seattle-area traffic is worse than lingering death). well whatever she wants to do is fine. i just took a vicodin and i think i will have a nap myself. if i stay awake, there isn't anything to do but eat anyway.
cadwell125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:19 PM   #40  
I hate my scale

well i guess it's pretty final and we'll be moving the end of March- not too bad as it goes- we'll have a big bedroom and a small sitting area, bathroom and a room for jocie on "our" end and the inlaws and Zach will be in the other two rooms- 1 master BR and a small BR with a bath in between for them and theres a living room,Den, kitchen,dining room in between all of us. and my FIL is thrilled as i love to cook and plan meals and he'll eat regular as he says. of course they'll spoil Jocie rotten - FIL can't work anymore- he is really doing ok but he was working 16 hours a day which he can't do any more and he can't retire till may . we are being good children and it'll be hard at times but they have been good to us. and I do like them.
(and i'll have DSL high speed internet Whoo HOO!)

I am NOT doing good OP- kinda stressed about things and I HATE TO MOVE - even if it's only 3 miles up the road. when i was little we moved 15 times in 2 years. (long story) i am going to start NOW and not wait till the last minute - i am going to have one big yard sale and i think i will enjoy down sizing tho as i look around i have TOO much junk that i never use and is not necessary for any reason. and i will have many ebay items too- but some are too big (like couch - table etc. for ebay.)
I just wish i didn't EAT when i got stressed- my GF loses weight when stressed i gain it. of course i called the DR about bloating and he said well the new meds will cause weight gain unitl you get regulated.. thank you very much Doc. just what i needed to hear.
I am going to be busy making lists- and packing - i wanted to go shopping today but i got behind at work and worked over my normal time and had no time to go. Tomorrow is another day.more lists to make so i don't forget things i need to do around here before and after so we get our deposit back!

Candice LOL love the DP description! Theresa are you READING that???
Kayelle - have fun! I tried the dasani flavored water but it's too sweet for me. i like plain old non flavored no additions seltzer .
Well i am NOT going to hit my FEB goal but i tried and thats better than last year. I need to come up with some NSV's so i feel better.
I really need ot follow melissa's example and plan meals better.
well everyone have a good night and i am trying for an OP day tomorrow.
Sandi
Old 02-11-2006, 12:33 AM   #41  

I finally got news and my neice is here! I probably won't get to see her for a bit because I am not hauling all the kids to the hospital. She was 7lb 12oz and 21 in tall with lots of black hair and both mother and baby are doing well. It has been kind of topsy turvy last couple days. I am just now getting ready to do some menus. Logan kept me up all night night before last and it is just taking me forever to get back on track. I will be glad when his teeth come in. Chances are I will get him sleeping all night and then I will have the new baby and start all over again-lol.

Feel for you sandi-I ABHOR moving. It may be in my near future also and the mere thought gives me hives. At least you get along well with your inlaws and it sounds like you will kind of have your own space so it may just be a great move for you. Try to look at it as an adventure-I know easier said than done.

I am stressing as I have a housing inspection on Monday that I am not anywhere near being ready for. I just had one of those stinking things but because the landlord wants to raise the rent, it is part of the deal. I shouldn't complain really, this housing I am on is really a lifesaver for both me and the kids but truthfully this house is not worth 1200 a month for rent so we will just have to see what happens. Still no word from Kate either-another week has gone by again with nothing. I hate this too.

Well I better get this menu done and get some sleep since I got two days of trying to get my house looking like I don't have 2 toddlers a messy 9 yr old and an almost crawler living here with me. I know I am delusional lol
Melissa
Old 02-11-2006, 02:34 PM   #42  

Ok I am on the verge of a massive meltdown here. Josh is just out of control today and I go back and forth between walking out of the house or beating him to death. He is breaking things, kicking, screaming, and just being massively verbally abusive. I would call his dad if I thought he would be any earthly good. I have stopped myself 4 times from going into the fridge so at least that part is good. I never know what is going to set him off so it is hard to make things so it doesn't happen but then at the same time he has to learn to cope better because the world is a messy place. Ok I ranted for a moment so I might be ok for while. Sounds awful but there are times I just plain don't like this kid.
Melissa
Old 02-11-2006, 07:55 PM   #43  

I know we are all busy with our various things in life but I think we need to recommit to each other and get on the board more often. This includes me too so I am not pointing fingers and don't want anyone to feel like I am. It just feels like since the holidays we just aren't connecting with each other like we used to and the posts we do have, we are usually failing-I think partly because we aren't connecting like we need to. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Melissa
Old 02-11-2006, 08:55 PM   #44  
I hate my scale

well melissa- i agree with you. I know my lack of (hmmm for me i think the word is) commitment to a lifestyle change has fallen by the wayside. i think that is why i am not posting so much. I am .. (pick a word here: irritated, annoyed, embarresed, ashamed, disgusted and just plain at myself for not sticking with what i need to do. and i think i have fallen into a WHINE poster mentality and i feel no one wants to hear how crazed and what struggles i am having. but that's my own weird voice in side my head- saying stupid things. It needs to say STOP MAKING EXCUSES and just do it.

We had a wonderful meeting with my inlaws today and my MIL told me that i need to feel as if this is going to be my home - we weren't just staying there. and we may even have some extra $$ every month. we will be paying a portion of the mortage and some bills but other than that it is good. and we now know we are being given the hosue in 3 years when my MIL retires.
we are moving the weekend of the 18 of march as we have to give a notice to our landlords. MY fil is very worried about his health and wants to start walking w/me! YAY! and i will have a sitter for jocie so i can go for faster walks and have time to EXERCISE! I will also have HIGH SPEED - NO DIAL UP :edance:theire house is networked for wireless
I have already been digging thru stuff and tossing things I am making piles of Ebay, yard sale and TRASH- maybe i need that show clean sweep to come in?? I know one thing i AM NOT waiting to pack up - no last minute for me. I agree Melissa- I hate the thought of moving after 6 years here.

One stress off my mind now is that my oldest daughter has landed a wonderful live in nanny position for 2 -7 YO twins. room and Board and pay- good pay- and she has all day until 3 free- i am glad cause she's been out of work for over a month.

my NSV for today is that i bought beautiful peaches, plums and nectarines today instead of the ice cream i really wanted. The good stuff was on sale for b1g1 free and i so wanted chocolate - but the stuff with splenda gives me an upset tummy if i eat too much so i went and bought fruit. 1.59 a pound and i felt guilty at first but then i realized they got ice cream for 5.50 a gallon so on my guilt! i guess I had 2 NSV's- one was buying the fruit and the second was I stopped feeling guilty about the cost.

Ok i am going to recommit to 1 NSV a day and a daily post- i also starting a Monday challenge for any takers to commit to 120 minutes of exercise a week for Feb.- I know it doesn't sound like much to some of us ( Kayelle- Theresa But I need to start somewhere and I want to be a summer starter that ends with a summer success!
any one else wanna toss out a challenge??
thanks Melissa for I needed that
Sandi
Old 02-11-2006, 09:13 PM   #45  

Hey Sandi-feelings are feelings and that is why this board is so important to get those things off your chest or bounce ideas off get advice-the list can really go on and on. I will do the excersize for the week thing with you since that one is a hard one for me too. Between chasing kids and cleaning I already feel pooped out all the time but I know I need to get some intentional movement in there and I think that is a good number to do. I know it is easy to stay away from the board when we don't feel we are doing our potential but I think it is even more important when those things are going on. You will notice I had 3 in a row today??? Those were instead of getting into the fridge! I had a pretty rough day with my son today. He finally leveled out about 230 today but before that it was absolute **** here. It is also wonderful you got a walking buddie! NOW take advantage of that girlfriend. You are also going to love the new internet and it you are going to laugh at what you used to go through. I have dsl and I really don't think I could do dial up unless it was the only option I had. It is like night and day.

Oh I got a giggle for people. I made ranch burgers tonight for dinner (WW) and when Odessa sat down at the table she said "oh Mama! Crabby Patties!" For any out of the kid loop those are the burgers that sponge bob makes at the crusty crab. Needless to say, she was excited about them. Guess I should make cartoon food more often-lol.

Melissa