Closed Thread

Old 01-10-2006, 07:17 PM   #1  

Default Home of the Loozing Floozies.....(#62)

Hello

Here at McSkinneys, Our mission is to motivate,support and lose those pounds & inches.We must keep those Loozing Floozies loosing!!

Feel free to join our group of wonderful ladies.Come on in.....Give us YOUR motivation,support and ideas.We would love to have you!!!
Old 01-10-2006, 07:20 PM   #2  

Dee...How is Dez? I've thought about her all day!

Today was day 2 being 100% OP!! I even dranked 4-12 oz. of water so far! Which is very good for me!!!

Talk to ya'll later! Got to finish dinner..
Old 01-10-2006, 07:40 PM   #3  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Gayle ~ Thanks for the information on WW's Core program. I did a search and found a site with more details and a food list and it's basically the same as what I've been doing and eating. I've just been keeping track of calories instead of points.

Way to go on the 6 pounds lost too! You're moving in the right direction!

Janice ~ Congratulations to you too on your weight loss!

Dee ~ I'm glad to hear that Dez made out so well with her surgery. I hope her recovery goes well and that she doesn't have anymore problems.

It was a sunny warm day here today too...the first one in over 2 weeks! I made sure to get outside and soak some of it up too! That's the worst part about winters in Pennsylvania...no sun.

Shelly ~ You're on a roll...good for you! Keep it up!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:04 PM   #4  

Hey gals , sorry i didn't get back with the rest of my story the other day. I have one little boy who is a screamer and he makes it not so much fun and exhausting to be around. I am tired tonite.

Mom's finances with Medicare is ok they did something wrong(can you imagine the gov. doing something wrong). Sorry but anyway everything is ok with her being able to stay where her and Dad are.

My uncle is going to be paralyzed on the left side but not as bad as my Mom. My mom had my dad call his brother(MY uncle) and tell him that he can share the other bed in her room , they can be bunk buddies....She hasn't lost her humor....

Sherry...I am so thrilled to hear that everything is ok with you. I am doing the sonoma diet it is so easy no calorie counting and lost 11lbs. in 10 days.

Vicki
Old 01-10-2006, 08:09 PM   #5  

Vicki....Can you tell me something about the sonoma diet? I haven't heard about it.

I'm so glad your Mom,Dad & Uncle are doing ok...Take care of yourdelf too!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:43 PM   #6  
Losing it...again!

Sherry, the sonoma diet is featured on the 3FC home page right now... http://www.3fatchicks.com/diets/sonoma-diet.php

Congratulations Vicki! 11 pounds in 10 days is an amazing loss!
Old 01-10-2006, 08:53 PM   #7  
missbrowneyes127

Default support for a newbie

Hello Ladies, I just join in on this site and was looking for support in my weight loss plan. If you have any words of encouragement let me know. I am trying the atkins and other low carbs. I have done ww and it was good for me but I will soon have surgery and I will stuck at home I am not really sure about standing on the scale for the weigh ins.
Old 01-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #8  
Losing it!

WELCOME JUST FOXY! Great group of gals here, you will love'm!
Old 01-11-2006, 06:02 AM   #9  

Welcome Just Foxy! Please join in, and let us know what kind of surgery you are having. We have a bio thread that you are welcome to post to let us know about you.

Sherry-I am so happy for you. In my heart, I just knew you were fine. It sucks that you have to get colon. every 2 years. Me too! I can tell in your "voice" how relieved you are. Congratulations on the weight loss. Sounds like you are in the right direction in every way. Now, come on over to the exercise thread and start walking again!! BTW, where's Debbie?????

Dee-I am glad that Dez is okay. It's probably better that she wasn't doing well during the night. That way she won't push herself to go back to work so soon.

Gayle-Wow!! 6 lbs!!! Wonderful!! I barely lost 1 this week. I'm not sure what's going on. I'm wondering if I am just bloated because maybe this would be when I would normally have a period?? I don't know, just guessing and looking for any answer. It could really also be the amount of running, but I don't think that has anything to do with it. Another thing--all of the sudden I have been getting hives. I thought it was the wheat, but I got them again yesterday after eating an egg yolk and tangerine. I got it again this morning, and didn't eat or drink anything. I had just put my bra on, and it broke out between my breasts. Maybe the nylon? It was a bra I hadn't worn in quite some time. The thing that scares me is sometimes a UC flare can start with hives. It never has with me, but I've read that it can.

Vicki-I'm glad the medicare thing is okay. Sounds like you have your hands full with all the screaming kids at your daycare. I'll have to read up on that diet you are doing. 11 lbs. is awesome!

Suzy-Thanks for the link. I really enjoy you being here. You are such a joy to talk to and always have an upbeat word for everyone.

Hi Cheryl!! When are you coming back over to exercise?

It's getting late, I've got to go to work. There has been quite a bit of action on this board! I'm glad everyone is posting.
Old 01-11-2006, 09:21 AM   #10  
Losing it!

I second the action on the board Shelley! I'm happy to see the postings too!
Did you change the brand of detergent you use? Are you using anything new?

Sher, CONGRATS ON THE WEIGHT LOSS! I'm so happy things are looking up for you!

Vickster, AWESOME LOSS! Sounds like the Sonoma diet is for you!

Suzy, I agree once again with Shelley, you add a wonderful mood to this group!

Justfoxy, feel free to post here as often as you would like to. This is a great group of hard working, caring ladies with great values and awesome support to offer!
Old 01-11-2006, 11:02 AM   #11  

Shelley, I've been working out some (not much, though ). I've been counting minutes as opposed to miles or any other measuring. I don't have any set goals right now.

I registered for a class yesterday. I wasn't going to take one this semester because it's a stressful time of year for me anyway, with it being farm loan season, but two professors from the college e-mailed me and asked if I would consider taking it if it were moved from two nights/week to only one night/ week. How could I say no to that? (Plus I tend to go into withdrawal mode when I'm out of school for prolonged periods of time )

I've started taking my Lexapro again. Not necessarily for "depression," per se, but because of anger issues. I tend to "stew" and then blow up at the slightest thing. I decided that's not fair to Stewart or to the rest of my family--and there's no way it can be healthy for me. I feel much better, but it's a killer on the weight-loss front.

I've really been craving "heavy" carbs lately. I'm hoping it's because it's that TOM!!

Welcome to the board, Justfoxy! Stick around, put up your feet and enjoy some cold beverages with us. . .

Love all,
Cheryl
Old 01-11-2006, 09:14 PM   #12  
Losing it...again!

Welcome to the group justfoxy! I'm looking forward to getting to know you better!

Shelley and Gayle ~ I can't tell you how much I enjoy being part of this group. You all have become very dear friends...thank you!

Cheryl ~ I'm glad you're feeling better with the medication! Boy, I sure can relate to the carb cravings! I think my problem is due to the weather and long winter nights...I just want to eat and hibernate! I'll be so glad when Spring gets here!
Old 01-11-2006, 10:24 PM   #13  

Hi Everyone!

First of all, congrats to everyone on the terrific losses! I hope this will be a losing year for us all.

Sherry, I'm so glad everything turned out all right. See.....I told you it would!

Dee, I hope Dez is doing okay.

Vicki, glad things are moving along all right for you.

I'm sorry I didn't post to everyone, maybe one of these days I'll get back in the groove and bore you all with my endless rantings!!!

Dan is doing okay. He still hasn't been approved for therapy yet, but he has an appointment next Tuesday in Little Rock for an evaluation. Hopefully that will result in something good. He still doesn't have the wheelchair that was made for him and as a result, he has fallen out of the "loaner" chair several times. It is so very hard to see your child lying on the ground, calling for help. It just breaks my heart. He has so far been denied every type of disability and aid. We are fast running out of money. I don't know how "handicapped" you have to be to get help!

I need your advice on something. There is a vacancy in the next election year for the office of County Clerk. It is a very demanding job, but it about two and a half times what I make now. It would be very risky for me to run, the filing fee alone is $1200.00. And then there is all the money for the campaign. I've really been wrestling with this. What do you ladies think? Everyone says that since I've been in business here for years and since my dad used to be the County Judge, that I have a real good chance. It's just scary. I used to be unfazed by taking chances, but now with Daniel being ill, everything has changed. Any suggestions????

Okay, gotta go clean out everything in my kitchen. We have a leak in the wall and the sheetrock, sub-floor and cabinets have to all be pulled out and replaced. I just pray that our insurance company comes through. They are being kind of iffy about it. It really makes me mad that I've paid premiums for 27 years and now they don't want to help! Enough babbling, good night everyone. Hope you all have a terrific rest of the week!
Old 01-12-2006, 05:47 AM   #14  

Ramona-I say go for it, if you have the time to do it!! You would do an awesome job and win hands down!! My prayers continue for Dan's swift recovery.

Cheryl-I know what you mean about blowing up. I am the same way. I feel the rage going through me, then blow up, even with the Prozac.
Old 01-12-2006, 09:02 AM   #15  

Ramona--I say GO FOR IT!!!! If you decide to do it, I'll contribute to the campaign fund (may not be much, but I'll definately do what I can!)

Shelley--Yup. I catch myself clenching my jaw when I'm not on the meds. They really help more than one way, because they alleviate my headaches (from anger), too. It's funny, I never even realized I HAD and "anger problem" until I started taking Lexapro for depression in 2004--then when I quit the people I worked with started commenting on my personality change (for the worse, apparently). They didn't even know I had been taking it or that I had quit!!!!
Anyway--I didn't take it for 6 or 7 months or so, and just started back right before the holidays.

Suzy--I'll be incredibly GLAD when spring gets here, too!! I'm ready for some longer daylight hours!!

Cheryl
Closed Thread