Old 02-19-2006, 03:23 PM   #106  

Yes Yes, we need updates! Good luck to kiwiette on the interview at Brown..That girl has the woild by the tail!

DH managed to get an earlier flight so he will be home tomorrow night instead of Tuesday... I'm going to make a Cherry Cake for him... and I made dinner reservations for thursday at this fancyschmancy steakhouse to celebrate our bdays, vday and his new job...
I am doing ridiculously crafting things today...I made a sunflower wreath with a leaf spiral for the front door. I measured the front area for seeds...I'm planning an English cottage garden this year...and in the backyard flower boxes on the deck filled with Butterfly and hummingbird attracting crap... and a raised bed vegetable garden ..

I have these neighbors that are oh sooo neighborly but tend to booze 24-7... she came over to invite me fer dinner... she asked what I was doing and when I told her I was measuring fer my flower garden she began to admonish me to STOP taking care of this house.. I'm a renter dammit and I shouldnt be improving "their" property...I should give the owners a list of the flowers i want to plant and let them buy them... I just listened as she continued her soapbox that we are taking toooooo gooood of care of "other people's" property... I will continue to do what I want when I want if it makes me happy so crap on her... but I guess I'll go over fer a meal.. her husband is a good cook and her DD is adorable.
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 11:16 PM   #107  
loves kleenex box art

Spring break? Now? DS's is March 20. Some have it in April.

I have been at my Peachjob. It's not bad. My feet hurt tremendously yesterdayand the woman who's training me needs a punch in the nose at times, but a job is a job as Shots said and it's ok.

I want some of those orthopedic shoes. Do nurses still wear them? The last nurse I saw was wearing those plastic thingies that come in tons of colors and have straps on the back that can disappear.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 12:26 AM   #108  
Member w/ messiest house

Well, we ain't stupid around here. We know it's not spring. This is February vacation. Spring break comes later. In Spring. Here in ****'s Frozen Over we need extra time off because. Just because.

Or maybe just because we'd kill each other if we didn't.

Crazy woods people. Cabin fever. Temperatures below zero. You do the math.

I still forget what you're doing for work. Weighing things at the Winn Dixie?

Kiwi

P.S. Don't wear those plastic things. You'll slip in a spill on Aisle 7 and crack your noggin.
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:17 PM   #109  

Ooooooh! Schatzi's a gardener! Don't listen to your neighbor - I spend a ton of money every single year on flowers and plants and such. Lots of them only last a year anyway - so what - they make me happy when they're blooming.

I emailed some pictures, but knowing me, who knows if you'll actually get them or if they'll be sized ok. Peachez email address has already rejected me. I don't know why--- maybe Kiwi or Bagzie could re email it out to her. If you do get the pictures you will see that she's gorgeous... and at the last minute they changed her name to Kaden Kay. I call her Sweet Pea.

Nurses wear athletic shoe clog thingies now. I know, because I saw lots of them recently in the maternity ward. They look like Nikes but they have the back missing. Sorry your feets are hurting, Peach. I worked retail when I was very young and it was torture to stand all day.... and that was when I was young and skinny. No way would my feet be able to support my --- ahem, portly body now days.

I puppy-sat DS's yellow lab puppy since last week -- Kiwi I feel your pain --- I forgot how much energy a puppy can have. My house looked like a bomb went off in it, and there were doggy footprints on the floor and nose slimes on the window, and hair everywhere. I don't know how DS and DDIL are going to handle a puppy and a baby too.

Check your emails and tell me if you can see pictures. I bought a new camera on Saturday. Can't take pictures of a new baby w/ an old camera.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 01:54 PM   #110  
fatter than U

I could see the pics, Wabby and she is BEAUTIFUL! So tiny and perfect. You must be just thrilled to bits.

Yes! Orthopedic clogs. I've worked in retail too and the standing is the WORST. Got the ugly veins in the legs to show for it. Ugh.

I did Leslie yesterday and today and didn't eat that much. Oh, except for rice krispie treats. I can't stand being at this weight any more, it's depressing.

Maybe I'll just go off and think about how adorable that little baby is.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2006, 02:17 PM   #111  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
I emailed some pictures, but knowing me, who knows if you'll actually get them or if they'll be sized ok. Peachez email address has already rejected me.
Pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just downloaded them and I'm looking at them right now. She is adorable!! Hee, love the little bow! You are going to have so much fun with little Sweet Pea!!

Is that a handpainted bunny on the wall?

Peachie has a super suspicious spam thing, so it probably rejected your work email address. I'll send them to her.

Kiwi
Old 02-20-2006, 02:24 PM   #112  
Member w/ messiest house

My 3D friend who moved to Oregon is taking Master Gardener classes. I haven't heard how they are going (actually I don't even know what they entail). Wabbit, you should do that when you retire. Do you ever get to retire?

Oh yeah, Happy Presidents Day!

Haha get it? Bunch of Turkeys? Well, not the ones we traditionally honor, but you know, the current batch.

Speaking of turkeys, how about that Cheney? Nitwit.

Kiwi
Old 02-20-2006, 02:26 PM   #113  

I resent the pictures to Peaches and it looks like they went through.

The bunny was one of the pictures that DS painted on the nursery wall. It's weally a wabbit.

It's so wonderful to have a newborn and get to hold her and love her and go home and get a full nights sleep. Kaden has her nights and days mixed up. She's been asleep most of the last 2 days and wide away most of the last 2 nights. The parents are looking pretty tired.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:32 PM   #114  

Kiwi, I took master gardener classes about 10 years ago. I haven't kept up on my volunteer hours, so I'm not an official master gardener anymore. It's a program thru Oregon State in which they teach you all about gardening and then you go out into the community and give classes and seminars and other volunteer activities. It's lots of fun, but since we started the business I don't have time to do the volunteer stuff.... and no, I don't ever get to retire. I think this goes on forever, no time off for good behavior.

Now that I've figured out how to email pictures, you guys are going to be bombarded.
Old 02-20-2006, 02:32 PM   #115  

I meant to say I re-sent the pictures to Peaches. I really don't resent her.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:22 PM   #116  
Member w/ messiest house

Anyway, why are you at work? It's Presidents Day. You should be home celebrating, like me. Yeah, that's what I'm doing, I'm celebrating Presidents Day. I did the dishes and typed up some letters for DD's financial aid papers and threw the tennis ball for the dog. This is the traditional way of celebrating Presidents Day. Later I will drink a case of Sam Adams and run around the house dressed in nothing but a lampshade.

Kiwi
Old 02-20-2006, 04:29 PM   #117  

Maybe I should stop by the grocery store for a cherry pie. Didn't someone chop down the cherry tree?
Old 02-20-2006, 06:21 PM   #118  
Member w/ messiest house

Oh yeah, Cherry Pie. That's how you celebrate Presidents Day! I knew it was something like that..... Anyone want a picture of me in a lampshade? I didn't think so.
Old 02-20-2006, 06:47 PM   #119  

I'd pay money for a picture of you in a lampshade.
Old 02-21-2006, 02:04 AM   #120  
fatter than U

Talking

I'd pay double what Wabby would pay.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote