Old 02-22-2006, 01:49 PM   #121  
Eating for two!

S/C/G: 324 highest known/on hold/150

Height: 5' 5"

Aimee--I'm calorie cycling, so I only eat 1200 calories or less for 3 days a week (Monday-Wednesday), then I increase to about 1500 for 2 days (Thursday-Friday), and then I slam 'em up to almost 3000 for Saturday and Sunday. This keeps me at an average of 1800 or less per day each week and (hopefully) helps to eliminate plateaus by not allowing my body to settle into a certain calorie amount. I've only been doing it for a few weeks so far, but it fits my schedule, allows me to eat what I want on weekends (my hardest time for dieting!), and it's been working so far (according to the scale this morning, anyway!) I also honestly haven't really been exercising at all (bad, I know...I'll get back into it eventually), so that isn't a factor on those low-cal days
jillybean720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 02:40 PM   #122  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Jill - Ohhh okay! I get it now! Exercise might do yah over, depending on how much, on those days of 1000 calories. Weekend are my easy times, weird huh?

Well I am off to work... have a good one!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 11:46 AM   #123  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi gals...been catchin up on your posts. Sounds like you all are doing well!

I'm doing better. I was able to sleep a little better last night. Today the disaster recovery crew is in our apartment cleaning the floors and walls and using some special equipment to remove the smoke smell from the place. Still haven't heard anything for sure from our apartment complex about whether or not we will be able to stay there or not due to the structural integrity of the walls connecting our apartment with the burned out one.

I'm glad we are leaving for Vegas tomorrow night--I NEED the break from all this!

And diet? Well, I haven't weighed since Monday, so I have no idea where I'm at. I haven't been eating much, but what I have been eating has not been healthy. I don't feel like I've put anything on, but who knows.

THANK YOU for all your support. I do indeed appreciate it!!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #124  
Eating for two!

Jen--Have an AMAZING time in Vegas! You certainly could use the break. I've never been but hope to go someday Come back relaxed and happy with lots of fun stories to share (I know, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas, but c'mon, it's us ).

Aimee--weekends are hard for me because Jeff always wants to eat out, and I feel like I never want to cook because weekends are my break from work, ya know (and I don't much enjoy cooking, so it feels like work to me ). During the week, since I have a set work schedule, it's easy for me to just pack and plan what to eat each day, so it's easier to keep my calories down. Although sometimes on the weekends, we only end up eating 2 meals instead of 3, so even though they're higher in calories, there's fewer of them, so sometimes I still do okay on weekends. All depends on the day and my mood

Well, I weighed in this morning for my "official" weekly weigh-in. I kinda dropped the scale when I took it out, and it turned on, so I weighed myself, and it said 272.5, but then I let it sit and turn off, and then I turned it back on properly (by tapping the center with my toe) and weighed again--274.5. Since it was different, I got off and on again--273.5. Well, 3 times, 3 different weights, so I did it AGAIN--272.5. Since I got the 272.5 twice, I'll go with that, and we'll see if it's true enough to last till next week In any case, whichever number it is, it's down from last week's 276.5 Time to change the ticker!
Old 02-23-2006, 03:53 PM   #125  
Never surrender

S/C/G: 251 current/237 minigoal/180

Height: 5' 9"

Marge - we must be on the same page... I reallllly need something to happen right now, I need to MAKE something happen. I'm going thru the daily motions and I'm just not into anything right now. You take a vacation, and I'll do a stomach friendly diet!

I hear you. I'm building up things sideways, to get me into forward movement. Like the volunteer stuff, going places around town, trying to get more active and involved. It's harder in the winter, when it's so bleeping cold just going outside. I'm trying not to be the drill sergeant on myself, and more like a nurturer. I guess I'll have to see what works.

I've never had a fire that close, Jen. Hang in there, enjoy Vegas. It's probably one of the best places you could go, everything focused on enjoying yourself. Play a quarter slot for me

Great going, Jill. You're back in the saddle again.

I am so tired today. I feel like I could sleep a week!
dragonwoman64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 04:56 PM   #126  
Howie6267's Honey

S/C/G: 277 / See ticker / 160

Height: 5'9"

Hey, all. I'm just stopping in quickly while we're out at a coffee shop with wi-fi. I need to get some work done online, and if I stay here too long, I'll get sucked into 3FC threads and those at Davesgarden!

Howie now has a pair of comfy New Balance walking shoes. They're great but for one thing: one of them squeaks when he walks. I told him it sounds like he's stepping on a puppy with each stride. LOL! For now, I've dubbed them the Puppy Killers. I wish he'd exchange them...Doubt the squeak will resolve on its own.

Yip! Yip! Yip!
Gardenwife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:27 AM   #127  
Eating for two!

the Puppy Killers...that's cute

Weighed in at TOPS last night with a 3.5-pound loss. My scale this morning said 272--the TOPS scale last night said 270.5 (their scale must be extra generous because I weigh naked at home and fully-clothed at TOPS ). By either scale, I am now down 5 pounds in 2 weeks--calorie cycling is doing me some good
Old 02-24-2006, 01:10 PM   #128  
Shairing her ESH...

S/C/G: 350/321/TBD

Height: 5'6"

Hi girls--just a quickie. Headed to Vegas tonite! Alan is bringing his lappy, so maybe I can write you a line or two later!

See ya soon!
Jen415 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:57 PM   #129  
Never surrender

Hey Jen, remember: what happens in Vegas, stays in Veges, heh heh.

Don't know if anyone here caught the skaters last night, lots of nervous ladies falling on their behinds, not a good thing.

Nice and sunny here today. I can feel spring coming, ok, maybe a couple more months, but winter's leaving.
Old 02-25-2006, 12:39 AM   #130  

Quiet day here... whats with that??

I went to the doctor again about my silly toe... he says the nail does NOT need to be removed, yay for that!! I have to start a regular cleaning/antibiotic/ covering regiment to get it all healed. I sure hope its all healed before my Seattle experience. I'm still trying to nail down the exact date, it's looking like March 16th-ish to April 22nd. My brother has worked out an "Allowence", 40-100 dollars a week. LOL, he's too funny sometimes.

Jill - congrats on your weight loss!! I'm hoping to post a nice weight loss next week, this week I maintained..

Jen - Have fun in Vegas... don't get married

Marge - lets go to Paris! I definitely can't afford THAT.. but man, Paris would be great. Or Greece, we could have hot men fawn over us while we drink very strong drinks on the beach. I saw the skaters fall, it was very sad.. I secretly hoped Emily would follow in her sisters footsteps... no such luck though.

Alright ladies, I've got some crazy headache, so I am off to relax, lay down.. something!

-Aimee
Old 02-25-2006, 03:44 PM   #131  
Never surrender

Aimee, when I first read your post I thought it said you TOE didn't have to be removed. I think my brain could use a little waking up this afternoon, ha. Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Canada? There's a big parade here in NY. My brother married his Irish wife on St. Patrick's Day (I guess she never wanted him to forget the anniversary).

Keep your passport ready, I'm willing to go. We can eat Bertillon ice cream on the Ile de la Cité (notice I think of eating first!). Then go Paris shopping. They have the fanciest department stores.

Greece is supposed to be cheap. I got sick on ouzo once (during a Greek festival in the town I grew up), so I'll have to stick to a less traditional hard drink on the beach.

Emily is still pretty young. She could still go back to the Olympics and get her gold.
Old 02-25-2006, 04:30 PM   #132  

Marge - I was told my toe would have to be taken off if the infection got too serious, luckily the doctor said it wasn't all that bad. I haven't looked at it yet today... but I'm always ready for a miracle!

I don't have a passport, can you believe that? I've also never travelled outside Canada or the US. I should get on that, Mexico I think is a good place to start, it's semi cheap, my brother says the beaches are nice. And I'm always down with some silver jewlery, heh. Whats ouzo? I want something fruity with an umbrella in it!

Yes, but Emily doesn't get the Sarah story.. which was unbelievable btw.. I think I cried like a little baby when I saw it last time around.

I shall be doing some major planning today to prepare for the detox I am beginning tomorrow, I am excited and completely scared. heh, I work alone at work, and when the body is cleansing, there are some things you cannot hold in! Very gross, but unfortunately true. Also those withdrawl symptoms are a pain. I am off, have a good one

-Aimee
Old 02-26-2006, 12:01 AM   #133  
Howie6267's Honey

I could use some detox. My mouth/jaw hurt tonight and I headed straight for the comfort food when we stopped at the store for milk and cereal...Frozen chicken tenders, tortilla chips, doughnut holes. I dragged Howie right into it, too. I know he's responsible for his own actions, but in reality, we can be each others' biggest helps or biggest enemies when it comes to eating. Dang. I wish there was a magic wand that could get my mind back on track to where I was before we went to Maryland. I hate how every change in routine makes for such a struggle. Yeah, I'm down tonight.
Old 02-26-2006, 01:16 AM   #134  

Kimberley - something happened at work yesterday that was quite... interesting. Stay with me for a moment.. We are trying to reach this VERY high target, it's insane really, so I broke it down by the hour. I became so focused on this hourly target that when I saw the actual dollar amounts, I was SHOCKED, because I'd made so much money. How does this apply? By focusing hourly, or by meal/snack, it's going to add up and before you know it.. you are going to get back on track. But stopping focusing on the whole might help. Now if I could do the same.. that would be great! If you are interested in a detox, this one is a pretty good one... it's called The Wild Rose Detox, I believe they have a website.. You will get there.. something will just snap back into place...

-Aimee
Old 02-26-2006, 02:01 AM   #135  
Howie6267's Honey

Thanks, Aimee. I'm glad you were still up. I know morning will come and I'll feel better. Everything seems worse at night. Tomorrow I'll get up and drink 32oz. of water to start me off. Our friends are taking us to The Olive Garden, so I will be as wise and healthy as possible there. I've already decided to go low on calories Monday and Tuesday to somewhat make up for the last two days. Maybe I'll try calorie cycling like Jill's doing.