Old 02-08-2006, 06:16 PM   #16  

Good Afternoon/Evening, Flowers! The sun is shining brightly but it is cold outside! We got just a trace of snow, but it is gone again. Today was another morning of testing; some students tried to just fill in the dots and then sleep. What a waste of our energy.

'Gma' -- I hope you are feeling much better by the time you read this! Sleeping in the recliner is not fun! We missed you!

Gail -- I hate to shop and find most of my clothes when I'm not looking for them. I can never find anything when I really need/want something. I did take a look at the spring colors and they are NOT my colors! So I guess I won't have to worry about spending alot of $$ on a new wardrobe. I wish the manufacturers would always include the old basic standby colors along with the new. Makes me growly!

I should go dream up something for supper. Actually, I should make a grocery list and head to the store. Maybe I can convince Bob it is his night to cook. Hope you all have a relaxing evening and a terrific Thursday tomorrow.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 06:32 AM   #17  

Good morning from the sicky house! I gave this stuff to Jack so now we are both sick. I am pooped trying to take care of him overnight and get some sleep in between, but have not been too successful. I still feel icky, but slowly but surely I will get over this. Seems like the older you get the longer it takes to get over stuff.

Gail: I had trouble trying to get logged in to the one you suggested so I joined another one and posted the instructions with my ??? on a forum thread specifically for problems and one of the ladies told me exactly how to handle it. I haven't gotten to that point because I haven't knitted in several days, but I copied the post and e-mailed it to myself so I could have it when the time comes.

Jean: Jack likes to cook, but is very inexperienced and makes a HUGE mess everytime he does. I don't encourage him much even when I am sick! I just cook easier stuff or have him get takeout. He went and got Cracker Barrel the other night and we got free dinner because the guy that took the order over the phone didn't tell me they don't make the baked chicken at their restaurant anymore. I ended up with meatloaf and didn't eat much of it, but it was free so....

Well, I want to get my morning chores finished and then go back up to bed for awhile. Have a good day gals!

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 10:23 PM   #18  

Good Evening, Flowers! Not much newsy from here except enough new snow to cover the ground. It was pretty coming down but the streets were slicker 'n snot coming home after school.

'Gma' -- I'm sorry to hear that Jack is sick now. Hopefully you are both on the mend!

Hope you all have a fantastic Friday! This week has flown by.

Jean -- from Iowa!
Old 02-10-2006, 08:00 AM   #19  

Good morning gals. We are supposed to get snow, but I don't know how much or what will stick. Jack stayed home again today so we are staying in most of the weekend unless we get to feeling better. I had to get out to the store last night and boy did that zap me. We were both up past midnight, but finally got settled down and slept until 6:30 when Jack called into work.

Did I tell you they cleaned up next door totally? Someone knocked on the front door I think it was Wed and wanted to know if the cadillac parked in front of the garage was mine and I said no, to meet me out back and I would show them which condo owned it. I asked the guy if he was the owner and he said no that he worked for the bank so they must have foreclosed on the property owners, whomever they are. The took a flatbed full of junk out of that garage and finally have the condo cleaned out as well as the back yard. I am hoping they try and sell it as it will take forever. We have three condos a street over that have been for sale for nearly 2 years. The one had an open house that no one showed up for a few months ago. People don't want condos, they want homes. Except in certain areas of the country, condos are hard to resell so people don't buy them.

Well, I think I will sneak back upstairs and go back to bed for awhile until Jack needs something.

Have a great weekend gals

Faye
gma22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 04:59 PM   #20  
Web Nana

Gosh, it seems like a while since I got to post here and it wasn't because I was busy. Time has a way of flying by.

Faye: So sorry you and Jack got sick....not a fun experience, especially when you both are sick together. Hope you are feeling better soon. That is such good news about the next door condo. Even if it doesn't sell right away at least the neighbors from he** are gone. Maybe you will have better luck this time with decent people.

Jean: Snow is in our future, too! This time I think we are really going to get it. They are calling it a real Nor'Easter. Suppose to start Sat. night thru mid day on Sunday.....8-12 inches. Can't complain as we have had only two plowable snows so far this year. One of those could have been allowed to just melt....but I think the snow plow guy's wife was kicking him out to earn some money.

Gail: I haven't shopped, this year, half as much as usual. I don't like the way things fit and then I don't like some of the styles out there. Of course, there is, also, the fact that I have so much in my closet I don't have room for more.

Got to have my yearly physical this AM and I guess I will make it for another year. He said, when I listed my complaints, that most was just what one would expect at 73. My knee has been bothering me but it is the tendons behind the knee that are complaining and not inside the knee. It will go away. Did get to have a tetnus shot as the nurse looked it up and found that the last time I had one was 10 years ago....good for another 10 years.
Next month will be the Mammogram thing and then I am through for the year. Yeah!

Have a great weekend all!

Gloria in MA...need to get some food on the table.
nanacas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:01 PM   #21  

Happy Friday to you all! This crazy week just flew by and I'm glad it is over and done with. Next week should be a bit calmer except we have a half day on Friday. The teachers have curriculum meetings in the afternoon and I plan to clear my desk off and come home to pack! It is trying very hard to snow again . . . it is so fine you can hardly see it but it is coming down.

'Gma' -- Tell Jack that I'm sorry he is sick and hope he is feeling better soon! Condos are pretty popular around here . . . we have several along the lake and mostly older people in them. I hope you get some good neighbors this time!

Gloria -- It's nice to see you today! We are supposed to have 'snow flurries' all weekend. The weatherman's and my idea of flurries have been slightly different! I'm glad your physical went well and you are 'good' for another year. I hate going but am relieved when the doctor doesn't find anything wrong except to remind me I should lose more weight. He's never happy!

I'm off to make a grocery list! Hope you all have a great weekend!

Jean -- from Iowa!