Old 01-04-2006, 12:43 PM   #1  
GmaTo8

Arrow Jaded Ladies Bios

If you have read about the Jaded Ladies and think you would feel comfortable here, please cut and paste this bio sheet so we can get to know you better.

-->Please note that we will keep only the bios of those who post regularly. Also, all "welcome" posts will be deleted after a reasonable time.

Cut and paste the following form, filling in only the ones you are comfortable sharing:

Name ~

Age ~

Birthday ~

Occupation ~

General location ~

Height ~

How much weight are you trying to lose ~

What type program are you following ~

What's your marital status ~

Any children and grandchildren ~

Tell us about your pets ~

What are your hobbies and interests ~

What are some of your favorite movies ~

Favorite music ~

What made you decide to join the Jaded Ladies ~

Other comments ~

Jane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 12:56 PM   #2  
GmaTo8

Updated 1/19/08
Name ~ Jane

Age ~ 54

Birthday ~ 9/11 - (sound familiar?)

Occupation ~ domestic goddess and grandma deluxe

General location ~ southern Indiana

Height ~ 5'9"

How much weight are you trying to lose ~ after regaining lots of what I'd lost with WW, I'm just trying to take off 1 pound at at time.

What type program are you following ~ Weight Watchers and the teachings of Dr. Oz.

What's your marital status ~ married to Neal.

Any children and grandchildren ~ 3 grown kids, 5 sweet granddaughters, and one handsome DGS. Don't get me started on my grandkids! I love them so much, and find everything they do fascinating.

Tell us about your pets ~ Just one dog now - Molly who is a mix from the pound.

What are your hobbies and interests ~ my family, Walt Disney World, having fun with the grandkids, scrapbooking, reading, and coming here.

What are some of your favorite movies ~ Big; Gone with the Wind; Titanic; Planes, Trains and Automobiles; just about all Disney movies.

Favorite music ~ oldies, country, classical, just about anything but rap and jazz.

What made you decide to join the "Jaded Ladies" ~ I am one of the founding members, and had the privilege of coining the name. I stay because the women here have become like sisters to me. When they're happy, I'm happy. When they have problems, I hurt with them.

Other comments ~ I love you guys!

Last edited by Jane; 01-19-2008 at 10:07 PM.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:33 PM   #3  
Give me strength

S/C/G: 299/261/250

Name ~Angelia
Age ~37

Birthday ~Sept 11

Occupation ~Receptionist

General location ~Canada

Height ~5'6

How much weight are you trying to lose ~baby steps, 34 lbs but the whole picture is 104 lbs

What type program are you following ~Carb watching

What's your marital status ~married

Any children and grandchildren ~2 boys, 18 and 13

Tell us about your pets ~1 small bossy dog

What are your hobbies and interests ~reading, movies and painting

What are some of your favorite movies ~finding nemo, shrek,

Favorite music ~pretty much everything

What made you decide to join the Jaded Ladies ~Jane, found me floundering in another site,,,

Other comments ~This is a new beginning,,,
I have spent many years taking care of others, now its me first, next you *is that how it goes Jane?

Last edited by da fat n da furious; 03-03-2007 at 12:02 PM.
da fat n da furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 03:37 PM   #4  

Height: 5'1"

Talking All about Marti

Name ~Marti,

Age ~37

Birthday ~January 19th

Occupation ~Reference resulter.

General location ~Oregon

Height ~5'1"

How much weight are you trying to lose ~20-25lbs

What type program are you following ~Counting calories and exercising more. Keeping the portions to where they should be.

What's your marital status ~Happily married to a wonderful man!

Any children and grandchildren ~Beautiful daughter, 14yrs.

Tell us about your pets ~2 Chihuahua's.

What are your hobbies and interests ~Reading and geo-cacheing!

What are some of your favorite movies ~Too many to list anymore!

Favorite music ~Nothing in particular. I love a variety.

What made you decide to join the Jaded Ladies ~Wonderful group of ladies. Always there for each other....wanted to be a part of that.

Other comments~So glad to have all your friendships!! You all mean the world to me! You are my family!

Last edited by Marti; 06-18-2008 at 11:20 AM.
Marti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 10:58 PM   #5  
a work in progress

Name ~ Mary Katherine (friends usually call me Mary, some of the family calls me Mary Katherine, some call me Mary Kate)

Age ~ 42

Birthday ~ 9/24

Occupation ~ customer service rep, call center (I feel your pain, Angie)

General location ~ Northern CA

Height ~ 5' 10" (although I think I may have shrunk an inch)

How much weight are you trying to lose ~ have lost 25 lbs, want to lose 90 more, then will re-assess

What type program are you following ~ WW, slowly but surely

What's your marital status ~ married, second time around, for almost 6 years

Any children ~ 3 boys -- 22, 19, and 14

Tell us about your pets ~ orange outdoor kitty, Leif; black and white spoiled brat indoor kitty, Chloe

What are your hobbies and interests ~ travel, photography, scrapbooking, cooking -- especially revamping recipes to make them more WW friendly -- reading, and writing

What are some of your favorite movies ~ oh my...don't get me started...Young Frankenstein, Yellowbeard, Princess Bride, the original 3 Star Wars movies (the newer ones are ok), Little Mermaid, Aladdin, Beauty and the Beast, Napoleon Dynamite, Pirates of the Carribean, Chocolat, Groundhog Day, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, Camelot, Fiddler on the Roof...give me a minute, I'll think of a few others...

Favorite music ~ Classic 60's-70's rock (Beatles, Zeppelin, Kansas, Rush), NIN, Barenaked Ladies, classical (especially Mozart and Bach), Celtic (newer stuff, and more traditional Irish session music), guess it depends on my mood

What made you decide to join the Jaded Ladies ~ was intrigued by the name, and felt like it was where I best fit in. I stayed because I love these gals...we are like family.

Other comments ~ My hero is the tortoise -- slow and steady wins the race. And heaven knows I'm built for comfort, not for speed.
Katiecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 12:51 AM   #6  
I can dream, can't I?

Height: 5'5"

Name ~ Sue

Age ~ 57 (the grandma of all here)

Birthday ~ 10/7

Occupation ~ SAHW of a retiree

General location ~ IN in the summer NV in the winter

Height ~ 5'5"

How much weight are you trying to lose ~ 30 would be lovely...I will settle for 15 right now

What type program are you following ~ just trying to get started on anything that works

What's your marital status ~ 29 years married for the second time around.

Any children and grandchildren ~ I have 2 DD's and 1 DS, I stepS, 4 "grands" and 4 step "grands"

Tell us about your pets ~ none

What are your hobbies and interests ~ traveling, reading, some crafts, family time, reading, and more reading

What are some of your favorite movies ~ wow..lots! When Harry Met Sally, The Sting, Footloose (really), You've Got Mail, Beaches, and on and on. Mostly oldie ones...

Favorite music ~ I like oldies here too, and country, and old country. Garth Brooks, Faith &Tim, Reba, Johnny Cash, Rod Stewart, Jimmy Buffet, Elton John.......

What made you decide to join the Jaded Ladies ~ I was just cruising around 3fc and happened in here. Everyone made me feel welcome. Some places (not 3fc) I had posted got pretty crabby if you didn't post every day, can you imagine? Here I feel loved rather I am here daily or weekily...I mean really, sometimes life does get hectic.

Other comments ~ I may not be able to stick with a program, and I may try and fail many times. No one here has ever made me feel like a failure. You are a great group.
suetalks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 12:46 AM   #7  
~Believe~

S/C/G: XXX/-155/140

Height: 5'3

Cool Sassy_Chick's Bio

Name ~Brat, Sassy, Shel

Age ~33

Birthday ~9/24/1974

Occupation ~Callcenter Agent, nightshift, long hours.......

General location ~South Western, OH

Height ~5'4"

How much weight are you trying to lose ~150 lbs

What type program are you following ~Watching what I eat, portion control

What's your marital status ~Happily Married

Any children and grandchildren ~none as of yet, I have PCOS, but tryin'

Tell us about your pets ~One very spoiled rotten cat, Baxter and one in Heaven now, my Puddy passed away in March of 07'

What are your hobbies and interests ~movies, listening to music, writing, reading, shopping, walking outdoors (when I get too), dancing (haven't in a LONG time though), making new friends, chatting online, travelling when I can.

What are some of your favorite movies ~Chocolat', Steel Magnolias, Coyote Ugly, Save the Last Dance, Harry Potter movies, You've Got Mail, Where the Heart is, Mystic Pizza, Horror movies,etc, etc........

Favorite music ~ Hinder, Disturbed, Nickelback, Carrie Underwood, 80's and Big Hair Bands, 90's, & Kenny Chesney

What made you decide to join the Jaded Ladies ~I believe Jane invited me.

Other comments ~I love this site and everybody here is wonderful!

I've been with the Jaded Ladies a while now and I've got to say they are a Wonderful Bunch of Ladies! I am just updating my bio!

Last edited by Sassy_Chick; 11-10-2007 at 07:13 AM. Reason: Needed an update......Again. lol!
Sassy_Chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2007, 08:01 PM   #8  
I work with germs!!

Height: 5'2"

Name ~ Tammy

Age ~50

Birthday ~December 2

Occupation ~ Pediatric RN

General location ~Central Maryland

Height ~ 5'2"

How much weight are you trying to lose ~20

What type program are you following ~Weight Watchers

What's your marital status ~ Remarried for 9 years

Any children and grandchildren ~ 20 yr daughter in college and 21 yr son in the Coast Guard, 22 yr step-daughter in Grad School

Tell us about your pets ~Bischon-Poo we call Cody and a Yorkie-Schnauzer, Oliver

What are your hobbies and interests ~ Line dancing, music, sewing, reading

What are some of your favorite movies ~ Any romantic comedy. Suspense thrillers. All the "Tug-at-your-heart-real-life-tearjerker" movies. Although I can really act like I enjoy an occasional violent guy flick to support my dh. Then again I love TV's 24 so I guess a little violence is not so bad after all!!

Favorite music ~ Country

What made you decide to join the Jaded Ladies ~ After reading your post, I really loved the encouragment and support your gave each other. You all genuinely care about each other's interest in every day events including their personal weightloss journey.

Other comments ~ I lost 30 lbs the summer of 2005 and treated myself to a Tummy Tuck. I believe that I got a little too confident (and lazy) and quickly packed on 15 lbs this past summer/fall. The weight was not going to my tummy but porked up my arms, face, neck, upper abs etc. My pants were still fitting!!! I had wonderful support on a tummy tuck forum while I was fresh from sugery and miss those late nights on the message boards. I am so looking forward to meeting you all!!

Last edited by sz2atheart; 01-21-2008 at 10:50 AM.
sz2atheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2007, 12:07 AM   #9  
starting over again......

S/C/G: 261.4/261.4/200

Height: 5'4"

Name ~ Mindee

Age ~ 25

Birthday ~ 8-17

Occupation ~ home maker/stay at home mom

General location ~ MI

Height ~ 5'4"

How much weight are you trying to lose ~ the rest of the weight that crept on without me catching it!

What type program are you following ~ none right now, but I will be watching what I eat and exercising regularly.

What's your marital status ~ married, coming up on 6 years!

Any children and grandchildren ~ two sons, Brandon and Logan, who are 18 months apart, and then Marissa, who is 4 days shy of being 18 months apart with Logan but three years and a day apart with Brandon

Tell us about your pets ~ we have a kitty cat named Miss Priss. She is a Hemingway Polydactyl.

What are your hobbies and interests ~ photography, spending time with my family

What are some of your favorite movies ~ grease

Favorite music ~ pretty much anything now

What made you decide to join the Jaded Ladies ~ I first joined on here after I had my oldest son, and I formed some strong friendships so I keep coming back!

Other comments ~ I come from a HUGE family.....don't believe me....just ask and I will give you the website address!

Last edited by tommysgirl18; 01-20-2008 at 03:06 AM.
tommysgirl18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2007, 01:58 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Talking Newbie Introduction

Name ~ Trish

Age ~ 64

Birthday ~ 8-22-43

Occupation ~ Housewife/Retired?

General location ~ SC

Height ~ 5'2"

How much weight are you trying to lose ~ about 80 - 85 lbs

What type program are you following ~ WW Flex Plan

What's your marital status ~ Married to Tony

Any children and grandchildren ~ 5 children/6 grandchildren/2 great-grandaughters

Tell us about your pets ~ None at this time

What are your hobbies and interests ~
Reading/PC games/Spending time with Tony

What are some of your favorite movies ~
DH is movie buff and we watch ay least one ever night, but It's A Wonderful Life, Sound of Music... love Romance and some Sci-Fi like Star Wars types not scary ones.

Favorite music ~ I love all kinds of music such as Classical, Gospel. Oldies from 50s & 60s, but not heavy medal or rap,

What made you decide to join the Jaded Ladies ~
I have struggled with weight since my 20's. I get weary with it and tired of trying some times. I've come close to goal weight many times the last time I lost down to 175 and then gained to within about 40 lbs of my all time high. I've always been basically healthy regardless, but now have some health issues that losing weight would help and/or correct. Nothing serious, but could be and and I don't want it to be. Therefore I think I would fit in here.

Other comments ~
I have known for a long time that I need to lose the weight, however recently I can feel some changes in my body that says it is time to get serious about doing it. I have just started back on WW at Home program and keeping it simple. I don't like going to meetings and they are so expensive. I am committed to making it to goal no matter how long it takes me (always been a "do it fast" kind of person). I realize that is unrealistic. I hope to be able to give and receive support here. Thanks, Trish

Last edited by pattygirl63; 04-27-2008 at 04:08 PM. Reason: Oops... Sorry Birthdate correction
pattygirl63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 12:15 PM   #11  

Height: 5'5"

Name ~ Ellen

Age ~ 28**for another two weeks at least

Birthday ~ January 25

Occupation ~ stay at home mom

General location ~ Illinois

Height ~ 5 feet 5 inches

How much weight are you trying to lose ~ short term:10 pounds Long term:80 pounds I will reassess as we go along

What type program are you following ~ I Am currently counting calories and watching portion sizes. I am also going to the gym 3 times a week. I took a bold step and set some time up with a trainer so keep your fingers crossed!

What's your marital status ~ Married to Chris for 6yrs

Any children and grandchildren ~ Benjamin 7yo, Veronica 5yo and Cecilia 4yo

Tell us about your pets ~ None yet, but we have been thinking about getting a dog.

What are your hobbies and interests ~ I love to read! I also knit, play online games and chat with friends.In the summer I play baseball, go swimming and take walks around the neighborhood.

What are some of your favorite movies ~ I like all kinds of music. Some recent ones I have seen: Knocked Up,The Darwin Awards, Ratatouille and of course we have seen the Pirates movies

Favorite music ~ Again I am not very picky, but I don't like rap and the screaming heavy metal

What made you decide to join the Jaded Ladies ~ My other group went defunct, and the ladies here are very supportive in a loving way

Other comments ~ I have been trying to lose this weight for three years now, some more successful than most. I am hoping that this time with the right tools I will be able to make a dent in all this extra weight
upswife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 06:17 PM   #12  

S/C/G: 254/ticker/140

Default Pandora

Name ~ Pandora

Age ~ 55

Birthday ~ July 8

Occupation ~ ED of a child welfare agency

General location ~ Chicago

Height ~ 5'4"

How much weight are you trying to lose ~ Taking it one step at a time, for right now 25 lbs

What type program are you following ~ portion control, no specific diet

What's your marital status ~ married

Any children and grandchildren ~ 1 stepson (but he is my kid)

What are your hobbies and interests ~ travel, reading, needlepoint, cooking, games

Favorite music ~ I like oldies and classical, folk

What made you decide to join the Jaded Ladies ~ I'm looking for a support group in this process
Pandora123a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 04:05 AM   #13  

Name ~ Kate

Age ~ 22

Birthday ~ August 24

Occupation ~ Stay-at-home mom/student

General location ~ Louisiana

Height ~ 5' 2"

How much weight are you trying to lose ~ 10lb.short-term, 30ish long-term

What type program are you following ~ I have no idea! Right now just trying to eat better and exercise.

What's your marital status ~ Married!

Any children and grandchildren ~ I have a 16 month old little boy who runs around and eats everything! He's tiny for his age though.

Tell us about your pets ~ 2 crazy puppies. Zelda (who happens to be a boy haha) who I adopted from the pound and he was abused before so he's a handful. And a new edition, Ava. She's very sweet.

What are your hobbies and interests ~ I love to dance, get online, hang out with the family. I love going out to eat, which doesn't always help the weight loss. I LOVE to cook.

What are some of your favorite movies ~ Hmmm. I like many. From Mean Girls to Runaway Jury.

Favorite music ~ I listen to many things. Rock, pop, classical...

What made you decide to join the Jaded Ladies ~ This has always seemed like a very welcoming group of ladies.

Other comments ~ Hope to get to know you all! Sometimes I don't post a lot though, I get shy for some odd reason.
katenicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:29 PM   #14  

Name ~ Ruth

Age ~ 49

Birthday ~9/19/1958

Occupation ~accountant (kinda...I have an accounting degree that I earned in 2005...but due to tons of stress with the death of my father and my husband having a small heart attack six weeks later all within 2 months of my graduation, I turned down a position with a CPA firm and chose a well paying position in the accounting department of an insurance company...I went for less stress)

General location ~Louisiana

Height ~5'1"

How much weight are you trying to lose ~ 48 more pounds

What type program are you following ~WW

What's your marital status ~ married 24 years in November

Any children and grandchildren ~ 3 daughters: Chasity, Angela & Misty...9 grandchildren: Nicholas 15, Caylin 9, Aliyah 7, Dylan 6, Brittany 5, Elijah 5, Lindsay 2, Ty 3, Tiffany 7 months.

Tell us about your pets ~ Hank 1 1/2 year old shih tzu, Ms. Kitty (2 year old stray) and Chommy ( 1 1/2 year old male cat)

What are your hobbies and interests ~ genealogy, music, reading

What are some of your favorite movies ~ love romance comedies and drama

Favorite music ~ listen to almost everything...my cd collection ranges from Hank Williams, Bon Jovi, Kid Rock, Blackeyed Peas, Daughtry, even some gospel! So my collection is real diverse.

What made you decide to join the Jaded Ladies ~ Along with Jane, I am one of the founding members of Jaded Ladies...our thread was originally called Featherweights and I believe we changed it due to lack of participation. Jane has done a great job of keeping it going.

Other comments ~ Here to help motivate and to be inspired to keep going with my weight loss journey.

Last edited by short & sassy; 04-23-2008 at 10:01 PM.
short & sassy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2008, 09:39 PM   #15  
GmaTo8

YAY, & Wecome Back, Ruth!

Ruth - We changed the name Featherweights after Chicken Lady left, because people thought we needed to lose only a few pounds with a named like that, remember? Ha! I still need to lose a bunch.