Closed Thread

Old 01-06-2006, 08:59 AM   #16  
Losing it...again!

Height: 5' 5"

Sherry ~ I'm keeping you in my daily prayers as well. I think the waiting and fear of the unknown is the worst part, but you have the right attitude...I know you will handle whatever comes your way and beat it no matter what!

Gayle ~ That poem was great! Thanks!

Shelley ~ I will add little Robert to my prayer list. It's heartbreaking when a child is diagnosed with such a horrible illness. God bless him.
Old 01-06-2006, 11:22 AM   #17  

Happy Belate New Years to everyone here-been lurking again since got back from visiting parents and sis in Florida. It was down right cold over the holidays there but was a wonderful visit with Mom.
The downer was coming home and going to the family-in-laws for Xmas and N.Year celebrations and that was so entertaining.

The kids are back in the usual pattern of screaming and i am Loving every minute of it...........................NOT.........ready for another vacation.

Been feeling well and trying to stay OP.

Sherry I know things will be OK and it is always scarey waiting but prayers from Kentucky coming your way.

This is a wonderful group and i know i don't post as often as i should but your in my heart and when i don't have anything to say i just lurk and get comfort.

I will try my best to get back into the swing of posting and keeping better touch with all.
Old 01-06-2006, 02:22 PM   #18  

Gayle oh how true that peom is, funny thing about it we are having a christmas eve dinner tonight. Yes it is christmas again. Larry's step parents are coming down to celebrate ukranin christmas with us. I have the turkey and trims cooking right now.

Sherry you are in my prayers. I am sending you a big hug and a angel to look after you.

Shelley my sister is going to be in Orlando tomorrow for a week. They are hoping for warm weather. It has been a very mild winter here. Just around freezing. My prayers are being sent to little Robert.

I am sorry I don't have time to post to all of you but know that you are in my thoughts as I cook up a storm.
Old 01-06-2006, 04:41 PM   #19  

Gayle-Robert can't come to school. He is staying in the hospital. His chemo started today. We are all doing dinners for his family for the next 6 weeks so that the aunt he lives with doesn't have to worry with that. She took a leave of absence at her work to stay with him at the hospital. We are also doing tons of fundraisers for him. Today I collected $265.00 for his family. We charged $5.00 today to any staff that wanted to wear jeans.

Dee-It will probably seem warm to your sister, but it will be very cold to me. I'm sure Orlando will be much colder than it is here tomorrow. Our high is to be 63 and the low in the 30's.

Vicki-I'm so sorry that you had to go back and visit MIL. I know you feel about yours the same way I do about mine, the wicked witches that they are!!
Old 01-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #20  
Losing it!

I copied this from another board. Puts everything into persepective I think...

This was one of the subjects of my meeting this week. I think the following was what my leader said, but my numbers could be off slightly. Hopefully you will still get the message:

On January 1st . . . I began a journey and if I lost just one pound per week, then by

• Valentine’s Day I would be six pounds lighter.
• St. Patrick’s Day would find me eleven pounds lighter.
• On Easter Sunday, my new dress would need to fit my body that is fifteen pounds smaller than it is right now! Time for some new spring clothes too!
• I might spend Memorial Day remembering the twenty-one pounds I had already lost in 2006!
• Father’s Day would find me twenty-four pounds lighter.
• The Fourth of July Weekend would have me independent of twenty-six unwanted pounds.
• By Labor Day, I would realize it was not much labor to lose those thirty five pounds.
• Forty-Three pounds would be gone before Halloween rolled around.
• During Thanksgiving Weekend I would be sure to give thanks for the forty-seven pounds that were gone!
• That time between Thanksgiving and New Years always seems to fly by so fast. When New Years Eve would hit, I would hardly believe fifty-two pounds were gone, almost effortlessly.

One pound per week is not extreme. I could easily lose it or gain it. It's all up to me.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:15 PM   #21  
Janice

Well I did it. I went to the gym and joined today. I go for an assessment on Tuesday and then I can start. All the classes are included in the membership. I am going to start with the aquafit classes and some of the machines until I get a bit more strength and flexibility. I am very excited.
I have to go make supper so will check back later.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:23 PM   #22  
Losing it!

Shelley, I think it is wonderful how the school is helping out with little Robert and his family. Sometimes the caregivers are forgotten in the confusion, so I'm sure his aunt is appreciating everything you guys are doing. We had a Hospice client - his one concern was to make sure his family was provided for. We grouped together and had enough volunteers to provide 1-2 meals per day to the family. When we would go to the home you could just see the appreciation beaming from the eyes of his wife and even him, as ill as he was. You will be blessed for your act of kindness!!!!

Vickster, nice to see you stranger!! Don't get so busy with dear MIL you forget us!

Dee, I was going to ask how your weather was. We are having a very mild winter. Highs tomorrow are to be in the high 60's!! YIPPEEEEEEE!!!!! Christmas day it was 70 here! Never in my life have we ever had such a mild holiday! Concerns me on what to expect for the months of February & March though.
Old 01-06-2006, 05:25 PM   #23  
Losing it!

GREAT GOING JANICE! We were posting at the same time and I just now found your message. I hope you LOVE the classes! Hope to see more (or less :-) ) of you here on the board!!!!!
Old 01-06-2006, 05:52 PM   #24  
Losing it...again!

Gayle ~ Your look at losing weight over the year is a great movitvator and so true! A pound a week doesn't sound like much, but over time it really adds up!

Dee ~ Mmmm...a turkey dinner sounds sounds really good! Enjoy!

Vicki ~ I'm glad that you've been doing well...I hope you'll be around more now that the holidays are over.

Janice ~ Woohoo! Way to go...you're really on your way now!
Old 01-07-2006, 09:01 AM   #25  
Losing it!

Good morning Floozies! Up early this morning, couldn't sleep. so I decided to come visit my girlfriends!

Sher, I was thinking, the longer it takes you to get the results, then probably the better the results will be, huh? So, hopefully, no news is good news. You are in my prayers sweetie!

Dee, have you cut back on the exercising? Was the Christmas party fun? I don't know how you can make such amazing food and stay in control. I could easily weigh 500 pounds eating your wonderful cooking!

Shelley, are you having cold weather yet? I can package up a pair of snow boots & parka for you! I bet even with just a small temp change, you can really feel the cold since you guys usually have such warm weather.

Ramona, prayers continue to be sent. How is Dan? Is he coping ok? Did you take off from work or do you have someone that can stay with him? I love you sweetie and hope all works out like it should.

Suzy, I am sure your son will be amazed when he sees his hot mama! It is a real motivator to work towards. How tall are you? I'm a shorty at only 5'2"-5'3". It makes it difficult at work because the displays and stacks are designed by tall people! Thanks for the snack suggestion. The owner prefers no food in the store and when I am there, we are so busy with customers & stocking, I could never get a break anyways. I think the days I work with no lunch, I will nibble in the morning and then take a snack size bag of prepared popcorn to leave in the car and snack on as I'm coming home. Maybe then I won't be so hungry when I come through the door. Oh ya, remember how I just said the owner allows no food? Over the holidays, the driveup window table was loaded with fattening & non-healthy snacks! I resisted though!

Janice, I hope you enjoy the gym membership! Sometimes that is all it takes, to have a place to go and meet people with a common goal. Are you low carbing or counting calories? I really, really love the core plan once I figured it out! Since the 2nd, I have not had one single piece of junk food, everything has been core.

Doni, how is life treating you? Did Cat enjoy Christmas? How old is she now? I can't believe how fast the kids grow up! We have two on the board this year with graduating seniors!

Vickster, we miss you when your gone, please always check in just to let us know your around!!! Are you following a certain weightloss plan or just practicing healthy habits and portion control?

Cheryl, did you have a nice Christmas? BTW: it will be .39 instead of .37! Can you believe I'm such a ditz!!!

Okay, I KNOW I'm leaving someone out, if so I apologize!

I am on day 6 of the core plan, feeling good and confident at this point. I've had a few weak moments but decided if I am going to eat, to just eat core foods. So far working good. I have not used any points for the week either. As I go, I probably will use them for emergency purposes like unscheduled dinner invitations, etc. At this point, I think the further I stay away from using them, the better off I will be. I want to be more confident in my eating choices and get to the point were I have more self control with food.

Sending blessings your way to each of you! Wishing all of you a great weekend!

Love, Gayle
Old 01-07-2006, 02:42 PM   #26  
Losing it...again!

Gayle ~ It's a good idea to have a snack in the car for the drive home...hopefully that will help! I know I'd be starving by 2:00 even with eating breakfast!

I'm 5' 5", but hubby is 6' 4" and both boys are just over 6', so I'm the short one here!
Old 01-08-2006, 11:57 AM   #27  

Gayle-Good for you, staying OP. I had been eating shredded wheat cereal with soy milk for a night snack (way too much, of course) and yesterday got an attack of hives. I remembered sometimes wheat does that to me, so I have an unopened box that I am giving away. Shredded wheat is a red light item for me, so it's best that it happened. I had just finished the box I had and bought the new box. Probably got hives from eating too much of it. I earned 13 AP's today. I ran 13.5 miles, mainly because the 1/2 trail marathon that I ran in the last 2 years was today. I vowed last year never to run it again, but I still wanted to run the same miles. Good thing I didn't go to the race because I had to come home twice for potty breaks.

Janice-Enjoy the gym! It's so exciting to start a new plan of action. I have promised Becky that I will go take the Body Attack class at her gym the day she debutes it (Feb.4.) I may regret it, though! It is really hard core floor aerobics. Today she was able to wear a pair of jeans that she hadn't been able to get on for the last year. I'm sure it's from her practicing Body Attack many times per week.
Old 01-08-2006, 03:10 PM   #28  
Losing it!

Tell Becky congrats on teaching a class! I'm sure she will do awesome! Body attack sounds like a killer workout! Why did you choose not to run the marathon, Shelley? If I remember correctly, you completed it last year and did a great job too! I have some shredded wheat in the pantry, haven't ate it yet, I know it could be a trigger food for me. Allison loves it and has had it for breakfast the past week. I wondered if I could take the mini squares, spray with butter spray then toss in ranch seasoning and bake lightly for a fake snack mix? If it worked, I could still have my dairy by drinking a glass of skim milk along with it. Sorry you have a bad case of hives! OUCH!~
Old 01-08-2006, 03:12 PM   #29  
Losing it!

Shelley, BTW: Tried the core unstuffed cabbage recipe, fairly good...
today was the crockpot breakfast with hashbrowns, don't think I will be making that one again! The potatoes & eggs tend to cook up like mush...
Old 01-09-2006, 05:38 AM   #30  

Gayle-I need to get a new crockpot. I really need one with a timer. Everything I make turns out too mushy since it has to cook for 10 hr.
Closed Thread