Old 01-21-2006, 11:36 PM   #31  

Default RE: This Side of Heaven

Hey Movers and Losers!

So, as you can see I have been lurking around the chicks site to see how everything works. I've been here for years, and never taken the time to really just look around. Anyway...

"This Side of Heaven" is Hal Ketchum's new single. Word out it is playing on raido on the west coast and doing well. It was due here last week. No one here has any idea? This is typical of Hal's work, and why his career has stalled. Strange goings on. Anyway... if you listen to country music radio... you 'may' have an opportunty to hear him.

I like the idea of being in control, once again. Even tho I gained the first week, and was ready to forget it all - I like the feeling of being in control more. Little by little - I'll gain control. I read last week an article that stated how it was much easier to maintain good health, than to recover from poor health. Enough said for me.

NITA: I'm glad you were not hurt when you fell. I am now taking calcium supplements. WW says I need 3 milk servings a day. It is really hard to get all of that in, so I bought those Viactin chocolate supplements with the vitamins. Hang in there!

Mooz: I am receiving the daily emails with the how to lose weight information, I just cannot receive the videos. On the visualization techniques - I've used this before. I lost weight on a medically supervised fasting program years ago. Each week we had to meet with 'our group'. One of the group leaders was a psychologist that would use group hypnotism. I remember once (really only one time) it really worked - 40 minutes later we were finished and it felt as if I had been there 5 minutes. Anyway, I still remind myself of the benefits of visualizing positive results. Thanks for the help here!

CatLover: I am STILL finishing that book. I began kind of skim reading, I just try to digest each word as if it was a Hershey bar. LOL It really is eye opening. A few of our book club members have reported in they stopped reading it, could not get into it. How was your weekend away? Hope you have a good time.

OneDay: We had a 50 degree day, 3 inches of snow and ice the next day, and almost 60 degree day the next day. Wild, huh? Did you get all of your holiday decorations put away? I am still finishing, but will finish this weekend. I bought some things on sale and had to get more boxes to store them in. I did not find any holiday cards on sale this year tho! You should see Rocky, he is curled up in his bed - sacked out from a day of rough running. I have promised myself either an iPod or a portable satellite radio when I reach the 25 pound loss. I'll use it to walk Rocky, and ofcourse - other things too. I am motivated.

Well I will close for now. Have a great week girls!

Last edited by HalGal; 01-21-2006 at 11:41 PM.
HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 12:47 PM   #32  
Mooz

Yesterday and todays tips DAY 12: Write it down!

‘Tell me what you eat, and I will tell you what you are.'
ANTHELME BRILLAT-SAVARIN
You have already learned in keeping this journal that there is an incredible value in writing down what you are doing as you are doing it, and in taking the time to review what you have done and to learn from it.
Today, increase your mindfulness of what you put into your body by writing EVERYTHING down, from the sugar-free breath mint to the evening cup of tea. This is not to make yourself feel guilty about what you are eating – remember, there is no such thing as a forbidden food.
It is simply to assist you in becoming more and more aware … Take a piece of paper and divide it into four, and label each quarter morning, afternoon, early evening and late evening …

DAY 13: Pronoia in action

‘You should view the world as a conspiracy run by a very closely knit group of nearly omnipotent people, and you should think of those people as yourself and your friends.’
ROBERT ANTON WILSON
I believe there should be a new category of mental health called ‘pronoia’
– the belief that everything and everyone is conspiring to do you good!
Here’s a simple way to put your pronoia into action …
Just for today, live as if there is a positive benefit in every one of life’s events.
Jot down something that happened today and find (or make up!) the positive benefit …
What happened: I ate about five more biscuits than I intended.
This is good for me because: It shows how much I’ve changed – in the past I would have eaten the ...

Was at a surprise 50th birthday party last night for my younger brother Hugh ..... he is the fireman.
Will attach a photograph taken at it ........ from left to righ .......my hubby, me, my hubby's brothers wife, my hubby's brother, my brothers wife and my brother. The two gals in the picture are also sisters So in that picture you hace 2 brothers, 2 sisters and a brother and sister! Of course I am the oldest in it!!! *********!!! I have my mouth open because just at the moment the picture was taken Margaret, beside me, decided to grab me around the waist and tickle me.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Birthday Pic.JPG (45.4 KB, 15 views)
mooz49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 06:37 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 148.8

Height: 5 ft

Hi Ladies,

Just a quick note to let you know I really enjoy reading your posts. Today I have been working on my income tax--something I really do not enjoy doing, however, this year I have a new tax man and perhaps he can save us money. They are having a group hypnosis seminar here close to me next Sunday. The cost is $40 if you pay in cash. I really would liek to attend, however, my husband thinks it is a waste of time. What do you think?

My knee is still really black and blue but I did manage to go practice 5 games of bowling. None of my friends showed up so i did this all in one hour and 15 minutes. It seems as long as I am moving it it feels pretty good.

Gene is trying to walk without his cane and is still quite wobbly, however, I do think he is making an effort.

I finally did get notified so I guess I did something right.

Hal -- How do you go about getting your picture on the site.

Mooz -- Your family picture looks great--I sure do miss my family!

Take care,
Anita
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2006, 08:24 PM   #34  

Hello Ladies,

We finally got some RAIN. Thank God. It's been so dry here, I think the news said the 5th worse drought since they been recording. And of course we have idiots who smoke and throw the butts out the car window. Lots of grass fires. BUT it's been raining today. Of course not getting as much as we need but i'm sure the fireman are glad for the break today.

OK, i'm been depressed lately. Nothing moving on the scale. But why should I expect it to move when I haven't been exercising or really watching what I eat. I feel like i'm just not in control. And like you said Hal, it's good to be in control whether is work related or home. So yesterday I went to the office, work 5 hours just on my filing and today went back and work on more filing. Anytime we issues purchase order's over a certain dollar amount, we suppose to get all the paperwork (po, approval, quotes etc) and send it to file. We;ll the last few months, been so busy, I get the order out, but didn't do the filing, and it's makes me depressed to go in my office. So I'm taking action to get it done. Ya, I'm having to work over, but I'm feeling better about it.

NOW for my diet and exercise. We'll went grocery shopping and starting South Beach tomorrow and I've also got the treadmill out.

Nita - I'm so glad you didn't get hurt when you feel. See working with weights does pay off. They had one of those hypnsois here during the holidays and I really wanted to attend. I think they work, but you know they're going to try and sell you some tapes for home. Let us know if you go.

Mooz - what a wonderful picture of you. Looks like everyone was having fun. YOU look great girl!

Hal - Christmas decoration are put up. Now i've also been working on files at home. Lately I just come home from work and veg on couch. NO MORE. This week i'm making it a goal to exercise and to do something around the house.

Cat & Shad - hope your having a good weekend.
1day@atime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:44 PM   #35  
Give peace a chance.

Nita--
I'm a little concerned with the one-size-fits-all hypnotism, but it's probably OK. REmember, if you get a bad feeling about it you can walk out.

1day--good for taking action!

Had a wonderful weekend with the storytellers--makes it hard to go back to my boring job, though.

Oops--Kitty needs love.
Catlover777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 07:44 PM   #36  
Give peace a chance.

Nita--
I'm a little concerned with the one-size-fits-all hypnotism, but it's probably OK. REmember, if you get a bad feeling about it you can walk out.

1day--good for taking action!

Had a wonderful weekend with the storytellers--makes it hard to go back to my boring job, though.

Oops--Kitty needs love.
Old 01-23-2006, 09:54 PM   #37  

Hello Ladies,

Made it through day of 1 of South Beach. I'm starting to get a headache and I think it's because of no sugar. Drink more water, drink more water. This evening after work I went and had a massage. It was wonderful.

Cat - Glad you had a good weekend with the storytellers. In your statement with the one size fits all about the hypnosis. I think your right. I have done both. I had a few private sessions and they focused on the things I was having trouble with. Drinking water, sweets. I really started to see a change, but the sessions were getting expensive and then the drive.

Hope everyone is having a good day!
Old 01-24-2006, 11:58 PM   #38  

Default RE: Not my day

Well I gained .4 of a pound. This is going to be a real battle, but I knew that. I am ready and refuse to be discouraged.

When I got in at 7P tonight my telephone was ringing. My Dad passed away. He had a surgery just before Christmas for an anuerism and never really felt well after it. He was 77 years old. There will be a visitation in Indiana on Thursday and graveside burial in Virginia on Saturday. I'll be out for a few days traveling. I don't think I'm up to both services and have to decide when and where I'll go. Decisions...

Anyway... not the best of days.
HalGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 04:33 AM   #39  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Oh Hal - I am so sorry to hear about your fathers passing. Wish I was closer to give you a big hug. I'm sure your Dad would not have wished for you to upset yourself with travelling and moving from place to place. You must do what is best for you and which gives you greater peace and closure.
My thoughts are with you.

I'm sorry I haven't been posting much lately. I've been rather wrapped up in family doings and problems. We had a nice visit from DS1 and G/F last weekend and a family and friends bbq on the Saturday night. I cooked for 14 and must have got it nearly right as there wasn't a huge amount left over. Even all the vegetarian stuff went. Also I have been working on the house and have sanded the dining room and kitchen ceiling and painted the long wall in the lounge/ dining room. I bought two new doors yesterday. These are to replace the front and back door which were getting old and no longer very secure. So that was fun. I just thought doors were doors, but there are long doors and short doors, wide doors and narrow doors, thin doors and thicker doors. Mine have turned out to be stock standard so I was pleased about that. They should arrive and be fitted in the next 3 weeks.

Weather is still hot and sticky. We are probably due a thunder storm before too long.

I'll be back tomorrow to reply to individual posts. Right now the electrician has arrived.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 07:09 PM   #40  

Hal, I am so sorry about your Father's passing. I hope he didn't suffer too much! 77 is not very old. We'll miss you while you are gone.

I am still having some problem with my right knee that really got the brunt of my fall a week ago today. It could be that I went bowling today and then walked at the mall. I still haven't gone back to the gym but I am hoping to do so on Friday.

For some reason I cannot begin the diet like I used to. I do remember one of the Leaders at WW saying if this is how I felt to just cool it and take off a couple of weeks and not to stress about not being on program.

Have any of you ladies watched the nonprofessional skaters skating with the pros? It is truly a great program. I cannot imagine how these people could do so well. I am also watching the Dancing with the Stars. I find that watching some good TV a couple of hours a night also is a good stress reliever.

Well I had better get moving--it's time to make dinner.

Take care all,
Anita
Old 01-25-2006, 08:45 PM   #41  
Give peace a chance.

Hal--
My sympathy on the loss of your father. Even though you may have anticipated something like this, still it's very hard.

Nita--I have been using the Miracle Ball for my foot and back, and it is really simple and helpful. You can get it at gaiamdotcom or her web site is elainepetronedotcom. My set was $18, which includes the book.
Old 01-26-2006, 09:46 PM   #42  

Hal - My deepest sympathy to you on the loss of your father. Will keep you and your family in my prayers.
Old 01-27-2006, 04:25 AM   #43  

S/C/G: too much/going down/just right

Height: 157cm

Evening all,
Time is rolling round so fast - it's nearly the end of January already. How time does fly.

I feel so unmotivated right now for weight loss. I feel that for so many years I have been good and tried hard and done the right things. Good food, exercise, etc etc etc and absolutely nothing has happened on the scale. Sure I have lost inches, but surely dropping 4 dress sizes should result in some sort of drop on the scale. It has become extremely frustrating. So much so that I have decided that fasting one day a week will now be the go. Also eating when I am hungry, not when time dictates I should have a meal or snack. It goes against everything I have learnt over the years, but the time comes when one has to try other things if the 'norm' is not working.

So that is where I am at at the moment.

Mooz - great picture of the family. That's one for the album. Nice to see all the siblings together. In our case it happens so rarely that you have to get the picture at the time.

Nita - sorry to hear about your knee. Hope that it soon comes right for you. Horrible feeling when you fall over like that. It can do some real damage too.

1 day - Glad you got some rain. These weather patterns around the world are just awful right now. I guess Mother Nature is totally annoyed with us all. We have the same idiots who toss the butts out the window while still alight. There is a telephone number we can ring to dob in the tosser if we want. Biggest problem is that you aren't allowed to use the phone while driving unless you have a hands free phone and I haven't. I believe they get a letter from the Fire Department telling them not to do it again and outlining the consequences if it starts a fire!

Time to go get on with it. Hello to the others - Mooz, cat, hal.
Shad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 10:42 PM   #44  
Give peace a chance.

Hey, good news from the oncologist. He says that I am way on the good end for the kind of leukemia I have. My numbers are so stable he thinks it likely it could be many years before I need treatment.

On his super-accurate scale I am 3lb lower than I was last year. Sigh. Still, at least it's not heavier.
Old 01-28-2006, 11:37 AM   #45  

Hi Everyone,

Shad -- I am in the same boat you are--dieting has become so difficult that even though I have good intentions each morning, by noon they have all gone by the wayside. So that is why I am going to just try and maintain at this time. I am going to try and go back to the exercise class on Monday. My knee is still quite bruised and painful but at least I am able to bowl even though this is my sliding foot.

Catlover-- I am happy to hear your good news from your oncologist. I am sure this has been very stressful for you now knowing how your test results until now.

Today my friends are coming over to play pinnochle and this is good because it gives Gene something to look forward to. It also gave me incentive to get moving early this morning.

Well I will close for now--hope everyone is enjoying their weekend1

Take care,
Anita