Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2006, 05:36 AM   #46  

I had a nice romantic Valentines Night planned, but DH announces that not only is he playing pool on V day itself but on Monday and Wednesday night as well!! Ah the romance. At least the gym will be empty Valentines night

It might get up to 8 degrees today!!!! How exciting!!!! Get out the shorts!

I'm from Tasmania originally, so really I should be used to the miserable weather!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 06:58 AM   #47  

Hi Everyone

I am another West Aussie coming along to say Hi! I am turing 30 this year so I am here to get motivated to lose the bulge before my big day.
I am married to a great guy who loves me no matter what my size thankfully and have 2 children DD 3 and DS 2yrs old. I am a happy SAHM.

I havent been following any plan as such just eating healthy and cutting out all the junk. The only exercise I have is the occasional walk to the park or running around after the kids. I need to find a fun way to exercise?

Look forward to chatting to you all

Barb.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:35 AM   #48  

bump
Old 02-11-2006, 10:10 AM   #49  

S/C/G: 109.6kg/104.6kg/67kg (15/8/10)

Height: 170cm

Welcome Kykaree, glad you could join us Once an Aussie always an Aussie I say!!! You have had such success so far with your weight loss I am sure you will provide a great source of inspiration to us too.

Welcome also Barbara! My big downfall is exercise too, so if you learn any fun ways please be sure to pass them my way too.

So it's been a pretty busy few days for me, just with overtime at work and training for a possible new job. Kinda good in the sense that it has kept my mind off of junk food ideas I am just over half way through a 14 day stretch at work.

Still managing to be good with my eating habits. Spoilt myself the other day with a Magnum icecream, but refused to allow myself to get upset over it, and continued with my 'healthy' eating regime since.

Exercise is still not happening I want to do it, but just lack the energy and motivation after working all day...which I guess is no excuse because I no doubt others manage it. One day, I PROMISE!

Anyway...keep up the good work ladies!!!
Old 02-11-2006, 11:49 AM   #50  

I work out 5 - 6 times a week, and it is hard. I have to leave at 7 to get to work for 9, my commute is an hour and a half with half an hour "crisis aversion" as I have one bus and two trams to get, all sorts of things can go wrong! So I work til 5, its nearly 7 by the time I get home, so I then head to the gym. I am lucky to have a gym at work, so lately I have been going in my lunch hour, or sometimes I leave super early and go before work. It all depends.

It snowed today, settled for a little while, but its all melted now. I was all excited, I love snow. DH and I took a steam train to a neighbouring village, and I went shopping. Our supermarkets sell clothes, so I bought a couple of tops and some cullottes. I love shopping!!!
Old 02-12-2006, 04:48 AM   #51  

Thanks for the welcomes
I am off to the pool tomorrow to start exercising! Its been yukky hot here and I love the water so it might be just the thing for me.
Lets all have a great week!

Barb.
Old 02-12-2006, 06:18 AM   #52  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Default Thanks for your support

Hi guys
Thanks Butter Ball for the fleas in the armpits joke....I have to go to work tommorrow and face the so and so..not looking forward to that at all...it might be my last day...life is far too short to put up with that .....!!!Since he told me I was fat I have totally lost the plot...my 16 year old had a birthday and we had the family BBQ...that was Saturday night...well it is now Sunday night and I have successfully finished off all the leftovers(including the Cake) . I feel digusted in myself and actually feel bloated and sick to the stomach. I don't know why upsets set me off on the eating binge AGAIN. What do you ladies do when life throws a curve ball???I seem to cope with food every time. Funny thing is that it really does not do any good anyway. Monday is a new week and maybe things will turn out for the best. I am back on the diet as from Breakie tommorow..,.I want to feel good about myself and not let anybody tell me I am not. It is hard to diet all the time and we need all the support we can get...thanks everyone for keep on posting...this is my lifesavoiur at the moment as I feel like that the diet is all just too hard at times. I'm sure you all can relate to that feeling. Thanks again...leeny.
Old 02-12-2006, 07:26 AM   #53  

(((leeny))) Slip-ups happen! So you had a bad weekend so far as the dieting goes, put that behind you and try to remember only the good things of the weekend - don't keep beating yourself up. It takes courage to admit to slipping up, it takes strength and determination to get up and fight another day!! You have that and I have every faith in you getting back on the wagon and moving forward again. You can do this...we all can do this!

So far in the three weeks that I have been dieting I have not really been tempted by the stock in the fridge. (The Magnum icecream was more of a treat while doing a little touristy drive - I still felt guilty none-the-less). I am also an emotional eater, but I have been feeling pretty happy and full of life the last month or so, so as long as that continues I think I'll be 'right! From experience these feelings of happiness don't often last long though

I think if my boss told me I was fat I'd probably crumble in a heap. I copped a lot of those comments as a child from my brother and my father. My mother (who is stick thin!) always pointed out my weight problem - she still does even today! If I went to her with a sore leg or foot or something, the first thing she'd say would be 'well your weight doesn't help much'. Sad isn't it? These comments might seem innocent enough to the people making them but - WOW!!! - don't they have a lasting effect on us?

"Sticks and stones may break my bones but word will never hurt me" - PFFFT!!! Who ever made that statement knows JACK_ _ _ _!!!

Stay strong Leeny...we will make it!!

BTW...further to Butter Ball's fleas joke, I heard a similar variation:

"May the fleas of a thousand camels infest the crotch of the person who p#%?!s you off, and may their arms be too short scratch!"

Or something like that anyway
Old 02-12-2006, 02:46 PM   #54  

I would have been sacked coz I would have said, well I may be fat mate but your F...lippin ugly and I can lose weight! I was bullied all my life as a kid, and to heck if I'd take it as an adult. The man deserves more than a plague of fleas!!!

I did a very Oprah kinda thing when I decided to tackle my weight issues. I decided in October 2004 that losing weight would be a New Years Resolution. i sat down and wrote all the reasons I thought I was fat and what I could do to overcome them. Eating for reasons other than hunger, eating when stress, eating coz it's fun, cooking because its thereapeutic and a haterd and fear of exercise were the biggies.

I wrote a list of strategies for overcoming these. I got a trainer (who comes free with my package at work, I am very lucky) joined a local gym too so I could exercise at weekends (and got another fab trainer) and started to exercise to maintain my levels of stress. On weekends if I get bored or anxious, I swim or weight lift. I don't have kids, but if I did, I would plan as many activites as I could for weekends that didn't involve eating.

Having said that, I control my calories during the week so I can have a treat or two at weekends. If you eat a balanced diet most of the time, the occasional cherry ripe (oh I miss them!) or magnum is not going to kill your efforts.
Old 02-12-2006, 04:01 PM   #55  

Thumbs up

Good Morning Girls , Well this is a new week and what a great day to start being positive .
I love this quote: Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow” Well Girls this is tomorrow so let’s try hard for OURSELFS
Leeny I am sending you good vibes for today, I hope all is ok for you today at work.I also send to all some
RE: the week-end it must have had something to do with the weather (In Queensland LOL) because all I wanted to do all weekend was eat sweet things, I didn’t only because I don’t have any in the house and I was not getting in the car to go to the shop to get junk food (boy was it hard but I feel as if I have got a point on the score board now).
To your question What do you ladies do when life throws a curve ball??? I am sorry to say that up till now about the same as you ,but this weekend I really tried hard not to give in and so far (three days and believe me this weekend has not been smooth sailing) it has worked ,I keep telling myself that I am better than that sweet. Because we all know that it only feels better while it’s in our mouth, not once we eat it, but this is our life and we have to put up with some butt heads, but we don’t have to let them WIN
kykaree send me some of your organization I need it. you are doing great good on ya.
Well girls I have to get the shopping done and ready for work tomorrow yukkkkkkkkkk
Old 02-12-2006, 05:24 PM   #56  

Well, I just done my weekly weigh-in...I am down another 2kgs!!
Old 02-12-2006, 06:13 PM   #57  

Lindor you have done great I'm still the same but feeling more incontrol this week so here is hoping for all
Old 02-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #58  
leeny

S/C/G: 142/85/66

Default Thanks for the support

A big thank you to all you lovely ladies out there is cyberspace. It is Monday morning and I was supposed to go to work. I am not...instead chatting to you. I could not face him today..he said some terrible things( I won't even mention all of them) that have deeply hurt me. I know my weight is an issue with me( and problably always will be... has been all my life)but to be humiliated I do not deserve. My wonderful husband says to resign. I have just rang Centrelink to see if I am entitled to any dollars if I do so..unfortuneatly no...but hey money is not everything. I think to be a strong person I must do this and finally stand up for myself. So maybe this is the start of the new me in the new year. I have worked there for 4 years and have put up with a lot of crap...it is time to move on I feel...he is just a big bully...maybe he has insecurities himself and needs to feel good about himself...so makes me small(or should I have said big).
I did not weigh myself today after the weekend disaster but have started the day right. I am supposed to have my tummy tuck done in a few weeks time...who knows now..my husband says go for it...it will make me feel better about myself. Big decisions in my head at the moment.
Thanks guys for being supportive. I am pleased to hear some of us are on track...I just had a little detour. Leeny
Old 02-12-2006, 08:12 PM   #59  
Aussie Chick

S/C/G: 99/86/65

I haven't weighed either today, the weekend was a right off, no exercise, and too much junk food. I did go to the gym today, but my heart wasn't really in it. Ho Hum. I'll go to pump class and combat tomorrow.

Catch you soon
Old 02-13-2006, 01:41 AM   #60  

I'm not weighing at all at the moment, as my weight loss is stalling again. It does that when I weight train, and my inches still go down, so do my fat percentages, so I don't worry what the scales say!

I have most of the week off this week. I am up at 6.30 this morning to go to the gym and pool, and then I will do some planning for my forthcoming trip to Oz!!!! yay!!!!!!
Closed Thread