Old 02-02-2006, 09:30 AM   #76  
WileyB

Way to go Donna on your exercise! I just want everyone to do what works for them. I like sit-ups, but will do crunches as well. I like to hook my toes under the bottom edge of the couch and do my sit-ups and crunches that way. I'm sure everyone has their own "style", so just do whatever works best for you.

Hope that you all have a great day!
WileyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 02:06 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 319/307/145

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgpebbles
I did my challenge for yesterday...I did 20 sit ups, 30 mins of walking and 45 mins on the bike...

WileyB- did you want us to do full sit ups or just stomach crunchs?

Have a great day everyone

OMG! You are a mean exercising machine!!!
I could never do that much! Way to go!
Softykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 04:28 PM   #78  

Well, I started back to the gym last night... had a great workout and now... I have a little swelling around my patellar tendon... (swelling around and to the left and right of the bottom of the knee cap) so I think I should hold off until tomorrow to go to the gym. I may end up down there after taking some Ibu to see if the swelling goes down. I am actually supposed to help hubby "process" a deer that he got the other day.... My ex used to do it all the time but, it's been years since I did it... I hope I remember how..lol

I am going to go... still trying to get caught up!
Deanna7272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 01:07 PM   #79  

I hope your knee feels better soon, Deanna!

As for me... I REALLY need some advice, guys. I'm getting
pretty desperate now. I know it's only Friday but I know my
body - normally (way back when) I would have lost something
by now. I need help - I'm still staying at the same weight.
I can't take this anymore. I've tried eating low calories and this
time I tried eating more - afraid that my body was in survival mode.

I have been exercising everyday. Can anyone recommend anything?
Please! Anyone! I need major help here. I don't even understand
how I lost 29 pounds! Why did my body let go of that and now....
nothing. I have no idea what the heck is going on.

I'm trying to stay calm about this but this is getting to be too
much. I haven't lost weight in a long time. What are you guys doing
that I'm not?!?!

Old 02-03-2006, 02:15 PM   #80  

Ahhh Kristy....you will come out of this slump soon. Lets see here...I think you mentioned to me that you were really chugging the H2O. Thats a big thing. You've already uped your calories to prevent survival mode...how about soda? Are you doing soda or have you kicked that out? Thats a big difference right there. Exercising everyday....this could explain that you may be losing body fat and gaining muscle? Which is just as good as seeing the scale go down! How about switching to all whole wheat products, breads, wraps, etc. Losing all the white flour? Sugars?

I dont know how open minded you are about going and getting a seaweed wrap? These wraps not only feel wonderful and are totally relaxing....but they literally suck the fluid out of you! It literally dehydrates you....so you need to drink crazy amounts of water before, during and after the treatment. For like a week following the treatment, you arent able to do caffeine, alcohol, nicotine etc. because its a detoxifying treatment and flushes all the nasty toxins out of your body. You will lose inches instantaniously, and if you are following a diet, you will keep them off and even lose more in the few days after. This may be the little push that you need? They are WONDERFUL. I am going to have one done this month as its my reward for good food choices during a 12 week time frame. Please research it, I know you will love it.

No matter what, you WILL and CAN do this. Also, I take a green tea supplement during the day, one in the morning and one in the afternoon. This really and truely helps to curb my cravings for food throughout the day. Its all natural but it you are a tea fan, you can try that too! I just cant hack the tea taste. Blek.

Donna, you are nuts! Thats a crazy amount of exercise! Where do you find the time and energy? WAY TO GO GIRL! Keep it up!!

Today was my weigh in....and I was only down a pound and a half. I guess its better than nothing. Heres to another week girls CHEERS!
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 03:40 PM   #81  

Hi sweetie - I don't eat white flour at all - only whole grains.
No soda - just water and sometimes milk.
I don't know if I'm exercising enough, though. I went back to 30 mins
because I was so exhausted everyday when I was doing an hour.
Sooo... I don't think I'm gaining muscle. I walk on the treadmill
for 30 mins at 2.6
I just don't get it at all.
The seaweed wrap sounds good but I don't want to go alone and
none of my friends would be interested in that.
I'm clueless. I'm doing everything right yet my body loves having the
fat on it.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:03 PM   #82  
Fig

Hello on a Friday night. Kristy--I understand your frustration. Have you talked to your doctor? I'm wondering if there might be an organic reason for your not losing. Have you had your thyroid checked? It could be something like that. See the doc, have a checkup, see what he says. And it's true--some bodies ARE naturally heavier. But you WILL lose--you just need to find out what's going on. For now, keep drinking your water, exercise (but don't over-exercise). Watch your portions--could this be the problem? Have lean protein, lots of fresh veggies, fruit, lowfat milk..... you know. It will be ok. Love to you, Marion
Fig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #83  

Hey ladies.. do me a HUGE favor.... email me your stats.... I am so sorry that I haven't been able to keep up... Trying to get EVERYTHING done is impossible.... [email protected] If you can get these to me by Tuesday I will have the monthly totals up by Wednesday (going to try something different)...

Kristy... I would DEFINITELY increase your cardio... I am doing AT LEAST 45 minutes a day and I am HOPING that I drop weight this week. I know that with me, I need to kick up my cardio to start that fat burning....

Talk soon!
Old 02-06-2006, 11:30 AM   #84  
WileyB

OK girls, looks like we are able to get things back to normal around here. How was everyone's weekend? I don't know where mine went. I'm guessing that most of ya'll weigh in today, but I'm not sure. If you are....good luck! I'm going to kick up my housecleaning mode some and see if I can burn off a few extra calories today. My little girl had a very fitful night last night, and my husband and I are near exhaustion. I don't know what in the world was wrong with her; I just hope we don't have another one of them tonight.

Hope everyone was able to do the situps/crunches. I forgot to do mine a couple of days! Got to make it at one special time so that I can remember to do them. Well, I hope that all of you have a wonderful Monday, and week to follow!
Old 02-06-2006, 01:15 PM   #85  

Now I feel rather embarrassed.

Something must have been off when I weighed myself
because I weighed myself today.....and... well... it seems
as though I have lost 2 pounds! I'm actually shell shocked.
Wow.

I really don't know what to say - other than thank you for
your support everyone! I'm so sorry I was so whiney!

Deanna, I can't seem to get emails to send to you so I'll just tell you
my stats here:

Beginning weight: 316
Current weight: 285
Goal weight: 200
Old 02-06-2006, 03:47 PM   #86  

Thanks Kristy... I need to update....

Hope all is well with everyone... I weigh in tonight after my 1st week of weight training and going back to the gym... I did 75 minutes of quality cardio Sat and 45 yesterday before the Super Bowl... I watched my foods (I did cheat yesterday) but I am off my monthly AND I should LOSE... Not guaranteeing ANYTHING...lol

Talk soon.... needs weights by the weigh...lol
Old 02-06-2006, 05:05 PM   #87  

Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm not having a very good day so I'm going to make this quick.

Starting Weight - 270
Current Weight - 210
Goal Weight - 200 (April Fools Challenge) and 160 (Long term Goal)
candoitby06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:07 PM   #88  

Hi all

Well I feel pretty yucky today but was still able to do my treadmill for 15 minutes and do my 8 minute abs video. I guess my hard work has paid off because I have lost 3 1/2 pounds this last week...I am at 229 now!!!!!

Kristy- congrats on the loss. Good for you for sticking with it even when it felt frustrating.

Deanna- great job on the workout! That's amazing!

WileyB- sorry to hear you had such a tough night. I am sending good wishes your way for a more restful night today!

Morgan- sorry to hear you are having a yucky day. Let me know if there is anything I can do...even if you just need to rant and rave.

Hope everyone has a fantastic week and an excellent weigh in!
Dakotasweett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 10:49 PM   #89  
dgpebbles

Hello everyone...I had a great weekend...I've got my crunches in every day...so far I have 295 monutes of exercise in for Feb...I actually lost 1.5lbs this week but I'm going to start using my new scale which is off by 1.5lbs...so ticker is not going to chance this week..

Kristy - congrats on the loss...I knew you could do it..

Vanessa - way to go.....3.5lbs is awesome
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 09:54 AM   #90  
WileyB

Donna - congrats on your loss! ...and great job on your exercise! Even though it doesn't show up on your new scale, you know you lost it, and that is even more important than a number.

Woo Hoo Kristy! Way to Go! You silly girl, all that fretting for nothing...that's ok, we've all already been there and done that too. I think that is exactly why we are all here. To listen to each other when we think that we just can't go on anymore. I think anyone trying to lose weight needs some kind of verbal motivation to help them out every now and then. You might need to get a new scale....is yours accurate each time or does it fluctuate wildly? Just a thought....

Deanna - you are an exercise machine girl! Way to go with keeping yourself in there and getting your exercise. We all know how much of a difference it can make, and your doing an excellent job with yours! Congratulations!

Vanessa - WAAAAY to GOOOO! Wow! Over three pounds? That's wonderful! Keep doing what your doing....it definitely seems to be working to your advantage! Thanks for the good night wishes, she was a little fussy til about 3 am, and then she passed out and we all slept soundly. It was great!

Morgan, sorry to hear you are feeling yucky....We've all been there too. When I'm like that, I find a movie that makes me laugh, and it always seems to lift my spirits a little. I know it may sound silly, but it works for me. Whatever else, know that we all care about you and hope that you are feeling much, much better soon! Lots of Hugs.

General note here - can anyone tell me why I can't get my big smilie list to come up anymore. We switched to earthlink, and I can't get that big list of smilies anymore. Each time I click on [More], a sound like bo dunk plays, and the box flashes up for a split second, and then nothing....Does my computer think it is a pop up?