Old 02-05-2006, 06:17 PM   #16  

Lee-Congrats on the feast! I was wondering how it went! Did you get that baronial award after all?

It's been in the 50s all weekend, with rain...so all our lovely snow is GONE.
It's only February....What gives???

Donna--Welcome Back! I think a belt and "oversize" pants and shirt is a good idea. Hope you can find something you like!

TTFN,
Mirabelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:28 PM   #17  

Ladies, I may be out for a couple days. I have a horrific case of the flu and am in bed most of the time. Hopefully I will feel better in a day or two. Until then, be good and stay OP.

Donna: Be proud of whatever size you are, tuck in that shirt and don't worry about it!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 08:10 PM   #18  

Feel Better Faye!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:19 PM   #19  

Okay, I took Susan's advice and started journaling again yesterday. When I stopped writing everything down last time is when my weight loss stopped...go figure

So, 4 points for yesterday...on track for 4 today.

Hope everyone is doing well!
Julie
Old 02-06-2006, 04:13 PM   #20  

Hey ladies! 2 points for me... Being OP is hard when your house is full of leftovers from a 300 portion buffet! But I'm determined.

Julie- Yes, I got the baronial award. I know, I know, but I just decided to let it go and be gracious.

-Lee Ann
SuGyong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 04:48 PM   #21  

I also vote for being sure your pants and shirt are lose. When they are too tight, it emphasis the pounds.

DH is doing so much better. Dr. says he is almost ready for surgery but has to get albumin levels up because that has a direct effect on healing. Get that from meat, dairy, poultry and seafood. Must be complete protein so beans and soy don't qualify. Recommend 4 servings a day of whey protein powder mixed in whole milk, plus he is eating much better.

Faye, I hope you are on the mend - we need you!

Lee Ann, toss the leftovers if they are giving you problems. Congratulations on your award.

I had just 2 points each day for the last 3 days. Looks like today will move to 4.

My husband was doing well enough for me to leave him for a few hours yesterday so my 2 best friends and I got together for lunch and quilting. It was a much needed break for me, but now I'm behind in the housework. Drat!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 08:33 AM   #22  

4 points yesterday! 2 in a row...working on 3. It's amazing how just the thought of "crap! If I eat this, I have to write it down" will make me stop and think before I just shove something in my mouth.

Susan, I'm so glad you got a little time to yourself! Especially quilting time, I'm sure it was very therapeutic.

Hope everyone's doing well!

TTFN
Julie
Old 02-07-2006, 09:48 AM   #23  

Only ended up with 3 points yesterday - will do better today!
QuilterInVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 07:18 AM   #24  

WEDNESDAY: Today is Wednesday's Woes a day to gripe about anything!

Julie
LeeAnn
Susan

Can't say that I am better, but thought I ought to get in here and at least set up the post and do pts. Boy, I stay home almost all the time and then wham when I go out I always seem to be bringing something home with me! It didn't help I was out in the rain on Thur and Friday and then went out Saturday morning not really feeling great to do shopping. Ahh, well, it will get better with time. Right now I am fighting a ferocious headache with this stuff. I ended up having to stick a piece of kleenex up my nose like a stopper so I could sleep last night as my nose just continually dripped and kept waking me up.

You girls stay OP this week and you are doing a great job!

Faye
Old 02-08-2006, 07:27 AM   #25  

4 points for yesterday! 3 in a row...

I'm wondering if I'm using the right calorie baseline, though. One calculator says for "moderate activity" and 210 pounds, I need 2500 to maintain. So, 2000 should make me lose a pound a week. Sometimes, I think that seems high...then I wonder if it's too low because at 12-15 hours of exercise a week (skating and dance class), I should probably consider myself "active". In which case, I'd need closer to 3,000 to maintain, and my calories to date have been too low. AAARRRGGGG......it's so frustrating, I just don't know! I'm doing a calorie counting version of the "wendie plan" from weight watchers right now, where I alternate high and low calorie days to keep my body guessing and keep my metabolism high. We'll see if it works.

I'm definitely eating less, now that I'm journaling, so I guess I just have to be patient. It's only been since Sunday, can't expect results this soon. I'm noticing my hands are getting bonier and my shoulders, too. I guess I'm just excited because since Sunday I actually feel like I could succeed finally.

I've rambled long enough...time to get the kids to school.

TTFN,
Julie
Old 02-08-2006, 03:00 PM   #26  
2006 - Panda Remix

Hi all,

I'm hanging in there - but have still not reined myself in totally foodwise. This is PMS week, when it's always hardest to be disciplined! I've not lost the plot though - I'm still exercising and eating healthy meals most of the time! At the moment I am struggling with the usual PMS bread cravings - oh well, at least it's not pizza and chocolate!

I went out with my friend on Saturday night and wore my new outfit - new boots, pretty top and pencil skirt - I felt pretty good! By the end of the night my boots were killing me - but I think I am slowly but surely wearing them in!

FAYE - Sorry you've been poorly hon, hope you feel better soon!

SUSAN - So glad to hear that dh is getting stronger - that's wonderful! I am glad you were able to have a break to spend time with your friend - you deserve it!

JULIE - Look at you with your 4 points days! I have the exact same confusion about calories - I have 1600 a day and exercise alot so I often wonder if I am not having enough. When I do a 45 minute cycle class the computer says I have burned 1000 cals, so does that mean I am surviving off 600 cals a day? I guess I am scared to raise it to 1800 - 2000 as my mind says 'well I am struggling to lose weight on 1600, raising them will definately make me gain!'

Hi to CARRI - hope you are okay!

Love Amanda x
Amanda Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 08:44 PM   #27  
I Can and I Will

Default Hellooooooooo Again My Long Lost Friends.....

Hi my Beautiful fabulous friends!! Im back and im stayin back... Lets see if i can catch up without writing a book. We moved to Kentucky and im loving it. Hubby and kids are all well... and im ready to be serious about getting me healthy again. Im not sure what my weight is anymore... but i do know ive got high bloodpressure so im on meds for that. I need to begin and stick to a routine again. I hope all is well with all of u... and i will be seeing you daily from now on! Love to all
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:23 AM   #28  

THURSDAY: Today is Time for Us Thursday so be sure and take a little "me" time today!

Julie and an extra for being especially good!

Amanda: Hang in there, you will get back to it!

Sandy: Hello, stranger! Welcome back and hope to see a lot of you!

I now have a sick husband so guess we are in this together. I changed my meds and I am hoping they will better help me get over this. Right now I am just plain exhausted. I was up most of the night trying to make Jack comfortable so I am hoping I can get him back to sleep and I can rest this morning.

Everyone have a super day today!

Faye
Old 02-09-2006, 09:12 AM   #29  
I Can and I Will

Default Thanks Faye!!

Its good to be back and yes u will be seeing more of me... well less of me really... hahahha! Sorry youre dealing with the yucks... im just getting over them, noooo fun! I just wanted to post quik this am but i will be back later... Take care of u everyone!
Sandy
Sandybrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:23 AM   #30  

Welcome Back SandyB!

4 points for me yesterday...and GUESS WHAT???

I'm wearing jeans that I haven't been able to zip since like a year ago...

I'm not going to look at the scale for a while, cuz I just don't want to put myself through it until I kNOW I've lost pounds.

Hope Jack is feeling better soon!
Julie