Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2006, 01:23 PM   #16  
One day at a time

S/C/G: 220/191/186

Smile

Hello ladies and Happy Hump Day!

Not much happening here. Went and did my weekly grocery shopping this morning. Didn't need much and was surprised I got it done in less than 30 minutes! Usually, I will look around at things but didn't feel like it, well, except for the garden stuff-they didn't have much though, not yet.

JANE...I think that all that matters is that you spent time with Neal. Sometimes it;s okay to not eat the way we should. I know I have! Especially, if we go to Olive Garden! Have a fun time/day with Mckenzie! I was changing my ringtone on my cell yesterday and didn't even remember that I had "the song" as one! Made me think of you yesterday.

MINDEE...that's funny how kids imitate, if you will, what they see. You'll get those 95 pounds off! Hey, you've already lost 36 and that's a GREAT start! I've been working on the first 20 since September!

ANGIE...too funny about Monte! My first DH asked me while we were in bed and said...Wanna get married? I said, Ummm, sure, okay! I really didn't think he was serious. And when we went to Vegas and did we couldn't keep a straight face through the whole ceremony! Wouldn't change a thing about it though. About your body shifting...it does! I've only lost 13.5 pounds and it's weird because some of my pants fit different. My boobs & butt haven't shifted but I feel a difference in my waist and legs.

CHRISTINE...when the kids started driving I kind of missed not having to run them around. But that was my life from the time they were born. I was a SAHM and took them to school, picked them up, took them to their sports, etc. I miss that. I've been trying to get DS to quit smoking to no avail. Thought if he had to go out and smoke that would motivate him to quit, no way. Of course he's not home now so...

Anyway, HI to everyone else

Going to go meet DD for pizza. Her BD is tomorrow and she wants Little Caesars, ick! Then tomorrow we are going to the show. I always spend the day with the kids on their BD, have since they were little. Even let them stay home from school. And I have a cake to bake-she hates store bought ones and I hate baking! Anyway...best get going.

Have a great day ladies!
Old 01-25-2006, 04:05 PM   #17  

Height: 5'1"

Hello ladies!

Boy, such a busy group. I don't know if I could catch up or not! So I think I'll just do a little post for now and then try to catch up later.

Feel icky tired. Really groggy. Everyone has been doing their best to keep up at work and do some overtime so there isn't a lot to do for the morning shifts.....half of them are sick the other half are exhausted. I'm the exhausted half. It almost feels like since the move, we have so much more work to do! Where did it all come from???? I got home around 4:00 this morning, then I didn't get to sleep until 6:30. This is crazy!

But on the bright side............James got a laptop! He finally decided that it would be good to have one while he was away. Hmmm....sounds like something I've been telling him this whole time! Now, another payment to make. (but it's worth it)

So I guess that means, I can get on here when I want! Great news.
Alright ladies, I think I'm going to take a shower and wake up some. You all have a great day! We're half way through the week!!!

Chat w/you later!

Old 01-25-2006, 05:31 PM   #18  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Angie I think I know what you mean about body shifting. My boobs are getting saggy and smooshy feeling, and so is my belly flab. There's less of it, but the skin is so streched out from being preggo that I'm hanging all over!
Marti Sorry you're feeling cruddy. Get lots of rest and rink some juice. And thanks for taking a shower! LOL!
Christine When I was learning how to drive, my parents were not missing driving me around, but they missed my being there! Once I had a car I was gone all the time!

So, I was really lagging in the motivation department these past few days. This morning, Mark pulled me up off the floor, carried me up the stairs and made me get into my workout clothes! I had a great workout and now I feel like I'm bsck to my old self again.
Oh! So cute . . . this morning Allen was laying on his back, and he just sat up! All on his own! He's so strong!
Old 01-25-2006, 05:47 PM   #19  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Well, it is never a dull day around here!

Brandon has just started to stomp his feet when he doesn’t get something. Or if you don’t get it for him when he asks for it. Anyone else’s munchkins do this?

He can put his boots on all by himself now! He can’t do the Velcro up on them yet, but hey, at least he can put them on, AND on the right feet! We are working on the potty...he will at least pee on the bathroom floor, then clean it up. Now we just have to get him to more over about a foot to where the toilet is.

I emailed the reverend from our church, about baptizing Logan. He finally emailed me back and said that since we live two hours away, he wouldn't feel comfortable with baptizing him because we wouldn't be able to keep to the faithfulness and commitment that it means when getting baptized in the church. He then went on to say that since we were only occasionally at church after Brandon was born, that he thought we would get him more active in the Sunday school when he got older. He lastly said that when we move to get a hold of him and he would be glad to talk again about getting him baptized. So now, I have emailed my mom and asked her about the church that they go to. Since moving up here, we haven’t gone to any of the churches. But the one that I asked my mom about, we went and visited before we even got married.

I get an email from Wal-Mart with their stuff that they have on sale. Well, Tommy checked my email for me earlier this morning to get rid of the junk mail. He comes upstairs and says, “too bad we don’t have an extra couple hundred bucks.” I said “for what now?” and he goes “to get you a present.” I said “oh yeah, what would my present be?” He then says “a countertop dishwasher that washes four place settings at a time.” Then he says that he wants to stay locally for his birthday, so we will probably go to a restaurant here in town. He was thinking of getting himself a ice cream cake from Dairy Queen, but as of this morning, I think he changed his mind to getting a cake mix and then probably me and Brandon would make it for him while he slept.

Cristi~ I think I even have Tommy coming around. He isn’t heavy, but he claims that he wants to loose his belly (he doesn’t have one). When I met him he had a six pack, and he says he wants to get it back. He is 5’8” and about 165 or something like that. I don’t think he needs to loose any, but he wants to start eating healthier, which is great because with him doing that I won’t get tempted to stray!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:08 PM   #20  
I'm a good girl, I am!

Mindee I've not seen a counter top dishwasher.......does it hook in to the sink...........my first dishwasher was on wheels and i had to roll it up to the sink and hook it up........i had to really scrub the dishes before they went in too..........I told my hubby it was worthless and if I had to scrub so hard.......I'd just as soon not roll and hook up........

Marti weren't you the one who got a starter kit from Bare Essentials?? I was wondering what that was............

Christi I'm already missing the captive audience........Haven't seen DS since he got his license.......geesh.............I'm not ready to retire yet.........thought I was...........I was a SAHM too.......well mostly.......I only work during tax season and that is soooooo flexible........the kids never knew I was gone.......My oldest when asked what I did all day..........or if I worked he says........yeah she plays tennis......... little did he know.......he's my 32 yr old.....NOW he knows what it entails to take care of a house hold.......lol

DD didn't show up to look for a new apartment.......her roommates partied all night and she didn't get to sleep until 4AM.........hum........the good ole days????

Having my tennis team over tomorrow after the match.......having WW veggie soup.........ceasar salad with sauteed shrimp........White Chili for those daring to burn the palate...........and home made bread ( by one of my teammates)...........should be fun.........but gonna bee really hard to stay away from the wine...............
Old 01-25-2006, 07:57 PM   #21  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Yikes,,,never let Monte and I alone at Leons. We just got back from buying a leather chair and loveseat for up stairs. We will bring down the couch and loveseat once the basement is done. The if that wasn't enough we went to costco and spent a couple hundred there. With the intentions of going back once the basement is done to get this really nice looking entertainment centre. And bamboo boxes ( we plan to use them as both storage and coffee table end tables)
Mindee, I find when you look at teh big picture its overwhelming,,,96 lbs. If you break it down to 10 lbs for a certain qamount of months that doesn't sound as bad.
Cristi,,,I don't know,,,I bought some jeans not long ago,,,and I need a belt. They do have stretch to them,,,but really its embarrassing when things are sliding off. I am wearing a smaller bra I had kept. A bit snug,,,I don't know which is worse,,,a gaping bra that I am almost sliding out of (under the wire) or a bra that makes me have bubbles (what I call when you boobs kinda are bigger then the cups) I think Ill be wearing thick sweaters to hide whichever Im wearing...lol
Marti, wonderful about the laptop...yay! And you get to keep in contact with James more right? I hope your taking some vitamins ,,,being exhausted makes for being sick easier,,,this is like the kettle calling the pot black,,,I should know Im always sick...lol I took cold fx and didn't get sick last week when I thought I was.
Mel/ Christine, its hard to get into the swing of things after taking a break. But remember what you want and go for it. Whats more important? You are.

did my WI. Down 3.6 lbs this week. And this is even after making a cookie science experiment with Tanner,,icing and all.
well I need to get off to theatre...5 more shows...*sigh
Old 01-25-2006, 09:29 PM   #22  
kitty Momo

Evening -

Angie- That is wonderful about the 3.6 pounds! Congrats.

I am going home - just wanted to check in. I walked 3 miles yesterday - I was going to walk an hour tonight while watching American Idol. On my oatmeal diet and look for awesome results by the ond of the month - hopes for being "On Goal!!" lol - so full of crap. I will be lucky to get to 160......

Going to watch AI......chow!

Last edited by Mom2Gaby; 01-26-2006 at 03:33 PM.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:44 PM   #23  
Nancy

Made some good choices today...I chose to exercise when I didn't have to rush to my office, chose to have spaghetti squash with sauce for dinner instead of noodles, chose to go to Applebee's for lunch since I can get a meal with the WW points all figured out there. Every day seems like a struggle, but I have to remember to celebrate the small triumphs.
Old 01-25-2006, 10:48 PM   #24  

let me see if I can get this pic to show up. this is the first time I have ever seen something like it. in reading on it, it does hook up to the kitchen sink.

here is the link for it:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/produ...Specifications
Old 01-25-2006, 10:48 PM   #25  
I'll call him Con Queso!!

Mindee- That's great that your hubby wants to get healthy! Mark is 6"4' and 165, he's a friggin' rail! He used to have a six pack and nice muscley arms, not anymore, now I cans ee his ribs!
Angie- awesome about the WI! Congrats!!
Susan- I hope you guys can get that whole mess taken care of soon . . .

Mark says that he has something planned for me for when I make my goal. I tried to pry it out of him, but he won't budge. I'm thinking that he's finally going to get me that diampnd bracelt that I've wanted since we met! I love them! They're so pretty!
So now I need to bust it big time so that I can make my goal and get a present! (ok ok, and be healthier and look nice . . .)
Old 01-25-2006, 10:49 PM   #26  
<a href="http://www.3fatc

Hi
Old 01-26-2006, 07:12 AM   #27  

Height: 5'1"

Hello Ladies!

I thought I would pop in before I go to bed. I'll try and catch up on some of the action going on in here!

First off:

Welcome to the new ones here!! Eloisecat, Ang_Wil, and Echofroe!! Glad to have you all here and hope we here lots from ya!

Christine--Yep, it was me. James bought me a starter kit. I pick it up when I go in for an application. (guess they need to show me how to use makeup???) here is what the stuff is. http://www.baresense.com/?xtr=camp14 Hope its what I'm expecting....you know, to look 10yrs younger!

Susan--I swear I'm going to get my butt moving! All your walking is putting me to shame! But I am proud of you. You're doing fantastic.

Mindee--Interesting little dishwasher. Must tell us how well it works if you get it!

Angie--Remind me not to go shopping w/you if I haven't had a payday! The furniture sound beautiful. I love the idea of the bamboo end tables. Fantastic on the weight loss!! You're doing great!!

Mel--Oh I hope your hubby gets you the diamond braclet! That is a sweet thing. I should ask James if he has something in mind....tell him I need motivation to get the weight off!

Cristi--Don't like Little Caesars?? James doesn't either. Too much sauce or something. I don't mind it. Tell you're DD Happy Birthday!!

Katy--Does your brother work for Wild Duck?? That's who is catering the cafeteria. There are a lot of upset workers on the evening shifts. Because they close at 2:30 in the afternoon. So we're left w/nothing. I just figure...time to make my own dinner and make it healthy!

Jane--Spend all the time in the world w/Neil and enjoy all the foods. I hope you had lots of fun w/Mackenzie!

Hello to all the other I may have missed. So hard to try and catch up when your really busy.

Ok....I think I'm going to get going. You all have a lovely morning while I go get some sleep!

Hugs!
Old 01-26-2006, 07:55 AM   #28  
I'm a good girl, I am!

Cooking and Cleaning this AM!!!

WOW Mindee.......I'd be interested to know how it works too......since my DD is looking for apartments........that seems like an ideal thing if she doesn't have one already in the apartment.......I also looked at the mini washer.....my grandma had one of those and a mini dryer ........she liked it cause it was only her and granddad..........

Marti!!! LOL Let me know if you get to looking 25 again????!!!!

Hellos to all
Old 01-26-2006, 08:59 AM   #29  
RosieKate

Good morning!

Marti - Yeah - well, he was a production manager for the Wild Duck before they closed, but the WD still caters( obviously) Now he still works for the main company - directs Art in the Vineyard and Eugene Celebration.

Well - my DD is scrambling to get on my lap, so I have to cut this short....I'll try to get back later to say hi to everyone else
Katy

Old 01-26-2006, 10:41 AM   #30  

Angie~ I agree about the whole big picture thing. The way the site works, it tries to get you to loose at least 1 or 2 pounds a week, that way you don’t drop the weight too quickly.

Mel~ I mentioned to Tommy what my timeline was for my weight loss, and he goes “Are you trying to tell me that I am going to have to buy you a new wardrobe each month?” I said “no, since we live in the country I can use rope as a belt.” We had a laugh, and I said “nope, I should have enough clothes to tide me over for a while. If not, then I just buy a couple new belts to hold my pants up!”

Echo~ Hi! How are you doing?

Marti~ If we do get it, I will let you all know how it works. It would be nice to get a break from dish pan hands, but hey, you win some you loose some.

Christine~ I noticed all the other mini options as well. The washer/dryer would be nice, but since we live right next to the laundry room, it really wouldn’t do us any good. Plus, with the way we do laundry it would probably take me all week just to do a days worth of laundry! LOL

Gotta run…..Brandon is taking out all of the pots and pans in the kitchen
Closed Thread