Old 01-31-2006, 09:15 PM   #46  

Good Girl Susan. Wow, 3 days off. You can in lots of exercise!! No, just kidding, You enjoy your days off.

I started my day off with 2 mile WATP. Eating was pretty good. Ate at fish camp for supper but didn't do too bad.
Gotta go, we're watching "Legend of Zorro" Talk to ya later,
Rivergal
Rivergal60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 09:18 PM   #47  

By the way, someone ask what WATP was. It's a in home walking tape or dvd. It's Leslie Sansone's Walk Away The Pounds. She has 1, 2, 3 and 4 mile ones and different ones. I have the 1 and 2 mile express. I really like mine, you should try it.
Later,
Rivergal
Old 01-31-2006, 09:30 PM   #48  

Hi susan,thanks for inviting me here.hi everyone,i just joined and i'm looking forward to meeting all of you.This is going to be a long journy and i will need all the support i can get.I'm not going to weigh myself for a while.I know i need to lose over 100lbs.I'm just going to concentrate on eating healthy and feeling better.I ride my stationary bike everyday.i'm only doing 10km but i'm going to also try a richard simmons video when i buy one soon.I think i will enjoy this place .talk to you all later.Take care,
Teresa J
fatbottomgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 10:20 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 212.6/144.2/121

Height: 5'5"

Welcome Teresa. I don't know how far 10 km's is, but it sounds like you are doing a lot.

You know you want to fall off the wagon, when you hear that Dee went out to lunch and your first thought is....what did you have, tell me all about it, lol.

Is fish camp a restaurant, Rivergirl?

The end of the first month for me. I lost 3 lbs, walked 80.65 miles on the treadmill or elliptical and burned 11,548 calories. I have to report in, keeping track of the exercise is the only thing that keeps me going - I need to see the numbers, to keep track of something, you know.

Marlene
buddha belly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 11:40 PM   #50  
Lifelong Journey Member

Height: 5' 6"

Welcome Teresa. It sounds like you've got yourself on track for the exercise. Keep it going and those pounds will start to come off.

Marlene, you've really moved yourself this month. I track my WATP miles on a spreadsheet. I started on 1/12/06 and walked 38 miles this month. That means' I have $38 in my savings for a new LCD Projector. YEAH!!!!

Rivergal, you started your day with the 2 mile walk and I ended my day with it. We're just a walking crazy bunch!!!

Well, night all!
Marie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:12 AM   #51  

Good morning everyone.Looks like everyone is really into it on this site,lots of inspiration.About those WATP dvds,do you walk on the spot or are you actually walking around the house?just wondering ,i've never seen them .I'm going to dig out some of my old exercise videos until i get to buy some new ones.Talk to you all later,take care,
Teresa
Old 02-01-2006, 07:16 AM   #52  

I have a question,what does it mean to subscribe to this thread?sorry,i'm stupid.i was just wondering.
Old 02-01-2006, 08:26 AM   #53  

S/C/G: 187/185/140

Height: 5'9

Welcome Teresa! I'm new here too! Great bunch of people...I think "subscribe to Thread" means you'll get the posts sent to your email.

Morning everyone...I must confess my "fall off the walking Wagon"..It was cold and rainy yesterday so it just wasn't in me to walk to and from work. ANd now I'm on a 12 hour shift to day. So by the time I walk to and from work...it would be a14hour work day. Just can't do it. I hate to keep my dogs cooped up that long.

Buddha...10k is just about 3 miles shy of 10 miles. 16kilometers is 10 miles. It's 1.6 kilometers to a mile. ANd I know what you mean about keeping a record of the numbers. I have to do that too. It's kind of like "Evidence" that you've actually done it. PRoof that you've accomplished it. I'm a very "I gotta see it to believe it" kind of person when it comes to my weight. Hence my addiction to my scales!Lol

Thanks for the info on the WATP tapes River! I'll look at my local HMV store.

Teresa, Richard Simmons tapes are great too. My friend does them and she's in great shape. SHe lost 120lbs in one year and has kept if off for 5 years by eating properly and doing her richard Tapes 2 times a day.

I'm still walking the dogs 4 times a day so I'm probably getting in about a mile or 2 a day just walking them. SO I GUESS that could be Considered exercise!lol

See everyone tomorrow
Hotsplashes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:05 AM   #54  

S/C/G: 165/147/128

Height: 5'3"

Morning Everyone and welcome Teresa. Did you get the subscribe thing figured out? It's a fabulous tool for threads like this where we drop in several times a day at any old time.
srmb60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 09:08 AM   #55  
Confirmed Scales Addict

Good afternoon ladies....
Rivergal - I haven't heard about walking DVD's WATP really means A Walk Around The Park with my little doggie to me...lol but i suppose it's still exercise!!

This thread is great...your all so motivated to excercise....i hope it's catching as that's the thing that lets me down....other than walking the dog i don't do much else. However i am booked in to do an all day ski lesson next saturday...I'm going to be dead on my feet by sunday!!!! We are going skiing during half term so i'm going to need some practice!! It might just be the kick start i need to keep exercising when i get back??? who knows!!

Food - good
Water intake - good
Haven't walked the doggie yet...but i will do later!

Splashes, your very good, if i walked my dog 4 times a day, he would'nt have any legs left....and i would loose the will to live!! lol keep up the good walking!
Tulip-Fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 11:16 AM   #56  

Maybe some of you know that our children are all moved along (more or less). We decided a couple of months ago that we could travel more and enjoy life some more if we had a smaller house, less than 2 1/2 acres of lawn, chickens etc
My husbands work crew is siding here. He just came in and said "The siding is almost done. Now all we have to do is declutter, clean up and we can sell."
Yee ow! I'm both excited and frightened. A newer smaller house, cable internet ... but I have to figure out what to do with the years and years of accumulated stuff we have packed in our four bedroom farmhouse!
Pray for me gals. I really do want to do this. I just hardly know where to start!
Old 02-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #57  

Yeah Susan, how exciting to start a new begining. Don't worry, you'll find your way. I can't get cable internet where I live so I'll have to continue to deal with dial-up. Thankful for what I've got tho.

Buddhabelly: yes, that is what a fish camp is. We call places that have mostly all kinds of fish and seafood a fish camp. Maybe it's a southern thing, I don't know.

Marie: We got it going and the day covered. We just need someone to fill in the middle of the day. LOL.
I started my day again with the 2 mile WATP. Are you finishing up the day with yours Marie?

Fatbottomgirl: WATP takes very little room. You don't walk around the house, you stay in front of the tv. You get a lot out of a walk. I sweat pretty good doing the 2 mile. Keeping my eye out for the 3 mile.

My day has been really good. Hope everyone has a great evening and tomorrow.
Later, Rivergal
Old 02-01-2006, 05:37 PM   #58  

Hey,hows everyone?just finished a great workout .i'm going to start richard simmons tomorrow.I think i will look for one of those watp dvds also.
Teresa
Old 02-01-2006, 07:37 PM   #59  

I've had pretty good luck finding videos in second hand stores. I bore easily so I don't mind buying them for a couple of bucks, fumble gracelessly through them a couple of times, and then I sell them on ebay!
Old 02-01-2006, 09:40 PM   #60  
kjkas10

Hi All

Welcome Therese

Got so serious walking going on.

Had a tough day today food wise. Everyone at work wanted to go out for lunch. I ended up eating a burrito. I dont even know how to do damage control for a burrito. I know a burrito isnt that bad, however I couldnt leave it at that. I had to load it up with sour cream So.....I guess tomorrow I just start fresh and put it out of my mind and move on. Maybe I can get an extra 1 mile in tonight to off set some of it.

Susan B what a great idea to get exercize tapes from the 2nd hand store. We have a 2nd hand book, CD, and Vidio store near by. I never thought to look there.

Dose anyone have and idea's to start and tone mid section that wont kill your back? I was thinking about an exercize ball? Dose anyone use the exercize ball(s)?

Heard from military boy. Being able to IM has realy been liberating. Relieved alot of stress in my life.

Dee thanks for the great package. I will call you Friday.

Have to work 14 hours tomorrow so I need to get my act together tonight, get my food ready for tomorrow and Friday. Maybe I can take a walk on my dinner break tomorrow night.

Have a great day
Karla
kjkas10 is offline   Reply With Quote