Old 03-27-2006, 10:37 PM   #121  

Bringing us to the top!
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 10:07 PM   #122  

Hi Ladies,

Sure is quite in here.

Not much going on with me. Still on the South Beach Diet. Lost about 4 lbs so far. I'm not really craving sweets, but when I see someone eat them, I just automatically want them.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Hope to hear from someone soon!
Old 03-30-2006, 04:12 AM   #123  
Mooz

Hi chickies ..... sorry I have not posted in a while. My mother is not that well now ..... she got a cold and it developed into pneumonia. I don't think she has many days left to live. It will be good for her to get away.
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 06:37 PM   #124  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh Mooz, so sorry to hear the bad news of your Mothers illness. You are probably right and she will be ready to move to the next stage. Is she still at home or in hospital? My thoughts are with you at this time.
Love to all.

Sorry I can't get in as often as I used to. Very, very busy here and working at least ten hours if not 14 per day. Pity I only get paid by the day and not by the hour isn't it?

Glad to hear South Beach is working for you Patty.

Gotta go, more stuff just delivered to the desk. Why wasn't I born rich instead of beautiful???
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 09:17 PM   #125  
Give peace a chance.

Mooz--
Sorry about your mother. I'm sure she is ready to go, and you can be pleased that you're taken such good care of her all this while. Still, I think especially when someone's pulled through so many times, we sometimes think they'll be here forever. Thoughts and prayers with you.
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:36 AM   #126  

Hello Ladies,

Mooz - OH, so sorry to hear about your Mother. Like you said she's probably ready to move on, and remember the next move will be a Glorious one. You have been such a good daughter to her and have taken such good care of her. I will be keeping her and your family in my prayers.

Shad - Are you able to get any of the sights in?
Old 04-01-2006, 09:57 PM   #127  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Ladies,

Sorry I have been absent for a few days. I see by reading the posts a lot of things have happened. Mooz, sorry to hear about your Mom but you have been a "wonderful" daughter by giving her such good care!

Shad -- I cannot believe someone would be so bold to actually come in your home knowing you were there--I really think our world is not what it used to be and we certainly cannot be too careful in our everyday living.

Hal -- I just joined WW again for 10 weeks this past Thursday. Today was my birthday and I did go out for dinner and it was Mexican because that is what Gene likes and besides that on your birthday your meal is "free." However, I need to get back on track tomorrow. My daughter in Ohio has lost 13-1/2 lbs. in just four weeks and I am very proud of her. She said the way she is doing it is by eating a lot of 2 pt and 1 pt foods during the day.

Monday is my visit to the urologist and hopefully I won't have to come back and have a cystocopy but if I do I will just have to do it.

I am definitely looking into moving back to PA where my youngest daughter lives. There are a lot of things to consider but with Gene not really getting any better I am sure there will come a time when I will need some support. Right now I am checking out the HMO's that are available there because I do know Medicare alone most definitely will be too expensive. If any one of you has ever done a big move like this, I would appreciate any insight as to how best to go about it.

Take care all,
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 10:21 AM   #128  

Default RE: Spring forward...

Good Sunday Morning!

My beloved Grandmother's favorite part of the year was spring and it was extra nice for her when our time sprang forward and she could enjoy another hour of day light. I also remember her taking a few dollars to splurge on Easter Lilly plants. Cherished memories indeed.

This week is our school spring break, and this one is mine. I plan to take the time to spring clean the house and garage - and prep the deck area for new plants. I may, just possibly find some pansies to plant for the early spring. I love clean and organized - and neither resemble my place at the moment. I have promised myself if I accomplish this, I will find a housekeeper to start cleaning immediately. I am going back to school again (University of KY) and honestly won't have the time. I get stressed if my place is not clean or organized - so I am looking forward to some serious stress reduction! LOL

Mooz: My dear friend, I so very well understand you sadness at the most difficult time. Do know that your Mother is so appreciative of all that you have done and continue to do when she needs you the very most. You are a wonderful daughter, and she has been blessed by your care and continued love and comfort. Your family shall remain in my prayers. I have no doubt we are in God's hands.

Nita: Do be careful about checking out your insurance policy coverage when you are considering a move. When my Grandmother moved from Virginia to Kentucky she lost her premium coverage with Blue Cross Blue Shield due to "high use of insurance" and according to Blue Cross Blue Shield *of Kentucky* she did not "qualify" for the premium or better insurance policy she had carried for her entire life in Virginia. Same company, different state. Who would have thought? I looked into finding a teaching job there and moving back to Virginia with her as I knew this was surely a poverty sentence for her much sooner than anyone expected. I think it is really good to be closer to those you love, and it is worth the extra effort and time to make sure the transition is a comfortable one for both you and Gene.

OneDay: Way To Go!!! Losing 4 pounds is awesome. I think SB is pretty close to the WW plan actually. It is a little more focused on complex carbs, and that is a good thing. Rocky is going to a new groomer tomorrow. It is the person at my vets office. I did talk to the groomer and only spoke about the fact that these emails were going around - not bringing up the accusations. But knowing that Rocky did come back with a cut that could have been serious last month (by his eye) and that several times he has definately appeared sedated when I get him home - I have thought twice about going there. Also... it just occured to me, they have never checked for pet vaccinations either. I don't want Rocky bathed in areas with dogs that may be card carrying members with a garden variety of kanine disorders! Bless his heart - I hope this groomer is a go for us. I had him bathed there before I picked him up in January (while I was out of state at my dad's funeral) and he looked great just from the bath - evidently the shampoo they used was a good one for his coat. Anyway... wish us luck.

Shad: You are funny! My Grandmother use to have a plaque hanging on her kitchen utility board that said: "If you are so damn smart, why aren't you rich?" I kept a small ceramic container that said: "The road to a friends home is never long." Speaking of which, how is your next vacation planning coming? Long days should be illegal, huh? I've decided I am not cooking dinner if I have worked 10 or more hours. Do know I did not cook at all last week. It is a tad more expensive, but I can now find healthy take out. My latest healthy take out surprise is a poached salmon salad with lots of dark greens, sundried tomatoes, chopped red onions, capers and a pecan crust on the top of the salmon - served with a vinegarette. Just say YUM! So long days appear to be a part of our lives in this day and age - we need to find ways to adapt.

CatLover: How are you girl? I went to a book launch Friday evening after school. It was the first time I have ever attended anything like this. It was so cool. One of my good friends has a sister that just had her first Christian fiction novel published. The name of the book is "Just As I Am" and her name is Virginia Smith. There were wonderful hordevoures and drinks, a short speech and reading, and then her book signing. She has a contract for a 2nd book by another publisher "Murder By Mushrooms". Isn't that funny! Her current publisher is waiting for sales numbers to sign her for a 2nd book. It may be his loss. I bought a copy to send to my niece that is a freshman in high school. She is an avid reader, and I would love to be the one to expose her to Christian literture. I had it signed to her, and there is a CD rom with authors notes and questions. I forgot to mention - I ate NONE of the food there, other than one bite of a pineapple square with a square of cheese on the bottom of it - try this it is heavenly! I passed up both white and dark chocolate dipped strawberries, petifores from a local bakery, bourbon balls from a local candy factory and oodles of calories. It felt wonderful to have control. What have you been up to lately? Are you doing any writing at the moment?

I'm going to check out a gymn for women in our town. Stay tuned! I need to make this change for me... [/IMG]
HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2006, 11:03 PM   #129  

Hello Ladies,

I don't have spring break at work, BUT I did take off 2 days days to make a long weekend. Spent the time cleaning and getting ready to plant. My 3 year old niece and sister came over and we planted tomato plants. It took about 1 hour to plant to 2 plants, but I wanted her to experience picking out the plants to putting the soil in the containers. She's all excited. She said she can't wait for them to grow so she can eat them. I am also in the process of pricing out air conditioners. At the end of last year, I started having problems with mine so I figured I better start looking before it gets to hot. My a/c is 16 years old. Didn't think they cost as much as they do, but you can't live without one here.

Hal - I'm glad you decided on a new groomer. I'm sure Rocky will get along with this one. In reading your note, I guess I must of not read the part about them sedating him. I'm not for that, especially if they don't ask in advance. Enjoy your spring break, relax.

Nita - I don't have any suggestion about what to do with your move. But I definitely think it's a good idea to look at the different HMO's. Are you back to your bowling?

Mooz - keep us informed about your mother.
Old 04-03-2006, 11:06 PM   #130  

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY NITA, I HOPE YOU HAD A GOOD ONE!
Old 04-04-2006, 02:44 AM   #131  

Default RE: Happy BeLated Birthday Nita...!!!

Happy Belated Birthday Nita...!!!!
Old 04-04-2006, 03:42 AM   #132  

Oh no!

I've missed another birthday. Sorry Nita. Hope it was a good one.
Old 04-04-2006, 05:28 PM   #133  
Mooz

Hi chickies ...... just wanted to tell you that my mother passed away on Friday and was buried on Sunday. She had a very peaceful death and we were all there so that was a blessing.
My life seems very strange now. Thankfully the girls are at home at the moment. Orla is home for the Easter holidays from university. Sinead was in India on holiday but she came home early when she heard her granny was so ill. It will sink in when they all go back to living in Belfast and the house is empty except for DH. Paul is living in Belfast now also although he is usually home for the weekend.
Thanks chickies for your wonderful support
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2006, 05:34 PM   #134  

Mooz - Anne, big for you. You are going to find life a little strange for a while, but it is a new beginning for you. I'm sure you will come up with something to strive for, a goal to aim at. Maybe now that there is just you and DH you might be able to save for a trip downunder and let us show you the sights instead of living them through the children.
Keep smiling - your Mum is at peace, there is no more pain or confusion for her, she is standing upright and strong. Bless you.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:24 PM   #135  

Default RE: For Anne...