Old 01-31-2006, 01:07 AM   #46  

So, had a really good food today so I'm psyched about that. Got in some exercise too, so all and all it's been good.

2 more days to my first weigh in since the B I G S H O C K E R of last week.

So, I've got everything xxed.

Thanks for the support folks!
beginme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:37 AM   #47  

Hello everyone!

72 Butterfly - Crackers and hummus isn't a terrible crime! I know its annoying when we dont do perfectly. I wonder sometimes if that is one of the problems - that we are perfectionists. I know that as a kid I hated sports because (thanks to undiagnosed asthma) I wasnt the best. So I tended not to do it at all. Silly hey? I didn't want to do it unless I was the best.

Emjay71 - It is SO nice to see that I'm not the only one with a weakness for those adult beverages! I keep track of mine on my calorie counter website and sometimes there % are a bit embarrassing! i.e. 45% Carbs, 25% fat, 22% protein, 8% alcohol!!!!!! My New Years resolution is to get it much lower!

Ms Crockett - You are very welcome. Any preferences in diet plans?

beginme - Good luck with the weigh in. I've just FINALLY finished TOM so I'm hoping for some results asap!

Wanted to share a bit of insight I got last night. Me and the man went food shopping and had a row on the way round. It was something stupid and over quickly but it happened when we were walking down past the chocolate. I was overcome with this urge to just grab the chocolate and eat it. I was so frustrated with him at that point not listening to me and in some way I thought that my eating or overeating would communicate that I was pissed off with him.

In my family we've never been very good at arguments, tending to avoid them at all costs. I always knew that I ate because I was angry. I just never knew I ate to communicate that I was angry! Stupid really because who's going to understand that? Anyway it opened my eyes to that weirdness which is obviously something I've been doing for years! And as no-one going to say 'you're obviously angry as you're eating chocolate,' its never going to be acknowledged so the anger isn't going to go away!

Hope that made sense! Sometimes I think too much!
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 06:53 AM   #48  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Height: 5'5½

Coley – I was pretty amazed with myself too for staying away from the food table . Next time I’m faced with it, I will remember that I was able to conquer it before!

Tarot is a bit strange, but I like it and am always intrigued by it!

Your post about eating to communicate that you were angry REALLY struck me. That is SO me! Anger is one of the MAIN reasons I pretty much expanded quickly to get where I am now. I still feel like a walking time bomb at times, because I am angry and I’m also very sad and I just don’t always know how to say it. It’s a long story, but it has a lot to do with my parents and growing up. I tend to keep everything inside. People who really know me, KNOW that I’m like this because I’ve had such a hard time, because it shows in my weight, my skin (I have pretty bad excema on my hands) and my hair (I have alopaecia so I get bald spots!!).

Now the question is – how do we deal with the anger instead of eating to show it?

Butterfly – WOW lots of exercise this weekend! Glad you liked your yoga class too! I have been thinking about yoga for a while now… but I too did a class AGES ago and really didn’t like it… it was just a drop in class so I felt really lost with the moves and, on top of that, they wanted us to breathe in one nostril and out the other and I thought “That’s it! I’m outta here!”

Definitely don’t worry about your slip-up. Think about it… before you were busy with losing weight you would have “slipped up” even worse possibly!! Crackers and hummous is surely a MUCH better choice than cookies, ice cream, chocolate, pizza, etc… I think you made an excellent choice for a 1am snack attack!

Beginme – I definitely normally have problems on the weekends. It has everything to do with structure and control. During the week I can be in much better control. Preparing my food, eating at certain times, etc. Weekends can just be too crazy. It’s something I want to really learn how to deal with better.

Glad you had a good food day AND exercise!! Woot!!

I’m crossing everything for you for your w/i as well!!!

NY Rabbit – Where are you originally from? I have a very good friend, from high school actually, who moved to NYC also, but now several years ago. She lives in Brooklyn. It was also hard for her in the beginning, but I guess as with any place it gets easier with time! I personally didn’t have ANY friends or social life for my first 3 years in this country, so I can relate!

Your weight loss so far is EXCELLENT! Congratulations! Do you like WW so far?

I guess there are several of us now who eat during rougher times. I just don’t know how to break the pattern, but I wish I did.

I, too, like my caloric beverages! Last weekend I made sure to drink at least a litre of water while I was drinking my vodka/Cassis Light. Of course it’s easy at home, going out is another story… and I have discovered a place in town that makes mojitos… luckily for my body we don’t have a lot of cash to go out much, but when we do…

FishWoman – I did the same when I was vegetarian; I would go on and off of a few select animals just so that I was getting some sort of decent nutrients in my body. I remember a LONG time ago, I worked a night shift and LIVED off of pasta and espresso. Then I wondered why I would pass out occasionally, when I had almost NO iron in my blood… silly, silly, girl!

Do you know how much extra time it would take you do eat the way you really want to? Is there anything you could skim some time off of? I know that changing out lifestyles CAN be timeconsuming when we are not used to incorporating it in our daily lives.

Tayja - you know my name, you can call me by it! I have my name in my sig but it only shows up on the first post of a new page I post on

MJ – “only” a pound is STILL a pound and STILL a loss!! Way to go!!

Another adult beverage indulger in the group!! Seems to be a theme here!

MsCrockett to the group!

I am doing Weight Watchers at the moment and I only just started exercising. You should be able to lose with any plan w/no or limited exercise in the beginning anyway. You must do some type of movement for work, don’t you?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Today is my w/i day! Actually tonight! I’m nervous!!
PinkyPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:09 AM   #49  
The Me I Wanna Be !

S/C/G: 212/200/180

Height: 5'2

Ok Renee will do

just wasnt sure since it seems everyone around here is more on a username basis then a first name basis

Getting ready to head off to school... I hope everyone in this group has a wonderful day today
Tayja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 07:23 AM   #50  

Coley and Velveteen thanks for the support. The perfectionist part does trip me up. I think overdoing everything last time is what knocked me off the wagon. Here's the story. I had lost 129 pounds then put 93.5 of it back on. I've let go of that and moved on. I've lost 10 pounds this month and am extremely happy about that. I have done this before and I will do it again. This time it will stay off with the support of my 3FC friends. I don't know if any of you are familiar with the Myers-Briggs test. They tested me at work and I am an ISTJ. I know people say don't get locked into that stuff but when I read the profile: ITS ME! One of the things they say is ISTJ women struggle with their weight. I pride myself on being self aware and I truly believe that will get me through this journey successfully this time.

Exercise..I do really like it. I am dragging and screaming the entire way but once I am there I work hard. Afterwards I feel that natural high and if I sweat a lot that is even better. I am working out 4 times a week. In a few months I will move that up to 5 times a week and stay there until I have met my goals. I may have to adjust that I will see. I am sticking to the 4 times a week now because I have a lot on my plate right now and I don't want to push too much then I will want to quit (self aware).

Gotta go. Happy Tuesday
72butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:00 AM   #51  

Default Can I join?

Hi everyone,

Can I join your group??

I'm 32, no kids, with about 50-60 to lose. I just joined WW again and lost 1.6 pounds in my first week which brings my weight loss to 4.1 pounds (not alot, but it's a start!).

I'm also a lifetime WW member and this time after my loss, I hope to stay one!!!

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 01:12 PM   #52  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Tayja - that's true, it's definitely more anonymous here than at OLU

Butterfly - I understand about perfectionism. I was reading on another website about the definition of perfectionism and how it differs from person to person. One thing that really struck me was that the "all or nothing" way of looking at it, really doesn't work - we become WAY too hard on ourselves. I mean, let's face it, making mistakes is HUMAN. NO ONE is perfect and that's why you need to give yourself a break every so often. In fact, the best thing (in my humble opinion ) is to celebrate the positive each and every day, make sure you pat yourself on the back for all the good that you did, rather than just one or two "bad" things. There's also the words "bad" and "good" which I think are way too vague for everyday life and situations. You can only do what is best for you at the time. We are faced constantly with choices... and like I said earlier... you had hummous and crackers... how many people do you know who do something "bad" or slip up eat something as healthy as that? Usually it's fast food, or pizza, ice cream, chocolate... something we end up feeling very guilty about, because we are programmed (or rather, somewhere along the line we or someone else programmed us to feel that way) to feel that way. Be good to yourself and you really will acheive what you want

I do like exercise myself too, but I'm exactly the same way! You have to practically light a fire under my a$$ but once I get going, I love it! I love the way I feel afterwards, yes, even the sweat also, it's like "proof" that I did something good for my body! 4 times a week is really AWESOME - I haven't even managed twice yet! Keep up the good work!

MsCrockett - I'm glad you have been able to figure out what is right for you! Anything we can support you with, you can count on us!

Hellokittyfan - Hi Lisa and Glad to have you with us and CONGRATS on your loss so far! I'm also a returning lifetimer! Let's do it this time and NOT have to go through the whole thing again!

By the way I also love Hello Kitty!
Old 01-31-2006, 02:18 PM   #53  
fat chick FKA Velveteen

Hooray!!! 1.2 KG down this week / 2.65 lbs!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 02:47 PM   #54  

I get the whole perfectionist thing too! How is it we manage to use it against ourselves so much?!?!?

Well, I couldn't wait one more day, so I got on the scale today. I'm down 1 lb. Not as much as I hoped give how hard I've worked this week, but still, the scale is headed in the right direction!!

I'm going to be happy with it.

It's so exciting to see this group growing so quickly!!

Thanks to Velveteen (which is my fav. book of all time) for getting us all together.

It's so comforting to read all the stories!
Old 01-31-2006, 03:40 PM   #55  
Lost in NY

Hi all

We've got some great losses in here so far!! Let's keep those scales creeping downward!!!!

Velveteen...Congrats on your loss by the way! I'm originally from Phoenix AZ...then moved to Massachusetts...then here to NY. I like it here in a lot of ways, but there are just soooo many people that it's easy to feel lost and even easier to feel alone, which is a pretty weird thing based on the sheer number of human beings roaming about.

I do like WW so far...I miss many of my old habits (like lots of ice cream and chocolate!!) but what can I do? If I want to be thinner, then the ice cream had to go. How many points are you getting a day? I'm at 26...that's not too bad. Would love a few more, of course.

Last night I wound up way under on my points, but today I am running toward the higher end. Ah well...a small dinner is in my future I suppose.

I can totally relate to the communicating anger through eating. But you're right - it doesn't work - so why do we do it? Something to be paid close attention to I think.

And I say yay for crackers and hummus. In my moments of weakness I turn to candy or cookies. So more power to you.

Keep on keepin' on everyone!
NYRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:28 PM   #56  

Default Hey!

Hi everyone,

NYrabbit - I have the same points each day (26). Most days I find it hard to eat enough points (hard to believe, but true!). I eat so many fruits and veggies and some of them have no points.

It is tough, I miss eating whatever I want, but I'm trying my best. Keep up the good work!!

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:15 AM   #57  

Mornin Ladies,

Lovely to see lots of people here! Am in a bit of a mood today as my TOM has finally finished and I'm a pound up on when it started! Havent eaten more so my body owes me! Fingers crossed for tomorrows scale visit!
coley144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:31 PM   #58  

Ok, I couldn't resist and got on the scale again today---down another 2 lbs for a total of 3 lbs.

Yippee!!
Old 02-01-2006, 12:33 PM   #59  

Wait a minute.... where's my tracker?
Old 02-01-2006, 12:51 PM   #60  
Lost in NY

Hi all

hellokittyfan - I have the same points too (26). Our leader was telling us though that it is okay to eat lower than that if we are not hungry, but that we should never go lower than 20 because 20 is the bare minimum needed for proper nutrition. So I kind of look at it like I am on a scale between 20 and 26. Monday night I only got to 20, last night I got to 25. I wish I liked more vegetables - it would make it much easier to fill me up for low or no points. As it is I am a little anti-vegetable, unless it's a salad. And then there's that pesky dressing because I tend to hate low fat/fat free versions.

coley - no worries, that pound will disappear!

beginme - great loss, congrats!

Have a great day everyone.
NYRabbit is offline   Reply With Quote