3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups

Back To School Support Group!

Old 02-14-2006, 04:47 PM   #76

S/C/G: xmas start wt: 156

Eat Less and Move More. That's the object of the game. I don't agonize over every treat either as long as I know 95% of the time I'm doing well. It's a matter of knowing your limitations and if you have the personality to handle it. My husband gave me a bag of chocolates a week ago. I gave myself permission to have 1 serving (9 chocolate hugs) every day. That's 200 calories, but 200 calories, I build into what I'm already eating and I love it. It boggles people when I say I treat myself to an ice cream sandwhich at night. I know how it fits into my diet, and I allow myself to have it. It's the gorging or repetition or eating past when you are full or satisfied that really gets to a person. Also making wrong choices most of the time will get you there. If you make right choices most of the time, the wrong ones aren't really wrong, but controlled.
Old 02-14-2006, 09:09 PM   #77
Want them Muscles!

S/C/G: 135/129/120

Great going mIggles!

DefnatlySmart--Grreat post I really got me thinking!!!!

I went to the gym today did weigths for 40 mins then 20 mins of cardio.

Had a bit of a tiff with the BF about who will be coming to a house warming party...we are allowing singnificant others to join. However, a friend who was dating one of my other friends (for 4 years) will be coming. These two people are now separated. She has a new boyfriend, he does not, but has been dating. My BF does not want My friend to bring her new boyfriend so as to not "hurt" her old boyfriend's feelings or make the situation uncomfortable. I say they are all grown ups and can deal with it. Why should we have to disregard this new boyfriend?-- now no invites have been given to anyone yet, but I am at the point that I don't want to invite anysignificant others at all.
What do you think?

Be a HERO--donate bone marrow, save a life!!!
fitgal2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 08:34 PM   #78
Not so starving artist

Ooh grown ups acting like big children. The joy! I agree - they should let it go! Happily houses have many rooms so if they dont feel comfortable, they can always go to the next. Maybe you could ask both your friend and her ex how they would feel - i mean they could be fine with it right? I mean they've both been dating other people and stuff like that happens - you bump awkwardly into someone you used to know Besides. This is your house :P Its about you guys not them! lol!

And thanks Deafinly smart! You kinda said what ive been thinking for a while right there. We can deffinatly treat ourselves as long as we know it fits and we know we've been doing well over all! Good stuff!!

Good grief. I really need a holiday! >.< *chuckles* i seem to be having a complete life upheaval right now! Or it's pending at least. Im really looking to change my diet and entire lifestyle a lot to help manage stress - ive never realised until now what a high stress person i am, and everyone i ask seems to agree without hesitation 0_o Why didnt they say anything sooner! *laughs* Im actually comtemplating going for a massage sometime to see if it helps... I have half a week or so off school for work week, but i still have some work to catch up on, but maybe it'll be a little holiday still. So what did you girls do for Valentines day? anything nice? i did homework. LOL!
Old 02-15-2006, 08:47 PM   #79
Not so starving artist

Oh yea! I also wanted to ask you two about exercise! Im still not doing a lot (10-15 minute quick walk with my heavy back back twice a day, and thats about it!) There are lots of stairs at my school which i have to use to get to class, so thats good. But im really having trouble finding something i can fit into my day thats convenient (meaning i can do it anywhere), and also something thats fun that i'll keep up! I mean, i dropped and did some situps and push ups in the empty lounge one day.. but the floor is nasty I might try again though - we have 15 minute breaks in each class... So.. any ideas? im fresh out of excuses
Old 02-15-2006, 09:22 PM   #80

Wear a pedometer from the time you get up. Aim for 10k for being active and 15k for weightloss. It makes you conscious of how much you sit all day. Get up and move when you can. Seriously. I love it. Log it. Buy a resistance band rope (whatever it is called). While you are watching tv, put it under your foot and use your hands to pull on it like a rubber band. Great resistance/strength training. Stability balls are great too. Record your professor (lucky, I can't do that) and sit on your stability ball and do yoga moves while listening to the tape. Don't eat out as much..lol. Find something fun to do. Take a fun but active community ed class. Ask for someone to come for a study date and tell them you are tired of sitting around in a class. Take index card notes and walk around the block while studying with your study buddy.

P.S. A lot depends on how long it has been. How raw the other person's feelings are. It's nice to respect them. Ultimately you could inform the other person that their ex will be bringing someone and let them make the decision. It's your party, not theirs.
Old 02-18-2006, 12:10 PM   #81
Not so starving artist

Ha! You know, you're right. I still eat out a heck of a lot. Thanks for catching me on that Sometimes i forget to think. You had some good ideas there Deafinly Smart, but, sadly some of em cant apply to me. *chuckles* Of course i'll try and improvise and make them work! lol! I dont watch tv (which is ironic seeing as im in the industry)! Also, there arnt any lectures at school really - its all hands on! They'll show you how to construct something, and then you do it! Many times! *laughs* I should really update my live journal and show you some of my art sometime Its a shame most of it is unfinished!

Well, update with my stomach junk! Appearantly its just something im going to have to live with. What it is is a very mild form of Colitis (which would really suck). Its basically inflammation of the large intestine (in my case, just the lowest part)without rhyme or reason. Geh. So yea i asked if there was anything diet wise i could change, and he said eat more fiber. Okay i said! And i ate another bran muffin. So, crisis is over(i guess). Im kind of angry they couldnt tell me WHY i have it and if theres more i can do about it. Im also kind of angry they're not even doing a follow up to see if ive gotten rid of these amoebas! I think its unprofessional- prescribing something and not even finding out if it works. Canada healthcare needs help. Yea, its free. But give me a break!

Anyway! My family is trying to cut back on the heating bill, so i decided to be innovative. (You gave me this idea DS!) I was freezing this morning, and 100 jumping jacks later i am very out of breath, and much warmer! Horray!!! Cardio is probably my weakest point - seeing as how ive been very inactive for a long time! I dunno its just such an unpleasant feeling, being out of breath, so i guess i try to avoid it. But hopefully i'll change that! I've started logging how much water i drink (again, ive been trying to drink a liter a day, and now im going to mark it off and see if i can add more challenges as i go - say, every 21 days). Since ive been doing the water thing for a while, im going to log both water, and jumping jacks, and see if i can up the anti later on! yay living! I have to say i enjoy it, despite the ups and downs! I hope everyones doing well!
Old 02-21-2006, 01:56 PM   #82
Not so starving artist

RAWG! Back up to 131... No biggie though.. I think a bit of it could actually be muscle! lol! Ive been doing jumping 100 or 200 jumping jacks every day which makes me feel pretty good! I mean its better than nothing 0_o Ive been doing LOTS of walking (even went for a jog with my boyfriend - we were only jogging cause it was flippin cold out and we were actually on our way to get groceries ).And ive been logging my water and doing well with it! My skin is looking fan-freaking-tastic. Honest to goodness, it doesnt get much better than this! *laughs* i feel like a model! except real! there've been some flyers in the mail for some gyms around here that have been mocking me, but i dont have enough time to commit to it. Maybe during the summer! So much i want to do -_- so little time. Feeling pretty optimistic right now! I have a huge pile of work but bits slowly (re: SLOWLY) getting done. I think i should be on track for next week, when its back to a normal school week again. So there we go! Whats new!
Old 02-21-2006, 09:28 PM   #83
Want them Muscles!

Go Miggles!!!

Sorry I am not aroun as much, I have been trying to get the new place some what liveable. I was feeling guilty about not making it to the gym then I realized the carrying thing up 2 flights of stairs all day is good enough! My eating has SUCKED TUSHY this week...oh well! next week will be better!

Old 02-23-2006, 03:22 PM   #84
Not so starving artist

So holy cow! Have you already moved?! That happend fast 0_o How big is the new place anyway?

Well! I had a really nice anniversary with mah lovely french man!! We met up for brunch, (and i indulged! Crepes with maple syrup, whipped cream and strawberry compote (aka SQUISH!). Then we walked for an hour and a bit, browsed a couple used book stores for art books (we both got a normal rockwell book and i got a da vinci book) And then we went skating! Oh. My. God. My ankles are so weak. *chuckles* I could only skate around the rink once and id have to sit down for a minute.. The skates were just killing me! Anyways ive vowed to buy my own pair of skates and practice! I really suprised my muscles dont hurt today though! Anyway after that we had indian food, and went back to his appartment and drew from the hockey game. Nerdy perhaps. no.. deffinatly. I cant beleive theres only a month and a bit left of school for me. Its going to make my brain implode! I found out my body fat percentage is 25. *sigh* still 130! Not much doin'. Anyway ive had some form of exercise every day for the past week, so thats good at least! Why is being healthy so dang hard! >.<
Old 02-24-2006, 05:57 PM   #85
Not so starving artist

Flippin awesome!!! I just found a rediculously good website, which also happens to be rediculously free! Its basically a diet plan, exercise plan, food log, etc. etc. blah blah and it gives you the exercises you can do with demos, and im so excited i could wee myself. *chuckles* anyways I cant post links as per forum rules, but its called Spark People. (by the way the first time i tried to post this, it blanked out the name of the site.. so i apologize to the moderator in advance if im doing something wrong). But yes, never have i been so excited that ive actually read and done the exercises right after. Yay me! Anyways google it ladies! It could just be the best thing to happen to me since the art was invented!
On another note, i think ive worried myself into having an ulcer (ironically over my other stomach problem). I have an appointment to get checked out on monday! Yea... maybe exercise will be that stress releasing thing i need ssooooooooooooooo very badly. Cheery bye for now!
Old 02-24-2006, 07:54 PM   #86

I don't get much excercise in the traditional sense but I do move around a lot at school. On tuesday I went manic and logged 17,000 steps at work. Unfortunately that means I've crashed this week. I saw the doc today. I just have to wait it out.Sucks.
DeafinlySmart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 08:05 PM   #87

S/C/G: 407/392/175

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone. My name's Kayley, and I'm 19 years old...and currently in my second semester. I'm a law major I started this journey at 350 whopping pounds on December 12th, 2005. I started the South Beach Diet, and then began regular cardio around the middle-end of January. I've currently lost 40 pounds, as of last weigh in, and I want to be at 200 pounds by my 21st birthday in June of 2007. Great to meet more people around my age.

kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 10:21 PM   #88
Want them Muscles!

Kayley-
Welcome!!! and congrats on the 40 pounds GONE FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thats big!!!! good work!!! keep it up
you will like it here, were are a friendly bunch, and miggles is hilarious! Always make me smile! so welcome and feel free to share whatever is on you mind if it will help you though the process!!!

Old 02-25-2006, 12:23 PM   #89
Not so starving artist

OOO! New person! Horray!!!
G'day miss Kayley, and welcome to the gang! And good job! 0_o 40 lbs is the size of a large pet, and here i've been struggling with the last 15 for ever! Really good stuff!! I think you'll reach your goal for next year!

So what's your biggest challenge being in school and trying to lose weight? My challenges are mainly getting enough exercise when im not doing homework, eating well at school. Im on reading week right now, but i intend to start cracking down and packing lunches! Keeping food in the house is also a pain, because im hardly ever there!

On another note, I just found out that there was a 4.5 scale earth quake that i totally didnt feel. 0_o Wish i remember what i was doing. *chuckles* Its impressive how little i notice things! I mean, i slept through a 6 fire truck fire a few houses away! GAH! Unshakable!
Old 02-25-2006, 12:33 PM   #90

S/C/G: 407/392/175

Height: 5'5

Thank you both!!! Actually, right now, it's just about getting in the exercise everyday. I've been doing well this week, and got 5 days straight (including today). I'm going to a community college for my first 2 years, so I'm living at home, which makes it a LOT easier, as Mom/Stepdad are helping me out a lot. Buying groceries and whatnot, as they support me to the fullest. I work at a nursing home for Alzheimer's patients at the moment, and they only give me FOUR DAYS a MONTH...ugh. Luckily, I'm going for an interview with another place (assisted living) here on Monday. Need more cash to get workout dvds, as I've been doing "Dance off the Inches" for about a month and a half now...along with the treadmill....I think that's enough boring info for ya!

I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, too...when I stay at my B/F's house, he has one heck of a time getting me up. I'm dead to the world once I pass out.

kayleystar is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.