Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2006, 07:58 AM   #871  

S/C/G: 209/201.8/155

Height: 163cm

OK - I'll admit it. I've been a pig this weekend - and I don't have any excuses. Are we starting our 21-day challenge tomorrow? I definitely need to.

I'll check in here tomorrow and see if anyone else is up for it. I'm definitely going to start tomorrow, and I am giving myself the simple challenge of walking for an hour every day. getting into the habit of doing situps every other day, and limiting my calories to 1700/day. And most importantly, I have to learn to drink enough water every day. I haven't been very disciplined about that, and it needs to change.

I hope you all had great weekends.

:-)
Ani
Old 11-05-2006, 08:49 AM   #872  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

I'm with you Ani!

Crappy weekend for me too

This move is really putting the pressure on now. 20 days left here, so much crap to get rid of!!!

Two more knives found in my yard today as I mowed the lawn as well.

Just feeling really miserable about everything as well.

Emotional weekend I think best describes it.

I'll post in the AM. And I'll start my 21 day challenge then too. Same plan as before - similar to Anis, but I'll be sticking to my step-ups.

Got a shocking headache right now, so I am off to bed. Night all
Old 11-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #873  

Hey Lindor - knives? Good grief, the sooner you get out of there the better. I know it's going to be a tough 20 days for you until you move, but hang in there…

I feel pretty crappy and annoyed with myself for eating junk all weekend and not exercising. I refuse to weigh in this morning, but I will tomorrow.

But this is Day ONE of a new challenge, and I plan to make the most of it. I will go for a walk this morning, and do situps. I'll reach all the goals I set myself – and I mean it! I refuse to allow a couple of bad days and a really filthy mood to sabotage me, and to undo all the good work I have done for the last three and a bit months.

Good luck to everyone else who is planning to start this new challenge.

Ani
Old 11-05-2006, 05:57 PM   #874  

I weighed in at 82kg!!!! I hate me!!!

It's going to be a tough week this week with a Melbourne Cup luncheon at work and a lunch and dinner arranged for Friday! Going to count them two days as two of my three 'allowed' bad days for this 21 day challenge.

I am going to try for 15mins of step-ups in the morning and 15mins in the evening too - although I haven't done any this morning So 30mins tonight!!

Going to really eat properly too!!

GOING TO DO IT!!!

Good luck Ani...we are in this together!

And where is everyone else????
Old 11-05-2006, 09:35 PM   #875  

S/C/G: 279/ticker/120

Height: 5'4"

Hi girls!!

These last few days have been crazy and Im so glad that I checked in when I did because I would have never known that the new challenge was starting TODAY! Eek! I havent started well, thats for sure, but now that I know, I will get to the store tonight and get into it tomorrow.

Quick one as Carters bloody fussy today and just wants to be held for some reason (teething??), but just to let you know Im around and on board! Good luck on day 1 all!

Britt
xxxx
PS: Im ovulating at the moment, so might not be on as much as we will be doing the baby dance!
Old 11-06-2006, 08:03 AM   #876  

OK … I'm back on track! Today, on Day One of our incredibly exciting adventure, I've consumed 1620 calories of food and 3 litres of water – and I walked for an hour.

How did you go Lindor? No point asking Britt, because she's off trying to make babies … clearly having heaps more fun than you or I ;-).

Tomorrow I plan to do much the same as I did today, except I promise to start the day off by weighing myself - even if I faint when I see what it says. Unlike you Lindor I don't have a Melbourne Cup lunch - so I'll save up my "naughty bad days" for later!

Ani
Old 11-06-2006, 10:03 AM   #877  

I failed

Badly

Feeling somewhat emotional about a lot of things just now...too much happening.

Sorry guys...I want to do this, just kinda struggling right now.

I'll try for day 2.

Well done on your day though Ani
Old 11-06-2006, 05:38 PM   #878  

Hey Lindor, I just had a thought. For this 21-day challenge, why don't you re-think your goals and set some that you know you can achieve. You're going through a very emotionally challenging time, and one which is all about change - so maybe you're putting pressure on yourself by expecting your weight-loss routine to stay the same.

Remember how you lost this first 30kg - by doing it one step at a time? Calling yourself a failure and wanting to give up is very normal, and it's something we all do. But maybe you're putting unrealistic expectations on yourself, and adding pressure to an already tough time.

Me, I weighed in at 98.1kg this morning. Neither good nor bad, except that I had wanted to get BELOW 98kg by now. Never mind - that gives me something to aim at this week. I really hope that by the end of this 21-day challenge, the scales register 96.anything for me. In any case I feel confident that I can stick to my Day Two goals.

Don't give up Lindor, and don't keep beating yourself over the head. You're a lot lighter than me, so it will be harder for you to lose weight at this end of your journey. But you have worked so hard and achieved so much, and I really admire that about you.

Britt, how's the baby-making going? Did you get to the shop to buy your healthy food?

I hope you all have a great Melbourne Cup day!

Ani
Old 11-06-2006, 06:12 PM   #879  

And Lindor, I was just thinking …

I have no idea where, in WA you are, but if I can lend a hand with your moving or packing or anything, I would be happy to help. I have a good car and I'm a handy worker. So if you want a hand, send me a PM - I'd be more than happy to pitch in :-).
Old 11-06-2006, 08:06 PM   #880  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Hi girls

It is Day 2 on the challenge and i am going great. Gee i haven't written that for so long that it was a shock. It is weigh in day tommorrow at WW but i don't think it was a big weight loss week. My head is finally in the right place though so that is a start...a big one for me.

Lindor....you know you can do it and this is just a "little curve in the road" to your journey. Just take one day at a time and try not to beat yourself up too much. You have said the same words to me over the year and been so kind to me it is time to be kind to yourself. to you i know you can do it.

Ani....you still seem focused and with all your walking you should make it to your 96kg by the end of the challenge. Hows your spider bite?

Britt....well you are having much more fun than the rest of us. Just think of all those calories you'll be burning off....

Lindor you may relate to the neighbour dramas. Mine are usually great but for 3 days in a row now my mailbox has been liquidnailed up. I don't know who or why a childish thing has happened but it has freaked me out that maybe i have upset a neighbour. I worry about my animals as i have had a dog baited in the past so i hope they don't go that far. I hope i don't need to move...you know you are doing the right thing by going Lindor...knives..thats scary

My challenge is to exercise at least 4 times per week. I haven't done it for so long and yesterday went for the dreaded hill climb(or heartattack hill as its commonly known) and got so amny blisters that no shoe will go on today. I will have to swim instead although the weather is not real hot today. Just scubbed the showers and raked the lawn so i spose that will count.

Not doing anything for Melbourne Cup this year. Was invited to the races here but declined. Too costly to buy and outfit etc when it will go to waste when i am slim again eh.

Hope all else is welll and coping on the new challengexxxxleeny
Old 11-06-2006, 09:54 PM   #881  

Hey leeny, good to hear that you're in a positive frame of mind, and good luck with the weigh-in tomorrow.

I'm not allowed to walk up and down hills at the moment - apparently hills and stairs are bad for my achilles … so I try and stick to flat walks and gentle slopes. My spider bite is healing - I still have days (like yesterday) where I feel really unwell for no apparent reason, and I think that might be the residual effects of the bite.

Wouldn't wish it on anyone, hey!

I'd be a bit perturbed about the glued-up mailbox too. Do you have any clue about who might be doing it? It sounds like either really bored kids, or someone with a grudge. Have you thought about calling the police?

Anyway, gotta run. I thought I might do my supermarket shopping while the Melbourne Cup is on - no queue :-))
Old 11-07-2006, 08:37 AM   #882  

Blurk!!! Too much Melbourne Cup luncheon food!!!!

Another non-event was today!!!

I just feel so flat, no motivation, nothing!

If I am going to make this challenge work I need to be in it from tomorrow! Friday is going to be another 'off' day as I am out for lunch and dinner then day too!

For someone who has no social life at all I seem to manage to keep myself busy and feasting on junk!!!

Thankyou everyone for you support and kind words. I need it right now and you are all helping!

Ani, especially thankyou for you offer!

My body feels like it has given up for this week...my mind wants to push on though! So here is hoping the mind over rules the body!!!
Old 11-07-2006, 06:01 PM   #883  

Day Two was reasonably on track for me; walked for an hour, ate 1770 calories, and drank 2.2 litres of water. Could have done a little better there, but I'll try and make it happen today.

Day Three is going to be much the same for me, except I am planning to do some situps as well as my usual routine.

Lindor, in relation to your weight-loss, try not to look too far ahead. I know it's hard - but remember you said at the beginning of this challenge, that you were going to have bad days yesterday and Friday. I reckon you should just let them happen, and just make your goals for *today*. We have to incorporate those times into our everyday lives … and you'll still be having 'blurk' days when you're 62kg.

But that's all they are - days that challenge you; they're NOT an indicator of failure.

Ani
Old 11-07-2006, 06:09 PM   #884  
It's ME!

Hi Ladies

Don't know if you guys remember me but I posted a while back, fell off the wagon and am now back on board.

I've taken the plunge and hired 2 personal trainers, one for a Tuesday and one for a Thursday. Started with them 2 weeks ago and can feel the difference already. I think it's good for me to be accountable to someone other than myself and shock horror, I'm actually enjoying going to the gym every day
Old 11-07-2006, 08:06 PM   #885  

Height: 5'5"

Hi ladies
Sounds like everyones got heaps on at the moment. I've been really busy doing nothing exciting! I haven't had time to come on here and keep up with you all.
Can someone please explaine this 21 day challenge to me. I would like to join in if I could.
I'm feeling a bit blue today. Seems no matter how much effort I put in I can't seem to budge any of this lard I'm lugging around with me. Sometimes I wish someone would staple my mouth shut so nothing can get in there!!
I feel like most of my problems revolve around my weight issues. I'm lonely and crave adult company, but I'm afraid to approach people incase they judge me by the way I look. Rather not put myself out there and risk getting hurt than make new friends. Do any of you find its harder to make good friends the older you get? I lost my best friend 5 months ago to cancer and I miss her terribly, and my other bestie lives 400k's away and is moving to Qld next year. i should stop moaning and get off my butt and get something done.
Thanks for listening to me whinge.
Tomorrow will be a brighter day! If I keep telling myself that then maybe it just might be true.

Barb
XXX
Closed Thread