Together we can lose it all!! I need to lose 120 lbs.

You're on Page 3 of 6
Go to

• I am on week 5 and down 5 lbs. I am trying to get more motivated to get into exercise. Long term goal is 52 lbs. away!
  • Hey girls,

We have a little Minnesota thing going here. I am from Minneapolis and I think there are more people in this forum from MN then I have met since I began posting in August. I am working on restarting my regular exercise habit.

Have fun!!!

Denise
  • I am 40, 5'2" and would love to lose the extra 130 lbs I am carrying around. I am mom to 2 young girls 3 and 5. I just started back to the gym after a 2 month break and seriously need something. I have been on and off every diet in the book for yrs (WW, South Beach, 3 hr diet, zone) and now am looking into Sonoma, but have not yet bought the book, but am leaning towards trying this. I am up for a bunch of buddies as I know this will be a long haul. Why is it that the wt comes on so much faster than it comes off???
    Anyway, thanks for reading this long winded post and look forward to the many months ahead with all of you.
  • Hi there everyone ! I am a single mom 34 years young and I have 4 boys. I have been overweight since I was 14 and no matter what I do I find no success. I do the whole "maybe if i starve myself it will fall off" yeah right! I have always been one to exercise and have the muscles of an ox. So, what Im needing is an online buddy to talk with me or support me as i would be more than willing to do for them.
    I have a goal and I intend to meet at least half of it by December 31,2006
  • 1.5 lbs of holiday weight to down, 1.5 more to go. Aiming for 5 days at the gym this week! Let's see if I can do this! ^.^
  • I'm hoping I can join you all here - it's looks like a very nice group.

I joined this forum a couple months ago, after seeing a ticker from 3FC's on another site I go to. I didn't start getting serious about getting healthy until a few days ago. My start weight was 263 and this morning I weighed in at 261. Yipee!

I have 2 young children (oldest turned 2 last month and youngest is almost 9 months), I'm 34 years old, 5'7, 261 pounds, size 20. My long term goal weight is 160. Haven't seen that in years...on the way up. 7 years ago I weighed 285 and in about 8 months got down to 172/size 10 (too fast, I know and I've learned)...anyways, I've been quite upset and depressed that I've let myself go again. My youngest baby had severe colic and failure to thrive for her first 4 months and I really let go...quit working out and started comfort eating...and have gained 30 pounds SINCE she was born in April. But now I've decided to get healthy for myself and for my girls.

Since last Wednesday I've exercised every day, am sticking as close to the Zone Diet as I can, and am not eating after 8pm. I really feel good when I balance protein/carbs/fat at each meal and snack. I have no "deadline" for getting to my goal weight; and it very well could be awhile. I/We do want another baby but do not want to get pregnant while "obese" again, but a pregnancy might be happening before I actually hit 160 because of my age. For whatever reason it is easier for me to be healthy and exercise when I'm pregnant; I gained 14 and 18 pounds with each pregnancy, so hopefully when I'm smaller that will be the same.

My baby just woke up, so I gotta run. Anyways, I plan to weigh myself every Monday and check in here periodically to give and get support, if that's OK. I really need some accountability and support.
  • Yet another newbie
    Hello everyone,
    I'm new here (as in signed up a couple of hours ago ), and I'm excited to be here!!!

I'm 22, 5'6" and 270 lbs. I'd like to lose 100 lbs., and then re-evaluate where I want/need to be, so it looks like I fit right in here. No technical diet plan, just watching calories and such, and starting to work out. I've been big my whole life, and done almost every diet plan, as well as going to Camp Shane twice, and several gyms. I'm set to be married in August of 2008; my FH is supportive of me no matter what (he had gone from 300 lbs. to 230 lbs. soon before we met), and only know me at this size. However, it'd be nice to have more choices in terms of wedding dresses!

I'm looking forward to sharing this journey with all of you ladies!
  • Good Morning Ladies! Hope this week is starting well for you all. We know it is for Arian. Way to go on the weight loss! I need to get a name list of the group, so I get familiar with names to start with! BTW - I'm Nori.

Ophelia783 - Sounds like you have a good plan. I'm of the same mindset - that "diets" don't work for me - in the end I know only a lifestyle change will work - not something that I "start" and then "ends". My Mom followed the Zone Diet a few years ago and it worked well for her and she has just continued eating a balanced diet (Which is the Zone) - so I'm trying to follow that since it's something that you can live on forever. That's great that your FH is supportive of you. Period! My DH is the same. Before me met he weighed as much as 310, but since we got married in 1999 he's bounced between 190-210. I feel very lucky to have a man who loves me and is attracted to me even when I feel like I shouldn't have any friends because I am so fat.

So my goal today is to have a sugar-free day. Since the holidays I've been in a sugar rut. It's been better this past week, but still I haven't been able to keep away from all of it. Yesterday I ate 4-5 hard candies - just an empty 120 calories. Guess that means it needs to get tossed out! Yep!

Anyways, off to the gym this morning.

-Nori
  • Way to go all who have come here looking for support! This appears to be the place to be! I am currently on day 8 of my 21 day "make it a habit" exercise plan. Yeah!!!!!!!!!! I am so motivated right now ( these are the key words... right now) I know I will need motivation later one though, I encourage all of you, GET OUT and MOVE!!!! It feels great! I haven't moved for about 15 years, but, it is MY time NOW!!!! LOOK OUT WORLD! Ducky has arrived! keep on posting folks, I love to read about you all!
  • Well it has been over a week and 6 lbs gone!!! I know not to expect this much all the time, tho!! I seem to loose a lot the first week or two, then slow down.
    I'm still having an issue with chocolate.....i've had about 4 truffles today! (left from xmas)
    Any good sugar-free chocolate out there someone can recommend?? I know I won't be able to go without, so if I can find a substitute i'll be ok!!
    Well gonna go get my but moving for a while!
    Good luck every one!!
  • Wow Enlightened! That's great for your first week! Re: Sugar-Free stuff - it really isn't worth the calories to me. I'd rather plan and eat the real stuff. I haven't tried any SF candy in a while though and I do like the pop with Splenda in it, so if I saw any made with Splenda I might try it. I think if you are a chocolate freak (I AM), MODERATION in the thing to learn. I remember when I was in a good groove a few years back I could leave it or take it. I refused to label any foods as "BAD" foods that I will not allow myself to eat...and amazingly enough once I did that the cravings and binges stopped after a fairly short time of being firm with myself (like less than 2 weeks). I'm looking forward to getting to that place this time now and staying there. I'm in my first sugar free day since like November today!! (I have a headache!) I remember that a few years back I could take a reasonable amount of whatever food item I really like and just enjoy 1 oz or corn chips, or 1 miniture candy bar, or 5 crackers...a goal for me to work towards now.

LuckyDucky is our cheerleader!!! I love your MOTIVATED posts!
  • can I join?
    Oh, this sounds like a good group...can I join you? I'm doing WW (again...). I joined end of March, 2005, and have really struggled but am sticking with it. I am feeling resolute! I've lost 19 lbs., the most recent 4.8 lb. loss thanks to bronchitis! I'm aiming to get down to 150 from a high of 238 (yikes) and have gotten my brain wrapped around the idea that it's going to take a while...probably 3 years. But maybe if I do it slowly, I'll keep it off this time.
  • Quote: ...gotten my brain wrapped around the idea that it's going to take a while...probably 3 years. But maybe if I do it slowly, I'll keep it off this time.
    This is where I'm at also...FINALLY! I've finally acknowledeged and understood that I need to make a lifestyle change and not start another diet. I've been fat for years and it may take years to get fit. Anyways, welcome! Hopefully many of us are here for the long haul and can stick together to hlep eachother out.
  • Hi
    Hi there,
    My name is Tina and I am new to this site. I am 5'4" tall and weigh 234 pounds. I have a goal of losing 84 pounds to be at 150 pounds. I would love to have be a buddy to many and have many buddies. I think lots of support is one of the keys to success. Hope to hear from ya'll soon.
  • Welcome Tina!

I'm not usually up this early, but my 2 year old is potty training (including nighttime) and woke up at 6 to use the bathroom. That's a great thing, I like it when her diaper is dry in the morning, but we can usually sleep until 8-9!! Guess we'll make it to the gym when the childcare room opens up!

What does everyone eat for breakfast? I'm on roll with 1/2c. yogurt and 1/2c. Kashi cereal recently + an egg.

Hopefully others will find us over here. Maybe on a new thread we can edit the name of this thread? To just "Together We Can Lose It All"? Or something else catchy/cute!