Old 02-13-2006, 04:18 AM   #76  

Hello all,

Have been hitting the computer (working for a change again!), but have taken a quick 5 min to catch up! We've been having SO MUCH RAIN HERE!! Had a humdinger of a thunderstorm on Friday arvo and nearly washed away! Places all around us were flooded and the highway was almost impassable! We had about 80mm in under 30min! Have now had just over 24hours without rain, but they say more is coming! My eating is beserk at the mo - put away way too much sweets etc this weekend, but still managing to lose weight - go figure! Only 300g, but still a loss. This means I'm on track for my 1kg this month!

Wendy - know about the moving around. We're hoping to get carpets put in this week and then we can really get things packed away and sorted out! My exercise bike karked it yesterday - looks like the spring has sprung, so back to the stepper til I can make another plan.

Sweet - hope the headache goes away - try drugs! I'm a bit of a nurofen-babe. I take it for almost anything!

Ok, back to work.
megsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:40 AM   #77  

i've been eating too much but unfortunately weight gain not loss. hardly surprising as i haven't done much exercise and my new meds make me very sleepy. i seem to need a 2 hr hap each day which is putting a dent in things

despite all that i really don't like drugs so i never think to take panadol or nurofen. i just suffer or go lie down. probably not the best solution when you have stuff to do. but i'm used to feeling poorly so i get a bit passive sometimes

i will get back to walking when the dogs come out of their quarantine period. i just don't have the heart to go without them so i have done a little dancing in the lounge, not much else

also been thinking about my goals, doing a bit of soul searching. haven't found the answers yet
sweet_pea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 08:54 AM   #78  

Sweet - nothing worse than feeling bad! I'm really not a nice person when I'm sick (and then sometimes even when I'm NOT sick)! Hope your dogs get better soon! I'm sure that they are also missing their walk. I don't really set goals. I've got friends whose lives are mapped out for the next 5, 10 years and my idea of a goal is actually buying a plane ticket a few months in advance! I'm not a very pro-active person. Anyway... work is now done, not sure what comes next, but still got half an hour here. Need to do something about my bike!

Mwah
Old 02-13-2006, 12:20 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 01/07/10~ 142/136/132

Hi Girls! How are you feeling now Sweet pea? I hope you get better soon! Sounds like you are not very interested in the weight loss thing at the moment,you have to be ready and willing and able to achive your goals! I hope that very soon,you will be able to get back on track mentally and KICK BUTT!!
We always have interuptions in our lives that we have to deal with first before we can reach out goals!
Good Luck!
Hi Megsa!~ Wow, sounds like alot of rain,I hope you are ok!!! My Idea of setting goals is to plan a evening to get groceries!!! LOL!

Later ladies!
Wide in Winnipeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 10:51 PM   #80  

Another lonely day around here.... Hope it picks up soon! G'night/morning/evening to all!
W.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:12 AM   #81  

Wendy - it has become very quiet hasn't it? Maybe you should post up front again - that's how sweet and I found you! We've now had just over 24hrs without rain-gives the grass a chance to grow again!

I took my bike apart last night and discovered that the strap that goes round the wheel has snapped! And this after only 7 months and 800km! Hacks me off and now I've got to take it back to the shop. Would like to trade it in and get an eliptical instead, but don't think the shop will agree to that! Will have to see.

Sweet - how are you feeling today/tonight? I had lots of work yesterday, but today I'm surfing again! May have again later, but not holding my breath. Unfortunately, that is the way this industry goes, and they are really battling to get going this year!

I'll check in again later.
Old 02-14-2006, 01:46 AM   #82  

yeah you're right dieting is not top of my list but when i feel better i will put more time into it. right now i am taking things carefully in case i have caught the bug the dogs had

meg you make me laugh about goals. i am the opposite. i like doing things spontaneously but i also have lists of goals of things i want to achieve!
Old 02-14-2006, 02:34 AM   #83  

I think we will post for some newbies,Do one of you want to do that or do you want me to do that tomorrow?? I think if we put it in the Buddy up and support sections we will get some responces!!! I will leave it up to the 2 of you to decide who's going to set it up! I got no problem doing it,if that's what is decided!! Have a great day!!
G'night!!
Wendy
Old 02-14-2006, 06:02 AM   #84  

Wendy - I think that you being the 'senior' member, you should do it! Don't you also think so sweet? She has been here longer than us two, and I just don't know what to do!

Am now working my little (maybe not quite so little) butt off with some hospital plans and they will keep me busy for the rest of the day and probably most of tomorrow!

I've been cutting down on starch during the week and find that I can't eat all my points! Today I've still got two apples and a nectarine to go and I'm only on about 14 pts! Supper is going to be yummy roasted veg, so I'll have quite a big one.

My book is calling to me while I eat my lunch so I'll see you both tomorrow.

Good night/good morning
Old 02-14-2006, 06:45 AM   #85  

yes i agree! wendy is the best person to do the invite. go for it wendy

gee that's great that cutting down on starches is working so well for you. what are you eating instead?
Old 02-14-2006, 01:00 PM   #86  

Hi! Ok,I'll see what I can do!! How are you all doing??? I'm wiped out,busy day ahead of me too!
W.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:23 PM   #87  

HIYA!! My day just got better!! Hope you are all well!!
Old 02-15-2006, 12:37 PM   #88  

Whow, that was pretty sad,nobody posted! Good morning to you all any way!
Old 02-15-2006, 05:53 PM   #89  

hi off to the doc today. just taking it quietly and doing some washing and other non-fun stuff
Old 02-16-2006, 01:30 AM   #90  

Wendy! - I tried to post yesterday, but our internet provider was off line and so were we for the whole day!! Real bugger to have no work and no net! Read almost an entire book as a result. Today, so far I've done all my work and it's only 830! At least we're back online. How come your day got better?

Sweet - let us know what the doc says. As for cutting out starch, this week isn't going so good. My mom baked some of her bread on tues and I've put away quite a few slices so far. It is at least wholewheat and VERY full of fibre, combined with my oat/bran/carrot/apple muffins, it's keeping me regular (sorry, that may have been tmi!). We eat a lot of roasted veg (butternut, carrot, onion and peppers) with gravy and I can eat that without any meat, but am trying to add more in.

Haven't been exercising with my bike in pieces, but will be taking it back to the shop on sat - hoping to be able to upgrade to an elliptical trainer! Not sure if the shop will agree, but I've only had the damn bike 7 months!! They just don't seem to build them for actual use!!