3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

STOP THE INSANITY! Weekly Countdown to Valentine's!

Old 01-19-2006, 03:51 PM   #16
trying to only eat bamboo

Carla- I totally feel the same way as you and most likely i was much worse at lunch today...it just hit me like a panic attack that i needed to eat and that all the "good" stuff i was doing wasn't working...so then i decide to eat mcdonald's for lunch and since this is one of the few times i knew i would be able to eat it i just went out of control...not to mention the krispy kreme i bought afterwards...so much for stopping the insanity...but i will NOT give up and go running once again when i get home...

I don't know why i'm saying this, but it just needs to come out.

Confession: throughout high school and my first two years of college i was bulemic...so my signature style is binging and then purging it back up...i've been REALLY good lately and it's been probably over a year since the last time i've purged...but a part of me is also scared to death to really take on this diet because i'm afraid if i do, i'll just fall back into my routine. it also doesn't help that since i've been on my road to recovery i've gained over 20lbs in the past year or so because i've eliminated most of the purging just haven't controlled the binging portion of it...

bottomline...keep me accountable ladies..even now i'd love to get this sick feeling out of my stomach that i've eaten way to much grease and sugar but i will try to vent on this forum rather than running to the bathroom...

sorry if that was a bit heavy and off topic but i'm also thankful i have place where i can write out my thoughts that i haven't been able to share with many people.

truly, thank you for all of your support.

Start Date: December 28,2005

phatpanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 06:18 PM   #17
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

Hello My Dear Ladies
I don't have much time to post this time either, but hopefully I'll be able to respond to you all soon... Just a quick update on my progress - I met my goals on Monday and on Tuesday, then Wednesday I didn't get to bed until 11 pm. Thursday was back on track.
Bonus goal has been going good as well, I did my stationary biking all mornings but Thursday when I forgot to set my alarm and thus slept in a bit. This morning I only had the time to do 7 minutes - I did not know we were supposed to leave earlier!
I'm looking forward to the rest of the week, and I think I'm going to add a bit to my challenge for the weekend - I've been doing great with water during weekdays, but weekends I often slide. Partly because we usually go on trips, and it's hard to drink a lot of water because toilets are not always there... But I'm going to aim for 3 bottles this weekend. The heat sould help.

Good luck to everyone and take care!

Oh, Mscat, I met my goals 5 times last week, not 4. And I forgot to say I lost about 2 pounds.

Sushi Penguin's Main Goal

25 yrs, 153 cm
Lowest recorded weight since start: 128.4 lb just a few days ago!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2006, 08:40 PM   #18
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

S/C/G: 277/170s/155

Height: 5'4"

Bonnie! You are still doing great! I love reading about your days.. helps me see I'm not the only one out here trying to do this! I wish I hadn't gained back the 20 or so.. glad I finally have a handle on things tho.

Panda, we are here for you! Vent to us all you want. I think it really does help. I am yet to purge, but have always overeaten. Mostly emotional overeating, and out of boredom. I hope to have it under control better this year than ever! Last year was great til my baby arrived and I was sleep deprived for months! Anyhoo, congrats on keeping a grip on it. I know it can be hard.

Carla, don't worry about it. I wish you good determination! You are doing great. Think of it all in big terms. Are you better off than you were before? Even one bad night can't change the fact that you are striving to be healthier. It means something when we just show up here. It means we want to do something great for ourselves. Bad days can't change all we are doing! Keep it up! Cheers to you, girly!

Mscat, wow, belly dancing! I salute you! I hear it really is great exercise. Woohoo! And great that you are doing well on your plan.

Acire, you are doing so well! Good for you!

I am doing well this week. I hope to see a loss. If not, then I at least feel better!

Big hugs, Selina
Soon2BFitChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:23 AM   #19

Default We are all here!

Hi Lovelies! I am having one of those weeks too and I totally am with each and everyone of you. Thank goodness we have each other

carla - :hugs: you are going to be just fine. Susan Powter (STOP THE INSANITY) says it is insane to think a transgression here or there is responsible for our weight loss problems. You are right to enjoy it, get over it and work to getting back on track. She also says constantly denying yourself will cause you to fall off the wagon harder and give up. .

phat panda How brave of you to share your past and fears with us. Thank you for your honesty. We don't realize sometimes what is going on deep within each other. We are proud of you for your resolve and all of us are willing to do anything to help you stay the course. Please feel free to share here anytime. This thread is not just for successes but for sharing challenges too. That is how we all become stronger.

Bonnie for your sage counsel - you remind us that sometimes we focus too much on what the scale says rather than what our bodies say. We are all developing and maintaining healthier lifestyles that will eventually make a difference. Your weight loss correction makes me admire you even more. You can do it again

Sushi you are having a great week. Hang in there! And an extra for last week (sorry) and for your 2lbs!

Selina - you are an I wish I was as on as you think I am. :-)

I am having my struggles too. I think I have had my last day of exercise - I wore a knee brace during bellydancing class. I am starting to be in real pain so I will have to see the ortho guy again :-(. I have done terrible with water. Eating has been good. Carla - we had brownies tonight for dessert!

Have a great day.

All we have is right now. Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

Short Term Goal
mscat816 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 07:35 AM   #20
updownupdownupDOWN!!!

If I get off the computer NOW, and I mean now, I will have enough time to take care of my 21-day challenges (20 min exercises plus 3 min stationary biking outstanding from the morning) AND I will meet my goal on this challenge on a Friday, which is always more challenging than any other day of the week.

I suppose this is a good moment to press the insanity button... I'm not doing anything necessary, useful or productive...

Send the power my way...

Sushi Penguin's Main Goal

25 yrs, 153 cm
Lowest recorded weight since start: 128.4 lb just a few days ago!
Sushi Penguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 01:58 PM   #21
dgpebbles

I've got in my exercise mon-thur this week and fixing to do today ...I think I'm going to push myself the week and do all 7 days..I just feel to grat to skip a day...doing great with eating and water also this week...

mscat-sorry to hear your knee still hurts..hope you feel better soon..you still inspire us with you trying to workout inspite of your pain but take it easy and don't miss it uo more..

Halloween goal
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2006, 09:53 PM   #22

I got excited yesterday because the scale moved Let's hope it holds until weigh-in day!

Okay I have a great article from wbmd on metabolism for you lovely ladies http://www.webmd.com/content/article/117/112435.htm
Enjoy!

Sushi - the power is coming - coming - it's here!

dg - thanks so much for your support.

I am not going to make 7 days of exercise but I am pleased I made 3. We went to the auto show and I forgot my knee brace But I did fine until we had to climb 7 flights of stairs to get back to the parking deck.

I have had a few great STOP THE INSANITY MOMENTS this week. My best moment was when I ordered a cobb salad at my favorite restaurant where fried smelt and ribs was the special that day. Who else had a grand STOP THE INSANITY moment?

All we have is right now. Yesterday is gone, Tomorrow is not promised, and Someday is not a day of the week!

Short Term Goal
Old 01-22-2006, 12:36 AM   #23
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Hiya Donna, Bonnie, Mscat, Sushi and everyone!

I'm doing great this week and I know I will be happy on weigh in day!

Hope it's going well for each of you too!

Big hugs, gotta run~! Selina
Old 01-22-2006, 09:43 PM   #24
LGBWYFB

S/C/G: 244.2/244.2/159

Height: 5'5"

**hugs** for everyone, remember, weigh-in it tomorrow!!!
we can do it

Starting Weight: 244.2
Current Weight: 244.2
Goal Weight: 159
Pounds until Goal Weight: 85.2
Next Weigh-in= 10/31

One cow goes back to the pasture every 5 pounds lost

Fat Farm

Pasture
acire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #25
dgpebbles

Good luck on weigh in tomorrow...I know everyone will do great

I've done really good this week on eating and got in 6 days of exercise...can't wait till tomorrow

Night ladies

Halloween goal
dgpebbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 11:58 PM   #26

Met my goal three days this week - not too good. I'll try to stop my insanity in the new week, and stay away from after-dinner food. I'm out of town, and won't be weighing in this week - unless I get up early and find the gym here in the hotel. Not a likely scenario. In any case, I've either stayed level or gone up.

Sorry to all that I've been absent and not participating when I do post. It's hard to pick up after a few days away! Another challenge for next week: post every day.

I've got my fingers crossed that there'll be lots of ticker movement tomorrow morning.
carla49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 12:03 AM   #27

Default Good luck!

I will be changing the thread on Monday so we can all report our weights and number of days we completed our goals last week. I hope everyone gets on the scoreboard. Go team

Short Term Goal
Old 01-23-2006, 12:55 AM   #28
Proud Bluezer 2011!!!

Looking forward to Monday! Hope it goes well for us all!

Big hugs, Selina
Old 01-23-2006, 09:03 AM   #29

DON'T POST HERE - GO TO STOP THE INSANITY WEEKLY CHALLENGE #4 - COUNTDOWN TO VALENTINE'S DAY!MSCAT
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.