Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 03:04 AM   #61  
Learning to love myself.

Height: 5' 7"

Leeny - It is so wonderful to hear that your hubby is so supportive. That means the world at times like this. I hope that you are able to find another job very soon if that is the path you decide to go down. You asked about what we do when life throws us a curve ball. Well, I used to eat just about every bad thing I could lay my hands on, but I really surprised myself at the end of last year when I was REALLY angry with my school principal. I came home and did a GREAT workout on the treadmill, going faster than I had before and longer than I usually do. I felt as though I got rid of a lot of frustration and I felt SO much better afterwards. Mind you, this is after almost 2 years of being into my healthy lifestyle, so it wasn't something I could have done earlier.

Summer may have almost set in here. Today was fairly warm, although I am not feeling it as much as other people, which I think is due to the fact that I am half the size I used to be. We had 36 today, expecting 35 tomorrow, then cooling a little. This is very pleasant so far. Hubby and I went for a 12km walk yesterday morning. Around the Swan River, for anyone who knows the area. It is called the Bridges walk as you cross over on one bridge and walk along the river to cross the other bridge. We added a couple of km just for the fun of it and ended up walking for 103 minutes at a VERY good pace. Not something I would choose to do on a REALLY hot day, and we are planning on going much earlier next time, but it made me feel wonderful. I wouldn't have even attempted this a few months ago.

Hope you all had a wonderful weekend. I would answer more posts, but I am going to get a couple of things done before my parent/teacher meeting this evening. Catch you all later.

Take care,

Zelma
Old 02-13-2006, 07:22 AM   #62  

Sorry you are having a hard time at the moment Leeny. Your boss sounds like a real piece of work When life throws me a curve ball I usually eat anything bad that we have in the fridge. But I do try to be strong and now I force myself outside and be active otherwise I will just binge. Good luck with whatever you decide to do

Wow Zelma what can I say!! You are such an amazing lady. To see your pictures is truly inspiring and motivating too. I also love the bridges walk too. We do it with the kids on their bikes but we havent made it all the way around yet

Well I managed to exercise today and went and bought lots of fruit and veg for this week. I also booked an appraisal for myself at Curves. I need to workout so will see how it goes next Monday.

Take care girls
Barb.
Old 02-13-2006, 04:26 PM   #63  

A very bright and beautiful morning to all you lovely Aussies.
I was woken this morning by my darling Hubby with a beautiful bunch of flowers a Kiss , coffee (made with skim milk)and a very beautiful card ,So I would say you can’t start a day off much better than that.
Happy Valentines Day to all and many Love and friendship always surround you
Old 02-14-2006, 05:42 AM   #64  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Default A big Hug to all

Hi ladies...firstly I want to really thank you for your support with the "boss from ****"saga. I resigned today. I have not spoken to him only via text and sent a letter in explaining why I was quitting. It was more than just calling me fat that were the issues...he actually forced my hand you know where. I have spoken to my GP and he gave me the 2 weeks off for the required notice I needed so I don't have to see him again. I also have spoken to the Human Rights and Équal Opportunity Commission about a sexual harrassement charge. He won't know what hit him. Sometimes I surprise myself with how strong I am but when my integrity and self worth are damaged well I fight back. I only just hang on to the "loving myself"at times ....I think that is a hangup about my weight thing though. Because I have always my body image my self esteem was always low. This year will be different though...I am 45kg lighter...I will be 40 early march so this is my year....
You ladies are such an inspiration with the diet thing though...I of course have lost the plot....maybe I needed to be kind to myself...however tommorrow is another day...I will be good...I will not let him destroy all the good work I have done...and I might add with not much exercise, I so envy you ladies that do the exercise thing as I can't muster up any energy for that at all. Maybe that will be this year as well.
Thanks again and keep on posting...I love reading all your successes
xxxxleeny
Old 02-14-2006, 06:22 AM   #65  

Hi Girls I joined the “Beat The Bulge” group it started yesterday with a diet challenge you post every day eg: exercise, water drunk, healthy meals eaten .I have never joined one of the challenges before but it feels like it’s working for me as I have gone walking for the last two nights, well I don’t want to be the only person not getting points for the team.
I am so proud of you leeny, you have held up great and I can hear your fighting spirit coming through .You have not let the Basted win, you go girl and give that great Hubby a kiss from all of us, I think I speak for all when I say we are all so happy that you have such a great man beside you
Old 02-14-2006, 10:06 AM   #66  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Leeny, you are one very brave lady!! By resigning, you have done what is best for you. Good luck with the fight...it really sounds like this jerk needs to be stopped.

But don't be too hard on yourself, dieting is a hard enough battle alone without the added pressure of other emotionally draining issues as well.

Be strong and be well

Butter Ball...good luck with the new challenge!!! I'd need to sort out some kind of exercise routine before I could even consider doing a challenge like that. I have NO MOTIVATION when it comes to exercise!!! But if it wasn't for the exercise bit, I'd probably consider it.

I drink about 1.5 - 2 litres of water a day. Before a few weeks ago, my only fluid intake was coffee and diet coke. I still drink coffee, but have stopped the diet coke.

I eat regular meals with lots of fruit and vegies. Before a few weeks ago, I only ate what came out of a packet or what was wrapped up.

I eat at 'normal' hours and I keep my meal times consistant. Before a few weeks ago, I ate...errr...I gorged when ever I felt like it.

Before a few weeks ago, I struggled to sleep if I went to bed at a reasonable hour, and I'd nap during the day. Now I don't feel tired during the day, and I am in bed before midnight most nights and I wake up feeling rested.

I am feeling GREAT!! And I am kicking myself for wasting so many years with bad habits that I now see were affecting my life in more ways than I thought!

I know it is early days still, but I am actually enjoying this at the moment...and I am so determined to go on!

Will catch up with you later
Old 02-14-2006, 10:58 PM   #67  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

You girls are going so well, I'm really proud of each and every one of you.

Leeny, congrats on putting yourself first and giving your boss exactly what he deserves. I hope he really learns his lesson and well. Take time for yourself, you need it, and keep your focus on yourself for now. Eat well, move a little more and cherish yourself.

Lindor, you go girl, you have come so far already. I cant give up the diet coke, but thats probably cause its my only source of caffiene. But I've cut right back and have 2 bottles of water in the freezer ready for school tonite. You are going great guns. I'm not over the tired in the afternoon business yet, but my body is always trying to heal my liver so it seems to zap my energy.

I joined the Biggest Loser site last night, and signed up for their weightloss program. I hope they come up with a better menu plan soon, Weetbix makes me nauseated, and I'm allergic to stuff like salmon.

I got down to the gym this morning and did another pump class followed by 10 minutes on the treadmill, only because my body said, whoa, thats enough exercise for this morning.

Catch you all soon

Butter Ball, you go for it with the challenge, I'll have to go pop in there myself.
Old 02-15-2006, 01:18 AM   #68  

Morning Aussie chicks, I am off to work today Was meant to have the whole week off, but my boss was desperate today, so in I trot. I am already in my gym gear (we have a little gym at work) and I plan to do a cardio and fitball routine this morning.

A great day yesterday, I weant to the gym three times!!!! I went in the morning for cardio and a swim, at lunch time there was an aquaerobics class, so I joined that, then I went in the evening, nothing on telly, DH at pool in the pub, so off I went. It was very quiet.

I have my induction at my sparkly new gym tomorrow, which I am strangely excited about. It's a lot bigger than the one I currently use, with a pool that's open all the time, and a great yoga studio, and a huge abs area.

All of you make sure you have some nice fruit for me today. All the fruit here at the moment is imported and I am dying for a mango, strawberries, melon etc.
Old 02-15-2006, 06:23 PM   #69  

Default ~

1kg down! So pleased with myself this week. It feels great to be back eating healthy again.

Leeny~Big hugs and lots of luck! I hope you make that loser suffer.

Butter ball~Goodluck with the group. I might be brave enough to join one day too

Lindor~Keep it up you are doing so well! Its amazing how losing weight can make you feel. My hair,skin,nails and bowels (sorry TMI) are much better for it already.

kykaree~Enjoy the new gym! Bummer about the fruit Its so yummy here at the moment.

Well I have a busy day ahead of me with the kids,which is the way I like it The whether is cooler so we are going to go down to south perth and go for a nice walk along the river

Have a great day everyone!
Barb.
Old 02-15-2006, 07:56 PM   #70  
leeny

Default Keep on smiling...I am

Thanks again guys for all your support. You are all fabulous. We don't even know each other but have formed a great chat I feel. There are now 8 of us...I feel like I know you all.
Zed - Thanks for your support...You are right. I have a great man that supports me with whatever I do. He is so even natured and says I what feel in my heart is the right thing to do. I hope you have someone in your life. OUr weight loss journey is hard enough eh by ourselves...support with our fam and of course here is great.
Barb - 1 kg down - you go girl!!!It must have been all the walking you are doing in Perth. I hear it is a lovely city...one day...oh thats right I have no job..definitely am poor at the moment..keep on going you will make it
Zelma - well what can I say..you inspire me and keep me thinking I will do this
Butterball - you are amazing at the exercise thing. You must enjoy it. I hate it. I remember once at a Weight Watchers meeting (yes I have been 12 times) the lecturer said that one day I feel find an execise that I will enjoy ...sorry still looking. You do it for me...although I have just finished vacumming the house(and it is very big), sweat dripping and the big red face so I suppose that is just a different form of exercise.
Lindor - Well I love the diet coke too. I have tried the new Coke Zero..too yummy. Did you all know that the caffiene in coke is so minimal is not worth bothering about. An average person can handle about 900mg of caffeine daily. A cup of coffee has 300mg, tea about 10mg and diet coke about 3mg...you would have to drink a lot of coke to affect you. The aspartame in the coke as well will only cause damage if you are sensitive to it and that is really rare. Aspartame is actually found in apples, bananas...actually a lot of fruit and it is higher that the coke. So the moral of this story is I am not bothered by my 2 glasses a day...It keeps me away from cakes.
KathyHegg - I am taking time for myself and concentrating on the diet now...I will put all that behind me and move forward.
Kykaree - You seem to have the exercise thing down pat as well. I m hoping by getting on line you may be sending me vibes and well one day
Phew - I hope i have not missed anyone as you are all great. I jumped on the scales this morning to see what damage there was after a "lapse". I surprised myself and am actually down .680g Better than a gain I suppose.
Old 02-15-2006, 08:03 PM   #71  
leeny

Default Sorry I typed too much and ran out of room

Sorry guys..I raved on too much and ran out of room...had to post another. Thanks again guys for your support..I needed it and feel I am on the right track again with my diet. I am actuall going into hospital Tuesday 28th for my Tummy tuck..I am nervous and excited at the same time. Because I have lost lots of weight welll the tummy thing is not pretty. Another big decision but a "moving forward"one I feel.
Keep on getting skinnier - we are all great
Old 02-16-2006, 01:29 AM   #72  

Oh you brave woman Leeny, I am a wimp! You'll be in our thoughts.

The exercise thing didn't come easy to me. I am about as athletic as a walrus. But if you exercise, you can eat a bit more, always a good thing, and it helps with the happy hormones too. I don't have to take antidepressants any more, and I am sure exercise (and a good diet) has helped.

You will find an exercise you love, promise!!! But you have to try em to find one For me its swimming and fitball. I have discovered I actually have decent balance and core strength. Who knew under all that fat there were abdominal muscles just dying to come out!!!

Nearly time to get my bus and explore this new gym!!!! It's a group induction so knowing my luck it will all be super fit skinny people!!! I find myself justifying all the time, that I have actually lost 30 kilos, and I'm not some deluded person joining a gym on a whim.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:48 AM   #73  

Hi girls how did everyone’s day go .Me I got up at 5.30am and its just gone 12.45am so I am totally done in. I left home at 6.30am and arrived back home at 8.15pm, I then picked up our grandson and took him for a walk in his pram (I was thinking that I think I would rather have hot bamboo shoots under my finger nails that exercise ……no its true).
I have been walking every night after work (normally only 12 hour shifts) because I don’t want to be the person in the challenge with no exercise point…oh well what ever works I suppose.
Leeny you have a great inner strength I don’t think I could ever have a tummy tuck, I’m hoping my tummy will go back to something around what is “normal” I have pretty good skin, well apart from I have Rosacea a skin disorder on my face, but my tummy skin has gone back after both my daughters, even after having large red stretch marks, so I will just keep hoping.
~Barbara~ Great work, I hope I start to lose weight soon, now that I am putting in some effort (I could put in more)
Kykaree How did the GYM thing go????
Kathyhegg how are you going on the biggest loser
Lindor maybe you might be like me and feel that you have to do some exercise because you have to write it down for all to see, maybe a challenge is just what you need
I need bed girls be strong and good to yourself .
Karen (butter Ball No More)
Old 02-16-2006, 10:01 AM   #74  

The new gym is amazing!!! it's very shiny and everything is new. There are weird things in there, like Power Plates, Cardio Waves and stair climbers that look like escalators. It's very friendly, and there were lots of fat people there!! Yay!!! I was a bit worried it might all be super slim yummy mummy types, but not the case. No cute guys though Perhaps peak hour will be better No point going to the gym if there isn't anything nice to look at

The pool is lovely, the spas are amazing, really big, and there's a nice steam room with lights that look like stars, they even twinkle!

I could get used to the high life!!! My old gym is just a tin shed really, but I will miss the staff, they're all excellent.
Old 02-16-2006, 06:39 PM   #75  

Morning Girls just dropping in to say Hi to bump us or we will be on page 4 or 6
have a great day for all and get off your butt and
Closed Thread