Old 02-16-2006, 08:27 PM   #76  
Give peace a chance.

Shad--

My, your life sounds so exciting. Here we are trying to keep warm--they are predicting 8 degrees (F) tonight.

I did, however, bundle up really well and walk the dog the whole half hour.

Oh, and bless DH's heart. He skipped the chocolate for valentine's, and got me the cutest little toy puppy.
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 10:46 PM   #77  

Hello Ladies,

I"m just stressed out. I really like my job, but it's so stressful. The pay is good, but all the stress And of course with valentine's day, their all the after holiday sale on candy and of couse i'm going to buy some for work, (ya, right).

Shad - your work trip sounds exciting. Keep us informed of what you do there? Sounds like you getting pretty much everything settled.

Cat - We're expecting that cold front tonight. They say it could be pretty bad weather this weekend. Today's high was 80!

Nita - WTG on your 2 1/2 lb loss. I think journaling plays a big key.

Hope this Thursday finds everyone well.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 10:22 AM   #78  

Default RE: Just say ahhhh...

Hello Everyone!

No Surprise, our weather forecast called for storms with high winds and heavy rain. As I enjoy this professional day off of school we have sunny skies and moderate temperatures! Just say ahhh...

I do have lots to accomplish today like taking my tax information in, taking down the Christmas tree down - yes taking the tree down! I noticed my neighbors put their live tree out last weekend, so I don't feel totally awful, but just the same - it needs to be packed away, and today!

I'm working on a memorial for my niece, AJ. I purchased ad space while I was in Indiana for my Dad's visitation. Now to find the words. I thought it would be easier and keep waiting for the right ones.

OneDay: Our work site is stressed also. We have a 3 hour required meeting on Thursday to go over a voluntary scholastic audit. This is after a full work day. So, they plan 11 hour days for us - and remember we get a big 25 minute lunch. Nuts. I've ask how on God's green earth does anyone expect our students to score proficiently if we are not giving our teachers the opportunity to teach at the very least proficiently - but honestly in a distinguished manner. Anyway... just remember stressed is desserts spelled backwards, and try not to take life too seriously. One lesson I have taken with me after the last year.

CatLover: Real live toy puppy? If so what kind, and congratulations. Rocky Road Ketchum is the bright spot of my day - each and every. I did have a white chocolate Valentine sucker a teacher bud gave to me. It was the real deal - with cocoa so since it was top shelf I told myself it was OK, and immediately wished I had not. Lifes lessons, one at a time.

SHAD: Your posts are so interesting to read - you take us with you on your adventures! I think I'll find some time to look up where you are going to see if I can see it. I admire you for the home repairs and redecorating you do. I have no talents in this area and have always hired it out. Since I am home today I made a traditional Virginia county breakfast similar to one my Grandmother Preuster would have made with cheese grits, extra thick bacon (to the point it actually appears to be mini slices of ham/pork chop), eggs over easy, toast with olive oil spread and home made apple butter. I'm set until mid afternoon - and I'll snack on fruit and/or salad. I have dinner plans with a good friend and her husband tonight. I bought this bacon while I was in Indiana - you know it is strange how 'the best stuff' is always where your roots are. I wonder where the good stuff is here - and that is so typical of the grass is always greener theory, huh. Hey, Nichole Kiddman accompanied Mr. Keith Urban to the Grammy awards here in the states last week!

Nita: I've not heard of the Seavegg supplement, but will look to see what I can find out. One of the many flu viruses going around our schools here has a stiff neck as a symptom. You may have picked up some type of virus. If I have trouble sleeping, I go over what I ate for the day - and calculated servings/calories. You know what? I rarely make it to the end of that list. LOL...

Good to hear from each of you. Have a GREAT weekend!!

HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 01:36 PM   #79  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Ladies,

Well thanks to my chirpractor, almost all my pain is gone. I still have not gone back to the gym--I am going to wait another week to make sure everything is okay. However, I am still bowling.

I have some great news--this journaling and measuring my food is paying off. I even took Gene out to dinner last evening thinking it might not be a good idea, however, this morning I was down another 1/2 lb. for a total in less than two weeks of 4 lbs. I ordered grilled chicken breasts and only ate 1/4 of them and brought the rest home for a salad tonight. Halgal --anything you can find out about Seavegg I would appreciate it. Also something else has happened my stomach problems have almost disappeared--it is either what I am eating or the food supplement. I told my daughter when I have lost at least another 15 lbs. I am going to write my own diet book. It seems all the books I have read the menus they put together always have foods I would never buy and/or the preparation always takes a lot of time. This book will be geared to senior citizens like myself. I am eating normal everyday foods and just making sure I measure and count all of the calories. Something else I have been incorporating in my food plan is Chocolate lowfat soy milk. It is higher in calories than fatfree milk but it tastes really good. Oh I almost forgot I have at least one or two squares of dark Hershey's chocolate almost everyday!

I am sorry to hear about all the stress some of you are having on your jobs. I have been there and now that I choose to keep working part-time it makes a big difference. I am still stressed with Gene's condition and I was using that as an excuse to not be in control of my diet. I have decided I will just take each day as it comes and hopefully one day we will wake up and he will improve considerably.

I love you guys and wish I could come up with some magic to help all of you?

Take care,
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2006, 11:06 PM   #80  
Give peace a chance.

WTG to go Nita.

Hal--sorry if I gave the wrong impression. No, it is a toy, toy puppy--though he does sing "I'm just a love machine" when you squeeze his paw. After Regalito the cat, I don't expect to get another pet, but then you never know about these things. If we did, though, I suppose it would be a small one, as a Samoyed takes a lot of strength and energy.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:19 PM   #81  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Here we are again bright and early - wel early anyway. It is now 4.50am and I am about as ready as I will ever be to get on my way to the airport. Got up at 4.00 and packed. I think I have everything. Enough to keep me going for the week anyway. I just need to finish up in the kitchen, tidy up in the lounge and make sure things are locked up inside and out.

Went to the footy last night with DB2 and the kids. Niece invited a whole raft of her footy mad friends so we had a good if somewhat noisy night. Our team finally got up to beat the locals although it was a bit hairy there for a while. We had dinner out at the pub at Indooroopilly (pan seared Tasmanian salmon on a bed of hot potato salad and tomatos with an olive tapenade) which was very nice. Nephew has taken to eating in a big way and you ought to see him shovel it down. I'd forgotten just how much teenage boys could eat!

Here's a warning to you all for when the warm weather arrives. We've been having stinking hot days for a week or so and the humidity is right up there. And I didn't drink enough for the last few days and yesterday paid the price. Sure some weight dropped off, but the resulting pain of constipation (sorry TMI) and headache is something I don't want anyone else to suffer, so drink that water. There is a fine line between too little and too much I have to say. It's hard to know where to draw the line. Better to overdo than underdo I guess.

Puss went very unwillingly to the cattery. I'm sure she will be taken good care of - the vet recommended the place - but it was hard to see her sitting in the cage and very, very frightened.

Okay - time to put the show on the road. to you all. I gotta roll. See you next week.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 10:00 AM   #82  
Give peace a chance.

Shad--
What is footy? What we call soccer, or something else?

Nice that you could go out with your family. Mine is so far.
Old 02-19-2006, 09:37 PM   #83  

Hello Ladies,

Oh, we had a pretty good cold spell the last few days, I think the high yesteday was 24degrees. We're suppose to warm up tomorrow. Spent most of the weekend cleaning house and just taking it easy.

Hal - Your breakfast sounded good. Everyonce in a while my mom will cook the big breakfast, especially if my brother is in town and she'll call me. She doesn't have to ask twice. OH, I don't see how teachers are expected to have a 25min lunch/relax and sometimes have to watch the kids. I'm try not to stress but it's not easy.

Cat - I too wondered if you got a real pet or not. OH, i think footy is rugby.

Nita - WTG on your weight loss. I too am going to see a chiropractor. My hip has been bothering me and I think it's from the bag that I carry back and forth to work. A few weeks ago I went to a health fair and there were some chiropractors there. I have an appointment next week. OH, did you ever go see the hyptonist? There is one that has been advertising for $40 dollars (group session) and I've noticed that they were here in Jan for about 2 weeks and now there back again.

Shad - have a safe trip and keep us informed.

Mooz - Hope your doing ok.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:23 PM   #84  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Morning all,
Today I find myself with a mouse which works and doesn't keep scrolling up and down the page constantly. Ever tried catching up with the page as it goes up and down. There's the bit I want - just down there oh oh up there, oh oh over there. Such fun.

I've been in different seats with different people and different offices all week and one day they will find me a place of my own I suppose. Equipment which doesn't work, using someone else's login. The list goes on.

Haven't go time to catch up much with the news and doings, but will try hard for some time over the weekend.

Catch you then.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:13 PM   #85  

Hi Shad,

Nice to hear from you. I hope they find you a place where all the equipment is operable. As I was reading your post, I got a message that my wireless mouse needed the batteries replaced. Well I took the time to do it and now it works great!

For a change I did get an alert to the site, however, it ended up in my junk mail. I did change it to "safe." Hopefully it will be fine from now on.

I may have seen the Chiropractor for the last time. The pains have all of a sudden gone. What a relief--like I said before you never know how good you feel until you get some kind of a pain!

I am still journaling but it seems I am stuck on 152-1/2 lbs. I am not giving up though because I really need to stay in good health for Gene and me.

Well I will close for now -- hope all the rest of our group is having a "wonderful" week!

Take care,
Anita
Old 02-22-2006, 10:10 PM   #86  
Give peace a chance.

Shad--sounds frustrating. Hope they'll get you a space.

Today was a beautiful day to walk. In Kansas, though, we know we're not done with winter!
Old 02-22-2006, 10:48 PM   #87  

Hello Ladies,

Shad - glad you got to your now work site safely. I"m sure it's frustrating not to have your own office space. How long are you going to be at this job?

Nita - I have my first chiropractor visit this saturday. Let's see what she has to say. OH, to be stuck at 152 1/2. I would just love that. Keep journaling and don't give up.

Cat - it's still cold here, but not like it was this past weekend.

Hope everyone having a good evening!
Old 02-23-2006, 08:46 PM   #88  

Hello Ladies,

Just bringing us to the top!
Old 02-25-2006, 08:35 PM   #89  

Hi Ladies,

Well I fasted until 1:00 p.m. today so I could have all those tests put on by the Kidney Foundation. As usual, my blood pressure was very high 170/90 and I did try to explain this always happens at the doctor's office. I even took my journal to prove it is always low when I take it in the morning. Even though I weighed in this morning (without any clothes) 152--on their scale it registered 155. They actually checked the urine test right there and it showed I had a small infection and a "large" amount of blood. The protein count of 10 was okay. I believe I shared this before--the fact that I always have some kind of blood which shows up under the microscope. The glucose test was 98 which was perfect. They took two vials of blood and I will not know the results for six weeks or so. The doctor I talked with said the blood test does show symptoms of kidney disease long before you know you have it. It's one of those silent diseases. He did advise me to inform my doctor about urine analysis and he thought it might be time to have another round of tests. I also inquired whether my stomach problems would have anything to do with the kidneys and he said no it would not.

My yearly check up is due next month so I will definitely discuss this with my PCP. As far as my aches and pains--they are completely gone. My chiro is truly remarkable and the next time I am not going to wait so long to see him.

Well that is all the news for now. Take care all and have a "super" weekend!

Take care,
Anite
Old 02-25-2006, 11:17 PM   #90  

Hello Ladies,

Nita - Glad to hear that your aches are all gone. I went to see a chiropractor this morning too. Did a very long medical history on me and several tests to see where i'm at. Keep us informed on what your PCP says. The kidney foundation is also offering that testing here. It was offered last weekend but the weather was bad and I didn't want to get out. I think i'll keep an eye out for the next one.

Hope everyone is having a good weekend.