Old 03-19-2006, 11:27 AM   #106  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

Fly-by buttinsky, here!

Amarantha, of course refined flour and sugar both make the bod retain fluid like nobody's business, too. So I'm sure those pounds will be gone in a twinkling and will likely take a friend or two with them. I've been weighing self daily and often if I've indulged in that stuff -- even if overall cals were OP -- I'll see a 2 or 3 pound gain the next day. I am seriously on the wagon
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #107  
Empress/Queen

Talking Yo!

Thanks for the encouragin' words, Arabella, I'm sure that's the answer, too, and am also really serious about bein' off the stuff again. I think one week in a year might be a good thing, actually, I enjoyed the release of eatin' the stuff but am back to feelin' as if I don't need it.

My "challenge" for this week is to work toward an average of 1707 (Fitday PC's prescription to lose a pound of fat ... actually, I can eat more than that if I stay off the refined stuff), eat no more than 2000 per day, eat no refined sugar or flour or any o' the usual suspects, run or walk a total of eight miles at any speed as I continue to train for the half marathon and more imperative for the one-miler I will do April 23 ... I can already run a decent mile with no problem but it's my first ever race and I want to feel comfy, do two weight training sessions featuring my adorable new "girlie" barbell, attend exercise class twice and do one walk/run in park with trainer ... all this whilst having the last o' the March difficult work weeks.

I got through here pretty easily so will hope to update on this challenge daily, even if it's late in the day.

I'm not exactly doing BFLFW anymore but am with the plan in spirit!
Amarantha2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 07:32 AM   #108  
the sword bearer

S/C/G: 209/140

Yes, I'm seeing a slight increase in the numbers also and the only difference is more refined flours and some sugars. I've managed to stay away from the demon booze, so no empty calories there. However, the walking is good and yesterday my water consumption was up, so I figure just continue on my merry way and it will drop off again. I need to up the distance again...since I seem to becoming fitter, my times are faster....

Kids are back at school today after March Break...so life returns to more "normal". Anyway....walk, weights and floor exercises on the menu this am...along with laundry and maybe some vacuuming! Avanti!
ceara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2006, 07:20 AM   #109  
deleted2

Default Food/Exercise for Mar. 18

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
brocolli quiche

2 ww bread w/ lite swiss, cabbage, onions. mustard

2 small lo-carb bars

brown rice w/ spicy tofu and vegs.

1 w toast w/ better-butter [a blend of olive oil and butter!]

water: 3 glasses
Calories: ?
exercise: 2 miles treadmill
20 min. dumbells
Old 03-21-2006, 07:30 AM   #110  
deleted2

Default March 19

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
3 multi-grain pancakes w/ maple syrup, strawberies
1 soy 'sausage'

4 ww crackers w/ cashew butter

2 ww w/ lite swiss, onions, cabbage, mustard
cucumber slices
3 pcs. dried mango

1 pc. ww toast w/ cheese

water: 4 glasses
calories: 1685
exercise: none
Old 03-21-2006, 07:34 AM   #111  
deleted2

Default March 20

Coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
brocolli quiche w/ oat crust
2 'sausages'

2 w w/ lite swiss, cabbage, onion, mustard
strawberries
clif 'nectar' bar

red bean soup
sea chips w/ 1/4 cup guacamole
2 tbsp. barley-sweet. choc. chips

8 oz. grape juice
1 ww toast w/ butter

water: 6 glasses
calories: 2140
exercise: 35 min. treadmill
10 min. Pilates
Old 03-21-2006, 07:56 PM   #112  
Empress/Queen

Hi, guys! I'm on a flybye from a work computer ... have to go to meeting in a sec. I didn't meet any of my challenge today but cals are still good. Re exercise didn't go to the class and didn't run ... will run in park with trainer tomorrow ... today was just a "collapse" day after the marathon (not the fun kind) work session.

Everyone is doin' great! E, what are lo carb bars?
Old 03-22-2006, 06:57 AM   #113  
HRH Arabella, Woods Nymph

S/C/G: 256/ticker/165

Height: 5'8

And what are sea chips?
Arabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 07:12 AM   #114  
deleted2

Amarantha, I don't even remember the brand of the bars---maybe Slim-fast or something? They were the little ones that come 6 to a box, mallitol-sweetened. They weren't good and I won't buy them again. I need to make my own treats and I haven't had a chance to do that lately.

Arabella, sea chips have been around forever. They're just corn chips seasoned with various powdered seaweeds! Sometimes I just get a craving for them.
Old 03-22-2006, 08:02 AM   #115  
Empress/Queen

Yea, E, I need to make my own treats also ... only way and they are so much better than stuff in a box! I'm running in park with trainer today and then will stop at the whole foods market and work on stocking up on items for cooking. I have some promising recipes to tweak into my own healthier versions. I also want to make some of those frozen veggie quiche cups that are in the South Beach cookbook ... been wanting to do this for ages ...
Old 03-22-2006, 05:31 PM   #116  
deleted2

Default March 21

coffee w/ 1/2 and 1/2
veg quiche w/ oat crust

1/2 cup brown rice w/ "chicken" seitan strips, vegs, 1 tsp. goddess dressing
apple w/ 1 tbsp. peanut butter and maple syrup

And then it all went to ****......Don't know why. I was at work preparing a reception and it was there and then, well, I don't want to talk about it. Oh the fat grams!

The best thing about yesterday was I had a great workout! 45 min. working my lower body and 15 min. with dumbells. Apparently that was the most 'sincere' lower body workout I've done in a while because today I'm delightfully sore!
Old 03-23-2006, 05:14 PM   #117  
Empress/Queen

RAN A 14-MINUTE MILE! Huzzah! Actually, I ran 1.5 in 21 minutes, which is a 14-minute mile pace! My previous best pace since starting this project was 17.5 ... I used to run a 12-minute mile in the good ol' days long ago and far away (well, actually 10 years ago right here, but anyway ...) ... this is not bad for ME (slow for some, I don't care 'bout THEM, just ME!)

Then things went downhill a bit and I ate sugar again ... s'ok as I have decided not to be so strict ... still giving up sugar (again) and the white stuff, but if items have a tiny bit of cornstarch (like the low carb tortillas I like), I'm going to stop obsessing over things like that ... and if I occasionally lapse into sugar, I'm just going to ignore it and go on with my plan ... so no sweat.

Low glycemic (fairly) snack idea: Cashew butter tortillas ... spread one tablespoon cashew butter on a sugar free, low carb, 100 percent whole wheat tortilla (small size ... I use La Tortilla Factory Lo Carb ... 50 cals, fold like burrito and wrap in foil (much like a Hostess Ho-Ho in the ol' days when they were wrapped in foil not a cellophane-like thing on a cardboard slab) ... freeze, grab and go for lunch, snacks ... thaw or microwave.

If you really WANT a Hostess Ho-Ho, mix some sf chocolate 100 percent whey protein powder into the cashew butter.

Cashew butter, btw, should never be bought in a $14 jar ... this doesn't taste fresh and costs too much. Best bet is to buy it in a small container in health food store (ground by you or staff) or whole foods market ground fresh and in a small container ... a cup or so is a few bucks in most areas.

Cashew butter gets hard if kept too long, especially in the fridge, heating in a microwave and stirring takes care of this before spreading on the tortillas. The cal count with the La Tortilla brand and a T of cashew butter is 155, give or take.

Just call me Betty Crocker.
Old 03-27-2006, 07:52 AM   #118  
the sword bearer

Betty! I found that too with the almond butter...I need to find a store where they grind it. Good work with the running! I'm ready to get back into it now that my life is more my own...and a 14 minute mile is nothing to sneeze at...it is faster than my no-minutes miles!!!
Eydie! How're ya doin'?
Bye!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:44 PM   #119  
the sword bearer

Ending the day at 6745 on the pedometer...did walk the road. Food was good. Water...so-so. Gonna go have a drink of H2O and off to bed! Tired...
Old 03-28-2006, 07:12 AM   #120  
the sword bearer

Ok...gonna walk in the rain. My time yesterday was fast...had the wind at my back for 1/2 of the walk! Will have to add more distance again. Scale is moving down too...'twas a temporary thing. I am going to do some weights today too...along with everything else. Better go!

Empress, I'm sure Boston will still be there...how dare it not?