Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2001, 06:41 PM   #31  

Thumbs down

Oh Geneve~
Congrats to you and your DH! Welcome baby Leo, Happy Birthday to you!

Wow, 10 pounds! I cannot imagine! My boys were 7lbs. 14 oz, and 7 lbs. 10 oz.

I predict that this guy is going to be the biggest though! Just by the way I am carrying and I am at 33+ weeks now!!!!

As for the sore nipples, ice packs and warm wash clothes and keep nursing through it. It will take a short time before they are toughened up. Ask your doc if it is okay for you to try Ibuprofen as well. Just temporarily, of course--to get you through the pain for now. It has the tendency to cause the baby's stomach to be irritated, but I can't remember if my son had any problems. I am pretty anti-medication usually.

Anyway sending you a big American Hug! Congrats again!

Many Blessings!
Scully and Bellybean
Old 08-10-2001, 09:06 PM   #32  

Congratulations, geneve! Leo sounds like he is dong great. Aren't babies wonderful?

My little girl is 5 weeks old now. We go to the doctor on Mon for a well visit. I know she is doing well because she has outgrown some clothes. She is also too big now for the newborn diapers.

Geneve - Scully made good suggestions for the sore nipples. I also use Lansinoh. It is a pure lanolin ointment that I apply. It is very soothing. Plus it does not have to be washed off before nursing. I know LeLeche recommends it too.

Stay cool, everyone.
Closed Thread