Ciao, Cows

• I'm running off for the weekend again. I read all the back posts from while I was away. Glad to see you are all jealous of my funfilled life. Congrats Sugar on your nephew. I love the name Max. I would have loved to name a boy that, although I don't think DH would have approved.

I looked up hypertufa. Who knew it was something you could make yourself! Wabbit is so clever. I did have to laugh, though, at the description from canadian gardening of the leaf stepping stone, where the woman states she of course would need stepping stones to reach the "back" of her garden, and of course she wouldn't be satisfied with "plain stones" or flags. Not being a gardener of any ambition at all, I find that just a tad fussy, but the results are really cool.

Everybody have a great weekend!

Kiwi
  • Dang
    That Kiwi has a fun filled life. I'm at work. I have no tan. I don't know how I got stuck working all the time.

I went by my favorite nursery (I was supposed to be out delivering blueprints) this morning. My flower garden pales by comparison. They have these beautiful display gardens that are garden perfection. I want to quit work here and go work there for free so I can learn all their tricks. In fact, I think I'd pay them so that I could work for them and learn their tricks.

Today is DH's birthday and I haven't even gotten him a card. I have no idea what he'd like in the gift dept. (that I can afford, everything else he's already bought for himself). I haven't baked a cake, and I won't have time to. Somebody tell me an idea for a funfilled birthday celebration that appears to have been planned out lovingly and thoughtfully, but only takes about 10 minutes. I'm a sad excuse for a wife.
  • Would taking him out to dinner count?
    Or do you have time to go to the grocery store and pick up a cake? Ours has scads of good cakes, and I never knew a guy who cared whether the cake was homemade or not! While you're at the store, get a bagged salad, some good rolls and something to grill. Voila! Dinner! You might even be able to convince him to cook it! (I wonder if you can buy those silly chef hats or aprons at the grocery store?)

gotta go. Have wrapped present for birthday guy: it's a horrible shirt I got at a thrift store. I made stickers and slapped them on the box: "Formal Wear for the Old Guy" His company has Ugly Shirt day every week, so he may actually be able to wear it...

Bye

Kiwi
  • the birthday plan
    I bought him a card and I'm going to take him to the one last remaining drive-in movie theatre in these parts. We can sit in the back seat and neck. That ought to make him feel young. Or old. It depends.

Frappe replied to my email. She is overwhelmed with kids, constant houseguests and lack of funds. She's trying to start up a business to combat the lack of funds part, so she is swamped. She sends love and said she just didn't want to whine to us. If I have to quit whining, I really would go nutz.

Everyone have a good weekend!!!

• I miss EVERyone
    I miss Kiwi who has weekends and

Wabby is a wonderful and adorable wife with Elvis inclinations and

Sugar who gets her bratwurst from the prissy butcher's wife and

Lushie who is too busy with her real life for the likes of us (but who fixed MY life) and

Bagz who should be sober about now and realizing that James Taylor is no match for Dan Hicks and

Frappe who is probably is Sybil Brand or else she'd write and

of course, Cran and Cherry who find us too non-serious.

Last night I asked Herbie if I look as big as the scale says .. 145. He explained that I do. Hrumnph.