Old 02-22-2006, 03:12 PM   #136  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
The "image has expired" thing is sort of interesting. It's like 3FC hasn't moved into the modern technological world (which we know they have) and their software doesn't match the modern stuff. If that made no sense, it's ok with me.
The 3fcs have been trying to keep us up to date will all those special notice thingies at the top of the forums. They moved to a new much larger server about 2 weeks ago and have had to make some changes in the way they do the trackers. It seems a lot of people have used the trackers on other sites, so they link to this one and tie up a lot of bandwidth. So they moved the trackers to a different site than the main 3fc website and everyone has had to redo their trackers. They warned about it quite a while ago.

They also have been trying to decide whether to only show people's sigs once on a page, which they switched to about 2 months ago in order to speed up page loading for people with dialup connections, or to require everyone to cut down their signature size. If you go in to change your sig, you'll see some guidelines on that. They put up a poll a couple of months ago, which I tried to get you folks to participate in, by the way, the result of which is that they are going back to having sigs on every post, but they will have to enforce the size limit. That is happening this weekend.

Any questions?

Kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 03:47 PM   #137  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagzz
---if you live in the maritimes you would agree that people from ONTARIO think they are hot HUDDA!!!! so i tell you,you must be from the MARITIMES to be nice---or VANCOUVER!!! that's all folks
Ain't that the truth!!! My DH and DD are in the Maritimes at this very moment. They went skiing and I'm sure everyone is very nice there, in spite of the fact that the name of the place is Crabbe Mountain.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
I see Ds just purchased a CD entitled Bedside Toxicology.
I hope that's a rock band and not a reference manual...

I love the NCIS goth girl. Abby, right? She's adorable. What is think dyed hair?

Hudda is very close to hoodledoo. It comes from Duck Hudda, which is what you step in when you walk around the perfectly square lake.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wabby
I prefer Dr. G, Medical Examiner. I think real life is more interesting. I loved the show she did about the crazy ways men get in accidents that result in their deaths. Apparently they do reckless things that endanger their lives. Who woulda guessed?
What a surprise! I should watch that show, it couldn't be any more gruesome that CSI. Oh yeah, the goth girl is on NCIS, which isn't usually gruesome at all, but very funny and enjoyable. Although I miss the girl that died. The Israeli girl is pretty dopey.

Kiwi
Old 02-22-2006, 03:54 PM   #138  

Wow...that was real good on the siggy's
you should be a mod
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #139  

Oh, our Kiwi is mod. She has hair just like Peggy Lipton in the Mod Squad, only it's taffy colored. (I know, I know, moderator).

What does NCIS stand for? I'm so outta the loop.

Rumor has it, Sugar has lost 3 lbs. or was it 4?
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 06:00 PM   #140  

i think it stands for Naval Criminal Investigation Service.... like Mod Kiwi says, not as gruesome as CSI..cept maybe the meat puzzle one... Ewwww.
Zeevah the Isreali is growin on me... I really like all the cast in that show. Right now I am addicted to Project Runway...

fer Sug!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 01:17 PM   #141  

I've been wasting my time watching American Idol. ... and Dr. Phil episodes recorded on my DVR and Paula's Home Cooking also recorded. I love my DVR because I hate wasting time on commercials. ... and I also watch Boston Legal. Desperate Housewives got too stupid, even without commercials, and My Name is Earl is getting borderline too stupid. I like Paula's Home Cooking not for the food, but because I'd like to hang out with Paula while she cooks up something yummy. I want her kitchen, and I want to be her pal. I'd also like to have a drink w/ Denny Crane on Boston Legal.

I did nothing to exercise my blubber today, but I want points for even considering it.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:36 PM   #142  
Member w/ messiest house

Default Denny Craine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
like Mod Kiwi says, not as gruesome as CSI..cept maybe the meat puzzle one... Ewwww.
Oh yeah, that was pretty gross. Don't you love the way they show naked dead bodies in the morgue -- with a bright light shining on the privates so you can't see 'em? I find that hilarious. Do you suppose that phrase will be a popular one on Google -- "naked dead bodies in the morgue"? You know there are people searching on that.

I think I should go visit Paula and her home cooking. I have way too much recording on my DVR. I really need my own private one, so DH and DD can use the TV too... Watched Boston Legal last night, what a hoot that show is. Can't believe Tom Selleck sang a Sound of Music song with that little tootsie.

Had a horrible run-in with the dog today; she ran off up the driveway and wouldn't come back. Took 20 minutes and 2 of us to get her inside. She is in prison right now. In her crate. I think 2 hours is probably long enough....

It's finally snowing here. So far, the yard is still treacherous because you still fall on the ice, and now you can't see where it is, but I have hopes that this snow will bond with the ice and I can actually get out without killing myself. A friend invited me to go ice-skating tomorrow on her pond. We'll see if we get too much snow for that.

Wabbit, here's some points: . . . . .
That's all. Consider it some more and you'll get more points.

Ta.

Kiwi

P.S. I am so mod.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:51 PM   #143  
loves kleenex box art

Good for you Kiwi! I found a letter-to-the-editor from a friend who found a murdered cat in her yard. She wrote that things like that wouldn't happen if people took better care of their kids and pets. "Just giving them names and feeding them isn't enough," she wrote.

Too bad about Earl. I actually feel it's too bad the star seems to feel like SUCH A STAR. Everytime I see him off the show, he's so boastful.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 03:11 PM   #144  

Hmm, I'm still enjoying My name is Earl... I love the girl on that show.. I have never watched Boston legal...I must be missing something if all you mod and hip cows are watching!! I am currently addicted to Project Runway and AI.. I love Taylor Hicks.. I actually voted for him... Thats a first!... I should be watching cooking shows... The scratch cherry cake I made came out like a brick that sucked all the moisture from yer tongue and disintegrated upon cutting with a hack saw.... My lasagne, well, I tried the "no boil" noodle approach...oooh yes, a real time saver if you dont mind eating rubber. *sigh* DH and I had a good laugh over it...but so much fer making a wonderful welcome home dinner fer him..... The good news is we are going out to dinner tonight...and I see a BIG juicy steak in my future.
Kiwi... I know how you feel...my darby is a darter... the terror is palpable when they take off like that... Last time she was sooo bad that DH actually hit her.. and unfortunately I think she learned her lesson now.FREEE JET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-23-2006, 04:49 PM   #145  
fatter than U

Kiwiiiii! I voted in that survey! Yesterday. 3fcs are so nice to still let us hang out here. Remember how Cybermom cut us off with nary a pat on the head nor a kiss goodbye?

Word has it that it's close to 4 lbs - not quite sure and very cautiously optimistic at the moment since losing weight has become something foreign to me. Did Leslie three times this week, though.

I am tired and I'm going to bed. As of next Tuesday it will officially be that "What was I thinking having two kids and a husband with birthdays all within two weeks of each other?" time of year. Must start baking cakes and making pinatas.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:25 AM   #146  
loves kleenex box art

Dogpatch has this one store that makes copies and makes signs. They also print onto tee shirts, hats, etc. Yesterday I went in there to get some stuff copied for class. They have a sign inside that says, "After you proof, mistakes will not be are fault."

The business across the street has a sign (made this these guys I'd guess) in the window that reads "Deliveryies in back."

Isnt' that quaint? I had a bunch of paper printed on both sides and wanted 3 copies. They didn't feed it into the machine. Opened the top, laid it down, closed the top, opened the top, turned it over, etc. I asked about that and she said that once it had staples in it, it might not feed right.

DS got a call from lcp last night and they were on the phone about 2 hours. I get getting steamed as he had to be at work at 6 a.m. and I can't sleep with lights on and stuff like that. I notice on her blog that some guy is offering her a shoulder to cry on. I think he's in her dorm. I wonder if this is a problem ....

Geez, a lot of her commenters are guys.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 11:48 AM   #147  

Pet Grammatical Peeves:

Seperate
definately
Complement v Compliment

Cowpeach: Signs like that make me cringe..I just wish I had a RED scripto marker..I would run around town correcting the spelling!

DH and I had a loverly dinner last night.. Filet Mignon, a bottle of Cab, broccoli au gratin, baked sweet potato and a bit of dessert.. The french pressed cawfee was DeeeeLish.. I think it was one of the most expensive dinners we ever had..but it was worth it.

Today I am going to weed since it will be 64 degrees... How fabulous this southern winter has been... of course I will be whining come July and August when hear tell it can be brutal...
Old 02-24-2006, 01:29 PM   #148  

I used to be a particular speller, but now that I've become a geezer my brain cells aren't working like they used to, and I sometimes mess up myself. Actually I think it's from working w/ a bunch of guys who are horrible spellers. After awhile their spelling starts to seem right. DH is the worst. Actually he inherited it from his Dad and it might be that they don't know the correct word to begin with. His dad used to call his kids ballbearians (barbarians). His brother once said he was "swab and debonair". DH often calls the Banfield freeway here the "Bamfield". Cracks me up. I think the funniest one was when Grandpa Jim said he was surprised that his granddaughter in law could get pregnant because she had problems with her "virginia".

Aaaaah, springtime weeding, Schatzi, I wish I could be there with you. Nothing like a spring day working in the garden when I actually have a hope of getting things under control before it all takes off into rampant jungle. My daffodils are starting to bloom, my star magnolia is starting to pop too.

Go me! I did 2 miles w/ Leslie again this morning, and so far today I've managed to eat well.

Peachez, where's the link to LCP's blog. Inquiring Auntycows want to know.... or is that Enquiring? Schatz? Kiwi?
Old 02-24-2006, 02:04 PM   #149  

THat is hilarious Wabby! I'm known to murder songs that way...

For years I sung (quite out of tune, naturally) My eyes of Georgia...instead of My eyes adored ya...

and I really mess up this metallica song... Give me something Give me something, gimme what my heart desires! I sung it loud and proud as ending with GIMME double order of fries...

GAWD, Gotta Ask Mod Kiwi.. She might have her fists balled up hitting the screen, since I believe I er, mighta split an infinitive... in my Pet Grammatical Peeves ...He HEEEEE

yeah yeah where's LCPs blog... I'm a nosy rosy
Old 02-24-2006, 03:44 PM   #150  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schatzi
DH and I had a loverly dinner last night.. Filet Mignon, a bottle of Cab, broccoli au gratin, baked sweet potato and a bit of dessert.. The french pressed cawfee was DeeeeLish.. I think it was one of the most expensive dinners we ever had..but it was worth it.
Where did you go? Sounds delish.

So you think it'll be a little hot in July and August, my poor deluded Schatzi? When did you move there? I can't remember what month. Summer starts in May in NC. June is brutal. July and August are not as awful because you'll be unconscious from the heat. Why I live in Maine.

God, I love it: Ballbearians! That's classic!

I'm pretty sure that bad spelling comes from using the Internet. Used to be you could count on most published text to be correct. No more. Peaches, I think you should make the copy store a new sign that would be clearer for people:
Quote:
"After you pruf, misteaks were not be are falt."
Or maybe it should just read "Fer Gods sayke, help us, we cain't rite"

Schatzi, I hate to disappoint you, but you didn't split that infinitive! However, that should have been "For years I SANG it".
Back when I first started using the internet, it really used to bug me when people misused words or made spelling/grammar mistakes over and over, but quite honestly I hardly care anymore. I still roll my eyes when I see "Viola, I made it!" That one can always make me groan.

Congrats to everyone on their exercising! I've done nothing. We got about 3 or 4 inches of snow yesterday and I thought conditions would be much better today for taking a walk or snowshoeing or something, but I already fell on my face just walking around the yard. The ice is still lurking under there; the snow didn't bond to it all. I'm really discouraged.

Kiwi