Old 02-01-2006, 12:10 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Default Looking For A Few Good Friends...15

Hi, We are looking for a few good friends that are commited to their diet and exercise programs,and also willing to be commited to this thread on a daily basis.
What we ask of you is for support and motivation and we will provide that in return.
We have a great bunch of people on this thread already but have room for more!So please join us and become a part of "A FEW GOOD FRIENDS"
Have a great day, and welcome!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:55 PM   #2  

everyone was posting on #14 and i almost did the same thing LOL then i found you...

brokeneyes - i hope you find us here

Meg I'm not at all sure that Terry Pratchett's books sound like me hehe. I love books that have some humour in them. There are some funny authors e.g. JA Konrath, William Lashner, Tim Cockey that write mysteries. At the moment I am reading a Michael Connolly

Ranger is totally unemotional - in reality he'd probably annoy the heck out of me, and much more controlling. Not to mention he only eats super healthy food but I like the air of mystery, the money and fancy cars, the fact he has his own business and is a take charge kind of chap. Granma Mazur is a scream. I was toying with reading some again just for the humour

Getting a massage later today and that;s my only definite plan for the today. It is horribly overcast today. Not much light, heavy rain and really muggy. Can't believe it's summertime
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:58 PM   #3  

meg - i meant to ask are you on weight watchers points plan or the nocount? i have thought about WW but somehow it makes me feel like a huge failure to go to WW!
Old 02-01-2006, 02:09 PM   #4  

Hi Sweetpea!! Glad you found us!!!! I let people know that we are gere!! so hopefully,they will come! Have a great day!
W.
Old 02-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #5  

what's for dinner???I'm hungry!! I'm thinking spaghetti...what about you???
Old 02-01-2006, 08:47 PM   #6  

Yummy!! I love pasta! off to the store to get some milk! Ciao for now!
W.
Old 02-01-2006, 09:14 PM   #7  

Default Good News!!!!

HI ladies.jOpe the day was great.I have really good new.

I lost another 3 lbs!! yeah!! Man I am only 8lbs shy from 199lbs.I really want to get this weight off for valentines day week. I really hope I can pull this off. I have been working out as much as possible. Does anyone have good advie on how to chage up a diet for the better.Like to eat more of something and eat less of something else.I really want to change it up a little.I am on weight watcher so I am open to any suggestions!! Thanks and remember drink lots of water!!

****SHORT TERM GOAL*****Hopefully, by feb.14,2006 .CRoss my fingers!!!

****LONG TERM GOAL****
jazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 10:08 PM   #8  

Wink I found You!!!

Hey everybody! I posted on the wrong one i see, lol. But i found you..thanks for caring,lol. well..i didnt make any progress today but i dont officially start till tomorrow so im not too upset. Im not that overweight but i read the site for overeaters anonymous and i could seriously be a member. Is it just me or are those questions kind of vauge? I do eat alone alot...and kinda gorge when im upset on foods that should not go together,lol. Anyway all that changes tomorrow soo no more worrying about it!!! lol ok im done ranting...really...im serious..ok. now. lol
Chat tomorrow!
brokeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #9  

Hi Brokeneyes!! glad you found us!!!! I'm going to join you tomorrow and start all fresh,like I haven't been trying to lose weight for the past 4 months!!!! Whoo hoo! I'm pumped! I'm with ya girl when it comes to gorging,I eat for any reason!
Jazy~ I am not on WW so I really don't know what your diet plans are like,sorry,wish I could help,Hun I might be joining though,it's a hard decision for me because of the financial problems I have(thankyou dumb ex husband )But maybe a miricle will happen!!!!
Congrats on the 3lb loss!!! I an so happy/proud of you!And jealous too!
That's it for me....G'night!
W.
Old 02-02-2006, 04:10 AM   #10  

i did really well for breakfast and lunch and then overate in the evening. PM munching is still a problem for me

well done jazy - which plan are you on? we have a nocounts plan here which looks pretty good. do you prepare all your own meals or do you buy the WW package meals from the supermarket? i have tried them and they are hideous altho the desserts are pretty good

brokeneyes. don't be too worried about the OA guidelines they do fit a lot of people the question is how out of control or compulsive your eating is. i am a compulsive overeater and binger but i don't like the 12 step program (don't believe in it) so i keep away

wendy don't let money stand in the way. i worked out that if i added up all the junk food i eat i could easily afford WW or a gym membership it's a matter of choices and so far i keep choosing the junk food. i am still working on making better choices. i will get there

had a dry patch in the weather today and went for a good walk. will probably only do something small tmrw so i don't overdo things

meg - another author i like is meg gardiner. i am totally addicted to reading. have been a bookworm ever since i can remember. one day i'd like to try writing fiction but for now i will stick to writing non fiction.

i have sort of given up on my goal to get my current book finished. it seems like i have run out of time especially with other goals i have. i need to clear my head and work out what is important. health and sanity is #1 the rest i am still juggling...
Old 02-02-2006, 12:47 PM   #11  

Good Morning!!! How are you all doing??? I'm going out for lunch today so I am going to have a hard time behaving!
Old 02-02-2006, 05:08 PM   #12  

My goodness! Is it ever quiet around here!! What's new girls???
Old 02-02-2006, 05:34 PM   #13  

morning just had breakfast even tho it is 1130am. have masses to do and having family issues. well i'm not having issues she is, but i'm involved! catch you all later
Old 02-02-2006, 06:15 PM   #14  

Smile Hey!

Hey! Ive lost 3lbs as of today..im guessing thats a little bit of water weight and some good exercise! Ive noticed that im much more determined than i thought i was. Whenever i wanted to pick up one of the childrens (im a nanny) pop tarts or cookies, I just picked up my book and started to read. Plus spin class this morning helped me on my concentration today at work..i just FEEL better. I HATE getting up to go to the gym, but after im done i feel so good and energized not to mention a little more attractive (i'll admit im a little vain,lol). Well i hope you girls are having the best of days!!!. Keep it up!

Last edited by brokeneyes; 02-02-2006 at 06:29 PM.
brokeneyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 10:49 PM   #15  

well done on the loss brokeneyes