Closed Thread

Old 01-19-2006, 11:02 AM   #16  
Janice

Dee- Thanks for the website of WW recipes. I am trying the pork chops in mushroom, mustard sauce for supper tonight. Slow cooker - I have to work until 7 tonight.
I got all my xrays done yesterday, just have to wait and see the results.
Well I've gotta run, going to the gym before work
Old 01-19-2006, 11:19 AM   #17  
Losing it!

Janice, let us know how the pork chops turn out! Sounds YUMMY!
Old 01-19-2006, 12:03 PM   #18  

Shelley how is your mom doing? Is she improving? It is tough to have aging parents. Alot of us are in the same space.
Change of life has to be tough. I haven't started yet.
Cookie dough, yummy, maybe youshould try Suzy's recipe. I commend you for only eatting a few bites. I would have a hard time with that. Cookies have strings.

Janice how old is your cousin that had the stint put in her back? I know that after surgery you really are suppose to move as much as possible. Yes it hurts but it is best for you.
What anti-inflammatorie are you on? I was on arthrotec, it was pretty tough on my tummy. Did you get any other results back?
I am sure that being in the pool is the least painful exercise that you can do.
What is the weather like in Ontario? We have had a warmer winter until this week. After the rain and snow storm it has bropped to -10 C.

Cheryl ohh to be 30 again. I remember that it took me 3 years to get use to the idea. I was pretty depressed about it. I guess there are some things in life that you just have to accept. Enjoy. Your earrings sound very elagent. You must be very special.
Congratulations on selling your trailer. I am sure that it is a big releif. The extra money will be nice too.
That must have been quite the surprise to walk in the door and see all the book all over the living room floor....lol

Gayle my girl friend that just had the same surgery said that her weight stayed the same. I think I could have lost up to 4 pounds. It is hard to tell because I didn't weigh myself right away.
You are doing great on program. I am sure that your jeans are getting baggy. Can I call you a bag lady yet?

Sherry how are doing? I know that you are still doing great on program. It is nice to see that you are motivated. How is work going? You are always so busy.
Old 01-19-2006, 02:22 PM   #19  

I don't really have anything exciting to report, I just wanted to stop in and say hi to everyone...

I've been really busy at work the past few weeks, with no end in sight.

Shelley, glad your mom only has a fracture. Don't worry about not calling her--she knows you love her.

Gayle--looking forward to having your Cousin Bev in our midst.

Dee--It is a HUGE relief to have sold my trailer! That's 1000 miles/month I won't be having to drive anymore--plus the monthly payment, utilities, etc.

Hello to everyone else. I'm thinking of you all.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:30 PM   #20  

I thought I would check in while I have my coffee break. Guess what I have been busy doing?????
Packing, yes packing once again. You would think that I would have this down pat by now. I have a packing list to follow but I just hate packing. I guess that is the down side of traveling. I will be leaving on the 28th.
I went to see the doctor yesterday to have my heart meds changed. My heart rate still went up to 200 when I went to the gym (that was on the doctors approval to check out if my HR would go up). The meds he gave me now are beta blockers instead of calcium blockers. It could affect my athma so I am starting at a low dose and working my way up. I go back to see him monday.
Dez has gone home but still needs help with meals. She is really tired and resting most of the time. She is seeing the surgeon tomorrow because she tore some of the stitches from coughing.

I thought that I would give you girls ideas for a menu that is healthy.

For dinner last night we had

strawbeery spinach salad with poopyseed dressing topped with carmelized pecans

fresh hot whole wheat bagette

vegetable cheese soup

fresh fruit salad topped with whipping cream

raspberry french toast twist (the ones advertised in ww's magazine)

Tonight we are having

ceasar salad

garlic shrimp

rice with mixed veggies

fresh peaches and whipped cream

Hope this inspired you.
Old 01-19-2006, 04:53 PM   #21  

Dee-Sounds delicious. Do you always make a 3 course meal? I can't imagine going to all that trouble. I was going to make spaghetti tonight because Becky was supposed to be home, but at the last minute her boss called her in to work, so both girls are working tonight. I just won't cook for the 2 of us. It seems such a waste of time. I commend you for cooking all the time for you and Larry.
Old 01-19-2006, 05:17 PM   #22  

Default Newbie here

Hello all! Cousin Gayle, I hope I'm posting at the right place. Still busy, but decided to take a few minutes to at least say HI! TGIF tomorrow!!! Hopefully by then I'll be able to take a little more time and introduce myself!

Going to head out here in a bit after work and get a walk in before the snow moves in later! Will only be the 2nd time to walk this week!

Thanks for inviting me to join your group!

Bev
Old 01-19-2006, 08:40 PM   #23  

Shelley thank you. I always make a some sort of a salad or a coleslaw with a potein, vegetable and sometimes starch. I fill up half my plate with salad. We usually have fruit for dessert. I love to bake so changing over to fruit has been tough.
I don't find it trouble at all. If you don't make dinner do you eat anything? I have to have my 3 meals a day plus a snack. When you make spegetti do you make a salad with it.

Bev welcome to our group. I am glad that you finally posted. It will be nice getting to know you.
Old 01-19-2006, 09:37 PM   #24  

Welcome Bev!!! Any friend of Gayle's is a friend of ours!! Looking forward to knowing more about you!! What diet plan are you following? Again...Welcome..You'll love the ladies here!!

Dee & Shelley...I cook almost every night! A meal of meat & veggies. If I can't eat what Wayne & Drew are having then I cook something that I can have.

Hello to all
Old 01-19-2006, 09:39 PM   #25  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Welcome to the group Bev!

Dee ~ It sounds like you and I cook alike too! I most always fix a dinner with meat, potato or rice, veggies or salad. Not baking has been THE MOST difficult part of "dieting" for me. I love to bake! Before I always made some kind of bread or muffin with dinner and I usually made dessert 2 or 3 times a week I rarely do that anymore. I do still bake cookies though...no respectable grandma would be caught dead without cookies in the cookie jar!

I hope the new meds do the trick and that they don't aggravate your asthma!

I spent the day packing today too. Tim is going out of town again on business Friday, Saturday and Sunday. I can't go this trip because I have a quilting class that I have to teach on Saturday, so it's another weekend home alone for me.

Cheryl ~ Sounds like it's a good thing that you're only taking one class if it requires all that reading material! What are you taking?

Janice ~ How were the pork chops? I found quite a few recipes on that site that I want to try!

Shelley ~ I sure can relate to taking care of older realitives...it's not an easy job! I hope your mom is feeling better very soon!
Old 01-20-2006, 12:14 AM   #26  
Losing it!

YIPPEEEE!! Cousin B joined the group!!!

I'm so happy you found us Bev! This is a great group! I LOVE all of these gals dearly! Just watch out, there are a few "wild" ones on here!

Suzy, I didn't realize you taught quilting. I admire anyone that can sew! I do not have the skill or patience needed.

Dee, I usually prepare a meat dish, veggie, potato, rice or pasta. We usually start off the meal with a tossed salad. I do not prepare breakfast (that is the reason pop tarts were invented) Weekdays everyone fends for lunch on their own and I usually prepare a nice dinner. Weekends I prepare lunch & dinner. We very rarely have dessert unless it is some type of fruit or something low calorie. More often I will fix a fruit dish and we will have it for a evening snack.

Sher, I'm glad your back in the swing of things! Do you hear from Deb very much? I wish she would join us back here on the board!

Cheryl, I'm sure selling your place was a huge relief! I didn't realize you were still making a rent payment etc. Maybe things will settle in now and you can concentrate on school, exercising and eating well. oh, ya, can't forget Stewart! Guess you should spend some time with him too! After all, he buys cool gifts! LOL! Tell him he did well picking diamonds!

We have snow predicted here tonight! BLAAAACK! Shelley, can I come to Florida??? LOL!
Old 01-20-2006, 05:51 AM   #27  

WELCOME TO THE FLOOZIES, BEV! We are so happy to have you here!! I love my dear Gayle, and any friend or relative of her's is a friend of mine!!

I always have a HUGE salad about an hour or 2 before dinner. We're talking 2 serving bowls full. When I don't make dinner, I usually just have a leftover or cottage cheese. Nobody else in the house has a salad but me. I don't allow anyone to touch my shredded lettuce!!

Gayle-Come on down!!! It is supposed to be in the 80's today.
Old 01-20-2006, 07:18 AM   #28  
Janice

GREAT TO HAVE YOU ON THE BOARD BEV!! The more the merrier!
I made the potato pork chop recipe in the crockpot last night. It needed more spices. I think rather than the mushroom soup I will use thickened skim milk next time, so the potatoes will be regular scalloped. I liked it though. Doug wasn't crazy about it.
The anti-inflammatory I am on is Meloxicam. Not helping yet though.
I still think it is my thyroid medication causing me all these symptoms. When I was diagnosed with carpal tunnel, my Doc changed my thyroid hormone dose to a higher amount. I started having these other symptoms after that.
I have a doctor's appointment Monday, I am going to insist that he send me to a Endocrinologist (spelling). I have asked before and he just says he's looking after me. I don't think he's doing a very good job. I'm falling apart.
My cousin that had the shunt put in her back is 50. She uses a walker and is terrified of falling. She just doesn't move around at all. Very sad to see her like that and know we are the same age.
The weather today is supposed to be about 12c way above freezing. Tonight we are supposed to get a major snow storm. Winter in Canada is such fun. NOT!!
Old 01-20-2006, 12:13 PM   #29  

Thanks for the Warm Welcome!!
I'm watching it snow with big flakes, but it isn't (and not supposed to) accumulate.

To answer Sherry's ? - I am not on any particular program. That is why my dear cuzzie invited me to join ya'll - for the MOTIVATION (you all look to be doing GREAT!) and I need that Extra Support!
My New Year's resolution was to get back to drinking my water every day... (ya know "A bit of blush. A dab of lipstick. A GLASS OF WATER!) And to also get in walking at least 3 or 4 times a week. (ahem, some days are better than others!) My friend I walk with - we call it chalking! (chat/walk) - because it is our time to vent our daily frustrations!

Any ideas for meals will be GREAT - as will snacking ideas.
It is difficult making a meal for one (I am single) you know much easier to make those "drive-bys"

Well, I have used up ENOUGH space for one post! I guess that is one thing about me, I like to TALK!!

I look forward to any suggestions in my quest to "let the skinny girl OUT'!!
Old 01-20-2006, 02:52 PM   #30  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Gayle ~ One Saturday a month I teach a quilting class to a group of kids. It's an outreach project of the quilt guild that I belong to. Our goal is to interest young people in quilting to keep the art alive. At an average class we have anywhere between 15 - 20 girls and boys that range in age from 7 to 14.

The weather is wonderful here today! Can you believe that it's almost 60 degrees? Too bad it's not going to last...it looks as though Gayle is sending her snow on to me tomorrow. Thanks Gayle.

Janice ~ I would think that a second opinion would be a good thing...especially if the x-rays don't show anything. Keep us posted!

Bev ~ It sounds like you are off to a great start! Good for you! I've been learning how to cook for two again and it hasn't been easy! It seems like I almost always have leftovers, but that is usually my lunch then next day, so it works out ok. I'll look through my recipes and see what might work for you.
Closed Thread