Old 01-11-2006, 03:44 PM   #46  
One life, live it well

S/C/G: 304|ticker|160

Height: 5'6½

Anyone here today?
Nori71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 03:55 PM   #47  

Default Can I play too?!

I just signed up a few minutes ago basically. I really need to have someone to account to. I moved to southern Calif. and left eveyone I know and love behind. Except my husband and kids, of course. One of my older kids is getting married in a year and I really need to do something as I feel like I would embarrass her eventhough she says I don't. So any way, I would appreciate any help and encouragement. I have tried just about every diet out there and have lost 20 lbs by going to T.O.P.S. I regained 10 lbs during the holidays otherwise it would have been 30! Now I could kick myself.

Lill
Lill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 05:25 PM   #48  
One life, live it well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lill
I regained 10 lbs during the holidays otherwise it would have been 30! Now I could kick myself.

Lill
Hi Lill! Welcome! I know so well about those disgusted feelings we get after letting go...but it's in the past and someday we WILL learn from our mistakes and being/eating healthy will become more natural for us instead of giving into cravings and urges. I have 2 young daughters (2y and 9m) and I do not want to be the 'fat mom' that they are embarrassed of or who cannot be active with them. (Although as we get older those ideas change...so I believe your daughter when she says that you don't embarrass her.)
Old 01-11-2006, 08:24 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 267/see ticker/150

Height: 5'2"

Welcome, welcome to all newcomers here!!!!! I was naughty today in 2 ways, I stepped on the scale ( I am only trying to check my weight once per week), and I munched out on "bad for me stuff" and not even in moderation!!! *slaps wrist* I DID however get up and do my Day 9 of working out in the morning!!! Yeah for me! I only hope I can stop the mindless binging at work! ( there is always so much food there! And of course, none of it is good for you!)But, I WILL keep on keeping on!!!!!! only a couple more days to go for this week of working out!!!!! Wooooohoooooo!
luckyducky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 09:48 PM   #50  

I TOO NEED TO LOSE A LOT OF WEIGHT. WE CAN DO THIS. I WILL DO THIS.
MY HUSBAND AND I GO TO THE Y TOGETHER BUT GOT AWAY FROM IT AROUND CHRISTMAS. I JUST NEED LOTS OF ENCOURAGEMENT. i'VE TRIED EVERYTHING. I WILL DO THIS 1 DAY AT A TIME.
IWILLDOTHIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2006, 08:18 PM   #51  
One life, live it well

Hi everyone!

IWILLDOTHIS - Welcome! 1 day at a time...that's how we'll do it.

LuckyDucky - I remember when I worked (now I'm a SAHM) all the junk that would just be laying around all frickin' day. I worked in a Pediatric office so Drug Reps were bringing "snacks" - mostly junk food, chocolate and lattes almost every day. It was hard. Do you have someone you can buddy up with at work? That helped.

I went ahead and weighed in this morning since it's been a week now since I started. I worked out everyday so far and lost 4 pounds. I'm actually switching to weighing in on Mondays, so that way I cannot fudge up on the weekends without it showing up!
Old 01-12-2006, 10:33 PM   #52  

well, this mom got to stay home today, WITH PINK EYE no less!!!!!! I did get up and do my WATP 1 mile and Tonin Downtown with RS! That was before I noticed that I wouldn't be going to work today I am happy to have gotten my exercise in though!!!! It IS hard at work, mostly because of the people I work with, most of them are very unhappy, and I find myself binging and eating emotionally because of the upset and frustration I feel from there, I WISH" there was someon at work I could trust who would understand.... This is why I am delighted to have found this site!! I WANT to post on here to tell the world YES!!! I am changing!!!! You folks are my accountability, 1. because I HAVE to have someone or something to be accountable to, and 2. you can understand the joy of small triumphs 3. I might be able to motivate someone else to get up and move! Doesn't have to much, just to make a small difference in someone's life means so much! Hence, if y'all don't mind I will continue to let you know of my 21 day "make it a habit" adventure!
Old 01-12-2006, 11:28 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

Hey gang,

My goal is about 120. I think I have done well lately. I am trying to keep y calories between 1200 and 1500. I have gone over 1 day (about 1700) otherwise I am doing well.

I stocked my office with helathy alternatives to the typically junk which can be found through the office. I also have been doing really good about taking in my lunch and not just picking up something quick (and typically high in fat and calories).

Hope everyone is doing well.

E
ejb180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 11:39 AM   #54  
One life, live it well

LuckyDucky - hope your dc gets over pink eye soon. Ick. Sounds like you are doing great!!! Are you tracking your progress? I cannot see tickers.

Hi Erin - You're doing fantastic as well! Congrats! I think having 1 day a week a little higher calories actually helps me loose? Thoughts, anyone? BTW - how tall are you? I put 160 as my goal here, but when it comes down to it, it might be a little less actually - like 150-155. I'm 5'7".

So, I woke up early this morning before my 2 DDdid and I'm all ready to get them dressed and go to the gym. Olivia just turned 2 in November and she LOVES going to "Pay" (play) at the gym while I work out. Melina in 9 months and she's easy to tote around aywhere still!

Have a good day, ladies!
Old 01-13-2006, 08:40 PM   #55  

Thanks for asking Momto2, I don't have any ticker yet, I am kinda computer illiterate, and haven't teken the time to find out how to put one up. That said, I am all better from the pink eye, but, today, I have lony don'e 1 mile WATP .... so far... I havn'et decided if I am motivated enough to do something else this evening.... I think I need some motivation RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!
Old 01-14-2006, 01:37 PM   #56  
One life, live it well

This thread seems to be grinding down. Hope everyone has just found their little niche. It was hard for me the first few days to find my way around here. I've been handing out in the 100 lb. club - http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=55 - and it's been a good fit for me. I'm off to the gym now. Yesterdays workout kinda flopped. After only 30 minutes I was called into the kid's room. My 2 year old needed to use the bathroom and when my 9 month old saw me she had a melt-down. So I left... Gotta make up for it today.
Old 01-15-2006, 12:09 AM   #57  

I too, have slacked off the past 2 days, no time! I have been staying up too late at night (like now...) and not able to get the hour workout in... I still am committed to my 21 day "make it a habit" thing though, and I have done WATP 1 mile each day anyway... So yeah for me!!! I hope you all are still staying successful with whatever your goal is also!
Old 01-15-2006, 06:09 AM   #58  

S/C/G: 301/280/175

[QUOTE=MomTo2SweetPeas]

Hi Erin - You're doing fantastic as well! Congrats! I think having 1 day a week a little higher calories actually helps me loose? Thoughts, anyone? BTW - how tall are you? I put 160 as my goal here, but when it comes down to it, it might be a little less actually - like 150-155. I'm 5'7".
QUOTE]

I am 5'7 as well. 180 is my end of year goal. I think once I meet that I will start another goal of 150. One reason the 180 goal is in my head, I think is I honestly can not remember the last time I was under 200 - it would probably be in the middle school. In college when I lost weight I believe the losest I got was 205.

I hope everyone else is doing well. There has been a lot going on this weekend, but I was able to squeeze in some exercise. I also putsoe exercise dvds on my netflix list so hopefully that will getmy going a bit more (trying the new tapes).

I did get a bit moreincentive this weekend - the date of one of three wedding we will have to attend this year - it is in July and in Florida. So I think that will keep me on track.

Take care & good luck gang - Erin
ejb180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 12:22 PM   #59  
One life, live it well

Hi Erin - Weddings do work as incentive! One of my sisters is getting married in October, and while I'm not doing this for "her wedding", it does give an extra push! I think I can be around 180 by then. And where we are coming from 180 is SEXY!!! Ok, my baby just started crying. I'll cbl. Hi LuckyDuck also!
Old 01-15-2006, 03:52 PM   #60  

Default newbie

Hi all. i just joined the site. i had origionally joined it about 7 years ago, boy has it changed since then! i am a sahm of three who runs a home daycare. I have been working seriously on myself over the last little while. i joined WW again and purchased a Tony little Gazelle (love it) I like the thread so far. i could really use the support. Are people going to hang around here for a while or post other places? I am Canadian any other Canadians?

saskbabe is offline   Reply With Quote