Old 01-31-2006, 09:56 PM   #121  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

one more thing!!! KIWONKIE!!!--I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DROVE TO BOSTON AND CAME BACK THE SAME NIGHT!!! I WOULD NEVER BE ABLE TO STAND THAT!!! AMAZING!!!!!---what a bunch of great kids,eh!! we took dd21 and her friends to see Dave Matthews in Montreal when she and her cronies were 18{REMEMBER!!!}--- and they were all sweet too====i miss that sort of thing-----GLAD YOU HAD A BALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:51 AM   #122  
The magic shrinking cow

Cowpeachie, my answer to my son would be a flat no. (As you know, mine is almost 17.) I agree that a seven-hour drive alone in a small car is too much for a kid. I mean, he's going to go to college wherever he chooses, but right now, he's still under your watch.

Kiwi- sounds like you guys had so much fun!

Bagzzie, stay safe. That guy sounds harmless, but you never know.

I'm depressed and fat and starting to realize that I'm getting no support from my husband. He won't eat like me, which means I can either eat the junk he feeds the kids (until I get done with school, I don't have time to cook) or I can eat something separate. I've lost my taste for deep-fried food, which is good, but he still wants to make heavy dinners like spaghetti carbonara, which wouldn't be so bad, except the next day was pizza day. I want to eat healthier, but he sometimes makes an issue of making my healthy dinners. I don't know if I should just buy a bunch of lean cuisines and bagged salad and just live off those until I'm done with school and can take over dinner duties.

I'm just tired of being fat. I'm never going to lose this weight, especially when I live with a saboteur who likes my weight. I'm glad he likes the way I look, but I want to be healthy, fer crying out loud!

Do y'all mind if I hijack the thread to talk about nutrition, exercise, etc, once in a while? I don't like any online weight loss forums except this one!!!! All the rest are lame.

(Oh, I joined eDiets for a year. The recipes are good, but the menus contain more calories than they claim to.)

Hi Wabby (I still haven't seen cute Wabs pictures!), Schatzie, Painty, & all.
Cherry Cow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 07:54 AM   #123  
loves kleenex box art

Bagz ..... the snow is going upwards from the ground around your snowman. This is scary.

I can't blog anymore. I want to blog but now that LCP (little cutie pie -- the girlfriend) reads my blog THANKS TO DS I'm to limited on what I can say there. I mean I don't really want her to know what I really feel about the trip and such and I don't want to be bothered whitewashing it just for her. The thrill is gone.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 12:45 PM   #124  

Cherry, we need you to talk about nuitrition and exercise. Crack the whip, woman!!! Tell us what we need to do. Make us do it.

I didn't have to worry about bringing up the subject of of Lap-band surgery w/ DD. She did it herself. At this point I told her she should read everything she could about it, talk to her Dr. about the possibility and all the side effects and risks, check out if insurance covers it in cases where the obesity risk outweighs the costs... and if need be, the possibility of financial help from mom & dad. She is about 90 lbs. overweight. She has high blood pressure and horrible back problems. She's only 25. Now I'm worrying myself sick about surgery risks.

Peach, you can talk about LCP here. We won't blab to her.

I'm going to lunch w/ DD, DDIL, and DD's childhood friend, who I love to pieces. Fun.

DDIL is going to the Dr. today to discuss possibly inducing her labor due to her recently very high blood pressure. Tell me I don't need to worry.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 01:57 PM   #125  
loves kleenex box art

Ds just got THREE letters from LCP. Real letters. Handwritten.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:34 PM   #126  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

peachers!!!!now you have to wait until he goes out and find them and read them---OH MY LORD DID I ACTUALLY SAY THAT!!!!---WHAT A WENCH I AM !!!-- no need to upset yourself by reading THOSE!!!--as they age,it's best not to know what they are thinking!!! why don't they just talk over the computer???? interesting----BY THE WAY CHERRY,I AM WITH WABBY-----PLEASE HELP US,WE ARE SINKING IN A QUAGMIRE OF BLUBBER---------------also,wabby is the one with creepyman coming to visit her,not that the market isn't full of nuts----wabby----i would most definitely ask the cops about him----we don't want him bothering you ----can't one of the boys deal with him???? regarding your daughter----i would be like you-=--the surgery would be freaking me----is it reversible???? that's the part i don't like----is there any way she could do a personal trainer/medical supervision setup????? -----
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 04:51 PM   #127  

Bagzie, the Lapband procedure is reversible. No dietary restrictions, no malnutrition problems after. Weight loss is slower. Much faster recovery. She could be back to work within a week or two. Way fewer complications than gastric bypass. She's tried about every diet out there. She used to run on her treadmill and go to the gym, but the back problems have put a stop to that. We'll see. We need to research it a whole lot more before she acts.
Wabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 05:40 PM   #128  
loves kleenex box art

lcp sent ds a text message saying she's in the hospital. Didn't say why. Said she wasn't allowed to use her cell phone.

My gums are bleeding. Stress?
Old 02-01-2006, 06:50 PM   #129  

Floss darlink...

hmmmm, I hope DS gets more info on LCPs condition... Yeah, you can't use cell phones in the hospital...
Schatzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2006, 06:56 PM   #130  
loves kleenex box art

Shots will you be my mommy? You're so calming. I do floss a lot. Twice a day but maybe missed a day or 1/2 a day. However, it's not painful so I will floss more.

LCP has finally said she had a migraine.
Old 02-01-2006, 07:25 PM   #131  

Just call me Mommy Dearest

hmmm perhaps the stress of college life has taken a toll on LCP.. does she have a history of these?
Old 02-01-2006, 07:36 PM   #132  
loves kleenex box art

I don't know that much about her. I hope not. I had them forever and ever and ever but rarely now.

A woman today told that bunco is just throwing dice. Is that true? Is Wabbo just throwing dice? Doesn't it involve strategy? Just dice and snacks? Sounds great!
Old 02-01-2006, 07:54 PM   #133  

I'm in! Can we do internet bunco?

I'm going to go start a new thread......