Old 01-20-2006, 11:12 PM   #16  
Member w/ messiest house

Yeah, well, I don't plan to be an active "business owner" -- although I am certainly willing to help out with some stuff if this comes to pass. I draw the line at selling though. I am not a salesperson; I'd rather lick a dead bluejay. Anyway, so far no positive progress. If this doesn't pan out I may have to run away from home. I need my space, man!

So what else is new?

kiwi
Kiwonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 11:14 PM   #17  
Member w/ messiest house

Kiwi: Queen of the non-sequitors.
Old 01-21-2006, 02:02 AM   #18  
Member w/ messiest house

Heehee, several people have come to my diaryland site by searching for the name or phone number for that stupid spam from "Cornell". Hope they got the joke.

For some reason I thought of this guy I knew when I was about 12 who I had a big crush on, and decided to google him. Turns out he is an opera singer in Germany. How odd is that? I can't read any of the press clippings, but I looked at some translations, which change his last name to: "Swan width unit" I don't think he'd be pleased. Apparently he's also on some baseball or softball team called the Frieburg Knights or he's a coach: here's what it says about him: Coach Juniorenmannschaft
2. Vorsitzender
Platz- und Materialwart

Sugar? Help? These are translating as "Junior crew, Chairman, and Place and material-wait" Oy.

Kiwi, up too late as usual
Old 01-21-2006, 02:30 PM   #19  
fatter than U

Default I am very harpy!

Geez, y'all are making me blush!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk
I am not a salesperson; I'd rather lick a dead bluejay. Anyway, so far no positive progress. If this doesn't pan out I may have to run away from home.
LOL! Can I go with you? We can travel Europe together! I know what you mean about selling. I somehow managed to work in retail for quite a few years and haaaaaaated it. I hate talking to people I don't know. I hate trying to make them buy something. I hate touching money.

But I'm sure there's tons to do behind the scenes that you would be wonderful at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiwonk
Sugar? Help? These are translating as "Junior crew, Chairman, and Place and material-wait" Oy.
Heh. Translation programs will never be able to replace the human brain, thank goodness. It's "junior team coach", "assistant chairman/executive to the board" (sort of hard to translate - he's second in line anyway) and he's also "the guy who looks after the playing field, equipment and uniforms" whatever that's called.

His name is untranslatable.

People sometimes find my site by searching for "nude German boys". Tsk.

Hope the cake was good! I went around the house today collecting all the old chocolate Santas and then melted them and mixed in some cornflakes and plopped spoonfuls of the mixture on a baking tray to harden. They are actually eating them.
SugP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 02:40 PM   #20  
Member w/ messiest house

Ah yes, it's the Saturday doldrums again.

Where is our Schatzi? I don't believe we've seen hide nor hair for several days. I hear it's rather nice in NC lately, spring weather.

Unlike here where it can get unseasonably warm and a body can still slip on the ice and slide down a hill on her aspidistra. That's what I just came in from doing. I was taking pupster on a nice walk; most of the snow has melted and there are just patches of ice and snow here and there (although in front of our front steps it is still conveniently thick with ice, because we're all about the household maintenance around here) so we took off down the hill toward the lake and I upended in slow motion with plenty of time to contemplate how much this was going to hurt, landed on my hip and then slid several feet. Oh brother.

You'll be glad to know this did not deter me from taking a walk -- I grabbed a branch from the pile of brush/trees DH cut in August and left in a pile (because we're all about the yard maintenance around here), ripped the side branches off it with my bare hands and used it for a walking stick. Me Amazon woman.

Me already sore and shaky.

Is Wabby back yet? I hope she had a wonderful trip! I can't wait to hear about it. I picture warm breezes in the evening , hot sunny days by the pool with icy cold drinks , fabulous spreads of food , and fun excursions .

Kiwi
Old 01-21-2006, 03:09 PM   #21  
Member w/ messiest house

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
I hate talking to people I don't know. I hate trying to make them buy something. I hate touching money.
Me too. Well except for the money, I don't mind touching money. You need me to touch any money, you just let me know. I had a job once where I was doing some minor bookkeeping (perfectly fine with me) and "research"--which sounded great until it became clear that what I had to do was call up companies, lie about who I was and try to get information about their employees. As you can imagine I was traumatized. This was for a headhunter -- all I was really doing was confirming the titles and jobs of various people, but it was horrible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SugP
Hope the cake was good! I went around the house today collecting all the old chocolate Santas and then melted them and mixed in some cornflakes and plopped spoonfuls of the mixture on a baking tray to harden. They are actually eating them.
What a riot! Who knew chocolate santas could actually go uneaten? Very clever of you. I think I would have just gone around the house saying "well, I guess this is mine now."

The cake was very good! 3 layers and gobs and gobs of coconut/pecan frosting, how can you go wrong? It is so filling I almost couldn't finish my slice. I was going to send Bagz the leftover bites, but I decided to push through and finish it.

Thanks for the translations. The machine translations can get pretty funny, especially with people's names. Try these: Neal Schwantes, Eckhard Tröger, Susanne Stachel at the google translator

Kiwi
Old 01-21-2006, 05:17 PM   #22  
loves kleenex box art

where did u get those names? it wont' translate my name.

this morning I drove to Pencilcola to take that test. Test was at 8 and I got there 7:30ish as planned. Except I got directions from these people in my class instead of following the signs on the highway and got lost. I kept stopping for directions which were all vague. Finallly, at 8:12 I called DS and asked him if I should come home. He thought I should go in and see if one group started late. While we were talking, a college cop stopped me for going the wrong way on a one-way. I ignored that and asked where Parking Lot G was. He wasn't sure as they just changed from numbers to letters but figured it out in his head, held up traffic whiile I turned around and off I went. I parked and saw this sweet man under a big umbrella directing people to various buldings. He was just doing that for the heck of it as his wife was taking the test too. He warned me NO CELLPHONES were allowed and said his wife had to bring hers out. I didn't have time. I just turned it off and trusted they wouldn't rifle in my purse. At 8:20 I walked in and 4 people were still in line waiting to sign in. The proctor was SO SWEET and said if anyone has a cell phone, not to let him see it, but he was sure no one did anyway.

There were questions like: If Mr. Lee wants to plant grass in part of his yard and that part measure 16 feet times 6 pi feet, how much land will he cover with grass. I don't think this was invented when I was in school Certainly, we would not have referred to it as General Knowledge.

Anyhow, I may have failed the math section but maybe not and this is good because the test is not offered often and it would be hard to get all these parts PLUS the upcoming ones taken in time. They only allow so many a day or something.

I will shut up now so someone else can talk. Like Shots.
Cowpernia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:48 PM   #23  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

Default Aspidistra!!!

oh my goodness peachers!!! that was such a stressful beginning to your day!!! glad you got there,but i am sure you will score in the high percentile,----alot of people would find that question off-putting!!!@!esp ME!!!----kiwonkers---i know your arse will be very sore tomorrow,so here is some advance sympathy===i slipped on sand and landed on a rock once and my leg hurt for daaaaaysssss---we can't do these things anymore!!!! by the way,HARPY MEANS----n 1: a malicious fierce-tempered woman [syn: vixen, hellcat] 2: (Greek mythology) vicious winged monster; often depicted as a bird with the head of a woman [syn: Harpy]also!!!!# One of several loathsome, voracious monsters with the head and trunk of a woman and the tail, wings, and talons of a bird.
# harpy A shrewish woman. AND ALSO FOR FUTURE REFERENCE---KIWI FELL ON HER ASPIDISTRA------ AN evergreen perennial with large handsome basal leaves; grown primarily as a foliage houseplan ALSO KNOWN AS A CAST-IRON PLANT-----------------MY GOODNESS !!! THAT LITTLE HELLCAT KIWONK FELL ON HER CAST-IRON PLANT!!! I LOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!:
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 08:59 PM   #24  
fatter than U

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowpernia
There were questions like: If Mr. Lee wants to plant grass in part of his yard and that part measure 16 feet times 6 pi feet, how much land will he cover with grass.
My answer would have been: "Depends on the kind of pie."

I'm sure you got 100% because you are much smarter than I am. Smart enough to evade a policeman and still be early while being late. Pure genius.
Old 01-21-2006, 09:22 PM   #25  
loves kleenex box art

No No... I may have failllled the math. It made no sense. Some of them I did by common sense but didn't know the formula stuff. Like this: If the attic is flooded with 18 inches of water and it drains out at 1.5 inches in 30 minutes, how long will it take to be drained completely. Well, you can figure that out but not the way a math teacher would.

I hope Kiwi and her cast iron plant are ok.

so .... am I ... a harpy???

Was talking to this person at the college and getting her to make the college email thing work for me. Had to tell her my birthdate. She enters all this stuff and in a minute or two repeats the birthday and says, "Is that what you said?" Like it's impossible? Or improbable? Should I look her up and smack her?

Tomorrow I going to learn mantras with the swami.

Tonight I am reading the very dull school book. The class is "Diversity" and the chapters are class, gender, culture, religion, etc. dul dul dullll. but the teacher is VERY good.
Old 01-21-2006, 10:00 PM   #26  
haggy-saggy aprongutarse

PEACHPIE----you are a lovely young lady and the "person at the college" is a Harpy who needs her aspidistra booted----GOOD NITE DARLINGS!!!---WHAT ARE YOU DOING AWAKE SUGAR---IT'S THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT OVER THERE!!! GIT TO BED OR I AM GETTING THE FLY SWATTER!!!OR THE WOODEN SPOON!!! OR THE HAIRBRUSH!! OR I WILL STOP THIS CAR AND GET A SWITCH!!!!
Bagzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 11:05 PM   #27  
loves kleenex box art

is Kiwi still nauseous? now that she's carrying brad pitt's child, we must be supportive.

Get UP BAGZZ. GET UP NOW!! We will duel with flyswatters. Winner gets to name the child.
Old 01-22-2006, 03:58 AM   #28  

I am not dead.
I do not care how long it takes a basement with 18 inches of water to drain. Nobody in Texas HAS basements. and if you've got that much water in it, it's going to be too damn long, anyway.

I had a cat who ended up with professorial/ivy league white patches of fur on her "knees" after she scraped them making a less than graceful descent from a pear tree. And MY hair seems to be coming in dark gray. Quite a surprise. Also know a young woman who got conked on the head as a child... it gave her a dramatic "skunk" stripe there.... pure white hair in one streak amidst the light brown.

Cow... glad you persisted and that the proctor was pleasant. I had to take a class that wounds like your Diversity one. I do wish that everyone had to take those classes. You can't know your own prejudices until you are willing to look....

I've been drawing cats. cartoonish cats.

and now, I'm going to take a cat nap... until morning.
Best to all.
PainterWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 07:51 AM   #29  
fatter than U

Thumbs up

Painty! You are SO talented. The cats are fantastic.
Old 01-22-2006, 08:43 AM   #30  
loves kleenex box art

Well, it wasn't the basement that flooded. It was the attic. Do Texans have attics? The cat pictures (and everything else on your blog) are beautiful. But what's a ROAK?

Now, I must go read that book.