Old 01-17-2006, 02:38 PM   #46  
on my way to HOT !!!

S/C/G: 260/260/150

Height: 5'3

Thumbs up

Hi again Ladies

Sarah - Thanks SO much for info on the Transfirmer workout !! IT sounds like a great program. I am going to be looking into it !! I too am curious though what happens after 10 workouts, if you start over or not ? Hmm....keep us posted

To answer your question, I purchased Denise Austin's Blast Away The Prounds - Indoor Walk !- It has 3 different walks that are 15 mins long, and each equals 1 outdoor mile. Then it has a stretch workout too. All of the walks are different too. I am excited about using it tonight !!

Diva ~ Good to see you and hear from you again !! Hope you're having a good day. I feel ya about having that nice lazy day, and then getting SLAMMED at work. Hope it gets better !!

Lisa ~ Good to see you and glad tohear you enjoyed a nice 3 day weekend !! How goes the diet and exercise ?! Keep us posted !!

Looking forward to hearing more ~ I am REAL Curious about WEIGH IN's and an updated post from everyone !!
MommaAshley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 02:51 PM   #47  

Smile hello ladies

Hello ladies, I am now awake enough to let you all know about me. I am a 34 year old mom of an 11 year old boy and a 9 year old girl. I am a diabetic who has high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and thyroid problems. I am hoping to lose at least 50 pounds. And it has only just begun. My downfalls are that I work in a bakery. TEMPTATION! So far I have done well with my six small meals. The exercise has not panned out yet. I am working on it. I had planned to go roller skating yesterday with my children, but I fell asleep. I pulled a 2 AM shift, normally it is 4AM. I also take care of my father-in-law who has Vasculer Dementia. My husband and myself take turns sleeping on the couch to make sure he doesnt wander away during the night. We have alarms on the door, but still!!!! Sleeping pills don't help any, So some nights are really long. My husband is supporting me, which is good. So with all of this I am finally taking my doctor's advice and I am going to start taking care of me. The first thing I did for myself was go and get a brand new hairstyle. It is a start, right!? I am determined to lose it, with all of your help. I have only been on here a few days, but I so look forward to checking in! All of you have already been an inspiration and help. Hope everyone has a good day!
Catherine
jamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:11 PM   #48  

Default Me again!

Hi again,

Well, I'm doing pretty well with diet and exercise. I just did 11.3 miles at the gym today. I'm working out 3 days this week and on the weekend, so I hope for the best!!

I've decided to join WW starting next Saturday. I think it's the best way for me to go!!

Take care.

Lisa
hellokittyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 03:17 PM   #49  
on my way to HOT !!!

Talking

Catherine ~ Thanks for the post ALL About you !!

It sounds like you have ALOT going on in your life, and I applaud everything you are doing as a commitment to lose weight ! I don't think I could work in a bakery without eating everything in sight !! Oh how I love anything baked !!

I also think your FIL is very lucky to have you helping take care of him. I know that has to be stressful and exhausting at times. What a wonderful person you are to do that !

Welcome to The Diet Journey of 2006 ~ 3FC Style !!

It sounds like you're doing well with diet !! And SMART lady to get a new hairstyle !! You go girl !!

Have a wonderful day & keep us updated ~ Elizabeth
Old 01-17-2006, 03:23 PM   #50  
on my way to HOT !!!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellokittyfan
Hi again,

Well, I'm doing pretty well with diet and exercise. I just did 11.3 miles at the gym today. I'm working out 3 days this week and on the weekend, so I hope for the best!!

I've decided to join WW starting next Saturday. I think it's the best way for me to go!!

Take care.

Lisa
Hey Lisa

WOOHOO fon 11.3 miles at the Gym ~

I would be flat on my face !! I hope you feel so good and energized. I always love how it feels after a REAL good workout all stretched !!

WOOHOO for WW !! I may end up doing that too !! Keep us posted on your progress

~ Elizabeth
Old 01-17-2006, 03:49 PM   #51  
wendyinnm

Hi I am new to 3FC and luv it. I am still trying to figure out how to navigate this site. If I do something wrong don't hesitate LET ME KNOW.
I am currently doing the LA Weightloss System. It holds me accountable. I have been on it 7 days and lost 6lbs 8 oz. I would like to join your group if you don't mind.
Thanks!
Ciao (formerly chow lol)
Wendy
wendyinnm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:16 PM   #52  

Talking Very Proud

I hope the Elizabeth reads this post and it makes all of us smile as big as her. I'm Elizabeth's husband, and for those of you who read this, always remember that hot is a state of mind. My wife is beautiful and I love her short, fat, thin, tall, or even 5'3". Weight Loss is a struggle for most of us. Most of us can remember a time in our life we we looked in the mirror and disliked what we saw. I'm committed to this lifestyle change with her, and want to add myself to the group to those of you who need encouragement, a push, or just a shoulder. I love you Beth and I'm sooo proud of you. I don't know what it means, but this Dancing Carrot is making me crack up.

J
downonthefarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:17 PM   #53  
on my way to HOT !!!

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendyinnm
Hi I am new to 3FC and luv it. I am still trying to figure out how to navigate this site. If I do something wrong don't hesitate LET ME KNOW.
I am currently doing the LA Weightloss System. It holds me accountable. I have been on it 7 days and lost 6lbs 8 oz. I would like to join your group if you don't mind.
Thanks!
Ciao (formerly chow lol)
Wendy
Hey Wendy &

I am so glad you're a part of this journey and I look forward to learning more about you !! YAY for 6 lbs 8 oz weightloss !!!

If we can be of any help, please don't hesitate to ask !! About a year ago I found a LA Weightloss Cookbook at a Used bookstore and purchased it !! That's a great program and they have some great recipes !!

Keep up the great work !! ~ Elizabeth
Old 01-17-2006, 04:29 PM   #54  

DIVA -

After the 10th workout, you can vary them however you like. The set comes with 4 dvds, so there is a lot of variety. LOL-and there are tons of Firm videos you can add to your collection. Once I get where I can do these videos straight through with the recommended weights, I think I'll rent a few Firm videos from Netflix and see if the other ones are as great as these.

The only bad part about the video? Instructors are the only people on the screen, and their bodies are all amazingly in shape! LOL

Sarah
marinemommyof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:36 PM   #55  

Catherine - a new haircut is a great start! I used to have to take medicine for high blood pressure. But once I started exercising and started eating better and lost a few pounds, I was able to stop the medicine! Hopefully you'll find the same thing!! I also make sure to eat 2 high potassium foods (like bananas) and drink lots of water each day which also helps keep it down. Your doctor can tell you more. I'm so happy you're taking the plunge with us! This is a great group and you'll have a great time. Girl, you must be a saint. I can't walk by a bakery without giving in......LOL....

Lisa - girl, you are racking up the miles! WAY TO GO!!!!

Wendy - what is the LA Weight Loss plan? Do you go low carb? Count calories?

Elizabeth & J - what a team you two make! I am proud to be in your group. Thanks for helping us keep motivated! And J, my husband says the same thing, he'd love me however I look. It makes me feel so good to have his love and support, and we all deserve our own CHEERING SECTIONS!!

WAHOO!!!! Way to go everyone!!!! Even just reading these posts is taking a step in the right direction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 05:09 PM   #56  

Katrina
- Pizza to me is like chocolate to most women, so I know how you feel there! I don't know if I could have just one piece unless everyone else ate the rest!

Katie
- what channel is that National Body Challenge show on? I need some more suggestions for groceries - although I've been doing the ground turkey thing for a long time.

Miss Lisa! How in the HADES did you do 11.3 miles? That would take me all day! You are amazing!

Erin, I am with you on the wedding-as-motivation issue . My brother is getting married this year and my family all lives in Ohio (except for my Dad), so I am anxious to stick to this and WOW them all when I see them again in September. The bad thing is that I have to get fitted for my dress next month, so HOPEFULLY I will have to get it altered at least once before the wedding. The look on their faces will make me SO happy!

Hi Catherine! Just from your first posts, I am admiring the strength you must have. The bakery, your FIL - I hope you can feel peace knowing the good that you do and use that to avoid the food temptations at work! Stay strong girl!

Hey Sarah! (I'm running out of colors! LOL) Thanks for the follow up on the DVD's. I am going to do some research on those when I get some time this week!

J - I just read your post and it melts my heart to hear you being so supportive and open about Elizabeth - there aren't many men like you out there (although I feel like I have one ) and you are an even bigger reason why this site is the GREATEST!!!! No wonder she seems so happy!

Hi and to Wendy!!!!
DivaLaRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:34 PM   #57  
on my way to HOT !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by downonthefarm
I hope the Elizabeth reads this post and it makes all of us smile as big as her. I'm Elizabeth's husband, and for those of you who read this, always remember that hot is a state of mind. My wife is beautiful and I love her short, fat, thin, tall, or even 5'3". Weight Loss is a struggle for most of us. Most of us can remember a time in our life we we looked in the mirror and disliked what we saw. I'm committed to this lifestyle change with her, and want to add myself to the group to those of you who need encouragement, a push, or just a shoulder. I love you Beth and I'm sooo proud of you. I don't know what it means, but this Dancing Carrot is making me crack up.

J

WOW !!!!

What an awesome hubby I have indeed !! My sweet wonderful J, you have made my day, my year my life !! I love being married to you !!

But now it's my turn to brag on J, he too is making all the right choices, and has lost weight too !! Hey what can I say - we both REALLY want to go on the cruise, and be here to see our children grow up have families, not to mention grow old together !!

He's on his way to being a skinny man!! Regardless I love my husband just as he says short, fat, skinny, tall ~ Any way as long as he is a part of me !!

But don't tell him I said that

Thank you J !!
Old 01-17-2006, 05:38 PM   #58  

S/C/G: 210/210/135

Height: 5'9

Welcome to 3FC Wendy!!

Diva - The National Body Challenge comes on the Discovery Health channel. I LOVE that channel - there are so many interesting shows! I hope you find lots of good ideas!
Katie Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:39 PM   #59  

I got a ticker! WAHOO!!!! I'm so computer illiterate, so I'm very proud.

How is everyone's day going? Well, evening on the east coast!!!
Old 01-17-2006, 05:54 PM   #60  
on my way to HOT !!!

Cool

WOOOOHOOOO Sarah for getting a ticker !! You go girl !! It's 4:52 PM here and 8 minutes til time to go and get Sam and head home to J

I also thought I'd include this :

This is a picture of Jason & I from December 10th 2005 at his office Christmas party !! I thought you all might like to see who you're typing too

I'll be checking again later tonight after I put Sam to bed !! Take care EVERYONE and hope to hear from all of you
~ Elizabeth