Weight Loss and Chit Chat #162.

You're on Page 4 of 4
Go to
  • Just had to drop in and say........DS passed but almost got disqualified again for the parking..........he took 2 tries to park and got 5points off but that was his only infraction!!!!BABY BOY now is mobile..........and SASSYCAT is FREE!!!!!
  • DH got DD's car running. She bought $150.00 in parts and he did the work. He told her for that job she would have paid a garage around $1000.00 just for labor and they would have marked up the parts too and she would still be waiting on her car. He will never take any money from her so she bought him a little Jesse James replica motorcycle as a thank you. He collects them and its something the kids get for him for birthdays and Christmas. They were joking the other day that they are going to have to take some polaroids so they don't buy duplicates. We are soooooo lucky he can fix things for us. She says she still can't wait until she graduates and starts working as a RN so that she can get a cute little sports car. At this point she's dreaming of a 2005 Ford Mustang, a Hyundai Tiburon or a Toyata Celica GT. Convertible would be a plus. Until then she has to stick with the 91 Pontiac Sunbird she bought after working a summer job when she was 15 1/2

Christine--having the kids drive is both a blessing and a curse. You worry about them until they roll in at curfew but they don't mind running errands for you.
  • This is a quickie for me. I am frustrated with this server is busy crap. Geez, I posted on the challenge thread and hit submit and it took me to the server is busy page and then I couldn't go back. I have been dealing with this for an hour and now don't feel up to posting. of course I don't know if this post will take either so...

Hope everyone is having a nice day. I'll try back tomorrow.
  • Cristi--I've noticed the same thing......
  • Hello ladies--

Not a lot of time to catch up today. James came home last night and brought me a birthday gift. I thought what he did was sweet enough and I didn't need a gift....he bought me a certificate to a salon to get a makeup application and a starter kit for Bare Essentials. I love it!! So sometime soon when I have time, I'm going to go and get it done!

Who knew this man would find such a great gift????

Ok ladies, that's all the time I have for now. I will be back another day!
  • Good Monday

Quickie for me too. Stayed home with Gaby , who is still not feeling well. I completed my federal but can't do state (taxes - sorry - like you should know what I am talking about - ha) until I get those forms - state is so slow.

Bachelor is on tonight! yay - pulling for frumpy Sarah.

better get - where is Katy???? Miss U!!
  • Jules yeap understand the blessing and the curse......he is the 4th and last ..........whew...........to be on our insurance......still have the DD on it and WOW WHEEE ZOWEEEE......talk about $$$ when they are off maybe then I'll get that sports car???? He's off to visit and show off his license now........geesh.......telling him call home when you get there.......call home when you leave..........lets see how much a mom can worry............OH KAY>......breath mom isn't it wonderful when our men can fix 'stuff'???

Marti what is a started kit for Bare essentials.......i'm sure i've heard of that product but can't remember

England Chick.......to air port..........

2 down 1 to go...........
  • I'm here - just no time to post - waaaah!
    Is Sarah the Canadian chick who talks like she' stoned? I liked her - but I haven't watched since the first "My eggs are rotting" episode..Luv the Bachelor!

Need to watch tonight -after Jack Bauer makes the world safe for me......

I'll post more later, now I have to go to Winco with two squirrely kids and a major bout o' PMS yes, there will be a wine purchase

Ciao
  • woo hoo did someone say wine?? I would LOVE some - bring a bottle over Katy and we can watch together!!! lol
    I could be wrong but I think there are 2 Sarah's?? I am thinking of the one that is from the Bachelors state, very wholesome lady that said she was always friends first before she got romantically involved.
    Glad to see you posting btw!

Congrats Christine on your son and his DL

It is wonderful staying home during the day nowI just need to walk and get ready for 2 hours of the Bach tonight!! Fed done, car washed and life is grand! lol - oh - doug just found out his DIL is going to have twins - yay.

chow
  • I'm hurt. It started a wuile ago, long story I'll try to make short.
    A good friend of mine (since we were 12) and I were working at the same tuxedo shop when I found out I was pregnant. She and I driffted a bit after that. I tried calling her many times and always left messages, but she rarely ever called back. Well, she got married on new Years Eve, didn't invite me. That hurts alot. Now she's moving to Calif. this coming weekend. Never called me or anything. It really upsets me.
    I guess I've lost a few friends after getting amrried and having a baby, but some of them it wasn't really a big loss, not such great friends, you know? But this hurts me.
  • ah Mel, sorry to hear about your friend..same thing happened with me as I bet others can happnened to them. Some friendships last,,,some take a break and others just drift apart.
    still stuck with Brandons computer...and struggling with the keyboard. Tried to come on during work but they made it so we can't.
    Im feeling better except woke with a sore neck. Been to the chiro,,,and nothing has helped so far. Its barely 7 pm and Im so ready for bed.
    The show yesterday was beyong awesome, our leading lady 's boyfriend proposed to her. Lots of tears,,,happy of course.So excited for the both of them.
    Not much else happening...
    How are you all doing?
  • Aw - Susan - it's no fun when they want to be friends first, hee hee. I'm chuckling over this Bachelor because its in Paris and as far as I can tell, the French aren't into hot tubs - so half the entertainment value of this show is GONE! But I will get a kick out of watching these gals try to eat escargot and cow brains....the things we do for love, lol BTW - you can just come on over, but you'd have to miss the first hour of the Bachelor while I am glued to 24. Jack Bauer rocks my world. The shiraz will make him even more attractive

Mel - so sorry about your friend. I wish it weren't this way, but some friends can't hang with people going through the normal changes of life. I've gained and lost friends through all the biggies...college, jobs, marriage, kids. Just remember the ones who stick with you no matter what are the ones worth having.

Marti - a very belated happy birthday - sounds like you had a good one. I think my brother's company just got the contract for your cafeteria, at least at the former location....small world, eh? He's in entertainment promotion, but there's a catering side to the biz and they just got a big medical contract..so I went hmmm, maybe that's where Marti works.

Hi to everyone else.

Dunno if this will work for everyone, but when I get the "server busy" message, I just click "refresh" and it goes away! Poof!

Hopefully I will have more time to post tomorrow...
  • Gotta move on to #163 before we crash, lol......